Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mrs Z
    • By Mrs Z 31st Mar 14, 2:28 PM
    • 866Posts
    • 844Thanks
    Mrs Z
    Waiting to exchange - anyone want to join me?
    • 31st Mar 14, 2:28 PM
    Waiting to exchange - anyone want to join me? 31st Mar 14 at 2:28 PM
    Well, we have now passed the 'mortgage application' and survey hurdle and searches are all done. As far as I know, our buyers should also have everything in order. We are now waiting for our seller to get to the same point as they found their house a fortnight after accepting the offer from us. It is nerve wrecking... anyone want to join me????!!!
Page 446
    • Cinders:
    • By Cinders: 16th May 17, 9:04 AM
    • 155 Posts
    • 780 Thanks
    Cinders:
    Apparently searches are taking 10 weeks here.
    Originally posted by smallholdingsister
    Wow, that's ridiculous. How long ago did your solicitor start the searches?
    SPC # 115
    • tiredoflife
    • By tiredoflife 16th May 17, 10:06 AM
    • 178 Posts
    • 303 Thanks
    tiredoflife
    Agreed Cinders, small - thats crazy! Where about's are you in the country?
    • Zeni
    • By Zeni 16th May 17, 11:07 AM
    • 213 Posts
    • 452 Thanks
    Zeni
    small that's insanely long for searches! Think ours took just under 4 weeks. Are you having any unusual searches done or anything that takes time?

So after chat with OH last night we bit the bullet and rang our solicitor this morning and said we were happy to proceed as realise seller probably wont budge and we will just waste more time. Not worth the £100 ish pounds its going to cost us to sort the little things out if we have to stay in our flat another month! We have proposed a completion date of 31st May so now we wait to see if seller agrees and then head towards possible exchange very soon.. eek!
    Swagbuckling since Aug 2016 - Earnings so far.. £55.
    • Cinders:
    • By Cinders: 16th May 17, 11:18 AM
    • 155 Posts
    • 780 Thanks
    Cinders:

So after chat with OH last night we bit the bullet and rang our solicitor this morning and said we were happy to proceed as realise seller probably wont budge and we will just waste more time. Not worth the £100 ish pounds its going to cost us to sort the little things out if we have to stay in our flat another month! We have proposed a completion date of 31st May so now we wait to see if seller agrees and then head towards possible exchange very soon.. eek!
    Originally posted by Zeni
    That's brilliant news, so hopefully you will have your new home in just a couple of weeks
    SPC # 115
    • hounsehunterftb
    • By hounsehunterftb 16th May 17, 11:34 AM
    • 120 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    hounsehunterftb
    @smallholding: That's too long. You must be getting so anxious! Ours came just yesterday which was exact 4 weeks.

small that's insanely long for searches! Think ours took just under 4 weeks. Are you having any unusual searches done or anything that takes time?

Brilliant! You are heading towards completion soon! Congrats!
    Completed!! PROUD homeowner from now on!
    • tiredoflife
    • By tiredoflife 16th May 17, 12:06 PM
    • 178 Posts
    • 303 Thanks
    tiredoflife

Whoop! Excellent news!
    • MisterP123
    • By MisterP123 16th May 17, 1:10 PM
    • 146 Posts
    • 149 Thanks
    MisterP123
    Joining In
    Well,

I haven't really updated much, very briefly in the awaiting a mortgage decision thread...... So, the solicitor has my deposit, funds and home insurance. My file is complete. Tomorrow is exchange and completion
    • Mr da
    • By Mr da 16th May 17, 1:10 PM
    • 72 Posts
    • 103 Thanks
    Mr da
    Quick moan here. After having a home buyers survey done, survey came back that I was overpaying for the house. After trying to get in touch with the vendors agent all day yesterday I asked if the vendor would reduce at all. Made phone call yesterday 4.50 pm still not heard anything back. Why does everything take ages.
    • hounsehunterftb
    • By hounsehunterftb 16th May 17, 1:23 PM
    • 120 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    hounsehunterftb
    Quick moan here. After having a home buyers survey done, survey came back that I was overpaying for the house. After trying to get in touch with the vendors agent all day yesterday I asked if the vendor would reduce at all. Made phone call yesterday 4.50 pm still not heard anything back. Why does everything take ages.
    Originally posted by Mr da
    That's the ground rule for home buying. "Things taking ages!" :/ :/
    • Nikkinakkinoo2017
    • By Nikkinakkinoo2017 16th May 17, 2:24 PM
    • 87 Posts
    • 107 Thanks
    Nikkinakkinoo2017
    No update for us yet I am afraid, hoping to hear the outcome of the interpretive report before we go away for the weekend on Friday. We shall see, I think I'm being optimistic.
    Really hope people close to exchanging get it really soon. Love to read about people's processes being successful. Gives us hope haha.
    Last edited by Nikkinakkinoo2017; 16-05-2017 at 10:01 PM. Reason: spell error
    • tiredoflife
    • By tiredoflife 16th May 17, 2:49 PM
    • 178 Posts
    • 303 Thanks
    tiredoflife
    Just had another email from our solicitor. Our vendor needs to take out indemnity insurance on a bit of land ( long story) so guessing that might take a couple of days? I am thinking mid week is optimistic. Maybe Friday? But, moving in the right direction!

Congrats MisterP123! Hope all goes well.
    • DumbMuscle
    • By DumbMuscle 16th May 17, 3:17 PM
    • 137 Posts
    • 140 Thanks
    DumbMuscle
    Still waiting for the other side to respond to my solicitor's queries (I'll start prodding harder tomorrow). Results from the searches are in the post (told by solicitor yesterday when I checked that she wasn't waiting for any more documents from me). Survey has been done - came up with a few surprises, but all but one of them will be fixed incidentally by renovations I was planning anyway! The one remaining surprise is sufficiently minor and non-urgent that I'm happy to let things progress as they are.

Closer every day! Probably going to sort a further viewing out at some point to measure everything up for furniture, and note whether any of the light fittings/switches will need changing if I want to do smart home things.
    • Cinders:
    • By Cinders: 16th May 17, 4:04 PM
    • 155 Posts
    • 780 Thanks
    Cinders:
    Tired - I'll keep my fingers crossed for next week for you.

Just had a call from EA, lady at the top of the chain has changed her mind again, and has decided to go into rented. I seriously hope that she sticks to this decision and we might finally get somewhere with this house purchase!
    SPC # 115
    • smallholdingsister
    • By smallholdingsister 16th May 17, 6:30 PM
    • 3,202 Posts
    • 23,822 Thanks
    smallholdingsister
    Cinders that is good news!

We are in Devon and started a fortnight ago. Funding cuts!
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 16th May 17, 7:02 PM
    • 3,320 Posts
    • 16,179 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    We are still waiting on a couple of enquiries.
    We thought we had a breakthrough when a load of responses came back, but I think we have just a couple left.

I worry thou when my email case update states

"We await the remaining replies to ejquiries"
    I would have assumed legal people would be able to spell, or at least use spell checkers.
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!
    June NSD's 11/20
    EF Challenger #36 £1250/£4000
    / Lose weight 14.6 / 20lbs
    • MisterP123
    • By MisterP123 17th May 17, 10:17 AM
    • 146 Posts
    • 149 Thanks
    MisterP123
    Well,

I haven't really updated much, very briefly in the awaiting a mortgage decision thread...... So, the solicitor has my deposit, funds and home insurance. My file is complete. Tomorrow is exchange and completion
    Originally posted by MisterP123
    Today's the day. Waiting nervously by the phone.... Haven't got much done in work so far.
    • Cinders:
    • By Cinders: 17th May 17, 10:40 AM
    • 155 Posts
    • 780 Thanks
    Cinders:
    Today's the day. Waiting nervously by the phone.... Haven't got much done in work so far.
    Good luck, I have my fingers crossed for you
    SPC # 115
    • Nikkinakkinoo2017
    • By Nikkinakkinoo2017 17th May 17, 10:56 AM
    • 87 Posts
    • 107 Thanks
    Nikkinakkinoo2017
    Good luck MisterP123. X
    • hounsehunterftb
    • By hounsehunterftb 17th May 17, 11:05 AM
    • 120 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    hounsehunterftb
    All the best MisterP! Hope it all goes well for you!

And once you are done, could you take a moment and post your exact timeline (including offer accepted, mortgage offer, searches received etc etc) ? Perhaps from your new home when you are all settled

Good luck!
    • DumbMuscle
    • By DumbMuscle 17th May 17, 11:44 AM
    • 137 Posts
    • 140 Thanks
    DumbMuscle
    Searches are back! As well as a lot of irrelevant information (it's great to know that I'm at no risk of coastal flooding in central Oxfordshire!), there's one more question to put to the sellers (regarding permission for the extension given that it goes over a public sewer). Time to start poking their solicitors in earnest.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,247Posts Today

7,360Users online

Martin's Twitter