Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mrs Z
    • By Mrs Z 31st Mar 14, 2:28 PM
    • 865Posts
    • 843Thanks
    Mrs Z
    Waiting to exchange - anyone want to join me?
    • 31st Mar 14, 2:28 PM
    Waiting to exchange - anyone want to join me? 31st Mar 14 at 2:28 PM
    Well, we have now passed the 'mortgage application' and survey hurdle and searches are all done. As far as I know, our buyers should also have everything in order. We are now waiting for our seller to get to the same point as they found their house a fortnight after accepting the offer from us. It is nerve wrecking... anyone want to join me????!!!
Page 447
    • T21JMF
    • By T21JMF 17th May 17, 11:45 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    T21JMF
    Good luck MisterP123 and anyone else whose seen a bit of light at the end of their tunnel. I swear the system here in the UK is so out of date for buying and selling property considering all the technology we gave these days!

Anyway quick update here. Had meeting with our solicitor yesterday and been told the 30th May is looking like the date for completion (4 months later!). He's hoping he can agree an exchange for end of this week but I'm not holding out hope for that and won't get my hopes up for completion either till I've got it in stone, been burned too many times over past few months. But it's something and first time they've actually given us a date so it's positive.
    • MisterP123
    • By MisterP123 17th May 17, 11:57 AM
    • 106 Posts
    • 110 Thanks
    MisterP123
    All done and dusted, keys are ready to collect
    • tiredoflife
    • By tiredoflife 17th May 17, 12:30 PM
    • 157 Posts
    • 236 Thanks
    tiredoflife
    Excellent news MisterP123! Enjoy your new home!!

A bit of an update from me. I doubt we are exchanging today. I am under a lot of pressure from work to confirm annual leave dates for move, so I spoke to my solicitor. She said provisionally around 2nd June for completion. Still waiting to hear about the indemnity insurance, but fingers crossed exchanging this week. Solicitor is going to chase again today, again she has been brilliant, worth every penny!

Any news elsewhere?
    • TheDebtinator
    • By TheDebtinator 17th May 17, 12:35 PM
    • 201 Posts
    • 57 Thanks
    TheDebtinator
    Tired of Life I think lender insures from exchange?
    Originally posted by smallholdingsister
    Not sure that is correct. I know that we had to insure the property from exchange as we have a financial interest in it now.
    • Mr da
    • By Mr da 17th May 17, 1:36 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    Mr da
    Congratulations Mrp
    Still waiting for a reply off the vendors to survey results nearly 48 hours now. Chased their estate agent who has left messages. This is going to hold things up as can't get a mortgage offer until they reply.
    • smallholdingsister
    • By smallholdingsister 17th May 17, 9:00 PM
    • 3,053 Posts
    • 22,606 Thanks
    smallholdingsister
    MisterP will you report back on completion day?
    • MisterP123
    • By MisterP123 17th May 17, 9:07 PM
    • 106 Posts
    • 110 Thanks
    MisterP123
    MisterP will you report back on completion day?
    Originally posted by smallholdingsister
    Me? We exchanged and completed today. Property had no upward chain, and I'm a first time buyer. All went smoothly. Solicitor has been superb too.
    • Mr da
    • By Mr da 17th May 17, 9:29 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    Mr da
    Received the contents form off the conveyancer, and on form it says that the vendors are away for the next two weeks, and looks like their estate agents can't get hold of them to discuss survey results , so seems like everything is on hold ��
    • bounderboy
    • By bounderboy 18th May 17, 9:10 AM
    • 26 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    bounderboy
    First time poster in this thread.

Found our dream house. Made a few offers and had one excepted Nov 20th. It was no upward chain but on final offer they accepted and said they wanted till April to find somewhere but would move out regardless if not. Shook hand and with that promise we had to take their word on it.

Well after a couple of chase calls it would seem the deal is now they will only move when they find somewhere.. and not a moment sooner.. They understand if we find somewhere else in the meantime. Helpful

Currently living wth parents as we sold our house in anticipation and just trying to be strong and patient. Area we need has a lack of stock as do a lot of areas.. Just hoping housing supply will increase in Vendors search area or at worst in area we are looking..

Went looking at other houses this weekend but they dont compare :-(

Trying to hold our nerve and wait as I am sure it will be for best.. But wife and 2 kids just want to be settled ASAP..

I even sent a letter last week trying to give a small amount of guilt to our situation but fell on deaf ears..

Must stay strong..
    Originally posted by bounderboy
    Well we found another house - offer accepted 3 weeks ago.. Everything done - just waiting on local searches which can't be far away. Vendor has been very proactive so far considering they don't have anywhere to immediately go. The did promise to move out when everything ready to go even if their next move is not ready. But i have heard that before.

EA put previous house back on market and it still says on details no upward chain. I know that isn't our house anymore but it is just so galling that people are being duped by that. If vendor refuses to sell house until they find another one that is an UPWARD CHAIN.. They will never know what the put us through.. it was our dream house and they just let us down..

Onwards and upwards the new house is 45k cheaper and 2mins walk from my favourite pub. I will get over it :-)
    • tiredoflife
    • By tiredoflife 18th May 17, 11:36 AM
    • 157 Posts
    • 236 Thanks
    tiredoflife
    Waiting, waiting, waiting.....
    Been on a training course all morning and expected to have a flurry of activity on my phone on my return, nothing!

