Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MrUnhappy
    • By MrUnhappy 31st Mar 14, 11:04 AM
    • 34Posts
    • 2Thanks
    MrUnhappy
    Dodgy Pension Trustee
    • 31st Mar 14, 11:04 AM
    Dodgy Pension Trustee 31st Mar 14 at 11:04 AM
    In February 2013, I arranged to transfer two pension plans, one from HSBC and another from ReAssure that I had been paying in to, via an independent company called Green footprint Investments. After numerous calls to Green Footprint with regard to the relevant paperwork, they informed me that the retirement plans were being handled by a Mr Mark Harris of AC Management & Administration Ltd, part of Alexandra Chambers Ltd.

After numerous calls to Mr Harris, who for some strange reason will not take telephone calls and can only be contacted via email or by leaving a contact number so he can call you back, which he never does. In fact the only time Mr Harris actually called back was when I left a message saying that if he didn’t call me back before close of office the matter was being reported to The Serious Fraud Office.

Mr Harris then said he would post me the relevant paperwork that day, a week later I emailed Mr Harris as to where the documentation was, he stated, via email, it must have got lost in the post and he would email me a copy. One week later, still no paperwork, again emailed and the reply was that he had accidently emailed it to the wrong address.
    The next day, I received the “official documentation” via email. My 10 year old daughter could have knocked something up on her computer that was more convincing!!

Again I emailed Mr Harris stating that this was far from official documentation and that it was just an admission that he had received my money. The details are also incorrect as ReAssure had refused to release any monies to Mr Harris as he hadn’t returned the relevant information that they required before releasing the funds.

Another email, asking Mr Harris where the annual statement was, the reply, on the 12th February was that he was awaiting some information relating to an investment and also the tax position on the funds but would get one to me within 7 to 10 days time.

As of today, this statement has still not arrived and his response yet again, was that it must have been lost in the post but would get another one sent out or emailed.

Mr Harris has now ignored numerous requests from both myself and my authorized Financial Adviser to transfer the funds.

Mr Harris has been informed that I would take this action and would also report this matter to all relevant bodies including Action Fraud but still chooses to ignore my requests. In my opinion this is not the way a so called professional person acts and his actions raise the doubt as to whether or not he is in fact a qualified solicitor.
    Tried reporting him to the SRA, but surprise surprise, he is not regulated.
    Any advise would be most welcome
Page 9
    • gfplux
    • By gfplux 27th Feb 17, 8:09 AM
    • 3,035 Posts
    • 2,878 Thanks
    gfplux
    You seem to be somewhat of an expert on this.
    They have had to get all the records back from Harris - that in itself was a task and a half, as without the threat of legal action he did his usual ignoring people. Then once this had finally been achieved after many, many months they have to reconstruct them from the mess he made.
    It might take a minute if the records are up to date. That is not the case. One person is having to do this, and he has other work as well. I have had updates an communications regarding what is involved. I assume you have not.
    Perhaps they should have appointed you as the new trustee seeing as you appear to be such an expert.
    Originally posted by Davnik
    I am not an expert.
    But red flags are red flags.
    I am a Remainder. Brexiteers spent much of the last 40 years campaigning for Britain to leave the EU. I feel entitled to continue to say it will prove a bad move for Britain, I still hope it will not happen. In the 70's (when we joined) Britain was known as the sick man of Europe. (Source Wikipedia)
    • MrUnhappy
    • By MrUnhappy 11th May 17, 2:06 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    MrUnhappy
    It would appear that Harris is still trotting about his business and has finally managed to dissolve his company, why hasn't he been arrested??? A big thanks to the Government for issuing licenses to these fraudsters to obtain other people's money without their knowledge and do with it whatever they like.
    • Davnik
    • By Davnik 11th May 17, 7:49 PM
    • 70 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Davnik
    Could you show the evidence that he is still in business?
    • Davnik
    • By Davnik 14th May 17, 12:24 AM
    • 70 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Davnik
    Thought not.
    • MrUnhappy
    • By MrUnhappy 17th May 17, 10:27 AM
    • 34 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    MrUnhappy
    Description
    Data updated on: 12-05-2017

This particular firm is situated in Carmarthen under the ID 08049180. The company was registered in 2012. The office of this company is situated at The Gables Llangathen. The zip code for this address is SA32 8QD. This enterprise's is registered with SIC code 82990 meaning Other business support service activities not elsewhere classified. The most recent records were filed up to 2016-04-30 and the most current annual return was submitted on 2016-04-12. Ac Management And Administration Ltd has been a force to be reckoned with for 5 years now.
    Since 2012-04-27, this specific limited company has only been guided by one managing director: Mark Harris who has been supervising it for five years.
    Mr Mark Harris is the professional with significant control over this firm, owns over 3/4 of company shares. This professional (a British national born in 1971) was registered as a PSC and can be found at Llangathen, SA32 8QD, Carmarthen, Dyfed.
    • woolly_wombat
    • By woolly_wombat 17th May 17, 3:38 PM
    • 474 Posts
    • 277 Thanks
    woolly_wombat
    It would appear that Harris is still trotting about his business and has finally managed to dissolve his company
    Originally posted by MrUnhappy
    All attempts to dissolve the company appear to have been thwarted thus far:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08049180/filing-history

For details of how to object to the dissolution of a company:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/company-strike-off-dissolution-and-restoration/strike-off-dissolution-and-restoration

Previous Pensions Ombudsman's Determinations against this dodgy individual/organisation:

https://www.pensions-ombudsman.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/PO-7428.pdf

https://www.pensions-ombudsman.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/PO-8129.pdf
    • Davnik
    • By Davnik 18th May 17, 12:46 AM
    • 70 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Davnik
    Harris might still be in business (whatever that may be), but I am pretty certain that he has lost control of our money. Hopefully there is still a good chance he will also be brought to account. Fraud cases do take a very long time.
    • woolly_wombat
    • By woolly_wombat 18th May 17, 12:20 PM
    • 474 Posts
    • 277 Thanks
    woolly_wombat
    Hopefully there is still a good chance he will also be brought to account. Fraud cases do take a very long time.
    Originally posted by Davnik
    Hopefully the fact that he has been unable to close down his shoddy enterprise means that he's on someone's radar.

Good luck.
    • Davnik
    • By Davnik 26th May 17, 4:17 PM
    • 70 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Davnik
    Let's hope Total Wealth Solutions and other dodgy 'independent' advisors are also made to pay up for their shoddy advice.
    • Davnik
    • By Davnik 7th Jun 17, 6:02 AM
    • 70 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Davnik
    What a surprise - Total Wealth Solutions have now gone into liquidation.
    I suppose this means they will avoid paying any compensation they owe.
    Doubtless, rather than being made to pay for their shoddy practice, they will then start trading under another name some time in the future.
    • Davnik
    • By Davnik 7th Jul 17, 12:32 PM
    • 70 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Davnik
    Hopefully we are now less than 6 months away from this whole sorry saga being finally resolved. Hopefully it will eventually turn out well for the majority of us.
    It has been a long, stressful and uncertain road.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

118Posts Today

1,563Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin