Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mrs Z
    • By Mrs Z 31st Mar 14, 2:28 PM
    • 866Posts
    • 844Thanks
    Mrs Z
    Waiting to exchange - anyone want to join me?
    • #1
    • 31st Mar 14, 2:28 PM
    Waiting to exchange - anyone want to join me? 31st Mar 14 at 2:28 PM
    Well, we have now passed the 'mortgage application' and survey hurdle and searches are all done. As far as I know, our buyers should also have everything in order. We are now waiting for our seller to get to the same point as they found their house a fortnight after accepting the offer from us. It is nerve wrecking... anyone want to join me????!!!
Page 462
    • sultanabran
    • By sultanabran 10th Jun 17, 12:48 PM
    • 167 Posts
    • 103 Thanks
    sultanabran
    T-minus 12 days until I move. My buyer told me yesterday that his solicitor told him that the paperwork for concluding the missives was posted out that day. His solicitor never uses fax for paperwork so we have to wait until Monday.
    • BiBi
    • By BiBi 10th Jun 17, 10:55 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 81 Thanks
    BiBi
    I sat with my solicitor yesterday and went through the thirteen documents to be sure I knew what's what - I also pointed out the three errors on their bill!! So my contract and transfer is now signed and ready!!!
    There was a questionnaire I answered too which needs to be sent back to buyers (about the conservatory, drains and sewage - easy and shouldn't illicit any issues). And that's it!!

    Looks like it's exchange 23rd June and complete 30th !!!!!!!
    • smallholdingsister
    • By smallholdingsister 11th Jun 17, 10:27 AM
    • 3,290 Posts
    • 24,266 Thanks
    smallholdingsister
    Bibi are you booking removals before exchange?
    • Mr da
    • By Mr da 11th Jun 17, 2:35 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 111 Thanks
    Mr da
    I've got to go down to see my solicitor tomorrow and I'm wondering at what point do they ask to see proof of funds? I'm guessing it can't hopefully be far off exchange now and still not been asked.
    A large part of my funds are from inheritance, should I take my paperwork down tomorrow to show where it has come from?
    • bounderboy
    • By bounderboy 11th Jun 17, 3:13 PM
    • 78 Posts
    • 147 Thanks
    bounderboy
    Well here is another one of those stories where the Buyer and Vendor are on totally different wavelengths as to when they want completion. And you both only find out when you hit ready to exchange.

    We haven't had direct contact with vendor but have made it clear from start we want to move as quickly as possible - it even formed part of my offer that we wouldn't be held up by chain..

    However spoke to vendor today on phone and they had Early August in mind.. to fit in with their purchase. Seems Estate Agent has just been paying us both lip service.. or vendor is just trying it on now the moving out is staring them in the face..

    So frustrating.. i didn;t want this to be a horrid negotiation where both parties feel screwed...
    Last edited by bounderboy; 11-06-2017 at 3:15 PM.
    • BiBi
    • By BiBi 11th Jun 17, 4:32 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 81 Thanks
    BiBi
    Smallholdingsister - yes, I'm trying to get the removals company booked as it should only be three weeks away and I don't want them to get booked up. Having a few problems but hopefully should be sorted soon.

    MrDa - I provided my proof of funds on Friday when we went through the contracts so now might be appropriate if you can supply it.

    Bounderboy - that's dreadful!!! Can you both agree the EA has been duplicitous and agree a time between the two of you and leave the EA out of it??!

    Fingers crossed in a few moths we'll all be laughing about our current stresses!!
    • bounderboy
    • By bounderboy 11th Jun 17, 4:48 PM
    • 78 Posts
    • 147 Thanks
    bounderboy

    Bounderboy - that's dreadful!!! Can you both agree the EA has been duplicitous and agree a time between the two of you and leave the EA out of it??!

    Fingers crossed in a few moths we'll all be laughing about our current stresses!!
    Originally posted by BiBi
    Well that was my hope - we are still too far apart.. I am happy to negotiate but I feel that we have given so much being the buyer without chain that it is unfair now to use the fact we don't have a chain to fit others timescales. We moved out 3 days before Christmas to make sure our sale was completed and we had the benefits of being a no chain buyer. I just feel we shouldn't have to be the ones to give in totally and should get a little bit of a compromise too..

    From a 6-8week purchase we are being offered a 12-14week purchase.. It is a simple sale and everything is ready to go.. hopefully this will resolve quickly without threats and posturing..
    • smallholdingsister
    • By smallholdingsister 11th Jun 17, 4:59 PM
    • 3,290 Posts
    • 24,266 Thanks
    smallholdingsister
    Mr Da take your paperwork.

    Bibi what happens if exchange doesn't happen or the date changes?

    Bounderboy is it time to throw your toys out of your pram?
    • bounderboy
    • By bounderboy 11th Jun 17, 5:06 PM
    • 78 Posts
    • 147 Thanks
    bounderboy

    Bounderboy is it time to throw your toys out of your pram?
    Originally posted by smallholdingsister
    I hate posturing and threatening - but genuinely this feels a little unfair.. We can wait but we have put our life on hold for 7mths already and even though only 5 weeks different it feels like an eternity. We will never be homeless but have truly outstayed our welcome..

