Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mrs Z
    • By Mrs Z 31st Mar 14, 2:28 PM
    • 866Posts
    • 844Thanks
    Mrs Z
    Waiting to exchange - anyone want to join me?
    • 31st Mar 14, 2:28 PM
    Waiting to exchange - anyone want to join me? 31st Mar 14 at 2:28 PM
    Well, we have now passed the 'mortgage application' and survey hurdle and searches are all done. As far as I know, our buyers should also have everything in order. We are now waiting for our seller to get to the same point as they found their house a fortnight after accepting the offer from us. It is nerve wrecking... anyone want to join me????!!!
Page 461
    • SquirrelRM
    • By SquirrelRM 8th Jun 17, 5:00 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    SquirrelRM
    We have exchanged! Yippee! I do however feel that I should get a discount on my conveyancing as I have done all the blooming chasing and sorting! Now the small matter of waiting for build to be completed. X
    • Glbooth3
    • By Glbooth3 8th Jun 17, 5:03 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    Glbooth3
    My draft contract arrived in the post today eeeek going to drive like a madwoman home from work now to read it
    • BiBi
    • By BiBi 8th Jun 17, 5:18 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    BiBi
    GREAT news squirrel!!!!! ��

I have an appointment with the solicitors in the morning and a handful of questions for all the documents they sent me yesterday!! My head is still spinning!!

I also feel I should get a discount! My files have been dealt with by a junior. She's lovely but its so obvious her training wheels are only just off. She's asks the receptionist the answers to my questions before on a visit. And a couple of the answers she given me she has then had to rescind after she's spoken to the solicitor who is officially on my case!

I'm already in the bad books for doing my own SDLT, so I've learned A LOT over the past few months to keep myself abreast of things (and especially how to double check the financial statement as it turns out they're charging me £200 too much!!)

But it's all quite exciting!

Glbooth - don't get a speeding ticket!!!
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 8th Jun 17, 7:39 PM
    • 3,323 Posts
    • 16,208 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    Confirmed! We have all the documents back and everyone is happy with it all.
    Conveyancer would have sent me a statement today but her "assistant was sick".
    Once we get the statement, and are happy with it, we pay the money and agree a completion date.

Seller wants 10th July, which we're happy with. Hopefully she'll find a flat sooner & we might be able to bring the date forward.
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!
    June NSD's 13/20
    EF Challenger #36 £1300/£4000
    / Lose weight 16.2 / 20lbs
    • Dollydaydreama
    • By Dollydaydreama 8th Jun 17, 8:59 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    Dollydaydreama
    We exchanged today too!! So glad that's done! Well done squirrel it's a weight lifted! Fingers crossed for those waiting!
    • smallholdingsister
    • By smallholdingsister 9th Jun 17, 12:57 AM
    • 3,212 Posts
    • 23,871 Thanks
    smallholdingsister
    Well done Squirrel and Dolly!
    • Glbooth3
    • By Glbooth3 9th Jun 17, 7:32 AM
    • 39 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    Glbooth3
    Well done squirrel and dolly! I cannot wait now! I just want to be in my house! I think logically we won't complete until the 6 weeks holiday, we are FTB moving across road �� Our seller is moving round the corner, (we all love our village lol) and her seller is moving into rented but a long commute away (about 3 hours!) they have kids in school so think they will want to wait until end of school term to move them. I hope we exchange before my holiday in July as it will just be nice to go relax with the weight lifted but I can't see it happening tbh
    • LuckyG
    • By LuckyG 9th Jun 17, 11:05 AM
    • 119 Posts
    • 117 Thanks
    LuckyG
    I received my draft contract in the post today also, along with a list of fixtures and fittings and copy of the gas certificate.

Getting closer
    • bounderboy
    • By bounderboy 9th Jun 17, 11:22 AM
    • 61 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    bounderboy
    Oh the woes of the inefficient buying process.. EVERYTHING sorted just negotiating date for completion.

Told our solicitor date we are happy with Wednesday night. Just chased them and they have so much to do that they haven't typed up the letter to communicate the date to our Vendor solicitors. Call me stupid but this doesn't feel the most efficient way to negotiate..

Told my wife if she wants quick conclusion we need to speak to vendor direct and negotiate a mutual date otherwise this simple fact will delay at least a week of both of us not knowing..

So annoyed..
    • Branchini1979
    • By Branchini1979 9th Jun 17, 11:28 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Branchini1979
    Well "STILL" no further as i said in my previous post, last bit of paperwork (local search was in 2 1/2 weeks ago and nothing untoward so has just been waiting to exchange but all i keep being told is that awaiting further information from vendors solicitors!!

