Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 7th Mar 14, 2:58 PM
    • 12,310Posts
    • 39,413Thanks
    sarah1972
    0 WOW
    Shop & Scan
    • 7th Mar 14, 2:58 PM
    0 WOW
    Shop & Scan 7th Mar 14 at 2:58 PM
    As the Shop and Scan thread is getting long now and people are asking for referrals I thought it was about time for a new thread. Old thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=321950

Please note that registration is by invite only but you can register your interest in joining the panel here www.volunteer4panels.com

How it works

What we ask you to do
    Scanning in your shopping

Every time you or anyone else in your household buys something which is brought back home, please scan.

We also ask you to provide us with an image of your till receipt whenever you make a shopping trip. The best way to do so is by scanning the receipt with a flatbed/copy scanner. If you do not have one then you can take a photo using a digital camera instead.

At the end of EACH week please remember to transmit your barcodes and upload your till receipts...

Connect the Clicker to your PC
    Visit www.shopandscan.com
    Click on Transmit your Barcodes
    Clicker and Lead Arrow Address Bar Arrow Transmit Button
    After transmitting your barcodes please also Submit your Till Receipts.

Your weekly reward points will then be added to your Reward Account on the following Monday.

What we offer in return

Reward Points

As thanks for your participation, we will enrol you in our Reward Points Programme as soon as you register with us.
    We will regularly credit your account with points in exchange for your continued participation in the ShopandScan survey.
    You can review you balance at any time by logging into your Reward Account.

As soon as you have enough points, you may redeem them for any vouchers from the wide selection available.

Or you can accumulate your points for even greater rewards... the choice is yours.

Membership is free for you... there are no hidden costs associated with redemption of your Reward Points.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Page 20
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 18th Feb 17, 11:07 PM
    • 1,673 Posts
    • 660 Thanks
    paul2louise
    Your allowed up to midnight Monday if unable to submit your scanner for the week; however, receipts are to be received by midnight Sunday.
    Originally posted by Junier
    Thanks. I think I got a second chance once before. I have sent them a message. Been charging the clicker for a few hours and no change. Probably need a new one or maybe new battery.
    Don't want to get kicked off. Nearly did when I was a new mum and wasn't doing much shopping myself. They threatened to close my account as I wasn't scanning and uploading enough.
    • Junier
    • By Junier 18th Feb 17, 11:58 PM
    • 291 Posts
    • 99 Thanks
    Junier
    Thanks. I think I got a second chance once before. I have sent them a message. Been charging the clicker for a few hours and no change. Probably need a new one or maybe new battery.
    Don't want to get kicked off. Nearly did when I was a new mum and wasn't doing much shopping myself. They threatened to close my account as I wasn't scanning and uploading enough.
    Originally posted by paul2louise
    The new scanner doesn't use a battery, it could be that it might need resetting, try pressing and holding down the smaller button towards the rear of the scanner see if that helps as it appears to be a reset button.
    Last edited by Junier; 21-02-2017 at 3:29 AM.
    • Junier
    • By Junier 11th Mar 17, 5:14 PM
    • 291 Posts
    • 99 Thanks
    Junier
    Has anyone on the shop and scan panel ever been asked to send a photo of a product?

I have recently received this

"We need your help! You have recently scanned a product and we require more information on this item. We appreciate you taking the time to help, so in turn we will award you 200 points.
    What We Would Like You To Do
    We would like you to take two or three pictures of the product and upload them to us via the link below. The images should include:
    • The front of the product including the product name
    • The size of the pack
    • Nutritional information, if available
    • The barcode

There are full instructions and example images on the website. Please do not send the images as a reply to this email."

I received 200 points as per the email stated

Just wondered if anyone else has encountered this request!!

The Points appear as "Project radar" on the statment
    Last edited by Junier; 11-03-2017 at 5:23 PM.
    • London50
    • By London50 11th Mar 17, 9:08 PM
    • 1,502 Posts
    • 1,421 Thanks
    London50
    Has anyone on the shop and scan panel ever been asked to send a photo of a product?

"We need your help! You have recently scanned a product and we require more information on this item. We appreciate you taking the time to help, so in turn we will award you 200 points.
    We would like you to take two or three pictures of the product and upload them to us via the link below. The images should include:
    • The size of the pack
    • The barcode

There are full instructions and example images on the website. Please do not send the images as a reply to this email."