    I told the vendor we compromised on the house but because of the promise to not hold up house selling with a chain we were happy to go for it... Feel so let down..
    • smallholdingsister
    • By smallholdingsister 11th Jun 17, 7:58 PM
    • 3,290 Posts
    • 24,266 Thanks
    smallholdingsister
    Hoping to exchange this week or next...
    • Mr da
    • By Mr da 11th Jun 17, 8:34 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 111 Thanks
    Mr da
    Thank you bibi and smallholdings. And let's hope everyone has a productive week ��
    • Nikkinakkinoo2017
    • By Nikkinakkinoo2017 11th Jun 17, 10:02 PM
    • 92 Posts
    • 116 Thanks
    Nikkinakkinoo2017
    Hope everyone has a positive week, still awaiting the last search here. Slowly packing and decluttering, all enquirers are back and one search remaining..... Do you think after the search is back if all is well that we may be discussing exchange dates?
    • BiBi
    • By BiBi 12th Jun 17, 7:21 AM
    • 39 Posts
    • 81 Thanks
    BiBi

    Bibi what happens if exchange doesn't happen or the date changes?
    Originally posted by smallholdingsister

    I'll just have to call back whoever I book and see if they have availability on whatever the new date is. But theres really nothing left to do and it's three weeks away so I'm optimistic it won't get changed (famous last words!!!!)
    • hounsehunterftb
    • By hounsehunterftb 12th Jun 17, 10:10 AM
    • 120 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    hounsehunterftb
    Hope everyone has a positive week, still awaiting the last search here. Slowly packing and decluttering, all enquirers are back and one search remaining..... Do you think after the search is back if all is well that we may be discussing exchange dates?
    Originally posted by Nikkinakkinoo2017
    definitely if nothing else left to do. surely fingers crossed. Have you signed your readiness for exchange?
    Completed!! PROUD homeowner from now on!
    • Frances109
    • By Frances109 12th Jun 17, 11:44 AM
    • 32 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    Frances109
    We finally received the contract through

    I'm not very impressed though as they have spelt my name wrong on every single document..... So infuriating! Plus with it being a repossession we are having a nightmare as we are having to fork out for all queries and there seem to be outstanding bills that I can see us having to pay for

    Ah well, fingers crossed we still exchange on 22 June and complete 29 June!!!
    First time buyer!
    • SeagullFTB
    • By SeagullFTB 12th Jun 17, 2:16 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    SeagullFTB
    Just received our mortgage offer, so I'm now waiting for the help to buy authority to proceed and then to exchange contracts. It's a new build so it should all go through smoothly (fingers crossed).
    • Branchini1979
    • By Branchini1979 12th Jun 17, 2:49 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    Branchini1979
    Well "STILL" no further as i said in my previous post, last bit of paperwork (local search was in 2 1/2 weeks ago and nothing untoward so has just been waiting to exchange but all i keep being told is that awaiting further information from vendors solicitors!!

    Was hoping to be in late May, then first weekend of June now not even mid June looking likely and i am getting one very annoyed buyer of my property!!!
    Originally posted by Branchini1979
    AAARRGGHH!!! We are 13 weeks in, yes 13 weeks and only today do i find out from my solicitor that still awaiting from further queries from local search from vendor's solicitors which whilst annoying, also was expected but the curve ball i was given was that also buyer's solicitor still awaiting queries from further down chain the other end!! WHAT!! I said as i was told and believed that my buyer had sold way before they bought my place and that they were in a position where they had no chain so i am so annoyed now! 13 weeks in and god knows when i will exchange now and really upset with buyers but also my own solicitor for not saying anything earlier!!! NEED A DRINK!!!
    • toc25
    • By toc25 12th Jun 17, 3:44 PM
    • 152 Posts
    • 159 Thanks
    toc25
    Hi, I'm pulling up a seat to join you all. Have absolutely no idea of a completion date. We are about a month in to the purchase and selling our current house too. We have our Mortgage offer and we are ready to go with the purchase side of things but our buyer was a bit slower than us at starting the ball rolling. So we are waiting for him to catch up.

    The survey on our house is this week and I'm worried sick that it will be valued less than we sold it for and they could drop the offer too much.

    I'm trying to stop myself from worrying about stuff that hasn't happened yet. It's really hard though, fingers crossed.
    • starshapedbrick
    • By starshapedbrick 12th Jun 17, 4:14 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    starshapedbrick
    Finally able to join this thread - accepted an offer on our house 20 weeks ago this week, and found ourselves at the lower end of a slow moving chain. Sale has been ready to go since late March but we are now caught up and working for completion on the 26th, with exchange next week
    • joshardy
    • By joshardy 12th Jun 17, 4:26 PM
    • 51 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    joshardy
    So we're about 8 weeks in. Searches are complete although there are a couple of queries with the seller's solicitor outstanding. Hoping to exchange around the last week in Jun and complete first week in July but who knows?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,191Posts Today

4,522Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

  • WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

  • RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

  • Follow Martin