Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mrs Z
    • By Mrs Z 31st Mar 14, 2:28 PM
    • 859Posts
    • 841Thanks
    Mrs Z
    Waiting to exchange - anyone want to join me?
    • #1
    • 31st Mar 14, 2:28 PM
    Waiting to exchange - anyone want to join me? 31st Mar 14 at 2:28 PM
    Well, we have now passed the 'mortgage application' and survey hurdle and searches are all done. As far as I know, our buyers should also have everything in order. We are now waiting for our seller to get to the same point as they found their house a fortnight after accepting the offer from us. It is nerve wrecking... anyone want to join me????!!!
Page 361
    • abbey516
    • By abbey516 10th Oct 16, 11:02 PM
    • 89 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    abbey516
    Quite a relaxed day today...after last weeks hell. I emailed solicitor to advise of withdrawal and new purchase and that's about it. Will contact broker a little further down the line to arrange new mortgage offer and valuation.

    I erm....forgot...to tell EA about us pulling out of first purchase I'll do it tomorrow.

    WhizzyB - how exciting! Let us know!

    Davo - I would be super annoyed too...why on earth have they left it this long to get a mortgage? I hope it all goes smoothly for you. Some people just have no sense of urgency or realise how important it all is.

    Life of unmumsy - I was looking forward to hearing that it was all "systems go". I thought they wanted 7 days? Have you had any update from them at all? Are you going to give them a deadline or are you concerned it cause them to withdraw?

    Abbey - You're moving date is my birthday (and my sons 1st birthday). Hope it all goes smoothly for you. Bet you're excited. I didn't polish for 4 weeks after we accepted an offer...I had been polishing 3x a week for 19 months

    BritishB - I hope things get going for you soon - I find being in "limbo" so frustrating. Even just a small update to say "don't worry about the current silence, things are still progressing"

    Mattk - not long now. Why cant people be honest rather than try to stall at every turn? If our vendors had been honest, I think we would still be purchasing.

    JoJo - we will be in a similar position when we sell our home. Moving in with mum - hope your sale progresses quickly for you. I'm sure you will look back at this short time with your mum in a fond way.

    Playsnicely - love your weekly plans. I am going to start doing some of my own. I love lists...my work desk is always full of them.
    Originally posted by Bonfire Bride
    Glad things are looking up for you don't blame you for waiting to tell them your pulling out. I will wish you Happy Birthday for next week now as may be too busy on the day . Seems like there are a mounting of things to be done once you exchange really didn't want to do to much just in case it never ha pend.
    • abbey516
    • By abbey516 10th Oct 16, 11:09 PM
    • 89 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    abbey516
    well after virtually no contact, Ive pushed for a completion date of next Thursday (nothing like all eggs in one basket and what not...) but I have been assured that we are ready to exchange. So now I await the phonecall!
    Originally posted by whizzybee
    WayTo Go sometimes you have to push or others just sit on it. Hope you hear something this week . Must admit the wait is the most stressful bit until you get that phone call. Then you just feel exhausted and can't take it all in it's over so quick just a call to say all done
    • mattk_180
    • By mattk_180 11th Oct 16, 9:21 AM
    • 268 Posts
    • 213 Thanks
    mattk_180
    Fingers crossed that today is the day
    • PlaysNicely
    • By PlaysNicely 11th Oct 16, 9:24 AM
    • 101 Posts
    • 172 Thanks
    PlaysNicely


    Plodding along with ours, lots of chasing up of things to do once I finish work today, but just checking in with you all to say best of luck to everyone hoping to do the deed today!

    PN x
    • MissTasmanian
    • By MissTasmanian 11th Oct 16, 10:38 AM
    • 607 Posts
    • 261 Thanks
    MissTasmanian
    Our seller hasn't even bothered replying to our ultimatum. All the paperwork done back in August and he strung us along until we finally told him to either agree a completion date or we'd back out. Time to cut our losses

    I guess some people never want to sell their house.
    • Seanymph
    • By Seanymph 11th Oct 16, 10:41 AM
    • 2,609 Posts
    • 16,863 Thanks
    Seanymph
    Oh it's so SLOW!

