Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mrs Z
    • By Mrs Z 31st Mar 14, 2:28 PM
    • 853Posts
    • 834Thanks
    Mrs Z
    Waiting to exchange - anyone want to join me?
    • 31st Mar 14, 2:28 PM
    Waiting to exchange - anyone want to join me? 31st Mar 14 at 2:28 PM
    Well, we have now passed the 'mortgage application' and survey hurdle and searches are all done. As far as I know, our buyers should also have everything in order. We are now waiting for our seller to get to the same point as they found their house a fortnight after accepting the offer from us. It is nerve wrecking... anyone want to join me????!!!
Page 347
    • Korra
    • By Korra 22nd Sep 16, 3:34 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    Korra
    I think my solicitors read the message below as they have just called up to say the searches are back and they are raising queries tomorrow.

Not much progress has been made since the 11th of August apart from receiving the fittings and contents form and getting a new mortgage offer in with a better rate.

I don't know what my solicitors are doing and when I chase I don't get any updates apart from "I cannot allow exchange to happen until I have checked on searches" but she won't say where she is with the searches and if queries have been raised.

I am currently renting and need to give 2 months notice so I would like an indication of time frames as work gets busier in December and annual leave is difficult to take. I also have half my holidays still to take before end of the year as I have been saving them for the house move.
    Originally posted by Korra
    2016: Hopefully be a FTB
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 22nd Sep 16, 3:35 PM
    • 3,327 Posts
    • 2,228 Thanks
    glentoran99
    Solicitor phoned, our buyers have signed and contract sent! Exchange probably Monday or Tuesday with completion on Thursday. Might actually start packing now.

Delighted! This time yesterday I thought it was all coming crashing down
    • abbey516
    • By abbey516 22nd Sep 16, 3:52 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    abbey516
    Solicitor phoned, our buyers have signed and contract sent! Exchange probably Monday or Tuesday with completion on Thursday. Might actually start packing now.

Delighted! This time yesterday I thought it was all coming crashing down
    Originally posted by glentoran99
    So glad for you thats quick turnaround, our buyer is asking for 3 week from exchange to completion which we are not happy with. We seem to be going down the same road as we did on August 4th. Just tried to phone solicitor and I can't believe their phones are down and having issues with their computers just like the day our buyers buyer pulled out. What solicitor would keep getting issues with their systems so often. Bet it happens when we have a date for exchange
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 22nd Sep 16, 5:01 PM
    • 3,327 Posts
    • 2,228 Thanks
    glentoran99
    So glad for you thats quick turnaround, our buyer is asking for 3 week from exchange to completion which we are not happy with. We seem to be going down the same road as we did on August 4th. Just tried to phone solicitor and I can't believe their phones are down and having issues with their computers just like the day our buyers buyer pulled out. What solicitor would keep getting issues with their systems so often. Bet it happens when we have a date for exchange
    Originally posted by abbey516
    I don't understand why they would need 3 weeks between exchange and completion
    • abbey516
    • By abbey516 22nd Sep 16, 7:35 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    abbey516
    I don't understand why they would need 3 weeks between exchange and completion
    Originally posted by glentoran99
    They are older couple and their house is very cluttered as have lived there 40 years thats why they have sold to property developer needs lots of work done,But when we put our house on the market we started clearing out strait away ,Had to keep on to our daughter mind to clear her uni and other things from our attic. Think we may be going down the same route as last buyer for her house as they are still chasing him to sign contracts and thats been over a week now. So much for being another cash buyer very quick at start no survey no inquiries get to finale bit and slow down and change their minds.
    • nataliekatemese123
    • By nataliekatemese123 23rd Sep 16, 2:34 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    nataliekatemese123
    Going to pick up our contracts now! Looking at an exchange date of next week, completion around 20th Oct (need to give notice on flat etc).
    • abbey516
    • By abbey516 23rd Sep 16, 2:45 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    abbey516
    So looks like no news again today, solicitor emailed yesterday afternoon to say they are still chasing our buyers buyer solicitor for him to sign contracts. She said hopeful of some news today. But looks like another weekend to get trough with all the stress that goes with it
    • Levs01
    • By Levs01 23rd Sep 16, 3:01 PM
    • 70 Posts
    • 57 Thanks
    Levs01
    So looks like no news again today, solicitor emailed yesterday afternoon to say they are still chasing our buyers buyer solicitor for him to sign contracts. She said hopeful of some news today. But looks like another weekend to get trough with all the stress that goes with it
    It's bad isn't it when you get to the point you dread the weekend because nothing's going to happen. On the upside I don't think I've ever been so pleased to see mondays
    • Jox
    • By Jox 23rd Sep 16, 3:04 PM
    • 1,178 Posts
    • 2,541 Thanks
    Jox
    Going to pick up our contracts now! Looking at an exchange date of next week, completion around 20th Oct (need to give notice on flat etc).
    Originally posted by nataliekatemese123
    Congrats natalie!
    I'm at the end of another week of waiting too...no news yet.
    Good luck for next week everyone!
    • nataliekatemese123
    • By nataliekatemese123 23rd Sep 16, 4:14 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    nataliekatemese123
    Thanks Jox! Just seen in the paperwork that they are leaving us the fridge freezer (if we want it) which is great as ours just broke! Today is a good day
    • lee111s
    • By lee111s 23rd Sep 16, 5:37 PM
    • 2,230 Posts
    • 1,536 Thanks
    lee111s
    Waiting for the phone call to arrange to go in and sign contracts. Should have already been done but we were on holiday for a week and our buyers solicitor wanted to put a long stop date into the contract (which we're fine with). I just want to be exchanged!!
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 23rd Sep 16, 6:01 PM
    • 3,327 Posts
    • 2,228 Thanks
    glentoran99
    Nothing worse than another weekend waiting. Hopefully Monday brings good news
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 23rd Sep 16, 6:03 PM
    • 3,327 Posts
    • 2,228 Thanks
    glentoran99
    Signed contracts today, just need our seller to sign on Monday and all good! Completion planned for Thursday
    • ultimatedingbat
    • By ultimatedingbat 24th Sep 16, 2:25 PM
    • 689 Posts
    • 165 Thanks
    ultimatedingbat
    Had our offer accepted. They've offered and had it accepted on an empty house. Morgage is NOT being applied for until I know for definate this is a go as can't afford to spend it if anything si going to go wrong. Instructed solicitors to wait before they do anything. Just a waiting game. I have however started packing non-essentials and making my husband sort his electronics out!
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 24th Sep 16, 2:28 PM
    • 3,327 Posts
    • 2,228 Thanks
    glentoran99
    Had our offer accepted. They've offered and had it accepted on an empty house. Morgage is NOT being applied for until I know for definate this is a go as can't afford to spend it if anything si going to go wrong. Instructed solicitors to wait before they do anything. Just a waiting game. I have however started packing non-essentials and making my husband sort his electronics out!
    Originally posted by ultimatedingbat

