Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mrs Z
    • By Mrs Z 31st Mar 14, 2:28 PM
    • 859Posts
    • 841Thanks
    Mrs Z
    Waiting to exchange - anyone want to join me?
    • #1
    • 31st Mar 14, 2:28 PM
    Waiting to exchange - anyone want to join me? 31st Mar 14 at 2:28 PM
    Well, we have now passed the 'mortgage application' and survey hurdle and searches are all done. As far as I know, our buyers should also have everything in order. We are now waiting for our seller to get to the same point as they found their house a fortnight after accepting the offer from us. It is nerve wrecking... anyone want to join me????!!!
Page 370
    • PlaysNicely
    • By PlaysNicely 17th Oct 16, 4:33 PM
    • 101 Posts
    • 172 Thanks
    PlaysNicely


    Well I have some news at least. No exchange today. Bottom chain awaiting water search to come back, due in tomorrow. They buyer is sending back signed contracts and transferring deposit for tomorrow. We 'may' get exchange for tomorrow but most likely Wednesday. Unless my vendor asks I'm not saying anything. Not the best news but at least I know where we are at. That is better than limbo.
    Originally posted by Levs01
    As you say Levs, not the best news but at least it answers the "is it going to be today?" question, sounds good for later in the week though, best of luck!

    Thanks for all the well wishes everyone

    Well it's 4pm and no sign of exchange. My solicitor emailed at 1pm saying that the funds had arrived with their solicitor but they were waiting on them to sort their insurance out. I feel like with us being a flood risk, this does mean some insurance companies won't quote, although I have insurance with a normal provider at a normal price, I have this horrible gut feeling this could be the final nail in the coffin as it just took them 2.5 weeks to decide they want to continue with the purchase.

    Sat at work trying not to cry at the thought of yet another sleepless night - anyone got any recommendations on how to sleep, I'm exhausted!! I get to sleep but find myself awake 3am onwards with all of the house stuff just going round and round my head.

    I hope you guys have had a more successful day than we have!!
    Originally posted by lifeofunmumsy
    Mumsy, have you let the EA know who you're insured with so they can pass this on as helpful info to your buyers?The one we're buying is a flood risk zone 3 and although it's a probate sale, the vendor, a relative of the deceased, has the same postcode so she's let me know who she insures through and who her relative insured through when he lived in the property. This has really helped us to not have to trawl through the quotation process for insurers who then say, oops, sorry but no! Sorry to have found this late in the day, but might help them organise themselves for tomorrow ...?

    Aaaaaaan we've exchanged!

    Work done, pub for a few!
    Originally posted by lee111s
    So glad for you Lee, yes, definitely have a few! When do you complete?

    Keeping the faith here (well, just about) PN x
    • Korra
    • By Korra 17th Oct 16, 4:34 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 65 Thanks
    Korra
    No exchange today despite the rush last week from the vendors solicitors to exchange urgently. Everything is good to go but something to do with the sellers purchase meant exchange cannot happen today.

    I will be glad when this is all over. Hoping for tomorrow now.
    2016: Hopefully be a FTB
    Complete 27.10.2016
    • Bonfire Bride
    • By Bonfire Bride 17th Oct 16, 4:52 PM
    • 658 Posts
    • 804 Thanks
    Bonfire Bride
    Any update MissT? x


    Argh - gutted for you Korra


    At least it is only Monday - plenty of promise left in the week ahead.
    Mummy to 2 little boys born in 2013 & 2015
    House on the market for 19 months ....SOLD! ...complete!
    Natalie
    • Levs01
    • By Levs01 17th Oct 16, 5:41 PM
    • 224 Posts
    • 237 Thanks
    Levs01
    Aaaaaaan we've exchanged!

    Work done, pub for a few!
    Originally posted by lee111s
    Woohoo congratulations!!
    • lee111s
    • By lee111s 17th Oct 16, 5:57 PM
    • 2,463 Posts
    • 1,750 Thanks
    lee111s
    Thanks all

    We're buying newbuild so completion is on notice.

    Spoke to the builder today and they're still on track to have the house signed off on November 11th (but naturally they never commit) so we're aiming to complete November 24th but of course that's subject to the house being ready
    • Davo_
    • By Davo_ 17th Oct 16, 7:30 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    Davo_
    Kellsm - Perhaps the solicitors can help as it often happens that the same firm of solicitors handling the divorce/family matters handles the property sale side of things, so they might know a little bit more. Worth some phone calls to see...
    • jojo9239
    • By jojo9239 17th Oct 16, 7:56 PM
    • 319 Posts
    • 223 Thanks
    jojo9239
    Le11s congrats!!!!!!! Have a good few drinks x
    • MissTasmanian
    • By MissTasmanian 17th Oct 16, 8:11 PM
    • 605 Posts
    • 256 Thanks
    MissTasmanian
    Against all expectations the estate agent (although not our solicitor) has got back to us today saying that the vendor has accepted one of our demands! After weeks of him ignoring us we gave him a final ultimatum on Thursday to both decide a firm completion date in November and to reduce the price.

