Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mrs Z
    • By Mrs Z 31st Mar 14, 2:28 PM
    • 853Posts
    • 834Thanks
    Mrs Z
    Waiting to exchange - anyone want to join me?
    • #1
    • 31st Mar 14, 2:28 PM
    Waiting to exchange - anyone want to join me? 31st Mar 14 at 2:28 PM
    Well, we have now passed the 'mortgage application' and survey hurdle and searches are all done. As far as I know, our buyers should also have everything in order. We are now waiting for our seller to get to the same point as they found their house a fortnight after accepting the offer from us. It is nerve wrecking... anyone want to join me????!!!
Page 346
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 21st Sep 16, 2:05 PM
    • 3,308 Posts
    • 2,212 Thanks
    glentoran99
    Well, Things have taken a turn for the dramatic, taken out of our hands with our vendors threatening to pull out, all of a sudden our buyers copy of mortgage offer is acceptable to solicitor and should be signing today..


    Lets see
    • abbey516
    • By abbey516 21st Sep 16, 3:07 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    abbey516
    Well, Things have taken a turn for the dramatic, taken out of our hands with our vendors threatening to pull out, all of a sudden our buyers copy of mortgage offer is acceptable to solicitor and should be signing today..


    Lets see
    Originally posted by glentoran99
    We have done the same with our buyer and threaten to pull out. I don't think we would actually go through with it but feel we have to make every person involved pull all the stops out or we will just keep going round in circles . Hope you start to move forward with your sale and will keep my fingers crossed for you . It really should not be like this when we have so much technology today .Still waiting for solicitor to get in touch with us .
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 21st Sep 16, 3:36 PM
    • 3,308 Posts
    • 2,212 Thanks
    glentoran99
    Solicitor now has a faxed copy but is insisting on getting hard copy, been assured tomorrow

    Have been for over a month. Tomorrow never comes
    • BritishBibliophile
    • By BritishBibliophile 21st Sep 16, 7:44 PM
    • 468 Posts
    • 2,231 Thanks
    BritishBibliophile
    Hope tomorrow brings better news for you both Glen and Abbey!
    "You won't bloom until you're planted" - Graffiti spotted in Newcastle.

    House Deposit - £12132.18 | Furniture Fund - £480.70/£1000 Make £3 a Day in September - £15.24/£90 (2016 - £398.14) | Wombling - £47.08 | Wedding Fund: £1400.00/£4000
    • Bonfire Bride
    • By Bonfire Bride 21st Sep 16, 9:52 PM
    • 431 Posts
    • 527 Thanks
    Bonfire Bride
    Wow...we do have some drama going on! We've just had to purchase a brand new oven because ours broke (3 days after getting it professionally cleaned argh!)

    I would never dream of taking it with us. I've even offered our large wardrobe to the buyers as they are FTB...

    For free!
    Mummy to 2 little boys
    House on the market for 19 months ....SOLD!
    Natalie
    • nataliekatemese123
    • By nataliekatemese123 22nd Sep 16, 9:57 AM
    • 28 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    nataliekatemese123
    Hi Bonfire Bride... the coincidences keep coming - our seller has offered us the wardrobes for free!! Haha. They don't have kids though so don't think they are you!

    Our searches came back yesterday, all passes. That's a weight off. What else will the solicitors be doing at the moment?
    • ruby_eskimo
    • By ruby_eskimo 22nd Sep 16, 10:22 AM
    • 2,182 Posts
    • 11,735 Thanks
    ruby_eskimo
    So we've finally heard back from the seller and she's willing to accept the lower price to cover the cost of the work on the roof. However the bank have now said that as we're on one of the HTB mortgages, they can't lend us more than 95% of the purchase price. So now we're scrabbling round trying to work out where we're going to get £3k from! All the searches are back, we're just waiting to receive the contract and fixtures and fittings forms now. Oh and for the rest of the chain to be finalised (think we have 6 people above us so far and the one's at the top haven't found a property yet...)

