Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mrs Z
    • By Mrs Z 31st Mar 14, 2:28 PM
    • 866Posts
    • 844Thanks
    Mrs Z
    Waiting to exchange - anyone want to join me?
    • 31st Mar 14, 2:28 PM
    Waiting to exchange - anyone want to join me? 31st Mar 14 at 2:28 PM
    Well, we have now passed the 'mortgage application' and survey hurdle and searches are all done. As far as I know, our buyers should also have everything in order. We are now waiting for our seller to get to the same point as they found their house a fortnight after accepting the offer from us. It is nerve wrecking... anyone want to join me????!!!
Page 449
    • Cinders:
    • By Cinders: 19th May 17, 2:51 PM
    • 157 Posts
    • 784 Thanks
    Cinders:
    It's great to hear of all the updates, and that things seem to be progressing for everyone. I called the EAs this morning, and it seems to be that all the searches are back for all of the chain, and queries are starting to go out. With any luck (and I really don't want to jinx it) we could be looking at exchange the week after next.
    SPC # 115
    • sultanabran
    • By sultanabran 19th May 17, 8:51 PM
    • 166 Posts
    • 102 Thanks
    sultanabran
    Well no update for me. My solicitor copied me in on an email he sent to my buyers solicitor asking him to contact him today as he knows his client is going on holiday. The advantage of me having a line of communication with my buyer.

I've not heard anything since so I'm assuming he never got in touch. My client is now out of his house and goes on holiday Monday. So god knows where I stand now.
    • smallholdingsister
    • By smallholdingsister 20th May 17, 7:30 AM
    • 3,290 Posts
    • 24,263 Thanks
    smallholdingsister
    Frustrating for you.
    • T21JMF
    • By T21JMF 20th May 17, 8:44 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    T21JMF
    Our solicitor was hoping to exchange yesterday but sellers solicitor was waiting for a specific document, guess it didn't arrive as didn't get any confirmation it'd happened. Anyhow, we called round yesterday afternoon to the house we're buying to drop off a good luck card and a small gift and he told us he has the removal firm booked for the morning of the 30th and has to be out by 2 o'clock so we can take possession.

Not impressed with the EA's though, have had nothing but lies from them! Was told this second property the seller is now buying was vacant but seller told us himself the reason it couldn't exchange on the 26th was because the people living there couldn't move out by that date! The seller was more than happy to be out by then and that date worked even better for us but can't happen because it's occupied! They then phoned us yesterday to inform us it was looking like a completion on the 30th - were told that was old news as far as we were concerned! Will remember not to use them if we EVER have to sell again (and I hope not!).

IT'S ACTUALLY FINALLY HAPPENING!!!
    Last edited by T21JMF; 20-05-2017 at 8:50 AM. Reason: Adding information
    • bounderboy
    • By bounderboy 20th May 17, 8:57 AM
    • 78 Posts
    • 147 Thanks
    bounderboy
    Our solicitor was hoping to exchange yesterday but sellers solicitor was waiting for a specific document, guess it didn't arrive as didn't get any confirmation it'd happened. Anyhow, we called round yesterday afternoon to the house we're buying to drop off a good luck card and a small gift and he told us he has the removal firm booked for the morning of the 30th and has to be out by 2 o'clock so we can take possession.

Not impressed with the EA's though, have had nothing but lies from them! Was told this second property the seller is now buying was vacant but seller told us himself the reason it couldn't exchange on the 26th was because the people living there couldn't move out by that date! The seller was more than happy to be out by then and that date worked even better for us but can't happen because it's occupied! They then phoned us yesterday to inform us it was looking like a completion on the 30th - were told that was old news as far as we were concerned! Will remember not to use them if we EVER have to sell again (and I hope not!).

IT'S ACTUALLY FINALLY HAPPENING!!!
    Originally posted by T21JMF
    So did you actually exchange yesterday?
    • smallholdingsister
    • By smallholdingsister 20th May 17, 8:59 AM
    • 3,290 Posts
    • 24,263 Thanks
    smallholdingsister
    So have you still not exchanged?

Mortgage paperwork has been processed super fast and looking good for about five weeks' time.
    • tiredoflife
    • By tiredoflife 20th May 17, 10:19 AM
    • 180 Posts
    • 308 Thanks
    tiredoflife
    Update.
    So we haven't exchanged. We are still waiting for the indemnity insurance to be sorted out. Our solicitor can't get hold of the sellers solicitor. In the menatime my solicitor got a quote for the insurance to see if we were prepared to pay it to get it all rushed through. It's £300 and I don't really want to pay ( should be sellers responsibility) so will give it a few days to see if it gets sorted. 1 step forward 2 steps back. Still hoping to complete by the 2nd June. Wishing the weekend away already. ��
    • smallholdingsister
    • By smallholdingsister 20th May 17, 11:59 AM
    • 3,290 Posts
    • 24,263 Thanks
    smallholdingsister
    Tired what practical things can you do to take your mind off it?
    • hounsehunterftb
    • By hounsehunterftb 20th May 17, 1:01 PM
    • 120 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    hounsehunterftb
    Luckily I am visiting a friend over the weekend which should take my mind of things! Indulge yourself in some activity perhaps binge watching a tv series :P
    Completed!! PROUD homeowner from now on!
    • tiredoflife
    • By tiredoflife 20th May 17, 1:11 PM
    • 180 Posts
    • 308 Thanks
    tiredoflife
    A toddler. That is all. She keeps me distracted from most things! Roll on next week...
    • smallholdingsister
    • By smallholdingsister 20th May 17, 4:45 PM
    • 3,290 Posts
    • 24,263 Thanks
    smallholdingsister
    Maybe you and your toddler could declutter together?
    • T21JMF
    • By T21JMF 20th May 17, 6:08 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    T21JMF
    No exchange didn't happen yesterday, fingers crossed early next week or I can see it all happening on same day at this rate!

