Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    TazFrank1
    ERUDIO student loans help
    • 16th Mar 14, 10:32 PM
    ERUDIO student loans help 16th Mar 14 at 10:32 PM
    HI,

My student loan has recently been sold to erudio student loans company. I currently defer my loan as I am below the salary threshold to pay it back. The letter states that erudio will supply details of my loan to credit rating agencies, something that has never been done before. There have never been any details of my student loan on my credit file. Will this adversely effect my credit score?? I know I am right to defer as I do not earn enough to start paying it back, however, I am worried that a 10k student loan debt that has not been paid off can only be a bad thing for my credit score

thanks
Page 301
    • BobbyD123
    • By BobbyD123 15th Mar 17, 2:30 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    BobbyD123
    Does anyone have a history of the earnings thresholds since Erudio bought the loans. I need to file a complaint with the FOS and prove my earnings history against the limits.
    Thanks in advance.
    • CakeCrusader
    • By CakeCrusader 15th Mar 17, 2:45 PM
    • 356 Posts
    • 161 Thanks
    CakeCrusader
    You need to check the wording carefully, as there is no such thing as "maturing" of these loans. They might have defaulted you for not paying since 2014, but they don't mature.
    Originally posted by Lungboy
    They told me that my loan had 'matured', I have this in a letter, and they wanted the payment in full (until I pointed out that it was statute barred).
    • Lungboy
    • By Lungboy 15th Mar 17, 3:09 PM
    • 1,077 Posts
    • 1,033 Thanks
    Lungboy
    They told me that my loan had 'matured', I have this in a letter, and they wanted the payment in full (until I pointed out that it was statute barred).
    Originally posted by CakeCrusader
    Yeah, they say that to lots of people. It's nonsense.
    • Leebradydaniels
    • By Leebradydaniels 15th Mar 17, 3:24 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Leebradydaniels
    Hi, received 2 letters through the post this morning relating to loan sold off to Erudio from a course I took in 1996

Both are County Court Business Centre Claim Forms, which is rather worrying. At first I thought they were just another of Erudio's scam tactics to try and extort the full-amount from me. I have deferred before. Either way, a few months ago I received a very aggressive letter from them demanding money which I regrettably ignored.

Now I've received these, can anyone advise me on what to do. As I said, at first I thought they were fabricated by Erudio... (no official stamp, scan code on county court document)

I'm willing to fight against them and dispute the amount they are claiming.

My question is how serious is this erudio CC claim form will the court award them the money despite their shady reputation and buying the debt for 10% of its value, allowing erudio to purge my still meagre salary £14K with some kind of debt recovery plan...
    shouldn't have let it get this far, just wondering what options are and whether I Erudio will pursue further...

Thanks for any help/replies
    • Lolalou76
    • By Lolalou76 15th Mar 17, 4:02 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Lolalou76
    Call debt line or Step Change asap to get them to advise you asap as you don't have much time. They will advise you what to do if you can I would get a solicitor. good Luck, Im in the same boat so know how stressful it it! x
    • Lolalou76
    • By Lolalou76 15th Mar 17, 4:04 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Lolalou76
    Btw no the court wont make you pay more than you can afford, if its gets to that. Usually CCJ payments are much less then you would pay to a DCA.

But you need to see if Erudio have all your info so file an Aknowlegment of Service (in your claim forms) to give you more time. Request the Credit agreement from Erudio also.