    Should we be doing anything else now?
    Emergency Fund - £0 / £1,000 :: Holiday Fund -£135 / £3,600
    Sealed Pot 2016 #24 :: VSP #29 - £0:: NSD 2016 - 0 / 200 Weight Loss: 30 / 51lbs September GC - £65/ £200
    Engaged 9th December 2010 Married 29th October 2015
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 22nd Sep 16, 10:47 AM
    • 3,308 Posts
    • 2,212 Thanks
    glentoran99
    Nothing so far today, Our purchaser supposedly signing but im far from convinced, What about you abbey?
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 22nd Sep 16, 11:22 AM
    • 3,308 Posts
    • 2,212 Thanks
    glentoran99
    In actual shock, estate agent phoned me, must be the first time they have ever phoned me without me chasing them first!!!

    Our buyer signing today at 3pm
    • Bonfire Bride
    • By Bonfire Bride 22nd Sep 16, 11:26 AM
    • 431 Posts
    • 527 Thanks
    Bonfire Bride
    Hi Bonfire Bride... the coincidences keep coming - our seller has offered us the wardrobes for free!! Haha. They don't have kids though so don't think they are you!

    Our searches came back yesterday, all passes. That's a weight off. What else will the solicitors be doing at the moment?
    Originally posted by nataliekatemese123

    How strange!!


    My solicitor advised that they don't do the searches until certain things have come back? I have a fear that our sellers are dragging their feet a little. I have emailed solicitor today asking what the chances are of us complting before 19th November....If we are not in by Christmas, I will be gutted.


    Wow Glentoran - that is shocking. Hope everything goes smoothly from here on.
    Mummy to 2 little boys
    House on the market for 19 months ....SOLD!
    Natalie
    • Korra
    • By Korra 22nd Sep 16, 11:38 AM
    • 19 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    Korra
    Fingers and toes crossed for you...

    i will be refreshing this page constantly...


    In actual shock, estate agent phoned me, must be the first time they have ever phoned me without me chasing them first!!!

    Our buyer signing today at 3pm
    Originally posted by glentoran99
    2016: Hopefully be a FTB
    • Korra
    • By Korra 22nd Sep 16, 11:44 AM
    • 19 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    Korra
    Not much progress has been made since the 11th of August apart from receiving the fittings and contents form and getting a new mortgage offer in with a better rate.

    I don't know what my solicitors are doing and when I chase I don't get any updates apart from "I cannot allow exchange to happen until I have checked on searches" but she won't say where she is with the searches and if queries have been raised.

    I am currently renting and need to give 2 months notice so I would like an indication of time frames as work gets busier in December and annual leave is difficult to take. I also have half my holidays still to take before end of the year as I have been saving them for the house move.
    2016: Hopefully be a FTB
    • Levs01
    • By Levs01 22nd Sep 16, 12:00 PM
    • 67 Posts
    • 57 Thanks
    Levs01
    In actual shock, estate agent phoned me, must be the first time they have ever phoned me without me chasing them first!!!

    Our buyer signing today at 3pm
    Originally posted by glentoran99

    Marvellous news. Can't wait for your update later!!
    • Levs01
    • By Levs01 22nd Sep 16, 12:02 PM
    • 67 Posts
    • 57 Thanks
    Levs01
    How strange!!


    My solicitor advised that they don't do the searches until certain things have come back? I have a fear that our sellers are dragging their feet a little. I have emailed solicitor today asking what the chances are of us complting before 19th November....If we are not in by Christmas, I will be gutted.
    Originally posted by Bonfire Bride

    They have to have the draft contract from your vendors solicitor before they can start searches. I don't think they need anything else.
    • Levs01
    • By Levs01 22nd Sep 16, 12:09 PM
    • 67 Posts
    • 57 Thanks
    Levs01
    We got our formal mortgage offer today. Really chuffed. Gonna chase the solicitor up this afternoon to see where we are with the searches.
    • Bonfire Bride
    • By Bonfire Bride 22nd Sep 16, 1:14 PM
    • 431 Posts
    • 527 Thanks
    Bonfire Bride
    They have to have the draft contract from your vendors solicitor before they can start searches. I don't think they need anything else.
    Originally posted by Levs01

    Congrats on the mortgage!


