Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mrs Z
    • By Mrs Z 31st Mar 14, 2:28 PM
    • 866Posts
    • 844Thanks
    Mrs Z
    Waiting to exchange - anyone want to join me?
    • #1
    • 31st Mar 14, 2:28 PM
    Waiting to exchange - anyone want to join me? 31st Mar 14 at 2:28 PM
    Well, we have now passed the 'mortgage application' and survey hurdle and searches are all done. As far as I know, our buyers should also have everything in order. We are now waiting for our seller to get to the same point as they found their house a fortnight after accepting the offer from us. It is nerve wrecking... anyone want to join me????!!!
Page 360
    • lcc86
    • By lcc86 10th Oct 16, 7:45 PM
    • 856 Posts
    • 1,844 Thanks
    lcc86
    Same here I stopped doing my Saturday deep cleans for like 5 weeks think I just wanted out in the end hence why we are at mums now
    Originally posted by jojo9239
    Glad I'm not the only one who now doesn't want to.clean!! Should be moving this week or next so I keep telling myself I don't have to clean until it's empty!
    1/12/14 total £9,140 DFD 30/01/17

    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5124473 - my DFD

    2017 365 day challenge £313 saved
    • jojo9239
    • By jojo9239 10th Oct 16, 8:07 PM
    • 320 Posts
    • 226 Thanks
    jojo9239
    I didn't even have time to clean when we left I felt so bad but was so rushed plus I'd packed the Hoover off to the storage unit
    • lee111s
    • By lee111s 10th Oct 16, 8:10 PM
    • 2,705 Posts
    • 1,865 Thanks
    lee111s
    Hoping tomorrow is the day!
    • abbey516
    • By abbey516 10th Oct 16, 8:23 PM
    • 89 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    abbey516
    Glad I'm not the only one who now doesn't want to.clean!! Should be moving this week or next so I keep telling myself I don't have to clean until it's empty!
    Originally posted by lcc86
    Same here just let things go but today I started deep cleaning bathroom kitchen and clearing a few more bits and pieces out .We move 20th Oct and thought I didn't want to reflect that I didn't keep it clean.
    • whizzybee
    • By whizzybee 10th Oct 16, 9:24 PM
    • 133 Posts
    • 379 Thanks
    whizzybee
    well after virtually no contact, Ive pushed for a completion date of next Thursday (nothing like all eggs in one basket and what not...) but I have been assured that we are ready to exchange. So now I await the phonecall!
    • copperjar
    • By copperjar 10th Oct 16, 9:43 PM
    • 872 Posts
    • 1,981 Thanks
    copperjar
    When did you all start suggesting exchange and completion dates? Early on in the process or when things had really moved on?
    Total debt 1.11.10 £23,446
    Save £6k in 2015 #129 £6121.66/£6000
    Save £6k in 2016 #39 £6000/£6000
    • Bonfire Bride
    • By Bonfire Bride 10th Oct 16, 9:58 PM
    • 697 Posts
    • 908 Thanks
    Bonfire Bride
    Quite a relaxed day today...after last weeks hell. I emailed solicitor to advise of withdrawal and new purchase and that's about it. Will contact broker a little further down the line to arrange new mortgage offer and valuation.

    I erm....forgot...to tell EA about us pulling out of first purchase I'll do it tomorrow.

    WhizzyB - how exciting! Let us know!

    Davo - I would be super annoyed too...why on earth have they left it this long to get a mortgage? I hope it all goes smoothly for you. Some people just have no sense of urgency or realise how important it all is.

    Life of unmumsy - I was looking forward to hearing that it was all "systems go". I thought they wanted 7 days? Have you had any update from them at all? Are you going to give them a deadline or are you concerned it cause them to withdraw?

    Abbey - You're moving date is my birthday (and my sons 1st birthday). Hope it all goes smoothly for you. Bet you're excited. I didn't polish for 4 weeks after we accepted an offer...I had been polishing 3x a week for 19 months

    BritishB - I hope things get going for you soon - I find being in "limbo" so frustrating. Even just a small update to say "don't worry about the current silence, things are still progressing"

    Mattk - not long now. Why cant people be honest rather than try to stall at every turn? If our vendors had been honest, I think we would still be purchasing.