Not exactly the same but we have been requested to give extra info re a few barcodes in the past and were rewarded for giving it
    • redagila
    • By redagila 12th Mar 17, 9:42 AM
    • 4,451 Posts
    • 14,694 Thanks
    redagila

• The size of the pack
    • The barcode

I received a similar email last week. Whoever was inputting data at their end had entered an incorrect product - same make of sweets but had selected a jar instead of a packet!!
    • Junier
    • By Junier 12th Mar 17, 2:34 PM
    • 291 Posts
    • 99 Thanks
    Junier
    I received a similar email last week. Whoever was inputting data at their end had entered an incorrect product - same make of sweets but had selected a jar instead of a packet!!
    Originally posted by redagila
    My request was they wanted images of a bottle of wine from the offy purchased on a recent shopping trip.
    • redagila
    • By redagila 21st Mar 17, 5:37 PM
    • 4,451 Posts
    • 14,694 Thanks
    redagila
    I have just received an invite to do a week long survey similar to the food diary but this time recording what food you throw away. Looks easy & interesting and pays 10000 points if you do it all week.
    • tboo
    • By tboo 21st Mar 17, 8:08 PM
    • 468 Posts
    • 1,497 Thanks
    tboo

• The size of the pack
    • The barcode

I've had 2 of these before - a packet of salad leaves and a gel freshener, assumed they were for the retailer or something like that,
    200 points not to be sniffed at though

----------------------------------------------------------
    “Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely.”
    ----------------------------------------------
    • girlchops
    • By girlchops 24th Apr 17, 10:19 PM
    • 128 Posts
    • 1,636 Thanks
    girlchops
    Amazon e-codes
    Has anyone on here known shop and scan rewards to run out of Amazon e-codes? I'm just wondering if they've actually stopped them rather than run out. Any info much appreciated.
    TIA
    • London50
    • By London50 24th Apr 17, 10:26 PM
    • 1,502 Posts
    • 1,421 Thanks
    London50
    They run out on a regular basis, give it a few days and they SHOULD be back on the website :0)
    • xsunnysuex
    • By xsunnysuex 27th Apr 17, 11:50 AM
    • 543 Posts
    • 1,761 Thanks
    xsunnysuex
    Amazon E codes are back in stock. I'd grab them quick if I were you. They were out of stock quite a while this time. So may go quick.
    • aardvaak
    • By aardvaak 16th May 17, 8:53 PM
    • 4,044 Posts
    • 1,788 Thanks
    aardvaak
    Is anyone else getting fed up with the clickers working slowly.
    I am now on my third and still they take an age to bleep
    • London50
    • By London50 16th May 17, 11:11 PM
    • 1,502 Posts
    • 1,421 Thanks
    London50
    Is anyone else getting fed up with the clickers working slowly.
    I am now on my third and still they take an age to bleep
    Originally posted by aardvaak
    You must be unlucky {or I am very lucky}. I joined in Feb 2011 and am still using {without any problems} the same clicker.
    • judexx
    • By judexx 17th May 17, 11:03 AM
    • 428 Posts
    • 800 Thanks
    judexx
    You must be unlucky {or I am very lucky}. I joined in Feb 2011 and am still using {without any problems} the same clicker.
    Originally posted by London50
    I'm the same - mine's over 5 years old - and still works fine, at least it does as long as I remember to clean the lens from time to time
    • aardvaak
    • By aardvaak 17th May 17, 7:44 PM
    • 4,044 Posts
    • 1,788 Thanks
    aardvaak
    I'm the same - mine's over 5 years old - and still works fine, at least it does as long as I remember to clean the lens from time to time
    Originally posted by judexx
    I have cleaned the lens many times
    • ciderboy2009
    • By ciderboy2009 20th May 17, 9:57 AM
    • 262 Posts
    • 231 Thanks
    ciderboy2009
    Is anybody else having problems uploading today?
    I keep getting a message about an internal server error.
    • Farway
    • By Farway 20th May 17, 2:37 PM
    • 5,383 Posts
    • 6,216 Thanks
    Farway
    Is anybody else having problems uploading today?
    I keep getting a message about an internal server error.
    Originally posted by ciderboy2009
    Same here, was not working yesterday PM either

At least they seem aware of it by putting up the error message, so no points lost I assume
    • margaret7
    • By margaret7 20th May 17, 2:51 PM
    • 74 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    margaret7
    This message is onsite
    Server Problem
    16900 Unfortunately there has been a problem with our server and it is not possible to continue at this time.
    We're sorry for any inconvenience.
    Please try again in a few hours.
    If the problem persists please contact the help desk on the freephone number 08085 560 152 or via email at helpdesk@shopandscan.com.
    • margaret7
    • By margaret7 20th May 17, 5:56 PM
    • 74 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    margaret7
    Working for me just now.
    • ciderboy2009
    • By ciderboy2009 20th May 17, 6:27 PM
    • 262 Posts
    • 231 Thanks
    ciderboy2009
    Working for me just now.
    Originally posted by margaret7
    Yup - I've managed to upload now as well
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

113Posts Today

1,510Users online

Martin's Twitter