If you offer is accepted and the chain is complete what exactly are you waiting for?
    • ultimatedingbat
    • By ultimatedingbat 24th Sep 16, 2:39 PM
    • 689 Posts
    • 165 Thanks
    ultimatedingbat
    At the moment the call from the solicitor. When we chose them the vendor hadn't got a house sorted. So I called them Friday to say to get in touch as they had now found somewhere.
    That and we're seeing a mortgage broker monday to check we've got the best deal.
    And as far as I know they've not applied for their mortgage either
    Last edited by ultimatedingbat; 24-09-2016 at 2:45 PM.
    • nicole19922
    • By nicole19922 25th Sep 16, 9:57 AM
    • 45 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    nicole19922
    I haven't posted on this thread for AGES! But we are finally completing on Friday and I cannot wait.

We had our offer accepted at the start of April so it has been an extremely long journey. We exchanged at the start of August (awkward vendors)

I'm just panicking now that something is going to go wrong on Friday and we won't complete...
    • ultimatedingbat
    • By ultimatedingbat 25th Sep 16, 2:56 PM
    • 689 Posts
    • 165 Thanks
    ultimatedingbat
    Well my parents are rubbing their hands with glee that I will finally be taking all my stuff out of their loft (including my wedding dress which is HUGE)
    We've started packing our non-essentials. Had a really good clear out of our workroom today binning stuff we've maybe been hoarding. I've got 2 bags to go to charity and some bits to go to the skip. Feeling like this might actually work for us this time. We've tried to buy before and it's just not worked due to various issues (work, issues with the house, wedding). Feeling very real this time. Need some BIG boxes though as one of the next things I need to start packing is my books!!! THere's a lot of them.
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 26th Sep 16, 9:55 AM
    • 3,327 Posts
    • 2,228 Thanks
    glentoran99
    Happy Monday everyone lets hope it brings the news people are waiting for
    • nataliekatemese123
    • By nataliekatemese123 26th Sep 16, 11:07 AM
    • 29 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    nataliekatemese123
    Just handed our signed contracts to the solicitor. Now we need to transfer them almost thirty thousand pounds which is terrifying!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

76Posts Today

1,879Users online

Martin's Twitter