    JoJo - we will be in a similar position when we sell our home. Moving in with mum - hope your sale progresses quickly for you. I'm sure you will look back at this short time with your mum in a fond way.

    Playsnicely - love your weekly plans. I am going to start doing some of my own. I love lists...my work desk is always full of them.
    Mummy to 2 little boys born in 2013 & 2015

    Save 12k in 2017 - #152
    £1,500/£8000

    • Korra
    • By Korra 10th Oct 16, 10:00 PM
    • 64 Posts
    • 74 Thanks
    Korra
    copperjar, my solicitor mentioned it end of September that exchange and completion can happen in October. I think i would have exchanged by now if i hadn't taken 10 days to get a few things signes and witnessed. The EA was chasing before this asking for exchange to happen asap. The searches were completed around the 3rd week in September.
    2016: Hopefully be a FTB Complete 27.10.2016
    • Bonfire Bride
    • By Bonfire Bride 10th Oct 16, 10:03 PM
    • 697 Posts
    • 908 Thanks
    Bonfire Bride
    When did you all start suggesting exchange and completion dates? Early on in the process or when things had really moved on?
    Originally posted by copperjar
    I would put it out there ASAP - it will give them an idea of what they are working towards.

    I told our solicitor early on and she said she had forwarded the proposed date to the others in the chain.
    Mummy to 2 little boys born in 2013 & 2015

    Save 12k in 2017 - #152
    £1,500/£8000

    • thegirlintheattic
    • By thegirlintheattic 10th Oct 16, 10:29 PM
    • 2,698 Posts
    • 3,509 Thanks
    thegirlintheattic
    When did you all start suggesting exchange and completion dates? Early on in the process or when things had really moved on?
    Originally posted by copperjar
    We gave our time scale in the 1st meeting with the solicitor. Today our solicitor has checked we're still aiming for the date we gave - so hopefully a step closer!

    I'd suggest it ASAP. I think the completion date is only set on exchange though.
    Save £200 a month : Oct Nov Dec Jan Feb Mar Apr
    • abbey516
    • By abbey516 10th Oct 16, 11:02 PM
    • 89 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    abbey516
    Quite a relaxed day today...after last weeks hell. I emailed solicitor to advise of withdrawal and new purchase and that's about it. Will contact broker a little further down the line to arrange new mortgage offer and valuation.

    I erm....forgot...to tell EA about us pulling out of first purchase I'll do it tomorrow.

    WhizzyB - how exciting! Let us know!

    Davo - I would be super annoyed too...why on earth have they left it this long to get a mortgage? I hope it all goes smoothly for you. Some people just have no sense of urgency or realise how important it all is.

    Life of unmumsy - I was looking forward to hearing that it was all "systems go". I thought they wanted 7 days? Have you had any update from them at all? Are you going to give them a deadline or are you concerned it cause them to withdraw?

    Abbey - You're moving date is my birthday (and my sons 1st birthday). Hope it all goes smoothly for you. Bet you're excited. I didn't polish for 4 weeks after we accepted an offer...I had been polishing 3x a week for 19 months

    BritishB - I hope things get going for you soon - I find being in "limbo" so frustrating. Even just a small update to say "don't worry about the current silence, things are still progressing"

    Mattk - not long now. Why cant people be honest rather than try to stall at every turn? If our vendors had been honest, I think we would still be purchasing.

    JoJo - we will be in a similar position when we sell our home. Moving in with mum - hope your sale progresses quickly for you. I'm sure you will look back at this short time with your mum in a fond way.

    Playsnicely - love your weekly plans. I am going to start doing some of my own. I love lists...my work desk is always full of them.
    Originally posted by Bonfire Bride
    Glad things are looking up for you don't blame you for waiting to tell them your pulling out. I will wish you Happy Birthday for next week now as may be too busy on the day . Seems like there are a mounting of things to be done once you exchange really didn't want to do to much just in case it never ha pend.
    • abbey516
    • By abbey516 10th Oct 16, 11:09 PM
    • 89 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    abbey516
    well after virtually no contact, Ive pushed for a completion date of next Thursday (nothing like all eggs in one basket and what not...) but I have been assured that we are ready to exchange. So now I await the phonecall!
    Originally posted by whizzybee
    WayTo Go sometimes you have to push or others just sit on it. Hope you hear something this week . Must admit the wait is the most stressful bit until you get that phone call. Then you just feel exhausted and can't take it all in it's over so quick just a call to say all done
    • mattk_180
    • By mattk_180 11th Oct 16, 9:21 AM
    • 351 Posts
    • 256 Thanks
    mattk_180
    Fingers crossed that today is the day
    • PlaysNicely
    • By PlaysNicely 11th Oct 16, 9:24 AM
    • 105 Posts
    • 176 Thanks
    PlaysNicely