    What is the draft contract? Is it the initial forms that are completed along with fixtures/fittings etc?


    They have advised that the solicitor has raised some queries with the vendors solicitors so I'm guessing they have received SOMETHING from the vendors?


    last email received states: "With regards to your purchase, we are still waiting to receive the balance of the contract pack. We do not usually carry out searches until we receive the full contract pack and we can go through it prior to searches"
    Mummy to 2 little boys
    House on the market for 19 months ....SOLD!
    Natalie
    • Murray87
    • By Murray87 22nd Sep 16, 1:25 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Murray87
    Really frustrated at the moment, checking emails every five minutes at work and it's doing my head in! Conveyancer (Developer recommended - Yes I know!!! - Never again!) contacted us after ignoring emails for the best part of 2 weeks (Nothing out of the ordinary with them!) saying the developer was ready to exchange and to transfer the deposit money into their account. This was late on Friday 2 weeks ago but went ahead and sent it anyway. They actually got it last Tuesday and we were told we would exchange that day. Got to Friday last week and was told there was a missing 'document' and they should receive it Monday this week to exchange. Now Thursday and we're told the 'document' hasn't been received yet and they will let us know when it is! It's so nerve racking, I just don't know why they thought they were in a position to exchange 13 days ago and now it comes to light they're not even ready, and can't tell us when they will be. Is this normal?
    • Levs01
    • By Levs01 22nd Sep 16, 2:11 PM
    • 67 Posts
    • 57 Thanks
    Levs01
    Congrats on the mortgage!


    What is the draft contract? Is it the initial forms that are completed along with fixtures/fittings etc?


    They have advised that the solicitor has raised some queries with the vendors solicitors so I'm guessing they have received SOMETHING from the vendors?


    last email received states: "With regards to your purchase, we are still waiting to receive the balance of the contract pack. We do not usually carry out searches until we receive the full contract pack and we can go through it prior to searches"
    Originally posted by Bonfire Bride
    Can you speak to your vendors EA and ask them when the remaining parts of the contract pack will be sent? Me, personally (as in 'just' what I would do) would be to ask your solicitor if they are able to start them with what they have. Its about £200 and you have to balance if you are willing to let that go should the sale fall through. We decided to avoid delays we would get started on them ASAP. I know our borough take 10 days to return searches but my mums took over 3 weeks.

    Although your survey isnt for another couple of weeks is it so you have a bit of time to spare anyway. Because we want to get in and get building work done straight away we've run everything concurrently so no delays.
    • whizzybee
    • By whizzybee 22nd Sep 16, 2:15 PM
    • 113 Posts
    • 361 Thanks
    whizzybee
    Just had an email to ask for the deposit! We are moving towards exchange! Whooppeee!
    Saving for a house deposit plus solicitors' fees and house surveys
    • abbey516
    • By abbey516 22nd Sep 16, 2:23 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    abbey516
    In actual shock, estate agent phoned me, must be the first time they have ever phoned me without me chasing them first!!!

    Our buyer signing today at 3pm
    Originally posted by glentoran99
    Thats great news like you we seem to have to do all the chasing. No news yet but we did give a ultimatum that if nothing is done before the the beginning of next week we will put house up for sale again. I really don't want to do this after so a long waiting. Not only that we have got rid of a lot of our furniture as we are down sizing and we have things put in boxes ready for our new house so looks a little messy at the moment. We signed for our sale and purchase back at the beginning of July so just waiting for her buyer .Don't know what the hold up is as he is a cash buyer with no survey or inquiries and searches were back the beginning of September .
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

187Posts Today

1,674Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • If you know you're bust you must declare it asap. So no firm ever says "yes we plan to go insolvent". So you never? https://t.co/w8aIKOqHzq

  • Some people misreading... it's NOT the rumours of insolvency of the Monarchy! Its Monarch airlines (again tho I've no idea of its validity)

  • Also re #monarchinsolvency rumours it's important to state Monarch are firmly denying it... https://t.co/N27MENRjY9

  • Follow Martin