    Well he finally choose a firm date for completion in November and supposedly my solicitor will confirm this tomorrow; however he hasn't agreed to reduce the price. I think I know that I should accept this but it's still one of the hardest decisions of my and my OH'S life.

    I mean perhaps we should be happy? All the stress and worry could finally be over. But accepting this means we also accept that we allowed ourselves to be taken advantage of, bullied, and put through months of worry and stress when our vendor went back on his word.

    To have had an offer accepted in July with the promise and condition of the actual offer itself to say that the vendor wouldn't delay the purchase and confirming he was chain free so to now only have a date for completion in November is infuriating.

    We had the expense and stress of having to find short term, expensive and crappy accommodation whilst he got to stay in his house instead of moving in with his wife. Whilst I'll never know his reason for making our lives so hard I can't help but suspect it was just a petty ploy because he'd wanted more for his house that had sat on the market for two years... My friend claims that on driving past the house she thought it looked empty grrr....

    Also the thought of buying the house so that the estates agents get a cut makes me shudder they've been so horrible, lied repeatedly and attempted to bully us on numerous occasions, and deliberately tried to call me instead of my OH so they could intimidate and scare me.

    I just don't know if I can accept this now and not feel ashamed. The whole process has been brutal and I can't help but think I'd always feel less for giving in after having been bullied in this way.
    • Bonfire Bride
    • By Bonfire Bride 17th Oct 16, 9:57 PM
    • 658 Posts
    • 804 Thanks
    Bonfire Bride
    MissT - you're a stronger lady than I am...2 months into it and I was ready to pull the plug. However, I loved the house we pulled out of and still feel a little sad that it wont be our home. In 6 months time, this whole awful experience will be well and truly behind you.

    Do you still see yourself in the house? And how do you feel when you think of yourself living there?

    They are the main questions, now that you're so close to the finish line. Easier said than done, but try and put the emotion to one side and ask yourself those questions above.

    xx
    Mummy to 2 little boys born in 2013 & 2015
    House on the market for 19 months ....SOLD! ...complete!
    Natalie
    • jojo9239
    • By jojo9239 18th Oct 16, 7:44 AM
    • 319 Posts
    • 223 Thanks
    jojo9239
    We had same 5 days before exchange vendors says nahhh not good for me those dates now I was livid !!! She kept moving the dates threatening to withdraw the house if we didn't meet her demands taking ages to respond to anything in the end I fell out of love with the house and we made the tough choice of pulling out 3 months in. We went ahead with our sale and moved to my mums out stuff in storage send cat off to cattery and we have now found an even better house! I will never forgive that woman for the stress and expense but ulimatly it was our choice to pull out as I would not have settled in there after all the mud slinging. My point is go with your gut xx
    • PlaysNicely
    • By PlaysNicely 18th Oct 16, 8:47 AM
    • 101 Posts
    • 172 Thanks
    PlaysNicely
    Mornin'
    That's a tough decision MissT, I agree it just adds to the arrogance of his attitude to just turn around with a date but ignore the request for a reduction. Adding the EA attitude and behaviour into the mix I can certainly understand why you'd be inclined towards just walking away and let their bullying backfire on them. I wish you luck, whatever you decide.

    Our query week continues (more queries from our purchaser arrived with our solicitor yesterday) but we received contract to sign for our purchase so friend is witnessing that later for us.

    Additionally, our very final pair of foreign students have just left to travel back home, we won't be having any in the new house as it's too far out of town, so it's all starting to seem real now ... and at last I can start packing and sorting in earnest without worrying about disrupting the house too much because of the students.

    Disrupting the dogs is another thing though ... they are still being a bit odd! A daily walk at around the same time each day seems to help though, it seems like they need something routine to cling to as the house descends into chaos!

    So, aims for this week:

    Forms signed and returned to solicitor by tomorrow (latest).
    Use info from flood report received to tweak insurance quotes and identify chosen insurer.
    Answer rest of queries arising.
    Start Freezer Exchange challenge: No more food shopping now that there are no students to feed ... instead start eating random frozen exhibits from the freezer in effort to empty a freezer drawer a week and see which comes first, exchange or empty freezer!
    List furniture we can't take onto Ebay, Shpock or similar - offer first to family of course though!