Fingers crossed things get sorted for you too next week tiredoflife - the limbo your constantly left in really gets frustrating.
    • donkids22
    • By donkids22 21st May 17, 4:52 PM
    • 138 Posts
    • 637 Thanks
    donkids22
    We have all our searches done mortgage offer in place and we are waiting to exchange and complete house we are moving to has been empty since beginning of April very frustrated. I have a help to but isa which the solicitor has only just told me to close down currently waiting for a clising statement from the bank but i have read we can't complete till the bonus from the goverment comes through and this can take 30 days. So it's looks like beginning of July wI'll be the earliest we can get it.
    Pay off Debt 2017 no54. 1433.95/ 9691.07. NSD jan 15/15. NSD feb 12/15. NSD mar 5/15
    Apr 2/15. Xmas 2 a day no63 302/730. No buying unnecessary toiletries 2017. 1 debt versus 100 days 0/200. April Grocery challenge 210/240
    • Nikkinakkinoo2017
    • By Nikkinakkinoo2017 21st May 17, 7:09 PM
    • 92 Posts
    • 116 Thanks
    Nikkinakkinoo2017
    Home from a weekend away with hubby and the children. Came on to check if anyone had news on Friday. Fingers crossed everyone has productive weeks and that everyone finishes the week ahead with some progress :-) we walked through the door to a letter off our solicitor saying the interpretive report was back and that the house is at no risk from the mine shaft in the garden behind ours so she is just awaiting approval from nationwide before she can proceed.... Have no idea what this means regarding next steps, hopefully not far off talking dates now. We shall see. Have a good week all. Xx
    • Zeni
    • By Zeni 21st May 17, 11:01 PM
    • 223 Posts
    • 471 Thanks
    Zeni
    We have all our searches done mortgage offer in place and we are waiting to exchange and complete house we are moving to has been empty since beginning of April very frustrated. I have a help to but isa which the solicitor has only just told me to close down currently waiting for a closing statement from the bank but i have read we can't complete till the bonus from the government comes through and this can take 30 days. So it's looks like beginning of July wI'll be the earliest we can get it.
    Originally posted by donkids22
    Which bank is your ISA with? We closed our ones last week with Lloyds and they printed out and gave us the closing statement there and then. Also re the bonus solicitors need 5 working days to process the bonus application between exchange and competition.

Its all moving here! ISA's closed and sent off the statements to solicitor (A nice £1600 bonus to use soon hurrah) and contracts all signed with solicitor .The seller has all signed so just the funds to deposit and almost at exchange - I dont know how the whole transferring funds thing works but will see what she says. We have a date of 31st May for completion...it seems so close now I can't wait!
    Swagbuckling since Aug 2016 - Earnings so far.. £55.
    • DumbMuscle
    • By DumbMuscle 22nd May 17, 9:37 AM
    • 241 Posts
    • 287 Thanks
    DumbMuscle
    *twiddles thumbs*

Waiting for answers to my solicitor's queries still (a couple weeks now). I chased the EA on Friday (and asked if the sellers would permit access to the house so I can get quotes for renovation), got a call back straight away to say that he was looking in to it and then.... nothing since. I'm going to be rather busy for the next couple of days, but if nothing has come through by Wednesday then it's time to poke harder until answers fall out.

I have a bit of wiggle room (July 1st is about the latest completion date where things go smoothly for me, July 22nd is when my current tenancy ends), but I just want to get this done now.
    • tiredoflife
    • By tiredoflife 22nd May 17, 10:38 AM
    • 180 Posts
    • 308 Thanks
    tiredoflife
    *twiddles thumbs with dumbmuscle*

On a half day today at work. Checking emails all the time. Still no news. Tempted to pay the £300 myself to get things moving. I might call after lunch if I haven't heard anything.

Good luck everyone for this week! Dreaded bank holiday next weekend which slow everything down again!
    • Gotkeys
    • By Gotkeys 22nd May 17, 10:53 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Gotkeys
    Thought I'd join in as I received my mortgage offer on 10th May.

FTB and the property we're buying is vacant, paid the solicitor on 2nd May for searches. Local solicitor recommended to me, have told me they've started searches and raised a query on the draft contract, no idea what the query is though.

They have suggested I'm looking at 6 to 8 weeks, I have suggested an exchange date of 8th June and completion a week later. They're not very responsive so far to calls or emails though, just want the keys now!
    • bounderboy
    • By bounderboy 22nd May 17, 10:56 AM
    • 78 Posts
    • 147 Thanks
    bounderboy
    *twiddles thumbs with dumbmuscle*

On a half day today at work. Checking emails all the time. Still no news. Tempted to pay the £300 myself to get things moving. I might call after lunch if I haven't heard anything.

Good luck everyone for this week! Dreaded bank holiday next weekend which slow everything down again!
    Originally posted by tiredoflife
    £300 in scheme of things is very little of course, however depends how many £300 you have to pay for just a little patience. An extra day/week seems like an eternity but again in scheme of things such a little piece of time...
    • NiaS90
    • By NiaS90 22nd May 17, 11:22 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    NiaS90
    Just had confirmation through the tenants in the property are due to leave 6th June! Fingers crossed we will be able to exchange pretty quickly after. Mortgage all approved, searches completed, deeds signed, just a waiting game now!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

198Posts Today

1,178Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin