Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mrs Z
    • By Mrs Z 31st Mar 14, 2:28 PM
    • 864Posts
    • 843Thanks
    Mrs Z
    Waiting to exchange - anyone want to join me?
    • #1
    • 31st Mar 14, 2:28 PM
    Waiting to exchange - anyone want to join me? 31st Mar 14 at 2:28 PM
    Well, we have now passed the 'mortgage application' and survey hurdle and searches are all done. As far as I know, our buyers should also have everything in order. We are now waiting for our seller to get to the same point as they found their house a fortnight after accepting the offer from us. It is nerve wrecking... anyone want to join me????!!!
Page 365
    • PlaysNicely
    • By PlaysNicely 14th Oct 16, 8:13 AM
    • 101 Posts
    • 174 Thanks
    PlaysNicely


    Update on mine - or no update really. Just waiting for one thing from my freeholder then we're good to go. If that comes back today we could exchange tomorrow. If not it's likely to be next week. Hope some others receive positive news today!
    Originally posted by lcc86
    Did the thing they wanted come back Lcc? Here's hoping that things happen very soon for you
    !
    I

    Our problem is that any sniff of a delay and I think our upperchain will jump on it to stay put longer. They're in no rush to move at all so I do t want to give them any ammo.
    Originally posted by Levs01
    I understand your disquiet and frustration there Levs, the buying /selling malarkey is stressful enough, if you haven't got confidence in the chain either, that adds a whole other layer of stress and uncertainty. Hope a sensible solicitor pulls everyone in line. Fingers crossed for you.

    Looking like today isn't going to be the day
    Originally posted by lee111s
    Lee... maybe today? Positive vibes to you.

    Slinky, hi ... hmmm I agree that I wouldn't fancy ending up living next door to your vendor, sounds like a nightmare already, let alone getting him as a neighbour. Is your solicitor all over the legal aspects of what he's trying to pull with his 'rights' to this path?

    PN x
    • Slinky
    • By Slinky 14th Oct 16, 8:20 AM
    • 4,158 Posts
    • 16,765 Thanks
    Slinky
    I think we've more or less decided ours is a non-starter now.

    The really annoying thing is, there's another property in the same street we would have been interested in that's sold in the past couple of days that would not have had these issues. There's one other that's still up for sale but the vendors have made some mad alterations which have left a 'study' that's about 4ft 3inches wide, so that's a non-starter. It's very unusual for anything to come up for sale in this street at all.
    • Slinky
    • By Slinky 14th Oct 16, 8:24 AM
    • 4,158 Posts
    • 16,765 Thanks
    Slinky

    Slinky, hi ... hmmm I agree that I wouldn't fancy ending up living next door to your vendor, sounds like a nightmare already, let alone getting him as a neighbour. Is your solicitor all over the legal aspects of what he's trying to pull with his 'rights' to this path?

    PN x
    Originally posted by PlaysNicely
    The paperwork yesterday with this deed of easement was the first we knew of it. I was expecting the delay in our solicitors receiving the title documents was due to it having to be redrawn to include this land. I only opened the envelope at 4pm so haven't been back to the solicitors yet. Will be sending a very pertinent question to the EA to be relayed to the vendor this morning.
    • PlaysNicely
    • By PlaysNicely 14th Oct 16, 8:29 AM
    • 101 Posts
    • 174 Thanks
    PlaysNicely

    Ours might be falling through The homebuyers report valued the property at £110,000. THe vendor wanted £120,000 and we got an offer accepted at £116,000. We dont have the saving to just 'meet in the middle' No mortgage = no house
    Originally posted by ultimatedingbat
    Ultimate, as BrassicWoman says, feed back what your lender says, via solicitor / EA then sit tight ... you've shown your commitment and paid out the expenses so far, it's now the vendors turn to do what's necessary. A downvaluation is always a risk you take as a seller, with luck they may already have considered that this may happen. Fingers crossed for a positive outcome for you.

    So, last day of the week and progress so far:

    Still nowt from solicitor or surveyor (several mails from surveyor promising phone calls and report, but none received). Will chase all again today.
    Got boiler serviced yesterday, for our own comfort, to get up to date certificate and to ensure that all in good working order for purchasers (who are older and don't realise that this is a bit of a cold house). However, turns out an additional valve plumbing type repair to the tune of £200 is needed, so they'll be back next week to do that. Hubby's a bit grumpy about this generally and with me specifically as he thinks I should have left it all alone, but thats not how my good conscience works!

    He also doesn't understand the paperwork aspects required and that when you say on the cheeky (but ever so slightly legal) form that a system is in good working order ... etc! I tried to say that this is the point of a service and that we're lucky, that it could've been worse (more expensive, say a new boiler needed etc) but he thinks this was a case of "if it ain't broke ...."!

    Hope everyone has a positive Forward-Step Friday. PN x
    Last edited by PlaysNicely; 14-10-2016 at 8:34 AM.
    • Korra
    • By Korra 14th Oct 16, 9:29 AM
    • 64 Posts
    • 74 Thanks
    Korra
    Could today be the day exchange happens?


    So I should be exchanging today with completion on the 28th. I viewed the property yesterday as the last time I saw it was at the end of May. Funds for the deposit were transferred yesterday also. The last I know is that the solicitors were waiting for Nationwide who my mortgage offer is with to confirm that they are happy for exchange to happen.

    I am waiting for my solicitors to confirm it is happening today so I can get buildings insurance sorted.

    I have had a sleepless night in anticipation for exchange to happen today.

    Good luck to everyone else.
    2016: Hopefully be a FTB Complete 27.10.2016
    • ap1985
    • By ap1985 14th Oct 16, 9:48 AM
    • 323 Posts
    • 128 Thanks
    ap1985
    Good luck with the exchange Kora.


    My husband and I have finally exchanged after all the issues in-between Now just got to sit and wait for our house to be built lol..

    Good luck to every else going through or waiting for exchange....
    Finally going to be a homeowner
    • Bonfire Bride
    • By Bonfire Bride 14th Oct 16, 9:48 AM
    • 697 Posts
    • 908 Thanks
    Bonfire Bride
    Good Luck Korra!



    Slinky - keep very watchful eye on rightmove. We offered on house number 1 and it was rejected...they advised they needed much closer to asking.


    decided to go with house number 2. House number 1 was also sold.


    We pulled out of house number 2 as I dont think the vendors had any intention of selling.


    The day we pulled out for house 2, house 1 came back on the market and it sold again in less than 12 hours They didnt even have chance to take the sold sign down


    It may still come back on the market. Call the EA and let them know that if the sale falls through, you would like to view immediately.
    Mummy to 2 little boys born in 2013 & 2015

    Save 12k in 2017 - #152
    £1,500/£8000

    • Bonfire Bride
    • By Bonfire Bride 14th Oct 16, 9:49 AM
    • 697 Posts
    • 908 Thanks
    Bonfire Bride
    Good luck with the exchange Kora.


    My husband and I have finally exchanged after all the issues in-between Now just got to sit and wait for our house to be built lol..

    Good luck to every else going through or waiting for exchange....
    Originally posted by ap1985
    Brilliant news! Congrats!
    Mummy to 2 little boys born in 2013 & 2015

    Save 12k in 2017 - #152
    £1,500/£8000

    • lee111s
    • By lee111s 14th Oct 16, 9:52 AM
    • 2,663 Posts
    • 1,843 Thanks
    lee111s





    Lee... maybe today? Positive vibes to you.

    PN x
    Originally posted by PlaysNicely
    Hopefully! I've asked my buyer to chase with their lender for approval of the gifted deposit.
    • lcc86
    • By lcc86 14th Oct 16, 10:08 AM
    • 817 Posts
    • 1,482 Thanks
    lcc86




    Did the thing they wanted come back Lcc? Here's hoping that things happen very soon for you
    !


    PN x
    Originally posted by PlaysNicely
    Hi PN, all they keep asking for is proof I've paid the service charge. The freeholder has filled out the form to say I have, yet they keep asking for accounts regardless, even though they've got copies of all the bills since the day I bought the place 4 years ago! I've even offered to send bank statements to show I've definitely paid. My solicitor contacted them again yesterday to effectively say what more could you want, all parties have said all bills have been paid, but no reply. That's all we're waiting for to be able to exchange. It's SO frustrating. My own solicitor has been great but my buyer's solicitor is worse than useless. Avoid dealing with anyone from Ezie conveyancing is all I'll say... Anyway long story short I don't think we'll be exchanging today. Hope others have more positive news!!
    1/12/14 total £9,140 DFD 30/01/17

    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5124473 - my DFD

    2017 365 day challenge £85.88 saved
    • Slinky
    • By Slinky 14th Oct 16, 10:14 AM
    • 4,158 Posts
    • 16,765 Thanks
    Slinky
    Good Luck Korra!



    Slinky - keep very watchful eye on rightmove. We offered on house number 1 and it was rejected...they advised they needed much closer to asking.


    decided to go with house number 2. House number 1 was also sold.


    We pulled out of house number 2 as I dont think the vendors had any intention of selling.


    The day we pulled out for house 2, house 1 came back on the market and it sold again in less than 12 hours They didnt even have chance to take the sold sign down


    It may still come back on the market. Call the EA and let them know that if the sale falls through, you would like to view immediately.
    Originally posted by Bonfire Bride
    Sods law, it's with the same agency we're buying through.

    Sorry to hear your purchase has gone bad after all the wait you've had to sell your own.
    • Korra
    • By Korra 14th Oct 16, 10:23 AM
    • 64 Posts
    • 74 Thanks
    Korra
    Congratulations ap1985

    When is the house build meant to complete?

    Good luck with the exchange Kora.


    My husband and I have finally exchanged after all the issues in-between Now just got to sit and wait for our house to be built lol..

    Good luck to every else going through or waiting for exchange....
    Originally posted by ap1985
    2016: Hopefully be a FTB Complete 27.10.2016
    • Bonfire Bride
    • By Bonfire Bride 14th Oct 16, 10:29 AM
    • 697 Posts
    • 908 Thanks
    Bonfire Bride
    Playsnicely - we are the same. Our house price reflects the fact that they will need a new boiler in the near future but I still wanted it service to be able to provide them with certificate.


    Its costing us £215 and they are coming to replace parts next week. Would hate the thought of them moving into a house with no heating.


    So I dropped off signed deed transfer form and other further info yesterday...just waiting for the buyers to sign and we will be ready to exchange. I'm hoping we can ask for completion around 4weeks after.. the vendors of our new house are moving into their new build at the end of november so we may be able to move straight in rather than living with mum and putting stuff into storage.


    Hoping for a fruitful friday and not a frustrating one for us all.
    Mummy to 2 little boys born in 2013 & 2015

    Save 12k in 2017 - #152
    £1,500/£8000

    • lewishardwick
    • By lewishardwick 14th Oct 16, 10:34 AM
    • 420 Posts
    • 459 Thanks
    lewishardwick
    No major update today.

    My solicitor has had some of their outstanding queries answered, some still to chase. I have been busying myself with the vendor discussing running costs etc so I have a clue of how much I'll be outlaying.

    Will hopefully find out today what the next stage of the possession process is. I do really feel sorry for they, they were looking forward to being in a house with the baby so they have more room and a garden to enjoy. It will happen. It'll just take a little longer than expected!

    I think my best use of energy is to tie off all the lose ends so when the onward purchase is ready, we can just sign and exchange/complete.

    Best of luck to everyone for good news come 5pm today!
    • Korra
    • By Korra 14th Oct 16, 10:39 AM
    • 64 Posts
    • 74 Thanks
    Korra
    Good luck Bonfire...

    Playsnicely - we are the same. Our house price reflects the fact that they will need a new boiler in the near future but I still wanted it service to be able to provide them with certificate.


    Its costing us £215 and they are coming to replace parts next week. Would hate the thought of them moving into a house with no heating.


    So I dropped off signed deed transfer form and other further info yesterday...just waiting for the buyers to sign and we will be ready to exchange. I'm hoping we can ask for completion around 4weeks after.. the vendors of our new house are moving into their new build at the end of november so we may be able to move straight in rather than living with mum and putting stuff into storage.


    Hoping for a fruitful friday and not a frustrating one for us all.
    Originally posted by Bonfire Bride
    2016: Hopefully be a FTB Complete 27.10.2016
    • colloq
    • By colloq 14th Oct 16, 10:40 AM
    • 131 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    colloq
    We are due to complete today but the tracking shows that the Funds haven't even been released yet...

    Really panicking, or is this just normal practice and they'll electronic transfer it over at like 12?
    • ap1985
    • By ap1985 14th Oct 16, 10:45 AM
    • 323 Posts
    • 128 Thanks
    ap1985
    Congratulations ap1985

    When is the house build meant to complete?
    Originally posted by Korra

    Thank you Korra. At the moment we have been given a date of 28th February. Really hope there are no delays in the build
    Finally going to be a homeowner
    • lee111s
    • By lee111s 14th Oct 16, 12:16 PM
    • 2,663 Posts
    • 1,843 Thanks
    lee111s
    We are due to complete today but the tracking shows that the Funds haven't even been released yet...

    Really panicking, or is this just normal practice and they'll electronic transfer it over at like 12?
    Originally posted by colloq


    Call the solicitor and ask.
    • ap1985
    • By ap1985 14th Oct 16, 12:19 PM
    • 323 Posts
    • 128 Thanks
    ap1985
    We are due to complete today but the tracking shows that the Funds haven't even been released yet...

    Really panicking, or is this just normal practice and they'll electronic transfer it over at like 12?
    Originally posted by colloq

    Any further news? Hope it is all resolved!
    Finally going to be a homeowner
    • lcc86
    • By lcc86 14th Oct 16, 1:24 PM
    • 817 Posts
    • 1,482 Thanks
    lcc86
    Well we won't be exchanging today, yet another backwards step instead.

    There were two queries which held us up for a few weeks, but earlier this week the buyer's solicitor said they were happy and would be signing off ready for exchange. Today they've done a complete u turn, despite my buyer herself being happy, and said they need more info. I'm FUMING We've already given as much info as we can!!

    One query relates to access - the council are proposing to develop some land near my house and they want confirmation access will remain. The right to access is detailed in the freehold title, and we've also given a copy of the council's plans (which aren't even decided yet!) and this still isn't good enough. The buyer has told them she's happy with it as she's local, what more do they want?!

    The second query relates to the service charge. It's billed six-monthly in arrears and we agreed I would pay my proportion from July until whenever we move. Now they're asking why I haven't paid until January 2017 and they won't exchange until I pay!! How many times can you explain it's billed in arrears?!?!?!

    Sorry for the rant, we've been stuck on these queries for WEEKS and myself and my solicitor have done everything we possibly can to answer and still they don't get it. I feel like this -

    I've emailed my EA and told them the buyer needs to speak to her solicitor and sort this mess out or we'll be pulling out. It's somewhat of an empty threat I suppose because realistically we can't pull out now that we're so close, but this solicitor is so incredibly incompetent I genuinely don't know what else to do! I've been cleaning the house from top to bottom and was packing more stuff today as I'm off work and now I feel completely deflated.
    1/12/14 total £9,140 DFD 30/01/17

    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5124473 - my DFD

    2017 365 day challenge £85.88 saved
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,123Posts Today

6,474Users online

Martin's Twitter