Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ms-Money-Penny
    • By Ms-Money-Penny 29th Apr 05, 7:02 AM
    • 1,593Posts
    • 12,812Thanks
    Ms-Money-Penny
    Argos Returns - Bid On A Pallet Load
    • 29th Apr 05, 7:02 AM
    Argos Returns - Bid On A Pallet Load 29th Apr 05 at 7:02 AM
    Sorry if this has been posted before just noticed this

Register with Argos and bid on customer returns at their distribution HQ at Daventry, Northants.

Argos staff will load pallet(s) on your vehicle - best to have a van I think.

Handy if you live local

www.argosclearance.co.uk

Thanks to the poster on a.n.other forum
Page 1
    • ceanth
    • By ceanth 30th Apr 05, 11:49 PM
    • 109 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    ceanth
    • 30th Apr 05, 11:49 PM
    • 30th Apr 05, 11:49 PM
    dont live local to it but might be handy, signed up waiting to be "considered", many thanks for the info
  • Scarlet Fever
    • 11th May 05, 4:11 PM
    • 11th May 05, 4:11 PM
    i dont live anywhere near this - but have a friend who will travel - do this happen anywhere else in the country???? like sussex????
    Willow: I knew it, I knew it, well not in the sense of having the slightest idea, but I knew there was something I didn't know!
    • zodiac
    • By zodiac 13th May 05, 8:02 AM
    • 1,236 Posts
    • 170 Thanks
    zodiac
    • 13th May 05, 8:02 AM
    • 13th May 05, 8:02 AM
    Im being 'considered', would it had been better if I had put a company name in as well?
  • billybob05
    • 14th May 05, 7:15 PM
    Be Carefull
    • 14th May 05, 7:15 PM
    Just a word of caution. It may be possible to get some great bargains but do your research. You can download the items on each palet as an excell document and I have found more often than not the returns are:
    a: no longer available on the web or through argos
    b: with a sky high retail value eg 64meg memory sticks with an rrp of £34.99 when nowadays you can easily pick them up for a fiver.
    c: stock that is still on argos.com at a much reduced price.
    d: some stock -b which could be well used and scratched
    e: old technology which is going to be hard to sell on.

Just saying do your research, I've been involved in electrical retail for many years, got quite excited about the site and have done my homework and not found an auction where I could be sure to make a profit. I'm just worried novices will bid £1000s and not be able to re-coupe their investment.
  • Spikey
    • 14th May 05, 7:28 PM
    • 14th May 05, 7:28 PM
    Worth a go though isn't it....

Spikey
    Use your judgement, and above all, be honest with yourself.

I walk with the world & the world walks with me!

I don't make bad choices!!! Other people just fail to see my GENIUS !!!!
  • billybob05
    • 14th May 05, 8:37 PM
    • 14th May 05, 8:37 PM
    Don't want to sound negative, just that there's alot of people selling electrical equipment on ebay and at car boots etc. It's a buyers market and I found (and I
    have sat for hours going through argos.com, finding cheap prices of listed stock on shopping comparison sites and finding the lowest prices things sell for on ebay and on about 15 different auctions I would stuggle to make a profit.
    • Nex0
    • By Nex0 29th May 05, 1:58 PM
    • 821 Posts
    • 345 Thanks
    Nex0
    • 29th May 05, 1:58 PM
    • 29th May 05, 1:58 PM
    If it makes you feel any better I cant enough stuff together at the moment to make the b+ and b- pallets as there litrally flying out of the racking
  • jockettuk
    • 29th May 05, 2:16 PM
    • 29th May 05, 2:16 PM
    my mate is a delivery/pick up returns driver for argos and the other day he picked up a leather suite that was to big for the ladys house.. this is classed now as a return and goes to the auction. he has picked up tellys .dvds. computers etc.. some because the colour not right . some because it clashes with the other furniture etc.. yes he has also picked up a sandwich toaster that was non stick etc etc. so if you have the money the time and the space then i would say go for it ..
    Those we love don't go away,They walk beside us every day,Unseen, unheard, but always near,
    Still loved, still missed and very dear
    Our thoughts are ever with you,Though you have passed away.And those who loved you dearly,
    Are thinking of you today.
    • Roger_Rampant
    • By Roger_Rampant 29th May 05, 2:51 PM
    • 3,109 Posts
    • 26,599 Thanks
    Roger_Rampant
    Im being 'considered', would it had been better if I had put a company name in as well?
    By using this website you confirm that you are doing so in the course of business and not as a consumer and have authority to bind any business on whose behalf you use this website.
    Thanks to all who post constructively.
    H
    ave an A1 day!
  • Chatterbox
    Gulp....I was a private buyer! Will I get in to trouble?
  • before hollywood
    Gulp....I was a private buyer! Will I get in to trouble?
    by Chatterbox
    it's probably so they don't have any old member of joe public stumbling accross the site and returning the stuff to a local store if they don't like it. :confused:
    things arent the way they were before, you wouldnt even recognise me anymore- not that you knew me back then
    BH is my best mate too, its ok

I trust BH even if he's from Manchester..
    Originally posted by MercilessKiller
    all your base are belong to us
    • Xeorix
    • By Xeorix 18th Mar 07, 5:15 PM
    • 377 Posts
    • 285 Thanks
    Xeorix
    God Damit, I Paid £1.50 for this information. How stupid of me! BTW what do these pallets go for on average???
    Cashback
    Total Quidco since 2007: £166.64
    Total TCB since 2012: £398

Competition Wins
    5* Break in Scotland
  • dmg24
    GregHesp,

Links are not allowed in signatures.
  • ptyks
    God Damit, I Paid £1.50 for this information. How stupid of me! BTW what do these pallets go for on average???
    Originally posted by GregHesp
    Hope my words might make you feel better. I also paid for this and found out that this site is not for me as a normal consumer.
  • PeteHerts
    Does anyone know if the stuff comes with warranties or not please?
    Always looking for a bargain and to help
  • blue_monkey
    I use to have a market stall and there were 2 people with stalls on there selling ex-argos stuff. A lot of it used to go in the skip. When I first started I used to buy bits an bobs but most of it would be broken when I got home if it was boxed. Not everything is of course but as a business you have to have a returns policy - because a lot of people would just bin it from a market it would not matter but selling it on eBay people would expect their money back if it was damaged or faulty. This stuff can also be bought on Gemswholesale!
  • waster

Register with Argos and bid on customer returns at their distribution HQ at Daventry, Northants.

Argos staff will load pallet(s) on your vehicle - best to have a van I think.

Handy if you live local

Originally posted by Ms-Money-Penny
    On their site is says:

Once the payment transaction has been approved Argos Clearance will send an email confirming the arrival of the payment in the Argos account and include a unique delivery note number and who to contact to arrange a collection slot. Collection will be from an Argos Distribution centre. The collection warehouse will generally be Burton on Trent DE13 8BX.
  • dc
    At last the reason why most RO bargains always seem to be available at the Burton shop.
    ac's lovechild
    • deanos
    • By deanos 30th Mar 07, 2:48 PM
    • 10,720 Posts
    • 5,510 Thanks
    deanos
    Does anyone know if the stuff comes with warranties or not please?
    Originally posted by PeteHerts
    No warranties its all sold as seen
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,191Posts Today

7,819Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin