Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mrs Z
    • By Mrs Z 31st Mar 14, 2:28 PM
    • 866Posts
    • 844Thanks
    Mrs Z
    Waiting to exchange - anyone want to join me?
    • #1
    • 31st Mar 14, 2:28 PM
    Waiting to exchange - anyone want to join me? 31st Mar 14 at 2:28 PM
    Well, we have now passed the 'mortgage application' and survey hurdle and searches are all done. As far as I know, our buyers should also have everything in order. We are now waiting for our seller to get to the same point as they found their house a fortnight after accepting the offer from us. It is nerve wrecking... anyone want to join me????!!!
Page 432
    • Tomjones
    • By Tomjones 17th Mar 17, 7:53 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Tomjones
    Tried to phone solicitor but she was off this afternoon so will need to worry about it until Monday.
    Originally posted by The_Logans
    Haha this is a typical solicitor. I've never know a profession to take so many long lunch breaks or days off.

    I'm finally completing in two weeks hopefully. It's always a long haul but just keep plugging away...
    • The_Logans
    • By The_Logans 17th Mar 17, 9:39 PM
    • 239 Posts
    • 171 Thanks
    The_Logans
    Haha this is a typical solicitor. I've never know a profession to take so many long lunch breaks or days off.

    I'm finally completing in two weeks hopefully. It's always a long haul but just keep plugging away...
    Originally posted by Tomjones
    Good luck!
    • PeterPanic
    • By PeterPanic 18th Mar 17, 6:34 AM
    • 36 Posts
    • 83 Thanks
    PeterPanic
    Good luck PeterPanic and paul101chich
    Originally posted by samo8076
    I didn't chase at all today, just got a one line email to say the funds had been transferred and to contact the agent to pick up the keys. It feels a bit strange as I am not in the UK at the moment, so my parents picked up the keys.

    But I almost cannot believe it is done and I hopefully never have to think or worry about buying a house again. I never have to chase anyone again who never gets back to me or have that constant worry that the seller is going to pull out at the last minute. I had been looking on and off for three years and had someone pull out the week before exchange, if that had happened again I think I would have given up forever.

    For everyone who is waiting to exchange I wish you good luck and have my fingers crossed it all goes smoothly and that you get there in the end.

    After three years of trying to buy it is going to take a few days to sink in that it is all, finally over.
    • Dollymix12
    • By Dollymix12 18th Mar 17, 7:24 AM
    • 208 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    Dollymix12
    Sale completed a week ago and we have been living with my MIL for 2 weeks now, searches are done and replies to enquiries have been received. Our lawyer has had to chase up a couple of Enquires that weren't answered so still just waiting..........
    • Kas1994
    • By Kas1994 18th Mar 17, 7:56 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Kas1994
    Hope someone can help!!
    So we applied for a mortgage with Natwest on a new build so we don't have a house to sell either, the house is all ready and ready to move in to. We got an email on Wednesday to say the mortgage was with the underwriters, but I rang the sales office yesterday to tell the woman I had received the letter she sent. I then told her that we were still waiting to hear from the mortgage advisor if we have been accepted for the mortgage, to then she replied "you have been accepted your valuation is booked in next Thursday" BUT I don't know how she would know if we definitely have been accepted if the mortage advisor hasn't told us!! So do the lender (natwest) only do a valuation if you have been accepted?!
    • The_Logans
    • By The_Logans 18th Mar 17, 8:03 AM
    • 239 Posts
    • 171 Thanks
    The_Logans
    Hope someone can help!!
    So we applied for a mortgage with Natwest on a new build so we don't have a house to sell either, the house is all ready and ready to move in to. We got an email on Wednesday to say the mortgage was with the underwriters, but I rang the sales office yesterday to tell the woman I had received the letter she sent. I then told her that we were still waiting to hear from the mortgage advisor if we have been accepted for the mortgage, to then she replied "you have been accepted your valuation is booked in next Thursday" BUT I don't know how she would know if we definitely have been accepted if the mortage advisor hasn't told us!! So do the lender (natwest) only do a valuation if you have been accepted?!
    Originally posted by Kas1994