    Our solicitor has told their solicitor that he has signed contracts and is ready to exchange. He says he has answered all of their queries, nothing is outstanding.

    And nothing. Not for the last week.

    I don't know how much to chase, so am just sitting back and waiting for them to move it forwards, but it's so SLOW!
    • Levs01
    • By Levs01 11th Oct 16, 10:48 AM
    • 224 Posts
    • 237 Thanks
    Levs01
    Well we're still waiting. Our buyer received their contract to sign so that's good. Their buyer is still waiting on searches apparently. We all are buying under the same borough, we all applied for searches at the same time, everyone else's are back and the turn around is 10 days. Our buyer is chasing but I'm thinking of getting the EA to get in it too. May as well get them to earn some money as they've done naff all else!
    • lcc86
    • By lcc86 11th Oct 16, 12:54 PM
    • 747 Posts
    • 1,241 Thanks
    lcc86
    Just had an update on mine, one last query (I hope!), the buyer's solicitor wants confirmation I've paid service charge up to date (not sure why they didn't ask sooner) then we should be okay to exchange on Friday and complete next week.

    Hope everyone gets positive news today!
    1/12/14 total £9,140 Today £233 97.4% paid
    • Levs01
    • By Levs01 11th Oct 16, 1:19 PM
    • 224 Posts
    • 237 Thanks
    Levs01
    Just had an update on mine, one last query (I hope!), the buyer's solicitor wants confirmation I've paid service charge up to date (not sure why they didn't ask sooner) then we should be okay to exchange on Friday and complete next week.

    Hope everyone gets positive news today!
    Originally posted by lcc86
    Good news! Fingers crossed for you.
    • mattk_180
    • By mattk_180 11th Oct 16, 2:12 PM
    • 268 Posts
    • 213 Thanks
    mattk_180
    Nothing yet! Was told latest it would be was today. No reason it shouldn't as nothing is outstanding other than arranging insurance which they were supposedly doing on Friday/Monday.


    Rang the solicitor but they were at lunch so left a message.


    More waiting...............


    EDIT;


    Heard from solicitors, apparently the vendors solicitor is awaiting written "consent" from our vendors - whatever that is. I thought it was something to do with insurance as that's what was outstanding but might be consent to exchange - which makes more sense.


    They are taking it to a supervisor to see if they can exchange on verbal consent which they have had. If they can, we will exchange today, if not, try again tomorrow.
    Last edited by mattk_180; 11-10-2016 at 2:40 PM.
    • lee111s
    • By lee111s 11th Oct 16, 5:35 PM
    • 2,467 Posts
    • 1,752 Thanks
    lee111s
    Buyer has handed in their signed gifted deposit letter and paid their deposit (weeee). Contract was signed last week.

    Just need to wait for their lender to give the OK regarding the gifted deposit letter and we can eventually exchange
    • jojo9239
    • By jojo9239 11th Oct 16, 7:18 PM
    • 319 Posts
    • 223 Thanks
    jojo9239
    My solicitor rang said our proposed date of 11th nov is fine and do able but our vendors house she is buying her solicitors haven't had any paperwork for her purchase 5 weeks on so frustrating
    • jojo9239
    • By jojo9239 11th Oct 16, 7:19 PM
    • 319 Posts
    • 223 Thanks
    jojo9239
    Quite a relaxed day today...after last weeks hell. I emailed solicitor to advise of withdrawal and new purchase and that's about it. Will contact broker a little further down the line to arrange new mortgage offer and valuation.

    I erm....forgot...to tell EA about us pulling out of first purchase I'll do it tomorrow.

    WhizzyB - how exciting! Let us know!

    Davo - I would be super annoyed too...why on earth have they left it this long to get a mortgage? I hope it all goes smoothly for you. Some people just have no sense of urgency or realise how important it all is.

