Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mrs Z
    • By Mrs Z 31st Mar 14, 2:28 PM
    • 859Posts
    • 841Thanks
    Mrs Z
    Waiting to exchange - anyone want to join me?
    • 31st Mar 14, 2:28 PM
    Waiting to exchange - anyone want to join me? 31st Mar 14 at 2:28 PM
    Well, we have now passed the 'mortgage application' and survey hurdle and searches are all done. As far as I know, our buyers should also have everything in order. We are now waiting for our seller to get to the same point as they found their house a fortnight after accepting the offer from us. It is nerve wrecking... anyone want to join me????!!!
Page 366
    • Slinky
    • By Slinky 14th Oct 16, 10:14 AM
    • 3,814 Posts
    • 13,845 Thanks
    Slinky
    Good Luck Korra!

Slinky - keep very watchful eye on rightmove. We offered on house number 1 and it was rejected...they advised they needed much closer to asking.

decided to go with house number 2. House number 1 was also sold.

We pulled out of house number 2 as I dont think the vendors had any intention of selling.

The day we pulled out for house 2, house 1 came back on the market and it sold again in less than 12 hours They didnt even have chance to take the sold sign down

It may still come back on the market. Call the EA and let them know that if the sale falls through, you would like to view immediately.
    Originally posted by Bonfire Bride
    Sods law, it's with the same agency we're buying through.

Sorry to hear your purchase has gone bad after all the wait you've had to sell your own.
    • Korra
    • By Korra 14th Oct 16, 10:23 AM
    • 59 Posts
    • 65 Thanks
    Korra
    Congratulations ap1985

When is the house build meant to complete?

Good luck with the exchange Kora.

My husband and I have finally exchanged after all the issues in-between Now just got to sit and wait for our house to be built lol..

Good luck to every else going through or waiting for exchange....
    Originally posted by ap1985
    2016: Hopefully be a FTB
    Complete 27.10.2016
    • Bonfire Bride
    • By Bonfire Bride 14th Oct 16, 10:29 AM
    • 664 Posts
    • 817 Thanks
    Bonfire Bride
    Playsnicely - we are the same. Our house price reflects the fact that they will need a new boiler in the near future but I still wanted it service to be able to provide them with certificate.

Its costing us £215 and they are coming to replace parts next week. Would hate the thought of them moving into a house with no heating.

So I dropped off signed deed transfer form and other further info yesterday...just waiting for the buyers to sign and we will be ready to exchange. I'm hoping we can ask for completion around 4weeks after.. the vendors of our new house are moving into their new build at the end of november so we may be able to move straight in rather than living with mum and putting stuff into storage.

Hoping for a fruitful friday and not a frustrating one for us all.
    Mummy to 2 little boys born in 2013 & 2015
    House on the market for 19 months ....SOLD! ...complete!
    Natalie
    • lewishardwick
    • By lewishardwick 14th Oct 16, 10:34 AM
    • 353 Posts
    • 346 Thanks
    lewishardwick
    No major update today.

My solicitor has had some of their outstanding queries answered, some still to chase. I have been busying myself with the vendor discussing running costs etc so I have a clue of how much I'll be outlaying.

Will hopefully find out today what the next stage of the possession process is. I do really feel sorry for they, they were looking forward to being in a house with the baby so they have more room and a garden to enjoy. It will happen. It'll just take a little longer than expected!

I think my best use of energy is to tie off all the lose ends so when the onward purchase is ready, we can just sign and exchange/complete.

Best of luck to everyone for good news come 5pm today!
    • Korra
    • By Korra 14th Oct 16, 10:39 AM
    • 59 Posts
    • 65 Thanks
    Korra
    Good luck Bonfire...

Playsnicely - we are the same. Our house price reflects the fact that they will need a new boiler in the near future but I still wanted it service to be able to provide them with certificate.

Its costing us £215 and they are coming to replace parts next week. Would hate the thought of them moving into a house with no heating.

So I dropped off signed deed transfer form and other further info yesterday...just waiting for the buyers to sign and we will be ready to exchange. I'm hoping we can ask for completion around 4weeks after.. the vendors of our new house are moving into their new build at the end of november so we may be able to move straight in rather than living with mum and putting stuff into storage.

Hoping for a fruitful friday and not a frustrating one for us all.
    Originally posted by Bonfire Bride
    Complete 27.10.2016
    • colloq
    • By colloq 14th Oct 16, 10:40 AM
    • 131 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    colloq
    We are due to complete today but the tracking shows that the Funds haven't even been released yet...

Really panicking, or is this just normal practice and they'll electronic transfer it over at like 12?
    • ap1985
    • By ap1985 14th Oct 16, 10:45 AM
    • 265 Posts
    • 104 Thanks
    ap1985
    Congratulations ap1985

When is the house build meant to complete?
    Originally posted by Korra

Thank you Korra. At the moment we have been given a date of 28th February. Really hope there are no delays in the build
    Finally going to be a homeowner
    • lee111s
    • By lee111s 14th Oct 16, 12:16 PM
    • 2,466 Posts
    • 1,751 Thanks
    lee111s
    We are due to complete today but the tracking shows that the Funds haven't even been released yet...

Really panicking, or is this just normal practice and they'll electronic transfer it over at like 12?
    Originally posted by colloq

Call the solicitor and ask.
    • ap1985
    • By ap1985 14th Oct 16, 12:19 PM
    • 265 Posts
    • 104 Thanks
    ap1985

Originally posted by colloq

Any further news? Hope it is all resolved!
    • lcc86
    • By lcc86 14th Oct 16, 1:24 PM
    • 745 Posts
    • 1,227 Thanks
    lcc86
    Well we won't be exchanging today, yet another backwards step instead.

There were two queries which held us up for a few weeks, but earlier this week the buyer's solicitor said they were happy and would be signing off ready for exchange. Today they've done a complete u turn, despite my buyer herself being happy, and said they need more info. I'm FUMING We've already given as much info as we can!!

One query relates to access - the council are proposing to develop some land near my house and they want confirmation access will remain. The right to access is detailed in the freehold title, and we've also given a copy of the council's plans (which aren't even decided yet!) and this still isn't good enough. The buyer has told them she's happy with it as she's local, what more do they want?!

The second query relates to the service charge. It's billed six-monthly in arrears and we agreed I would pay my proportion from July until whenever we move. Now they're asking why I haven't paid until January 2017 and they won't exchange until I pay!! How many times can you explain it's billed in arrears?!?!?!

Sorry for the rant, we've been stuck on these queries for WEEKS and myself and my solicitor have done everything we possibly can to answer and still they don't get it. I feel like this -

I've emailed my EA and told them the buyer needs to speak to her solicitor and sort this mess out or we'll be pulling out. It's somewhat of an empty threat I suppose because realistically we can't pull out now that we're so close, but this solicitor is so incredibly incompetent I genuinely don't know what else to do! I've been cleaning the house from top to bottom and was packing more stuff today as I'm off work and now I feel completely deflated.
    1/12/14 total £9,140 Today £233 97.4% paid
    • Korra
    • By Korra 14th Oct 16, 2:59 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 65 Thanks
    Korra
    I might not be exchanging today as the lender hasn't come back to the solicitors yet. I don't know how people do all the waiting for exchange to happen. I have been unproductive at work, lack of sleep is not helping and to know I have to get through the weekend without exchange happening.

Complete 27.10.2016
    • lee111s
    • By lee111s 14th Oct 16, 3:07 PM
    • 2,466 Posts
    • 1,751 Thanks
    lee111s
    I might not be exchanging today as the lender hasn't come back to the solicitors yet. I don't know how people do all the waiting for exchange to happen. I have been unproductive at work, lack of sleep is not helping and to know I have to get through the weekend without exchange happening.

We're also waiting on our buyers lender coming back. Not heard a peep so looking like another weekend without exchange.
    • Korra
    • By Korra 14th Oct 16, 3:10 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 65 Thanks
    Korra
    Fingers crossed for you and me.

We're also waiting on our buyers lender coming back. Not heard a peep so looking like another weekend without exchange.
    Originally posted by lee111s
    Complete 27.10.2016
    • ap1985
    • By ap1985 14th Oct 16, 3:18 PM
    • 265 Posts
    • 104 Thanks
    ap1985

I was the same....Couldn't get any work done with all the stress! But stay positive and try to keep your mind occupied! It will happen soon
    • Korra
    • By Korra 14th Oct 16, 3:21 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 65 Thanks
    Korra
    I was the same....Couldn't get any work done with all the stress! But stay positive and try to keep your mind occupied! It will happen soon
    Originally posted by ap1985
    Thanks ap1985. I have put my music on and got one earphone in my ear and trying to get work done.
    Complete 27.10.2016
    • MissTasmanian
    • By MissTasmanian 14th Oct 16, 3:43 PM
    • 607 Posts
    • 257 Thanks
    MissTasmanian
    Another sleepless night and another day in which the vendor hasn't replied to our solicitor or the estate agent. The last 12 weeks have been a complete waste of time and money.
    • lcc86
    • By lcc86 14th Oct 16, 3:45 PM
    • 745 Posts
    • 1,227 Thanks
    lcc86
    Another sleepless night and another day in which the vendor hasn't replied to our solicitor or the estate agent. The last 12 weeks have been a complete waste of time and money.
    Originally posted by MissTasmanian
    Sorry to hear that MissT, some people just have no regard for anyone else's feelings or lives. Hope you can resolve it.
    1/12/14 total £9,140 Today £233 97.4% paid
    • MissTasmanian
    • By MissTasmanian 14th Oct 16, 3:51 PM
    • 607 Posts
    • 257 Thanks
    MissTasmanian
    Sorry to hear that MissT, some people just have no regard for anyone else's feelings or lives. Hope you can resolve it.
    Originally posted by lcc86
    Thank you so much and I am was so sad to read about your troubles

I really, really hope your buyer wises up. Maybe someone's scared them into thinking they need all this unnecessary info?
    • Korra
    • By Korra 14th Oct 16, 3:56 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 65 Thanks
    Korra
    Originally posted by MissTasmanian
    Sorry to hear about all the issues you've had. I can't believe someone can completely ignore the estate agent and solicitors. Have you started looking at other properties?
    Complete 27.10.2016
    • PlaysNicely
    • By PlaysNicely 14th Oct 16, 4:09 PM
    • 101 Posts
    • 172 Thanks
    PlaysNicely

Congrats app1985 on your exchange, here's to a smooth move for you!

Lee, Lcc and Korra, really sorry that it's delay after delay for you guys, the frustration is just awful, I'm sorry the week isn't ending on a high note, you really don't deserve another weekend of waiting.

I've received solicitor paperwork and survey today, so lots to go through with husband later. A couple of immediate issues arising, just to add to the general ponderment (and expense, probably)!

One of the issues I've already sorted out is the fact that the survey report arrived ... complete with the wrong property address on it! Thankfully I was able to get hold of the surveyor's office quickly and have the right one now!

Fingers crossed for some last-minute exchanges as Friday comes to a close, PN x
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,911Posts Today

6,223Users online

Martin's Twitter