    I'm sure others will know better than me, but I suspect the sales lady meant that you have been approved in principle. Ours went from approved in principle - valuation - underwriters - offer. If it helps, the underwriters only took 2 days to return their decision. Good luck!
    • Kas1994
    • By Kas1994 18th Mar 17, 8:16 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Kas1994
    Hi thank you!!
    They already told us it was with the underwriters on Wednesday so it was 2 days after that which she told me it was booked in for valuation. I didn't know wether they make sure you get accepted then do the valuation and then offer accepted! Or they do valuation and then see if you get accepted!
    It's all stressful
    • kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 18th Mar 17, 7:59 PM
    • 2,855 Posts
    • 12,242 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    Kas we went with Natwest for Newbuild and I was told they instruct valuation before approval, but you get the valuation fee refunded if they decline you.

    Our offer took 2 days after the valuation so fingers crossed for you!
    £835/3000 OH BC(72.16% PAID)
    PAID VERY, Barclaycard x2, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID LBM 24/07/15 - Debt: £835/31010.23 (97.30% paid)
    Mortgage - £162,900.00 (2017 O/P £1312.91) PAYDBX 17 #006 - £15264.59/14,539.71 Make £10 Apr £194.58 Make £10 May £159.75 Make £10 June £266.85
    • richardwilson1984
    • By richardwilson1984 20th Mar 17, 1:19 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    richardwilson1984
    Still waiting on the leasehold management pack to come through! The last official piece of correspondence we had through was the fixtures and fittings list on 20 February - a month ago!

    We have to give a month's notice to our current landlord and our mortgage offer from Britannia expires in the first few days of May! I remember scoffing at the expiry date when the offer came from in January but I'm beginning to think this purchase will never happen!
    • Mrs CP
    • By Mrs CP 20th Mar 17, 3:46 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 81 Thanks
    Mrs CP
    Our saga continues.
    First buyer pulls out 2 weeks before agreed exchange and completion date - chain agrees to wait and new buyer found within 3 weeks. This buyer's solicitor is far more picky and thorough than the previous one and keeps coming up with one query after another. Apparently we are a flood risk because we have a culvert built at the back of our house - as have lots and lots of streets in the city after another part of it, some 5 miles away, flooded back in the 60's. Also we have a teeny bit of damp, which wasn't picked up before. In the midst of all this, our vendor's vendor, who is at the top of the chain and was planning on going into rented, has now put a deposit on a house and insisted we all must exchange by today. So every day I get pressure from my vendor, but new queries from my buyer. Today apparently I have removed a chimney breast and a load bearing wall and they are seeking retrospective permission. I genuinely think they are looking at the wrong house. It's a terraced house with the adjoining wall between the two downstairs rooms removed before we moved in (in 1991). It was not lead bearing. And the chimney breasts - both of them - are still there! if we have to seek retrospective permission (if I have REALLY missed something and the chimney breast was removed one night while I was sleeping) it could add weeks or months to the process and we will lose our onward purchase. I don't know how much more of this I can take. Everything I have done over the past 20 years has been towards this move, away from an area and a house I always hated living in but circumstances prevented me from being able to go. Now I can, and it seems impossible. Our lives are on hold, in limbo and our dream house may just disappear. I hate this so much!!!
    • 9ja4life
    • By 9ja4life 20th Mar 17, 9:27 PM
    • 226 Posts
    • 413 Thanks
    9ja4life
    Our saga continues.
    First buyer pulls out 2 weeks before agreed exchange and completion date - chain agrees to wait and new buyer found within 3 weeks. This buyer's solicitor is far more picky and thorough than the previous one and keeps coming up with one query after another. Apparently we are a flood risk because we have a culvert built at the back of our house - as have lots and lots of streets in the city after another part of it, some 5 miles away, flooded back in the 60's. Also we have a teeny bit of damp, which wasn't picked up before. In the midst of all this, our vendor's vendor, who is at the top of the chain and was planning on going into rented, has now put a deposit on a house and insisted we all must exchange by today. So every day I get pressure from my vendor, but new queries from my buyer. Today apparently I have removed a chimney breast and a load bearing wall and they are seeking retrospective permission. I genuinely think they are looking at the wrong house. It's a terraced house with the adjoining wall between the two downstairs rooms removed before we moved in (in 1991). It was not lead bearing. And the chimney breasts - both of them - are still there! if we have to seek retrospective permission (if I have REALLY missed something and the chimney breast was removed one night while I was sleeping) it could add weeks or months to the process and we will lose our onward purchase. I don't know how much more of this I can take. Everything I have done over the past 20 years has been towards this move, away from an area and a house I always hated living in but circumstances prevented me from being able to go. Now I can, and it seems impossible. Our lives are on hold, in limbo and our dream house may just disappear. I hate this so much!!!
    Originally posted by Mrs CP