    Here's hoping for a Turnaround Tuesday, where everyone's problems and delays get turned around quickly and where those waiting on today as E day get their wish! PN x
    • lee111s
    • By lee111s 18th Oct 16, 9:43 AM
    • 2,463 Posts
    • 1,750 Thanks
    lee111s
    Good luck today everyone, I hope I can pass some of my good fortune onwards!
    Last edited by lee111s; 18-10-2016 at 9:47 AM.
    • lifeofunmumsy
    • By lifeofunmumsy 18th Oct 16, 11:19 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    lifeofunmumsy
    Morning everyone,

    playsnicey - Thank you for the advice, I had an email from our buyers last night asking some basic questions for insurance quotes and I told them who we insure with. Fingers crossed they get that sorted today for exchange today/tomorrow. Still not allowing myself to believe or pack anything until we exchange. I managed to get some sleep last night, Mr Unmumsy however did not!

    lee111s - massive congrats on exchanging, must have been a huge relief for you! good luck for the impending move!

    MissT - you've done so well keeping your nerve, not sure I could have done it myself. You have to ask yourself whether after all the stress and emotions, the house is still worth it? remember, it's YOUR money you're spending and frankly all the bullying behaviour you've had to experience is disgusting. Whatever you decide, it's your decision, no one elses.

    Fingers crossed for a productive Tuesday everyone!
    • Korra
    • By Korra 18th Oct 16, 11:51 AM
    • 59 Posts
    • 65 Thanks
    Korra
    Hi all,

    So I have good news... I have exchanged....

    Completion set for the 27th.
    2016: Hopefully be a FTB
    Complete 27.10.2016
    • ap1985
    • By ap1985 18th Oct 16, 12:13 PM
    • 256 Posts
    • 101 Thanks
    ap1985
    Hi all,

    So I have good news... I have exchanged....

    Completion set for the 27th.
    Originally posted by Korra

    Congratulations Korra.
    Finally going to be a homeowner
    • Korra
    • By Korra 18th Oct 16, 12:56 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 65 Thanks
    Korra
    Congratulations Korra.
    Originally posted by ap1985
    Thanks ap1985.
    2016: Hopefully be a FTB
    Complete 27.10.2016
    • jojo9239
    • By jojo9239 18th Oct 16, 1:25 PM
    • 319 Posts
    • 223 Thanks
    jojo9239
    Can I ask the EA where the vendor is up too? My solicitor has informed me we are all done and ready
    • Korra
    • By Korra 18th Oct 16, 1:30 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 65 Thanks
    Korra
    Can I ask the EA where the vendor is up too? My solicitor has informed me we are all done and ready
    Originally posted by jojo9239
    jojo, yes you can. I used to get calls from the EA saying my solicitors are slow and to give them a push etc. The EA used to call both solicitors, me and the vendor constantly.
    2016: Hopefully be a FTB
    Complete 27.10.2016
    • chickenmama
    • By chickenmama 18th Oct 16, 3:06 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 83 Thanks
    chickenmama
    Can I tentatively rejoin please?

    Our buyer managed to get a mortgage (after pulling out and then reoffering the following week) and their surveyor visited today. He told OH that he would have no problem valuing the house for the amount the buyers have offered

    We have submitted our revised mortgage application for new house after our offer was accepted and as its a builder selling (our sellers are moving into a new build and using it as part ex) they called and said they would like to propose an exchange date of 29th November and a completion date of 16th December - I know its not set in stone yet but certainly feels a lot more hopeful.

    Filled out a lot of paperwork already with the solicitor and paid the money for the searches.
    Just hoping we get the green light now from our mortgage and valuation and then its push push push to exchange!

    Hope its a productive day for everyone, particularly those who are waiting for exchange
    • lcc86
    • By lcc86 18th Oct 16, 3:08 PM
    • 739 Posts
    • 1,174 Thanks
    lcc86
    It looks like we're exchanging today, not heard anything since this morning but my solicitor was on the case.
    1/12/14 total £9,140 Today £233 97.4% paid
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,627Posts Today

7,223Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's not fair or accurate to assign all leave voters (nor remainers) one voice. The vote may have been binary but t? https://t.co/QMqKrfY1jv

  • That's cos the UK voted for Brexit. The choice now unless something radical happens is what type. (Plus twitter o? https://t.co/SLmh2jL4bU

  • Todays twitter poll: The lib dem leader says more people now want soft brexit (ie still in single market etc) than hard - what do you want?

  • Follow Martin