Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mrs Z
    • By Mrs Z 31st Mar 14, 2:28 PM
    • 866Posts
    • 844Thanks
    Mrs Z
    Waiting to exchange - anyone want to join me?
    • #1
    • 31st Mar 14, 2:28 PM
    Waiting to exchange - anyone want to join me? 31st Mar 14 at 2:28 PM
    Well, we have now passed the 'mortgage application' and survey hurdle and searches are all done. As far as I know, our buyers should also have everything in order. We are now waiting for our seller to get to the same point as they found their house a fortnight after accepting the offer from us. It is nerve wrecking... anyone want to join me????!!!
Page 363
    • BritishBibliophile
    • By BritishBibliophile 12th Oct 16, 8:30 PM
    • 505 Posts
    • 2,415 Thanks
    BritishBibliophile
    Also it now gets weirder! The estate agent cancelled our 2nd viewing of the house that we liked because apparently the seller's didn't want people round that week! This can't be a coincidence surely? Am I being silly or does this reek of something fishy? I wish I'd met the owners instead of being shown round by an agent because I feel like the agency has too much power over the situation.
    Originally posted by MissTasmanian
    That does sound suspicious, especially after you've had problems with the estate agent. We've had dreadful agents too and you do end up second-guessing Every. Single. Thing that they say or write, because you end up just being so unable to trust them. If agents were more honest then house buying would be a bit less stressful, but you might as well wish for the moon to grow hair.

    Requesting a cost reduction could work, it shows the agents that you still want to buy the house but are being put off by the delays, and might sharpen the vendors eye.

    This thread is very supportive, everyone was lovely when we had our student nightmare. Now we're waiting for a bloody contract and it's lovely to know I can vent on here with people who know how up and down the process is.

    Don't stay away, come and scream at us and we'll help talk you through it
    • Bonfire Bride
    • By Bonfire Bride 12th Oct 16, 8:36 PM
    • 697 Posts
    • 908 Thanks
    Bonfire Bride
    You can refuse to have anything to do with the estate agent at all and use only your solicitors from now on. All you have to do is advise your solicitor.

    If the EA is so desperate to move forward...have they told you what is going on with the seller and what has caused the delays?

    Something does seem a little strange.

    If it makes you feel any better, I am about to start typing my complaint to the EA.
    Mummy to 2 little boys born in 2013 & 2015

    Save 12k in 2017 - #152
    £1,500/£8000

    • lcc86
    • By lcc86 12th Oct 16, 8:52 PM
    • 867 Posts
    • 2,047 Thanks
    lcc86
    missT, I had some issues with my vendor's EA right at the start, and I ended up popping a letter through the vendor's door detailing my position and why I felt the need to write (basically the EA lied about something quite fundamental and also tried to bully me into selling with them and threatened to find another buyer if I refused). It worked out for me because I've been in direct touch with the vendor ever since any time something's come up and have effectively cut the agent out. You could maybe try this with the vendors of the new house you like? Just explain your situation and leave a contact number? Could be that the agent is lying about them not wanting visitors, or if not, I'm sure they would clarify for you. I thought I was a weirdo putting a letter through a stranger's door but it worked out for the best.
    1/12/14 total £9,140 DFD 30/01/17

    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5124473 - my DFD

    2017 365 day challenge £313 saved
    • obay
    • By obay 12th Oct 16, 9:12 PM
    • 316 Posts
    • 191 Thanks
    obay
    So,

    Solicitors have taken my deposit to day and they are saying 2 weeks we can finally move!! Not bad going since we've been doing full application since August...
    • Bonfire Bride
    • By Bonfire Bride 12th Oct 16, 9:15 PM
    • 697 Posts
    • 908 Thanks
    Bonfire Bride
    So,

    Solicitors have taken my deposit to day and they are saying 2 weeks we can finally move!! Not bad going since we've been doing full application since August...
    Originally posted by obay
    That's great Obay!

    I remember you joining around the same time as me. Although i'll be around for sometime yet.
    Mummy to 2 little boys born in 2013 & 2015

    Save 12k in 2017 - #152
    £1,500/£8000

    • Bonfire Bride
    • By Bonfire Bride 12th Oct 16, 10:47 PM
    • 697 Posts
    • 908 Thanks
    Bonfire Bride
    Complaint has been emailed to the EA. Off to bed for me now. Hated writing that as I feel like I've made friendships with some of them...but then again, I'm paying them for that "friendship" so to speak.

    If I can claw back some of the expenses, then it'll lessen the blow a little.
    Mummy to 2 little boys born in 2013 & 2015

    Save 12k in 2017 - #152
    £1,500/£8000

    • PlaysNicely
    • By PlaysNicely 13th Oct 16, 8:03 AM
    • 142 Posts
    • 402 Thanks
    PlaysNicely


    Another day at it!

    Hoping to speak to surveyor about our purchase today as his mail said he'd call today with outcome. All other plans rest on what he's going to say, I guess!

    BOnfire, don't feel bad about the email, it needed saying and even friendly estate agents need to know when their customer service falls short of expectation! At end of the day, their lack of a straight response to you cost you time and money and is likely to cost you even more hassle as you have to stay temporarily with family.

    MissTasmanian, I really hope something useful happens for you today, whatever you decide to do. I'd definitely be considering a note in the door of the property you'd like a 2nd viewing on, EA response seems very suspicious.

    Hope it's a fruitful day for imminent exchangers today, fingers crossed!

    PN x
    Last edited by PlaysNicely; 13-10-2016 at 8:09 AM. Reason: Rubbish typing
    • lee111s
    • By lee111s 13th Oct 16, 10:17 AM
    • 2,748 Posts
    • 1,892 Thanks
    lee111s
    Solicitor STILL not heard from buyers solicitor about the gifted deposit letter approval! More chasing to be done, we're so close to exchange I can taste it!

