Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mrs Z
    • By Mrs Z 31st Mar 14, 2:28 PM
    • 864Posts
    • 843Thanks
    Mrs Z
    Waiting to exchange - anyone want to join me?
    • #1
    • 31st Mar 14, 2:28 PM
    Waiting to exchange - anyone want to join me? 31st Mar 14 at 2:28 PM
    Well, we have now passed the 'mortgage application' and survey hurdle and searches are all done. As far as I know, our buyers should also have everything in order. We are now waiting for our seller to get to the same point as they found their house a fortnight after accepting the offer from us. It is nerve wrecking... anyone want to join me????!!!
Page 369
    • Bonfire Bride
    • By Bonfire Bride 17th Oct 16, 2:55 PM
    • 697 Posts
    • 908 Thanks
    Bonfire Bride
    Yes, speak with your solicitor and see what they advise. They will have seen chains stalling before and may be able to offer some support. The good thing is, she is genuinely waiting for something (document from hubby) rather than just stalling for the sake of it.
    Mummy to 2 little boys born in 2013 & 2015

    Save 12k in 2017 - #152
    £1,500/£8000

    • kellsm
    • By kellsm 17th Oct 16, 2:57 PM
    • 181 Posts
    • 84 Thanks
    kellsm
    Thank you well we hope that's the case and nobody is pulling the wool over our eyes x
    • Levs01
    • By Levs01 17th Oct 16, 3:00 PM
    • 224 Posts
    • 238 Thanks
    Levs01
    Well I have some news at least. No exchange today. Bottom chain awaiting water search to come back, due in tomorrow. They buyer is sending back signed contracts and transferring deposit for tomorrow. We 'may' get exchange for tomorrow but most likely Wednesday. Unless my vendor asks I'm not saying anything. Not the best news but at least I know where we are at. That is better than limbo.
    Last edited by Levs01; 17-10-2016 at 4:04 PM.
    • mattk_180
    • By mattk_180 17th Oct 16, 3:45 PM
    • 329 Posts
    • 247 Thanks
    mattk_180
    Levs - completely agree. Waiting is bad enough but not knowing what you're waiting for or when it will get here is the killer.


    Hope there's better luck for you all this week. We are getting our keys Friday and I have to say, knowing it's all done but just waiting until the day we can get in is almost as hard as the wait to exchange!! Albeit a much more positive experience.
    • lifeofunmumsy
    • By lifeofunmumsy 17th Oct 16, 4:03 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    lifeofunmumsy
    Thanks for all the well wishes everyone

    Well it's 4pm and no sign of exchange. My solicitor emailed at 1pm saying that the funds had arrived with their solicitor but they were waiting on them to sort their insurance out. I feel like with us being a flood risk, this does mean some insurance companies won't quote, although I have insurance with a normal provider at a normal price, I have this horrible gut feeling this could be the final nail in the coffin as it just took them 2.5 weeks to decide they want to continue with the purchase.

    Sat at work trying not to cry at the thought of yet another sleepless night - anyone got any recommendations on how to sleep, I'm exhausted!! I get to sleep but find myself awake 3am onwards with all of the house stuff just going round and round my head.

    I hope you guys have had a more successful day than we have!!
    • ap1985
    • By ap1985 17th Oct 16, 4:10 PM
    • 323 Posts
    • 128 Thanks
    ap1985
    Thanks for all the well wishes everyone

    Well it's 4pm and no sign of exchange. My solicitor emailed at 1pm saying that the funds had arrived with their solicitor but they were waiting on them to sort their insurance out. I feel like with us being a flood risk, this does mean some insurance companies won't quote, although I have insurance with a normal provider at a normal price, I have this horrible gut feeling this could be the final nail in the coffin as it just took them 2.5 weeks to decide they want to continue with the purchase.

    Sat at work trying not to cry at the thought of yet another sleepless night - anyone got any recommendations on how to sleep, I'm exhausted!! I get to sleep but find myself awake 3am onwards with all of the house stuff just going round and round my head.

    I hope you guys have had a more successful day than we have!!
    Originally posted by lifeofunmumsy

    Oh dear! That's not good! Try herbal tea..may help with the sleeping!
    Finally going to be a homeowner
    • lee111s
    • By lee111s 17th Oct 16, 4:18 PM
    • 2,663 Posts
    • 1,843 Thanks
    lee111s
    Aaaaaaan we've exchanged!

    Work done, pub for a few!
    • Korra
    • By Korra 17th Oct 16, 4:19 PM
    • 64 Posts
    • 74 Thanks
    Korra
    Congratulations....