Was hoping to be in late May, then first weekend of June now not even mid June looking likely and i am getting one very annoyed buyer of my property!!!
    • bounderboy
    • By bounderboy 9th Jun 17, 11:30 AM
    • 61 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    bounderboy
    Oh the woes of the inefficient buying process.. EVERYTHING sorted just negotiating date for completion.

Told our solicitor date we are happy with Wednesday night. Just chased them and they have so much to do that they haven't typed up the letter to communicate the date to our Vendor solicitors. Call me stupid but this doesn't feel the most efficient way to negotiate..

Told my wife if she wants quick conclusion we need to speak to vendor direct and negotiate a mutual date otherwise this simple fact will delay at least a week of both of us not knowing..

So annoyed..
    • DumbMuscle
    • By DumbMuscle 9th Jun 17, 12:22 PM
    • 137 Posts
    • 148 Thanks
    DumbMuscle

So annoyed..
    Originally posted by bounderboy

I... just... what? As someone who works in a different area of law, 5 minute jobs like that which clear a file off my desk are at the top of my daily to-do list! About the only reason I could see why that would get delayed is if they are dictating letters and the support staff are overworked (which happens - but even then if the client chases I just type the letter up myself!)

Maybe call the EA, get them to pass on the suggested date to the sellers' solicitors, and wait for the sellers to conveniently suggest the same day? :P
    • bounderboy
    • By bounderboy 9th Jun 17, 12:26 PM
    • 61 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    bounderboy
    I... just... what? As someone who works in a different area of law, 5 minute jobs like that which clear a file off my desk are at the top of my daily to-do list! About the only reason I could see why that would get delayed is if they are dictating letters and the support staff are overworked (which happens - but even then if the client chases I just type the letter up myself!)

Maybe call the EA, get them to pass on the suggested date to the sellers' solicitors, and wait for the sellers to conveniently suggest the same day? :P
    Originally posted by DumbMuscle
    Thanks for reply. We are going to speak to EA - as you say need that date we are happy with rather than a to and fro. EA not answering but there is a different problem as normally very good.
    • bounderboy
    • By bounderboy 9th Jun 17, 12:46 PM
    • 61 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    bounderboy
    Thanks for reply. We are going to speak to EA - as you say need that date we are happy with rather than a to and fro. EA not answering but there is a different problem as normally very good.
    Originally posted by bounderboy
    Spoke to EA and they will pass our number on to the vendor to call direct if they want to. I feel it is in there interests to delay a little as their house won't be ready... However hopefully they will and we all know where we stand... good news is at least dates are being discussed
    • SquirrelRM
    • By SquirrelRM 9th Jun 17, 3:23 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    SquirrelRM
    Thanks for the congratulations, I think it's only just sunk in!
    Great news Dolly. Fingers crossed for all those waiting. X
    • hounsehunterftb
    • By hounsehunterftb 9th Jun 17, 3:54 PM
    • 120 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    hounsehunterftb
    Guysssssssss we just excahnged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PARTYYYYYYY

Thanks for your consoling messages. It was just a soothing habit for me to come to this forum and browse through feeling comforted about the fact that "you are no alone in this" and that Lots of people sailing on the same boat!

Waiting for the completion on 16th June!! Woohooooo

I will keep fingers crossed for all of you who are waiting!
    Last edited by hounsehunterftb; 09-06-2017 at 3:58 PM.
    Completed!! PROUD homeowner from now on!
    • SquirrelRM
    • By SquirrelRM 9th Jun 17, 3:57 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    SquirrelRM
    Fantastic news Househunter! X
    • smallholdingsister
    • By smallholdingsister 9th Jun 17, 5:16 PM
    • 3,212 Posts
    • 23,871 Thanks
    smallholdingsister
    Well done Househunter. Good News!
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 9th Jun 17, 8:18 PM
    • 3,323 Posts
    • 16,208 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    About the only reason I could see why that would get delayed is if they are dictating letters and the support staff are overworked (which happens - but even then if the client chases I just type the letter up myself!)
    Originally posted by DumbMuscle
    We didn't get our statement today...I assume our conveyancers assistant is still off sick.
    She's obviously the only one able to type up a statement.
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!
    June NSD's 13/20
    EF Challenger #36 £1300/£4000
    / Lose weight 16.2 / 20lbs
    • Glbooth3
    • By Glbooth3 10th Jun 17, 11:40 AM
    • 39 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    Glbooth3
    So my seller has just messaged me to say they are getting their contracts in post now, we've had our draft papers and fixtures and fittings etc, told solicitor we have no issues etc and happy....what is left to do now guys? Do we just wait for our actual copy? And get ready to send deposit? FTB here but just can't wait to get in!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

647Posts Today

6,262Users online

Martin's Twitter