    Update: Buyers solicitor still awaiting confirmation from the lender that the gited deposit letter is accpetable. They have confirmed that once they get the OK we can exchange.

    On. The. Edge.
    Last edited by lee111s; 13-10-2016 at 10:35 AM.
    • Levs01
    • By Levs01 13th Oct 16, 10:48 AM
    • 224 Posts
    • 238 Thanks
    Levs01
    So fed up, bottom of the chain is still (apparently) awaiting a search to come back. Even if they had started them on the first time they said they were waiting for it, it would be back by now. Everyone else is ready. Feeling really peeved with it today.
    • ap1985
    • By ap1985 13th Oct 16, 11:22 AM
    • 323 Posts
    • 128 Thanks
    ap1985
    After so much going back and forth from the solicitors and our mortgage lender and HTB we should hopefully receive the authority to exchange from HTB tomorrow (so our solicitors tell us)...fingers crossed it all goes plain sailing from here!
    • ap1985
    • By ap1985 13th Oct 16, 11:23 AM
    • 323 Posts
    • 128 Thanks
    ap1985
    So fed up, bottom of the chain is still (apparently) awaiting a search to come back. Even if they had started them on the first time they said they were waiting for it, it would be back by now. Everyone else is ready. Feeling really peeved with it today.
    Originally posted by Levs01

    Oh dear! I can imagine the frustration! Do you know when they may have started their searches?
    • Levs01
    • By Levs01 13th Oct 16, 11:36 AM
    • 224 Posts
    • 238 Thanks
    Levs01
    After so much going back and forth from the solicitors and our mortgage lender and HTB we should hopefully receive the authority to exchange from HTB tomorrow (so our solicitors tell us)...fingers crossed it all goes plain sailing from here!
    Originally posted by ap1985
    How does that work AP? why do you need permission from HTB to exchange, is that bit not sorted at the beginning? Genuinely just being nosey, have no clue on how HTB works.
    • Levs01
    • By Levs01 13th Oct 16, 11:38 AM
    • 224 Posts
    • 238 Thanks
    Levs01
    Oh dear! I can imagine the frustration! Do you know when they may have started their searches?
    Originally posted by ap1985
    We were told same time we did and same time our buyer did. It's all under the same borough so they all take 10 days ours have been back 2 weeks, our buyers were back in about 7 days so I don't believe it.
    • ap1985
    • By ap1985 13th Oct 16, 11:52 AM
    • 323 Posts
    • 128 Thanks
    ap1985
    How does that work AP? why do you need permission from HTB to exchange, is that bit not sorted at the beginning? Genuinely just being nosey, have no clue on how HTB works.
    Originally posted by Levs01
    I have no idea Unfortunately we were told by our solicitors that as we are going on HTB we need authority from them to exchange after our mortgage offer came through...
    • mattk_180
    • By mattk_180 13th Oct 16, 12:10 PM
    • 355 Posts
    • 257 Thanks
    mattk_180
    I have no idea Unfortunately we were told by our solicitors that as we are going on HTB we need authority from them to exchange after our mortgage offer came through...
    Originally posted by ap1985

    Which one are you using? Equity Loan or Mortgage Guarantee?


    We used the guarantee and nothing like this was mentioned to us throughout the whole process. Can only assume therefore that either you are going with the loan or our solicitors just sorted it out without the need to tell us.
    • ap1985
    • By ap1985 13th Oct 16, 12:12 PM
    • 323 Posts
    • 128 Thanks
    ap1985
    Hi MattK we are using the Equity Loan
    • lcc86
    • By lcc86 13th Oct 16, 12:27 PM
    • 867 Posts
    • 2,047 Thanks
    lcc86
    Update on mine - or no update really. Just waiting for one thing from my freeholder then we're good to go. If that comes back today we could exchange tomorrow. If not it's likely to be next week. Hope some others receive positive news today!
    1/12/14 total £9,140 DFD 30/01/17

    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5124473 - my DFD

    2017 365 day challenge £313 saved
    • Levs01
    • By Levs01 13th Oct 16, 12:30 PM
    • 224 Posts
    • 238 Thanks
    Levs01
    I have no idea Unfortunately we were told by our solicitors that as we are going on HTB we need authority from them to exchange after our mortgage offer came through...
    Originally posted by ap1985
    I but that's frustrating having to add another box that needs to be checked before you can move on.

    Our problem is that any sniff of a delay and I think our upperchain will jump on it to stay put longer. They're in no rush to move at all so I do t want to give them any ammo.
    • ap1985
    • By ap1985 13th Oct 16, 2:12 PM
    • 323 Posts
    • 128 Thanks
    ap1985
    I but that's frustrating having to add another box that needs to be checked before you can move on.

    Our problem is that any sniff of a delay and I think our upperchain will jump on it to stay put longer. They're in no rush to move at all so I do t want to give them any ammo.
    Originally posted by Levs01

    It is frustrating but at least we are moving in the right direction...I am sure your situation would be more so frustrating!

    Keep us updated to how it progresses!
    • lewishardwick
    • By lewishardwick 13th Oct 16, 2:28 PM
    • 449 Posts
    • 522 Thanks
    lewishardwick

    My Vendors onward purchase has stalled. Tenants didn't move out on Monday as the S21 stipulated.

    Yes, yes, yes, they don't HAVE to vacate. But will a Country Court allow a High Court application to evict?!

    *grumpy Lewis*
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

184Posts Today

1,315Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

  • WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

  • RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

  • Follow Martin