    Aaaaaaan we've exchanged!

    Work done, pub for a few!
    Originally posted by lee111s
    2016: Hopefully be a FTB Complete 27.10.2016
    • ap1985
    • By ap1985 17th Oct 16, 4:19 PM
    • 323 Posts
    • 128 Thanks
    ap1985
    Aaaaaaan we've exchanged!

    Work done, pub for a few!
    Originally posted by lee111s

    Congratulations
    Finally going to be a homeowner
    • Bonfire Bride
    • By Bonfire Bride 17th Oct 16, 4:24 PM
    • 697 Posts
    • 908 Thanks
    Bonfire Bride
    Thanks for all the well wishes everyone

    Well it's 4pm and no sign of exchange. My solicitor emailed at 1pm saying that the funds had arrived with their solicitor but they were waiting on them to sort their insurance out. I feel like with us being a flood risk, this does mean some insurance companies won't quote, although I have insurance with a normal provider at a normal price, I have this horrible gut feeling this could be the final nail in the coffin as it just took them 2.5 weeks to decide they want to continue with the purchase.

    Sat at work trying not to cry at the thought of yet another sleepless night - anyone got any recommendations on how to sleep, I'm exhausted!! I get to sleep but find myself awake 3am onwards with all of the house stuff just going round and round my head.

    I hope you guys have had a more successful day than we have!!
    Originally posted by lifeofunmumsy


    Sorry it hasnt been a successful day but you still have hope until they say otherwise. Having a lovely long soak in the bath and a read usually helps me nod off. Staying asleep is difficult though...just try and clear your mind or force yourself to think of something else.


    Le11s - congratulations. Have one for me.
    Mummy to 2 little boys born in 2013 & 2015

    Save 12k in 2017 - #152
    £1,500/£8000

    • PlaysNicely
    • By PlaysNicely 17th Oct 16, 4:33 PM
    • 101 Posts
    • 174 Thanks
    PlaysNicely


    Well I have some news at least. No exchange today. Bottom chain awaiting water search to come back, due in tomorrow. They buyer is sending back signed contracts and transferring deposit for tomorrow. We 'may' get exchange for tomorrow but most likely Wednesday. Unless my vendor asks I'm not saying anything. Not the best news but at least I know where we are at. That is better than limbo.
    Originally posted by Levs01
    As you say Levs, not the best news but at least it answers the "is it going to be today?" question, sounds good for later in the week though, best of luck!

    Thanks for all the well wishes everyone

    Well it's 4pm and no sign of exchange. My solicitor emailed at 1pm saying that the funds had arrived with their solicitor but they were waiting on them to sort their insurance out. I feel like with us being a flood risk, this does mean some insurance companies won't quote, although I have insurance with a normal provider at a normal price, I have this horrible gut feeling this could be the final nail in the coffin as it just took them 2.5 weeks to decide they want to continue with the purchase.

    Sat at work trying not to cry at the thought of yet another sleepless night - anyone got any recommendations on how to sleep, I'm exhausted!! I get to sleep but find myself awake 3am onwards with all of the house stuff just going round and round my head.

    I hope you guys have had a more successful day than we have!!
    Originally posted by lifeofunmumsy
    Mumsy, have you let the EA know who you're insured with so they can pass this on as helpful info to your buyers?The one we're buying is a flood risk zone 3 and although it's a probate sale, the vendor, a relative of the deceased, has the same postcode so she's let me know who she insures through and who her relative insured through when he lived in the property. This has really helped us to not have to trawl through the quotation process for insurers who then say, oops, sorry but no! Sorry to have found this late in the day, but might help them organise themselves for tomorrow ...?

    Aaaaaaan we've exchanged!

    Work done, pub for a few!
    Originally posted by lee111s
    So glad for you Lee, yes, definitely have a few! When do you complete?

    Keeping the faith here (well, just about) PN x
    • Korra
    • By Korra 17th Oct 16, 4:34 PM
    • 64 Posts
    • 74 Thanks
    Korra
    No exchange today despite the rush last week from the vendors solicitors to exchange urgently. Everything is good to go but something to do with the sellers purchase meant exchange cannot happen today.

    I will be glad when this is all over. Hoping for tomorrow now.
    2016: Hopefully be a FTB Complete 27.10.2016
    • Bonfire Bride
    • By Bonfire Bride 17th Oct 16, 4:52 PM
    • 697 Posts
    • 908 Thanks
    Bonfire Bride
    Any update MissT? x


    Argh - gutted for you Korra


    At least it is only Monday - plenty of promise left in the week ahead.
    Mummy to 2 little boys born in 2013 & 2015

    Save 12k in 2017 - #152
    £1,500/£8000

    • Levs01
    • By Levs01 17th Oct 16, 5:41 PM
    • 224 Posts
    • 238 Thanks
    Levs01
    Aaaaaaan we've exchanged!

    Work done, pub for a few!
    Originally posted by lee111s
    Woohoo congratulations!!
    • lee111s
    • By lee111s 17th Oct 16, 5:57 PM
    • 2,663 Posts
    • 1,843 Thanks
    lee111s
    Thanks all

    We're buying newbuild so completion is on notice.

    Spoke to the builder today and they're still on track to have the house signed off on November 11th (but naturally they never commit) so we're aiming to complete November 24th but of course that's subject to the house being ready
    • Davo_
    • By Davo_ 17th Oct 16, 7:30 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    Davo_
    Kellsm - Perhaps the solicitors can help as it often happens that the same firm of solicitors handling the divorce/family matters handles the property sale side of things, so they might know a little bit more. Worth some phone calls to see...
    • jojo9239
    • By jojo9239 17th Oct 16, 7:56 PM
    • 320 Posts
    • 226 Thanks
    jojo9239
    Le11s congrats!!!!!!! Have a good few drinks x
    • MissTasmanian
    • By MissTasmanian 17th Oct 16, 8:11 PM
    • 663 Posts
    • 292 Thanks
    MissTasmanian
    Against all expectations the estate agent (although not our solicitor) has got back to us today saying that the vendor has accepted one of our demands! After weeks of him ignoring us we gave him a final ultimatum on Thursday to both decide a firm completion date in November and to reduce the price.

    Well he finally choose a firm date for completion in November and supposedly my solicitor will confirm this tomorrow; however he hasn't agreed to reduce the price. I think I know that I should accept this but it's still one of the hardest decisions of my and my OH'S life.

    I mean perhaps we should be happy? All the stress and worry could finally be over. But accepting this means we also accept that we allowed ourselves to be taken advantage of, bullied, and put through months of worry and stress when our vendor went back on his word.

    To have had an offer accepted in July with the promise and condition of the actual offer itself to say that the vendor wouldn't delay the purchase and confirming he was chain free so to now only have a date for completion in November is infuriating.

    We had the expense and stress of having to find short term, expensive and crappy accommodation whilst he got to stay in his house instead of moving in with his wife. Whilst I'll never know his reason for making our lives so hard I can't help but suspect it was just a petty ploy because he'd wanted more for his house that had sat on the market for two years... My friend claims that on driving past the house she thought it looked empty grrr....

    Also the thought of buying the house so that the estates agents get a cut makes me shudder they've been so horrible, lied repeatedly and attempted to bully us on numerous occasions, and deliberately tried to call me instead of my OH so they could intimidate and scare me.

    I just don't know if I can accept this now and not feel ashamed. The whole process has been brutal and I can't help but think I'd always feel less for giving in after having been bullied in this way.
    • Bonfire Bride
    • By Bonfire Bride 17th Oct 16, 9:57 PM
    • 697 Posts
    • 908 Thanks
    Bonfire Bride
    MissT - you're a stronger lady than I am...2 months into it and I was ready to pull the plug. However, I loved the house we pulled out of and still feel a little sad that it wont be our home. In 6 months time, this whole awful experience will be well and truly behind you.

    Do you still see yourself in the house? And how do you feel when you think of yourself living there?

    They are the main questions, now that you're so close to the finish line. Easier said than done, but try and put the emotion to one side and ask yourself those questions above.

    xx
    Mummy to 2 little boys born in 2013 & 2015

    Save 12k in 2017 - #152
    £1,500/£8000

    • jojo9239
    • By jojo9239 18th Oct 16, 7:44 AM
    • 320 Posts
    • 226 Thanks
    jojo9239
    We had same 5 days before exchange vendors says nahhh not good for me those dates now I was livid !!! She kept moving the dates threatening to withdraw the house if we didn't meet her demands taking ages to respond to anything in the end I fell out of love with the house and we made the tough choice of pulling out 3 months in. We went ahead with our sale and moved to my mums out stuff in storage send cat off to cattery and we have now found an even better house! I will never forgive that woman for the stress and expense but ulimatly it was our choice to pull out as I would not have settled in there after all the mud slinging. My point is go with your gut xx
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,143Posts Today

6,448Users online

Martin's Twitter