Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mrs Z
    • By Mrs Z 31st Mar 14, 2:28 PM
    • 859Posts
    • 841Thanks
    Mrs Z
    Waiting to exchange - anyone want to join me?
    • 31st Mar 14, 2:28 PM
    Waiting to exchange - anyone want to join me? 31st Mar 14 at 2:28 PM
    Well, we have now passed the 'mortgage application' and survey hurdle and searches are all done. As far as I know, our buyers should also have everything in order. We are now waiting for our seller to get to the same point as they found their house a fortnight after accepting the offer from us. It is nerve wrecking... anyone want to join me????!!!
Page 369
    • Levs01
    • By Levs01 17th Oct 16, 1:38 PM
    • 224 Posts
    • 237 Thanks
    Levs01
    I hope everyone gets what they need today. LCC I'm right there with you today. I'm at my wits end as I've no flipping clue what the bottom of the chain is doing. Don't know if they've signed or if they plan too. Apparently they've said 31st completion is good for them but what difference does that make if they haven't signed the damn form. Nothing will happen till then. I'm pulling my hair out as we should be exchanging by today and no one has a clue what's going on. I'm really struggling and am at the point of telling them to shove it and go hibernate for a few months. Even if they say they not ready to sign just let us know what they are doing.
    • jojo9239
    • By jojo9239 17th Oct 16, 1:48 PM
    • 319 Posts
    • 223 Thanks
    jojo9239
    I have done the same! The seller was messing us about, withholding information and being very slow at replying. I am glad that issues came up because it made us stop to think and the flat isn't what we wanted anymore and we can afford a better property..and a freehold! We have a list of properties lined up to view so fingers crossed we will be back on here soon!
    Originally posted by jodiepoke
    We did this it will work out in the end we have found an even better property now
    • lee111s
    • By lee111s 17th Oct 16, 2:09 PM
    • 2,464 Posts
    • 1,750 Thanks
    lee111s
    Buyer's solicitor now has confirmation of gifted deposit is acceptable from the lender.

Passed the onward contract to my solicitor who tells me after all the chasing my house builder have been doing, are now missing a form they require from their end before the contracts can be exchanged. You couldn't make it up

She's still expecting it to be all done and dusted by close of play today.
    • kellsm
    • By kellsm 17th Oct 16, 2:14 PM
    • 181 Posts
    • 84 Thanks
    kellsm
    Hi everyone could use some advice if possible.

We are right at the point of exchange (for the second time, our buyers pulled out in June so it's taken us till now to get back to this point).

We are in a chain of 7 that was meant to exchange almost 2 weeks ago.

We are the second bottom of the chain and have found out that the third top is a divorcing couple who are selling up and the wife is buying her new place with the proceeds of their sale.

The whole chain is ready to go, but the wife won't send her part of the contract back signed until she gets a document from her husband that she has been waiting for. The estate agent said she's committed to buying the house 100% but needs whatever her husband has first so Is basically holding him to ransom.

The solicitors have tried to push but she's backed right off saying she feels pressured (duh). So we are having to give her a weeks "breathing space" so they won't chase her till at least the end of the week.

Then Being a few links up the chain I just want to know if there is anything we can do? Obviously if this drags on ultimatums from our side won't work as we can't threaten to pull out as she's not our seller.

I'm pregnant and we really need to move in the next couple of months. 2 babies and a teenager with us in a 2 bedroom flat does not add up

Any advice would be fab

Thank you! ..
    • Bonfire Bride
    • By Bonfire Bride 17th Oct 16, 2:16 PM
    • 662 Posts
    • 811 Thanks
    Bonfire Bride
    Slinky...thats horrible...especially the money spent. Hope you find your dream home soon. You too Jodie!
    Mummy to 2 little boys born in 2013 & 2015
    House on the market for 19 months ....SOLD! ...complete!
    Natalie
    • Korra
    • By Korra 17th Oct 16, 2:18 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 65 Thanks
    Korra
    lee111s, for a minute there I thought you were my seller as I have just had the confirmation from the lender regarding the gifted deposit.

Fingers crossed for you...

Buyer's solicitor now has confirmation of gifted deposit is acceptable from the lender.

Passed the onward contract to my solicitor who tells me after all the chasing my house builder have been doing, are now missing a form they require from their end before the contracts can be exchanged. You couldn't make it up

She's still expecting it to be all done and dusted by close of play today.
    Originally posted by lee111s
    2016: Hopefully be a FTB
    Complete 27.10.2016
    • lcc86
    • By lcc86 17th Oct 16, 2:19 PM
    • 744 Posts
    • 1,217 Thanks
    lcc86
    I hope everyone gets what they need today. LCC I'm right there with you today. I'm at my wits end as I've no flipping clue what the bottom of the chain is doing. Don't know if they've signed or if they plan too. Apparently they've said 31st completion is good for them but what difference does that make if they haven't signed the damn form. Nothing will happen till then. I'm pulling my hair out as we should be exchanging by today and no one has a clue what's going on. I'm really struggling and am at the point of telling them to shove it and go hibernate for a few months. Even if they say they not ready to sign just let us know what they are doing.
    Originally posted by Levs01
    I am right there with you! Sometimes I feel like telling them I've had enough and the sale is off! Keep getting told a date for exchange and it never happens! At least we have this forum to vent. Seems this is relatively common unfortunately. Cancelled my sofa which was meant to be delivered next week as I no longer trust the whole "we'll exchange by Friday" line...
    1/12/14 total £9,140 Today £233 97.4% paid
    • Bonfire Bride
    • By Bonfire Bride 17th Oct 16, 2:30 PM
    • 662 Posts
    • 811 Thanks
    Bonfire Bride
    Hi everyone could use some advice if possible.

We are right at the point of exchange (for the second time, our buyers pulled out in June so it's taken us till now to get back to this point).

We are in a chain of 7 that was meant to exchange almost 2 weeks ago.

We are the second bottom of the chain and have found out that the third top is a divorcing couple who are selling up and the wife is buying her new place with the proceeds of their sale.

The whole chain is ready to go, but the wife won't send her part of the contract back signed until she gets a document from her husband that she has been waiting for. The estate agent said she's committed to buying the house 100% but needs whatever her husband has first so Is basically holding him to ransom.

The solicitors have tried to push but she's backed right off saying she feels pressured (duh). So we are having to give her a weeks "breathing space" so they won't chase her till at least the end of the week.

Then Being a few links up the chain I just want to know if there is anything we can do? Obviously if this drags on ultimatums from our side won't work as we can't threaten to pull out as she's not our seller.

I'm pregnant and we really need to move in the next couple of months. 2 babies and a teenager with us in a 2 bedroom flat does not add up

Any advice would be fab

Thank you! ..
    Originally posted by kellsm

To be honest, there is not a lot you can do. She has already said that she is feeling pressurised so adding an ultimatum may cause further stress. I would allow the week "breathing space" but get a plan ready.

What does your solicitor say?
    Natalie
    • mattk_180
    • By mattk_180 17th Oct 16, 2:30 PM
    • 262 Posts
    • 212 Thanks
    mattk_180
    kellsm - That sounds like such a horrible situation!

I think they only thing to do is hope she gets her act in order sharpish.

In terms of ultimatums, they only way to do it is give your seller an ultimatum, which means they give an ultimatum to there's etc. etc. until it gets up the chain to her. Would seem very dangerous with a chain like that though.
    • kellsm
    • By kellsm 17th Oct 16, 2:34 PM
    • 181 Posts
    • 84 Thanks
    kellsm
    Thanks guys, we don't really want to give any ultimatum but we need time to find a house we can't stay in this flat once baby comes. We are caught in a horrid situation to be honest.

We haven't spoke to our solicitor about this part this has all come through the agents who have told our solitcitor What's going on so she's holding off until given the go ahead. Should we speak to her about it so you think?

We are literally stuck. If it goes another few weeks we will have to seriously reconsider what we are doing. Will be devastated if this happens to us again
    • Bonfire Bride
    • By Bonfire Bride 17th Oct 16, 2:55 PM
    • 662 Posts
    • 811 Thanks
    Bonfire Bride
    Yes, speak with your solicitor and see what they advise. They will have seen chains stalling before and may be able to offer some support. The good thing is, she is genuinely waiting for something (document from hubby) rather than just stalling for the sake of it.
    Natalie
    • kellsm
    • By kellsm 17th Oct 16, 2:57 PM
    • 181 Posts
    • 84 Thanks
    kellsm
    Thank you well we hope that's the case and nobody is pulling the wool over our eyes x
    • Levs01
    • By Levs01 17th Oct 16, 3:00 PM
    • 224 Posts
    • 237 Thanks
    Levs01
    Well I have some news at least. No exchange today. Bottom chain awaiting water search to come back, due in tomorrow. They buyer is sending back signed contracts and transferring deposit for tomorrow. We 'may' get exchange for tomorrow but most likely Wednesday. Unless my vendor asks I'm not saying anything. Not the best news but at least I know where we are at. That is better than limbo.
    Last edited by Levs01; 17-10-2016 at 4:04 PM.
    • mattk_180
    • By mattk_180 17th Oct 16, 3:45 PM
    • 262 Posts
    • 212 Thanks
    mattk_180
    Levs - completely agree. Waiting is bad enough but not knowing what you're waiting for or when it will get here is the killer.

Hope there's better luck for you all this week. We are getting our keys Friday and I have to say, knowing it's all done but just waiting until the day we can get in is almost as hard as the wait to exchange!! Albeit a much more positive experience.
    • lifeofunmumsy
    • By lifeofunmumsy 17th Oct 16, 4:03 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    lifeofunmumsy
    Thanks for all the well wishes everyone

Well it's 4pm and no sign of exchange. My solicitor emailed at 1pm saying that the funds had arrived with their solicitor but they were waiting on them to sort their insurance out. I feel like with us being a flood risk, this does mean some insurance companies won't quote, although I have insurance with a normal provider at a normal price, I have this horrible gut feeling this could be the final nail in the coffin as it just took them 2.5 weeks to decide they want to continue with the purchase.

Sat at work trying not to cry at the thought of yet another sleepless night - anyone got any recommendations on how to sleep, I'm exhausted!! I get to sleep but find myself awake 3am onwards with all of the house stuff just going round and round my head.

I hope you guys have had a more successful day than we have!!
    • ap1985
    • By ap1985 17th Oct 16, 4:10 PM
    • 260 Posts
    • 102 Thanks
    ap1985

Well it's 4pm and no sign of exchange. My solicitor emailed at 1pm saying that the funds had arrived with their solicitor but they were waiting on them to sort their insurance out. I feel like with us being a flood risk, this does mean some insurance companies won't quote, although I have insurance with a normal provider at a normal price, I have this horrible gut feeling this could be the final nail in the coffin as it just took them 2.5 weeks to decide they want to continue with the purchase.

Sat at work trying not to cry at the thought of yet another sleepless night - anyone got any recommendations on how to sleep, I'm exhausted!! I get to sleep but find myself awake 3am onwards with all of the house stuff just going round and round my head.

Originally posted by lifeofunmumsy

Oh dear! That's not good! Try herbal tea..may help with the sleeping!
    Finally going to be a homeowner
    • lee111s
    • By lee111s 17th Oct 16, 4:18 PM
    • 2,464 Posts
    • 1,750 Thanks
    lee111s
    Aaaaaaan we've exchanged!

Work done, pub for a few!
    • Korra
    • By Korra 17th Oct 16, 4:19 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 65 Thanks
    Korra
    Congratulations....

2016: Hopefully be a FTB
    Complete 27.10.2016
    • ap1985
    • By ap1985 17th Oct 16, 4:19 PM
    • 260 Posts
    • 102 Thanks
    ap1985

Congratulations
    Finally going to be a homeowner
    • Bonfire Bride
    • By Bonfire Bride 17th Oct 16, 4:24 PM
    • 662 Posts
    • 811 Thanks
    Bonfire Bride

Originally posted by lifeofunmumsy

Sorry it hasnt been a successful day but you still have hope until they say otherwise. Having a lovely long soak in the bath and a read usually helps me nod off. Staying asleep is difficult though...just try and clear your mind or force yourself to think of something else.

Le11s - congratulations. Have one for me.
    Natalie
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

272Posts Today

2,299Users online

Martin's Twitter