    Plodding along with ours, lots of chasing up of things to do once I finish work today, but just checking in with you all to say best of luck to everyone hoping to do the deed today!

    PN x
    • MissTasmanian
    • By MissTasmanian 11th Oct 16, 10:38 AM
    • 667 Posts
    • 294 Thanks
    MissTasmanian
    Our seller hasn't even bothered replying to our ultimatum. All the paperwork done back in August and he strung us along until we finally told him to either agree a completion date or we'd back out. Time to cut our losses

    I guess some people never want to sell their house.
    • Seanymph
    • By Seanymph 11th Oct 16, 10:41 AM
    • 2,615 Posts
    • 16,878 Thanks
    Seanymph
    Oh it's so SLOW!

    Our solicitor has told their solicitor that he has signed contracts and is ready to exchange. He says he has answered all of their queries, nothing is outstanding.

    And nothing. Not for the last week.

    I don't know how much to chase, so am just sitting back and waiting for them to move it forwards, but it's so SLOW!
    • Levs01
    • By Levs01 11th Oct 16, 10:48 AM
    • 224 Posts
    • 238 Thanks
    Levs01
    Well we're still waiting. Our buyer received their contract to sign so that's good. Their buyer is still waiting on searches apparently. We all are buying under the same borough, we all applied for searches at the same time, everyone else's are back and the turn around is 10 days. Our buyer is chasing but I'm thinking of getting the EA to get in it too. May as well get them to earn some money as they've done naff all else!
    • lcc86
    • By lcc86 11th Oct 16, 12:54 PM
    • 856 Posts
    • 1,844 Thanks
    lcc86
    Just had an update on mine, one last query (I hope!), the buyer's solicitor wants confirmation I've paid service charge up to date (not sure why they didn't ask sooner) then we should be okay to exchange on Friday and complete next week.

    Hope everyone gets positive news today!
    1/12/14 total £9,140 DFD 30/01/17

    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5124473 - my DFD

    2017 365 day challenge £313 saved
    • Levs01
    • By Levs01 11th Oct 16, 1:19 PM
    • 224 Posts
    • 238 Thanks
    Levs01
    Just had an update on mine, one last query (I hope!), the buyer's solicitor wants confirmation I've paid service charge up to date (not sure why they didn't ask sooner) then we should be okay to exchange on Friday and complete next week.

    Hope everyone gets positive news today!
    Originally posted by lcc86
    Good news! Fingers crossed for you.
    • mattk_180
    • By mattk_180 11th Oct 16, 2:12 PM
    • 351 Posts
    • 256 Thanks
    mattk_180
    Nothing yet! Was told latest it would be was today. No reason it shouldn't as nothing is outstanding other than arranging insurance which they were supposedly doing on Friday/Monday.


    Rang the solicitor but they were at lunch so left a message.


    More waiting...............


    EDIT;


    Heard from solicitors, apparently the vendors solicitor is awaiting written "consent" from our vendors - whatever that is. I thought it was something to do with insurance as that's what was outstanding but might be consent to exchange - which makes more sense.


    They are taking it to a supervisor to see if they can exchange on verbal consent which they have had. If they can, we will exchange today, if not, try again tomorrow.
    Last edited by mattk_180; 11-10-2016 at 2:40 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,880Posts Today

7,777Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's twitter poll: It's been everywhere, so why not here. Which Hogwart's house should you've been in (Ive put key traits to help)...

  • Quick favour if uv graduated within around the last year. I could do with pic of a student loan statement (no personal info) inc interest

  • RT @ValeOfLevenCU: Why not sign up to @MartinSLewis https://t.co/kxMBedCNNw weekly email for free, impartial tips? #ThriftyThursday http?

  • Follow Martin