Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 26th Feb 14, 12:56 PM
    • 29,627Posts
    • 15,711Thanks
    kingstreet
    The Broker Blues Thread
    • 26th Feb 14, 12:56 PM
    The Broker Blues Thread 26th Feb 14 at 12:56 PM
    Today, I've had a HTB - EL enquiry, I've had to turn down. He's got £200k deposit, wants to buy for £395k, but can't understand why he can't borrow £130k on a salary of £21k.

"Halifax has told me I can borrow £130k."

The HCA calculator says 6X income and 53% debt to income ratio is a non-starter, before I start on lender affordability.

Another wants to buy on shared ownership newbuild. IVA ended in 2011 and LTV too much for any lender but one which won't accept the IVA.

Finally, another shared ownership case, fits only one lender again and without six months employment they won't touch it.

Anyone else having a "plaiting sawdust" kind of day...?
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
Page 42
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 22nd Sep 16, 10:51 PM
    • 29,627 Posts
    • 15,711 Thanks
    kingstreet
    Esta noche es clase de Espanol de semana uno.

Me llamo Juan. Soy de Inglaterra. Me gusta Espana y estoy estudiando Espanol

Hasta manana amigos!
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • amnblog
    • By amnblog 23rd Sep 16, 7:51 AM
    • 8,632 Posts
    • 3,233 Thanks
    amnblog
    One of our major builders offered us a new additional site in a prime location in return for us waiving the fees they used to pay, £250 per case.

In some cases, their inability to honour a build end-date is resulting in us losing money on the actual mortgage.

It was just weird being sent the same Halifax advert on the same day though. It's as if Halifax has set out to increase its costs by £500 a case.
    Originally posted by kingstreet
    This is one of my bug bears.

The solicitors charge what suits their business model
    The lenders charge what suits their business model
    The builders charge what suits their business model

Everyone has an issue about what brokers charge
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,366Posts Today

7,323Users online

Martin's Twitter