Being in limbo continues.

Any news for anyone else?
    • Nikkinakkinoo2017
    • By Nikkinakkinoo2017 18th May 17, 11:38 AM
    • 74 Posts
    • 81 Thanks
    Nikkinakkinoo2017
    Well we found another house - offer accepted 3 weeks ago.. Everything done - just waiting on local searches which can't be far away. Vendor has been very proactive so far considering they don't have anywhere to immediately go. The did promise to move out when everything ready to go even if their next move is not ready. But i have heard that before.

EA put previous house back on market and it still says on details no upward chain. I know that isn't our house anymore but it is just so galling that people are being duped by that. If vendor refuses to sell house until they find another one that is an UPWARD CHAIN.. They will never know what the put us through.. it was our dream house and they just let us down..

Onwards and upwards the new house is 45k cheaper and 2mins walk from my favourite pub. I will get over it :-)
    Originally posted by bounderboy
    Good luck. Hope it goes smoothly.
    • hounsehunterftb
    • By hounsehunterftb 18th May 17, 11:39 AM
    • 109 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    hounsehunterftb
    Been on a training course all morning and expected to have a flurry of activity on my phone on my return, nothing!

Originally posted by tiredoflife
    You and I think alike almost! Be house hunt, job hunting anything I expect some good news after being away for a long time from emails or phone and the reality strikes. "no new email" "no new messages" "no missed calls"

Going through the same phase!
    FTB - no chain vendor. In the middle of "home buying" - Conveyancing has began (Searches back and mortgage offer in place) - Solicitors taking awful amount of time for a simple chain free purchase!! So annoying!!
    Fingers Crossed still!
    • Nikkinakkinoo2017
    • By Nikkinakkinoo2017 18th May 17, 11:40 AM
    • 74 Posts
    • 81 Thanks
    Nikkinakkinoo2017

Originally posted by tiredoflife
    Ohh I really hope you hear something soon. No news here either. We go away tomorrow for the weekend so ever hopeful that the postman brings the latest report.
    • tiredoflife
    • By tiredoflife 18th May 17, 11:44 AM
    • 157 Posts
    • 236 Thanks
    tiredoflife
    Haha. I know. I'm obsessing about it now! I think I got my hopes up she. She told me on Monday we'd exchange middle of the week, which is Wednesday or Thursday in my head. I'm now thinking next week.

Ohh enjoy your weekend away, very jealous!
    • Lu_equi
    • By Lu_equi 18th May 17, 2:52 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Lu_equi
    Watching and now can join in ....
    Hi All!
    Been reading for a while !Nearly joined once when had mortgage offer then realised they had put 35 year term so had to have it changed to 25! JUST got it back now phewww!

We are in the early stages , and I know the seller's solicitors are still awaiting the seller to send his initial paperwork back so our solicitor cannot start searches etc just yet. I believe we have got a seller who is not in a hurry haha x

Fingers crossed everything runs smoothly .

xx
    • tiredoflife
    • By tiredoflife 18th May 17, 3:45 PM
    • 157 Posts
    • 236 Thanks
    tiredoflife
    Bahhh. Just come back from second training session and still no news! Do I phone my soilicitor or chill and wait until tomorrow.
    • Nikkinakkinoo2017
    • By Nikkinakkinoo2017 18th May 17, 5:25 PM
    • 74 Posts
    • 81 Thanks
    Nikkinakkinoo2017
    Oh how frustrating!!!!!! Fingers crossed for news tomorrow. Give them a call in the morn..... They did say midweek after all x
    • hounsehunterftb
    • By hounsehunterftb 18th May 17, 5:47 PM
    • 109 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    hounsehunterftb
    @tiredoflife: Give them a call tomorrow in the morning you haven't already that is :P Hope you hear something tomorrow! Let us know.

We haven't had any news ourselves. Last we heard from our solicitors was on Tuesday stating that the enquiries have been raised and additional documentation has been requested.
    Her words
    "I would hope to be in a position to exchange and complete soon although we are currently in the hands of the sellers solicitors and the speed in which they respond."

A question to all: We have had our mortgage offer in place ages ago and searches back too now. Though we have not received anything from our solicitors yet. Eg: Mortgage deed to sign or search reports nothing. Is this normal? Nothing to be worried about right?

I am assuming that they would send all of it in one go alongside contract once they have the replies from seller's solicitors
    FTB - no chain vendor. In the middle of "home buying" - Conveyancing has began (Searches back and mortgage offer in place) - Solicitors taking awful amount of time for a simple chain free purchase!! So annoying!!
    Fingers Crossed still!
    • tiernsee
    • By tiernsee 18th May 17, 6:04 PM
    • 245 Posts
    • 290 Thanks
    tiernsee
    Also waiting to exchange. Survey back (all ok ) searches underway, was hoping initially for completion next week, probably far too optimistic! More realistic mid-June. Good luck to all
    • smallholdingsister
    • By smallholdingsister 18th May 17, 7:20 PM
    • 3,053 Posts
    • 22,606 Thanks
    smallholdingsister
    Good news - we are all working towards and end of June completion.

Bad news mortgage paperwork was posted on Saturday and hasn't arrived.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,508Posts Today

6,755Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin