Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mrs Z
    • By Mrs Z 31st Mar 14, 2:28 PM
    • 859Posts
    • 841Thanks
    Mrs Z
    Waiting to exchange - anyone want to join me?
    • 31st Mar 14, 2:28 PM
    Waiting to exchange - anyone want to join me? 31st Mar 14 at 2:28 PM
    Well, we have now passed the 'mortgage application' and survey hurdle and searches are all done. As far as I know, our buyers should also have everything in order. We are now waiting for our seller to get to the same point as they found their house a fortnight after accepting the offer from us. It is nerve wrecking... anyone want to join me????!!!
Page 368
    • Bonfire Bride
    • By Bonfire Bride 16th Oct 16, 1:18 PM
    • 658 Posts
    • 804 Thanks
    Bonfire Bride
    I've seen a gorgeous new sofa earliest date is 15th December don't know if to bite the bullet and order HATE THIS WAITING surely this one can't fall through !
    Originally posted by jojo9239

It's tricky isn't it? have you got somewhere to store it?

I have almost finished boxing up our entire house...we havn't even exchanged yet. whoops!
    Mummy to 2 little boys born in 2013 & 2015
    House on the market for 19 months ....SOLD! ...complete!
    Natalie
    • thegirlintheattic
    • By thegirlintheattic 16th Oct 16, 3:22 PM
    • 2,703 Posts
    • 3,509 Thanks
    thegirlintheattic
    I've seen a gorgeous new sofa earliest date is 15th December don't know if to bite the bullet and order HATE THIS WAITING surely this one can't fall through !
    Originally posted by jojo9239
    Will it fit in the old house or likely to fit in any new house?

We saw one we love yesterday but are waiting until completion as the new sofa won't fit in most rooms. We have however arranged for the phone, broadband, TV to be moved to new property a week after completion (we can cancel/change date if needed) as otherwise it would likely be a months wait!
    Save £200 a month : Oct Nov Dec Jan Feb Mar Apr
    • ladymarmalade222
    • By ladymarmalade222 16th Oct 16, 4:45 PM
    • 565 Posts
    • 532 Thanks
    ladymarmalade222
    Girlintheattic. Can I ask how you managed with sorting your phone BB and TV as we are wanting to do a new order for sky but they have warned us it could terminate the current owners BB.

We hoped we could order and change the date as needed but sky said it will definitely cause a termination of the current owners BT line.

Don't really want 3 weeks of no services with 2 teenagers

Xx
    • lcc86
    • By lcc86 16th Oct 16, 5:01 PM
    • 739 Posts
    • 1,176 Thanks
    lcc86
    Will it fit in the old house or likely to fit in any new house?

We saw one we love yesterday but are waiting until completion as the new sofa won't fit in most rooms. We have however arranged for the phone, broadband, TV to be moved to new property a week after completion (we can cancel/change date if needed) as otherwise it would likely be a months wait!
    Originally posted by thegirlintheattic
    I ordered my sofa for the end of October, convinced we'd be in... Now not so sure!
    1/12/14 total £9,140 Today £233 97.4% paid
    • jojo9239
    • By jojo9239 16th Oct 16, 6:59 PM
    • 319 Posts
    • 223 Thanks
    jojo9239
    It should do it's a simple 2 and 3 seater. My friend said she would store it for us if we weren't in by end of December x
    • thegirlintheattic
    • By thegirlintheattic 16th Oct 16, 7:24 PM
    • 2,703 Posts
    • 3,509 Thanks
    thegirlintheattic
    Girlintheattic. Can I ask how you managed with sorting your phone BB and TV as we are wanting to do a new order for sky but they have warned us it could terminate the current owners BB.

We hoped we could order and change the date as needed but sky said it will definitely cause a termination of the current owners BT line.

Don't really want 3 weeks of no services with 2 teenagers

Xx
    Originally posted by ladymarmalade222
    Ours is unoccupied and currently without a phone line so no one to cut off. Our is being cut off a week before the install so we'll have a gap without services. Mobile data and work will be heavily used.

A week was the shortest gap we could get - when we started changing dates the wait went up!
    Save £200 a month : Oct Nov Dec Jan Feb Mar Apr
    • lcc86
    • By lcc86 17th Oct 16, 7:45 AM
    • 739 Posts
    • 1,176 Thanks
    lcc86
    Good luck for today everyone! Must admit I'll be really frustrated if we don't have any progress considering how close we supposedly are.
    • PlaysNicely
    • By PlaysNicely 17th Oct 16, 7:54 AM
    • 101 Posts
    • 172 Thanks
    PlaysNicely

A fresh week at it! Ours looks like being dominated by paperwork, queries, insurance quotes and all that kind of malarkey. Will organise my weekly aims a little later as only working part day today.

Very best wishes to those of you hoping to get that exchange done and dusted this week ... and especially to you lovely people who would have exchanged last week if not for absent solicitors, fibbing estate agents and repeated queries with no purpose whatsoever - really rooting for you this week!

BTW totally empathise with the ordering of new furniture situation, am trying to wait until exchange for essentials we'll need (as we're downsizing, lots of our current items just won't fit in) but then we'll probably be stuck into prolonged Christmas delivery dates etc.

Positive vibes all around today ... PN x
    Last edited by PlaysNicely; 17-10-2016 at 7:56 AM. Reason: Stupid predictive whatnot changing my words!
    • ap1985
    • By ap1985 17th Oct 16, 10:24 AM
    • 256 Posts
    • 101 Thanks
    ap1985
    It's tricky isn't it? have you got somewhere to store it?

I have almost finished boxing up our entire house...we havn't even exchanged yet. whoops!
    Originally posted by Bonfire Bride

Haha - you sound like me...I always tend to get ahead of myself from excitement!
    Finally going to be a homeowner
    • lifeofunmumsy
    • By lifeofunmumsy 17th Oct 16, 11:30 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    lifeofunmumsy
    Hi Everyone,

So sorry to see some of you still didn't get your exhange last week - so frustrating!

My situation finally has got a little clearer (I hope!). After 2.5 weeks of my sale essentially being 'on hold', my buyer phoned our EA just before the weekend and said they'd decided to go ahead with the purchase - que lots of tears of relief on my part!

We set a completion date for a week today, the 24th and we're moving to my parents until our new house is ready to complete, as we just don't want to delay anything now.

Thing is, I should feel relieved and happy, but last night I was awake all night terrified that it was all a dream and that our buyers would pull out before exchange.

Currently sat at work a bag of nerves waiting to hear if we exchange today or not. Apparently all it's waiting on is the buyers funds to arrive with their solicitor. Does any one know if there's a particular time to exchange by? we aren't in any kind of chain, it's just my sale that's exchanging to cash buyers. My solicitor goes on holiday tomorrow and she's so amazing I'm dreading what will happen if it doesn't exchange today - last time she went on holiday we heard nothing from her locum.

argh, sat here just hoping and praying we exchange today.

Good luck to all who are waiting for some news today!!
    • Bonfire Bride
    • By Bonfire Bride 17th Oct 16, 11:50 AM
    • 658 Posts
    • 804 Thanks
    Bonfire Bride
    unmumsy - Good Luck! I'm not sure about time scales on exchange, but usually the deposit is transferred so it may be around 3:30pm for some solicitors. I have everything crossed for you.

ICx86 - hoping to hear it has all gone to plan today.

I've started bossing hubby around now...have told him he needs to sort out garden shed, clear loft and take our dining table to my friends (she's having it).

Solicitor emailed to say she is pushing for a completion date (no mention of eXchange) and wants me to keep her updated with the EA complaint.

Fees of 250.0 have been paid (again) for conveyancing on new property.
    Last edited by Bonfire Bride; 17-10-2016 at 11:55 AM.
    Mummy to 2 little boys born in 2013 & 2015
    House on the market for 19 months ....SOLD! ...complete!
    Natalie
    • ap1985
    • By ap1985 17th Oct 16, 11:50 AM
    • 256 Posts
    • 101 Thanks
    ap1985
    Hi Everyone,

So sorry to see some of you still didn't get your exhange last week - so frustrating!

My situation finally has got a little clearer (I hope!). After 2.5 weeks of my sale essentially being 'on hold', my buyer phoned our EA just before the weekend and said they'd decided to go ahead with the purchase - que lots of tears of relief on my part!

We set a completion date for a week today, the 24th and we're moving to my parents until our new house is ready to complete, as we just don't want to delay anything now.

Thing is, I should feel relieved and happy, but last night I was awake all night terrified that it was all a dream and that our buyers would pull out before exchange.

Currently sat at work a bag of nerves waiting to hear if we exchange today or not. Apparently all it's waiting on is the buyers funds to arrive with their solicitor. Does any one know if there's a particular time to exchange by? we aren't in any kind of chain, it's just my sale that's exchanging to cash buyers. My solicitor goes on holiday tomorrow and she's so amazing I'm dreading what will happen if it doesn't exchange today - last time she went on holiday we heard nothing from her locum.

Originally posted by lifeofunmumsy

Good luck to you and I pray that exchange happens for you today.

I don't think there is a specific time period for exchange to occur as ours happened at 5pm on a Friday lol
    Finally going to be a homeowner
    • lcc86
    • By lcc86 17th Oct 16, 11:55 AM
    • 739 Posts
    • 1,176 Thanks
    lcc86
    Glad to hear you've had some good news lifeofunmumsy! Sorry not got a clue about exchange time, I think someone on here mentioned 3.30pm as being the latest? But could be wrong.

I don't have a clue when we're going to exchange now, spoke to my EA today and my buyer said she's really keen to exchange but won't do it until her solicitor says it's okay to do so. Even though the solicitors are asking the same questions over and over again. Seems no one in this chain can see sense... My EA has sent an email to the solicitor saying they're jeopardising the entire chain and need to sort themselves out! But I hold out very little hope, seems they will only be ready in their own time and nothing will push them any quicker!
    • jojo9239
    • By jojo9239 17th Oct 16, 12:05 PM
    • 319 Posts
    • 223 Thanks
    jojo9239
    My solictor shuts at 4 on Fridays so they advise 3:30

God I hate this waiting 5 weeks and counting! Good luck everyone
    • abbey516
    • By abbey516 17th Oct 16, 12:23 PM
    • 89 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    abbey516
    We exchanged at 4.30 but it was touch and go so think they can exchange up to time they close .We have arranged for our phone and tv broadband for day after move.House is empty no phone ect .Know how you feel when you say your solicitor is going on holiday that's what happened to us which nearly cost us to loose our exchange as the one taking over only worked till 3. o'clock. Sat in living room while our removal company box everything up just managed to save my husbands shoes from being packed!! Where will it all fit in new house as were downsizing !!!!!! Have to live like this for 2 more days till we move but after the nightmare we went through this is just a minor thing
    • abbey516
    • By abbey516 17th Oct 16, 12:30 PM
    • 89 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    abbey516
    Hi Everyone,

Originally posted by lifeofunmumsy
    Glad your situation has got better lets hope it happens today for you know the feeling of just waiting for that phone call. If some one else is taking over keep phoning them to not let it just sit on their desk .
    • Catriona_P
    • By Catriona_P 17th Oct 16, 12:32 PM
    • 814 Posts
    • 4,627 Thanks
    Catriona_P
    Can I join in please? My current situation is this - have been renting for the last year following divorce and found the 'perfect' new start house for me and my little one in September. No chain either on my end or the seller's end so 'should' be a straightforward sale. The sellers are keen to complete the first week of December if not before which suits me as we can be in before Christmas!

We had a few hiccups following the survey (the surveyor said the house was overpriced but the seller agreed to drop the price) but this endless waiting for responses is frustrating to say the least. I know my solicitors well on a personal level so think the hold-ups are on the end of the sellers solicitors.

The content/fittings form finally arrived early last week but some of it seems to be incorrectly filled so I have gone back with questions. I've asked to send in an electrician and a gas engineer to look in more detail (as recommended by the survey) and havn't heard back about that after nearly 3 weeks. A bit frustrating really.

In the meantime I want to start looking at removal companies (impatient me!) and am thinking about when to notify my letting agents that we're moving but don't want to be jumping the gun too soon!
    "Why, this is hell, nor am I out of it."
    LBM Debt March 12 - £3,241 Paid Aug 2014!
    Debt 2 - 0% CC (till Oct 17) - £2,021.22
    • Korra
    • By Korra 17th Oct 16, 12:39 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 65 Thanks
    Korra
    Hello all,

The waiting game starts again. I have had a call from the estate agent this morning saying that the seller needs to complete by the 27th otherwise her seller will withdraw from the sale. Don't understand why someone would withdraw so close to the end and have to start the whole process again. I have emailed my solicitors and told them to do what they think is best as 27/28th doesn't make a difference for me.

The solicitors have said they are going to hear back from the mortgage lender by close of business today so exchange should be today/tomorrow depending on when they get the go ahead.

Keeping busy at work is definitely helping today.

Good luck to all waiting for exchange and hopefully the rest have some progression.
    2016: Hopefully be a FTB
    Complete 27.10.2016
    • Slinky
    • By Slinky 17th Oct 16, 12:41 PM
    • 3,809 Posts
    • 13,797 Thanks
    Slinky
    Well I'm back off to the looking for a house to buy thread. We pulled out this morning having decided even if the vendor would change his mind and include the side path in the sale, we didn't want to live next door to him anyway.

8 weeks and nearly £1K wasted. The really annoying thing is another property we would have been interested in along the street has come up for sale and been sold in that time, it's with the same agent, so I've expressed very strong interest in it when explaining to the agent this morning our reasons for not progressing. If something goes wrong there he'll let us know. TBF he didn't know about the vendor's tricks with this path and could see why we didn't want to continue.
    • jodiepoke
    • By jodiepoke 17th Oct 16, 1:28 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    jodiepoke
    Well I'm back off to the looking for a house to buy thread. We pulled out this morning having decided even if the vendor would change his mind and include the side path in the sale, we didn't want to live next door to him anyway.
    Originally posted by Slinky
    I have done the same! The seller was messing us about, withholding information and being very slow at replying. I am glad that issues came up because it made us stop to think and the flat isn't what we wanted anymore and we can afford a better property..and a freehold! We have a list of properties lined up to view so fingers crossed we will be back on here soon!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

412Posts Today

2,652Users online

Martin's Twitter