x
    • huckster
    • By huckster 16th Mar 17, 10:13 AM
    • 3,007 Posts
    • 1,257 Thanks
    huckster
    Suggest that you look at Consumer Action Groups website for other people in the same position and if you register you can get advice ablut steps you should be taking.
    • erudioed
    • By erudioed 19th Mar 17, 8:46 PM
    • 629 Posts
    • 919 Thanks
    erudioed
    The DAFs are already a week late by my maths. It looks like they are in the process of getting away with it yet again for the 3rd successive year.
    Last edited by erudioed; 19-03-2017 at 8:48 PM.
    • plong979
    • By plong979 20th Mar 17, 10:08 AM
    • 103 Posts
    • 175 Thanks
    plong979
    The DAFs are already a week late by my maths. It looks like they are in the process of getting away with it yet again for the 3rd successive year.
    Originally posted by erudioed
    they'll continue to get away with it forever.
    • erudioed
    • By erudioed 20th Mar 17, 12:20 PM
    • 629 Posts
    • 919 Thanks
    erudioed
    indeed, a week late and not one post about it!
    • martybhoy79
    • By martybhoy79 20th Mar 17, 4:00 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    martybhoy79
    Hi folks new to site so sorry if already asked but i have heard that capquest / erudio are no longer allowing you to use pension salary sacrifice figures for your deferral income and claim it is a deduction ? all my other deductions start after my self sacrifice amount ? all they allowed to change terms of loan ? my p60 will show i earn less than thresold but if capquest include pension self sacrifice i will be over ?

nb i have older pre 98 style loans
    • erudioed
    • By erudioed 24th Mar 17, 7:01 AM
    • 629 Posts
    • 919 Thanks
    erudioed
    I'm hearing reports some DAFs have started arriving. Can anyone verify this? With the distinct lack of interest this year, i am assuming many have decided to enrol on the portal.
    • gardenia101
    • By gardenia101 24th Mar 17, 12:09 PM
    • 578 Posts
    • 2,802 Thanks
    gardenia101
    I'm hearing reports some DAFs have started arriving. Can anyone verify this? With the distinct lack of interest this year, i am assuming many have decided to enrol on the portal.
    Originally posted by erudioed
    My deferment isn't up until the end of June or July so I wouldn't expect to receive mine now. Will dig out my paperwork & mark my calendar 8 weeks before it ends as I have a hunch this year's deferment may not run smoothly

Can't believe how long this sorry process has been allowed to continue.
    And I find that looking back at you gives a better view, a better view...
    • martybhoy79
    • By martybhoy79 27th Mar 17, 10:15 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    martybhoy79
    DAF's arrived
    got my DAF form on Friday got my first of many txt's asking me to use portal on 21st Feb though quite a difference, the fact they were so persistent about using portal put me right off it
    • Lungboy
    • By Lungboy 27th Mar 17, 11:17 AM
    • 1,077 Posts
    • 1,033 Thanks
    Lungboy
    I'm not surprised they are heavily pushing the portal, it's another way for them to get people to agree their T&Cs without realising.
    • AlexBarret
    • By AlexBarret 28th Mar 17, 8:13 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    AlexBarret
    I agree, it can only be a bad thing for your credit score.( Oops.
    • plong979
    • By plong979 29th Mar 17, 10:26 AM
    • 103 Posts
    • 175 Thanks
    plong979
    i know i won't get a DAF as may account is now being "managed" by crapquest. Didn't get one last year, even when it wasn't and I was in dispute with erudio over their daf.

Still got a reminder set so I remember to send erudio my evidence that I am once again under the threshold. So if they do try to take me to court I've got evidence that I've applied every year and it's them who are being unreasonable, though since they are a DCA it's not surprising.
    • Lungboy
    • By Lungboy 1st Apr 17, 9:19 AM
    • 1,077 Posts
    • 1,033 Thanks
    Lungboy
    I'm not surprised they are heavily pushing the portal, it's another way for them to get people to agree their T&Cs without realising.
    Surprise surprise, I've had an email from Erudio saying to defer online (even though I have a note on my account saying I will only deal with them by post) buy no deferment pack.
    • GinOClock
    • By GinOClock 1st Apr 17, 10:38 AM
    • 100 Posts
    • 327 Thanks
    GinOClock
    I gather Gary Burns is no longer senior operations manager at Erudio/Capquest and has been replaced by Andrea McCready. I've noticed the person that deals with Erudio complaints has also been changed.
    • randomfandom
    • By randomfandom 1st Apr 17, 11:54 AM
    • 33 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    randomfandom
    I've skimmed the last few pages of this thread, but can't see anything specific, so what are the issues with using the portal? Does using it actually change the Terms and Conditions of the original loan agreement?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,777Posts Today

8,439Users online

Martin's Twitter