    Life of unmumsy - I was looking forward to hearing that it was all "systems go". I thought they wanted 7 days? Have you had any update from them at all? Are you going to give them a deadline or are you concerned it cause them to withdraw?

    Abbey - You're moving date is my birthday (and my sons 1st birthday). Hope it all goes smoothly for you. Bet you're excited. I didn't polish for 4 weeks after we accepted an offer...I had been polishing 3x a week for 19 months

    BritishB - I hope things get going for you soon - I find being in "limbo" so frustrating. Even just a small update to say "don't worry about the current silence, things are still progressing"

    Mattk - not long now. Why cant people be honest rather than try to stall at every turn? If our vendors had been honest, I think we would still be purchasing.

    JoJo - we will be in a similar position when we sell our home. Moving in with mum - hope your sale progresses quickly for you. I'm sure you will look back at this short time with your mum in a fond way.

    Playsnicely - love your weekly plans. I am going to start doing some of my own. I love lists...my work desk is always full of them.
    Originally posted by Bonfire Bride
    Ha ha I hope so it's not been too bad think hubby is feeling it more than me x
    • lewishardwick
    • By lewishardwick 11th Oct 16, 7:43 PM
    • 355 Posts
    • 347 Thanks
    lewishardwick
    Spoke with my vendor today about fixtures and fittings. Also mentioned the delays with the freeholders and management company.

    She agreed it was unreasonably slow as we're both waiting to exchange.

    Cue estate agents, mortgage brokers and solicitors all hounding them into gear! Fingers xx'ed still for end of October!!
    • PlaysNicely
    • By PlaysNicely 11th Oct 16, 8:13 PM
    • 101 Posts
    • 172 Thanks
    PlaysNicely


    How's everyone doing?

    Really feel for you Lcc, Matt, Levs, Jojo, Seany & Lewis .... and anyone lurking that I've missed, just feels so close yet so far when you're waiting for that deed to be done, that phone call or email with confirmation to come through. Here's hoping for tomorrow for you!

    MissTasmanian, I can't believe you've had no response at all, that's awful. Really hope you can find somewhere soon which turns out to be a breeze compared to the troubles you've had so far.

    Own process is plodding on and looking positive in the scheme of things *frantically knocks on wood* ...

    TA for comment BB, lists also keep me sane and I like to break it all down into small aims, to keep me heading in the right direction without overwhelm setting in. And speaking of which, a little update ...

    Aims for this week:
    Try to get F&F issue dealt with via EA so that when solicitor gets back we can push on towards contracts etc.
    Chase outcomes of both surveys as no news yet and add that into mix to greet solicitor back with. Combined success with this and above issue for our sale ... F & F issue now dealt with and survey report shows just a few minor tweaks to be done before winter (yup, the autumn stuff we haven't done as too busy with whole selling / buying / daily life & work malarkey, so no down-valuation or negotiation! Purchasers want to complete by end of Nov, we've said soon as possible is fine by us, but word is they are unable to sign ready for exchange until searches back and they have only requested them this week apparently).

    No outcome yet for survey on our purchase, have emailed surveyor again today to see if there is an update on the report.


    Investigate good value flood risk insurance for one we're buying (assuming no surprises arising from survey report). Ongoing, quotes £300 - £700 per annum so far! Have had confirmation from EA that probate has been granted so there shouldn't be too many hold ups once contracts are ready *knocks on wood like a frenetic woodpecker, again*

    And cheer myself up by accepting the quote from jolly removals guys who moved us last time and also by getting a few boxes off them so I can pack and plan (when I'm not working or doing the above)! Quote officially accepted and two lads dropped some boxes off this evening!
    x
    Originally posted by PlaysNicely
    And other incidental news, my husband is driving me potty, he wants it all over and done with (it's his dream location, bottom end of nowhere), like having a five year old who wants it to be Christmas aready and one of my dogs is behaving strangely and will not leave my side, seriously parks himself on bath mat every time I, um, use the facilities ... he's been like it since the weekend when we started packing proper ... think the boxes are unsettling him?
    PN x
    Last edited by PlaysNicely; 11-10-2016 at 8:21 PM. Reason: Apparently I'm too tired to type sensibly
    • Levs01
    • By Levs01 11th Oct 16, 8:28 PM
    • 224 Posts
    • 237 Thanks
    Levs01


    How's everyone doing?

    Really feel for you Lcc, Matt, Levs, Jojo, Seany & Lewis .... and anyone lurking that I've missed, just feels so close yet so far when you're waiting for that deed to be done, that phone call or email with confirmation to come through. Here's hoping for tomorrow for you!

    MissTasmanian, I can't believe you've had no response at all, that's awful. Really hope you can find somewhere soon which turns out to be a breeze compared to the troubles you've had so far.

    Own process is plodding on and looking positive in the scheme of things *frantically knocks on wood* ...

    TA for comment BB, lists also keep me sane and I like to break it all down into small aims, to keep me heading in the right direction without overwhelm setting in. And speaking of which, a little update ...


    And other incidental news, my husband is driving me potty, he wants it all over and done with (it's his dream location, bottom end of nowhere), like having a five year old who wants it to be Christmas aready and one of my dogs is behaving strangely and will not leave my side, seriously parks himself on bath mat every time I, um, use the facilities ... he's been like it since the weekend when we started packing proper ... think the boxes are unsettling him?
    PN x
    Originally posted by PlaysNicely
    It probably is the packing up that's unsettling him. They don't understand why their home is being turned upside down. That and maybe he's been reading on here about people leaving cats and dogs behind when they move out couldn't even fathom doing something like that.
    • Bonfire Bride
    • By Bonfire Bride 11th Oct 16, 10:31 PM
    • 664 Posts
    • 817 Thanks
    Bonfire Bride
    Our seller hasn't even bothered replying to our ultimatum. All the paperwork done back in August and he strung us along until we finally told him to either agree a completion date or we'd back out. Time to cut our losses

    I guess some people never want to sell their house.
    Originally posted by MissTasmanian
    What an awful situation and awful people to do that to you so close to exchange. I honestly wonder what goes through some peoples' minds. I hope you're okay.
    Mummy to 2 little boys born in 2013 & 2015
    House on the market for 19 months ....SOLD! ...complete!
    Natalie
    • jojo9239
    • By jojo9239 11th Oct 16, 10:35 PM
    • 319 Posts
    • 223 Thanks
    jojo9239
    What an awful situation and awful people to do that to you so close to exchange. I honestly wonder what goes through some peoples' minds. I hope you're okay.
    Originally posted by Bonfire Bride
    I agree totally awful. Our vendor decided 4 days before exchange that the dates weren't good for her anymore we were so mad and they just kept changing so we pulled out in the end
    • Bonfire Bride
    • By Bonfire Bride 11th Oct 16, 10:38 PM
    • 664 Posts
    • 817 Thanks
    Bonfire Bride
    I emailed EA today to say we were pulling out...I think they expected it.

    Told solicitor on Monday that we were going to purchase new house...paperwork received today! Super impressed with her to be honest and was worried she would drop me as another solicitor from the firm is our vendors solicitor.

    Another £250 to cough up.

    Will email broker tomorrow now to keep him up to date...not going to get mortgage valuation until the end of the month when my solicitor should have received fixtures and fittings forms etc.

    Something our previous sellers didn't even bother to return in the 2 months...

    I hate these chains...something needs to be done about the house buying legislation in Wales/England..so much money spent on nothing.

    In work tomorrow, so i'll be able to keep up with everyone's updates.

    x
    Mummy to 2 little boys born in 2013 & 2015
    House on the market for 19 months ....SOLD! ...complete!
    Natalie
    • jojo9239
    • By jojo9239 12th Oct 16, 6:58 AM
    • 319 Posts
    • 223 Thanks
    jojo9239
    BB I feel your pain we took the desision to pull out after the vendor kept moving goal posts and threatening us with withdrawing but turns out this new house is 100% better for us it all works out in the end xx
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,742Posts Today

5,849Users online

Martin's Twitter