    The buyer at the top of our chain must be related to your buyer! She keeps finding fault with everything in the house of the seller who is buying ours. Exchange and completion set for 30th. I'm not holding my breath plus our S21 has run out. Landlord is still being nice but I don't how much longer he'll wait. He wants to renovate and move in. Lady we're buying from is moving in with her dad thank god!
    • missmoose
    • By missmoose 21st Mar 17, 12:08 PM
    • 119 Posts
    • 265 Thanks
    missmoose
    Everyone is wanting to complete by the end of the month, we're finally getting somewhere
    • 6am
    • By 6am 21st Mar 17, 2:50 PM
    • 155 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    6am
    We have exchanged today, I am off to a "waiting to complete" board. Completion is next week. Good luck everyone. Sometime exchanges happen.
    • Josephiney83
    • By Josephiney83 21st Mar 17, 6:55 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Josephiney83
    Finally got in touch with our buyer (couple of weeks before suggested completion date) who is possibly being relocated for work but won't know where for a while. Meanwhile, we have an offer in on a property which is available in June and all going well. As our buyer can't commit due to work, we are going back on the market
    • Mrs36
    • By Mrs36 21st Mar 17, 8:03 PM
    • 125 Posts
    • 203 Thanks
    Mrs36
    I can't quite get my head around someone putting an offer in and not being able to commit. What a waste of your time!

    We exchanged on our purchase and have a month to wait before completion. At least it will give me a chance to pack properly I suppose!
    • Josephiney83
    • By Josephiney83 21st Mar 17, 8:32 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Josephiney83
    To be fair, he was a committed buyer, it's just that his circumstances at work have changed and he can't commit to exchanging and completing at the moment, but we are purchasing another property and so can't hang around waiting for him. We've said we'll put the house back on the market and if he finds from work that he will be kept local and wants to commit at that point (having gone through all of the legal stuff) then we will happily take it back off. I just really hope it doesn't mean that we lose out on our purchase!
    • Rileybaby
    • By Rileybaby 21st Mar 17, 10:12 PM
    • 224 Posts
    • 113 Thanks
    Rileybaby
    I've signed contracts today so feel like we are finally moving forward!
    • orangesmartie
    • By orangesmartie 22nd Mar 17, 12:27 PM
    • 325 Posts
    • 829 Thanks
    orangesmartie
    I'm joining in. Searches sent off 4 weeks ago. Asked solicitor last week for update, apparently the local authority one won't be back until 11th April. Over 6 weeks to get that one search! Is that normal??


    Haven't yet had any correspondence from solicitors, with PIF, I guess I don't get that until the searches are back? I was hoping to be done and dusted before Easter, or before I go on holiday at the end of April, but its not looking likely. I'm lucky in that there's no chain here, just me and the seller.
    • Resh
    • By Resh 22nd Mar 17, 1:59 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    Resh
    Our solicitor just rang to make an appointment with us next week and I swear I was that excited I didn't even catch why we are going in. Ha! Something about our purchase so I assume it's to go over the contract with us? Who knows! I really want to complete in the first week of May. Desperate to get out of this rented house and paint a wall!
    • Jox
    • By Jox 22nd Mar 17, 4:48 PM
    • 1,271 Posts
    • 2,691 Thanks
    Jox
    I exchanged today! Chain of 5. It's taken me 11 months to get to this point so relief is an understatement.

    Good luck everyone
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,189Posts Today

5,195Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

  • WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

  • RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

  • Follow Martin