Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gettingready
    • By gettingready 21st Feb 14, 11:58 AM
    • 10,860Posts
    • 16,223Thanks
    gettingready
    Markus Muhle dog food - any opinions?
    • 21st Feb 14, 11:58 AM
    Markus Muhle dog food - any opinions? 21st Feb 14 at 11:58 AM
    Never seen this one before - any feeds this to their dogs?

Any opinions on ingridients?

very good reviews but - aeperts on here care to comment on quality?

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/dry_dog_food/markus_muehle/401113

Thanks a lot
Page 2
  • WeLoveDogs
    I've been feeding my dog Markus Muhle Naturnah since she was weened - and she loves it. She's a picture of health, shiny coat, rarely a squidgy poo and great teeth. I researched at length beforehand, as I didnt want to keep switching for her sake... great dog food comparision sites out there eg allaboutdogfood.com. It is a cold pressed food, so nutrients are not lost and excellent value for money. It was a great decision.
    • Cuilean
    • By Cuilean 21st Oct 14, 9:48 PM
    • 656 Posts
    • 1,297 Thanks
    Cuilean
    I've got a beagle with pancreatitis, and we have to be really careful with what we feed her. Cold pressed, instead of heat extruded like other kibbles, really appealed to me as something she might benefit from. When we went to Scampers (Pet shop, only stocking the ethical brands) last year, they had samples of all their foods on a little picnic table and tried their own cold-pressed food ("Gentle"), which she loved.

We bought a bag of the Markus Muhle Naturenah, but she was not impressed. We mixed it in with her old kibble, and she managed to pick out the other stuff, but left the Naturenah, or would even just walk away from her food bowl, which is very un-beagle behaviour.

Back on Barking Heads grain-free and BARF now. The dog eats better than we do
    © Cuilean 2005. Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.
  • Sherlock99
    I love it
    Fantastic healthy and no sensitivity reactions as from Nature Diet (hair falling out, scabby itchy rash) smells good, coat healthy thick and shiny, good teeth eyes gums etc, amazing value from bitiba, way cheaper than any else I can find and 2-3 day delivery, just ordered the black angus adult dog stuff for a change from the regular one (green bag with sunflower). Pooch loves it and gets a good crunch on and can;t wolf it down too fast.

• tigger69
    • By tigger69 28th Dec 16, 8:28 AM
    • 37 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    tigger69
    We have two Keeshonden, both of which are fed on Markus Muhle black angus which is absolutely fantastic for them, I've never tried the Naturenah variety because after having a GSD with allergies I stay away from Maize just for my own peace of mind so can't comment on that variety. The one thing you do need to be aware of with MM is feeding amounts, it's easy to overfeed because of the size/density of the kibble so weighing the food is essential as is monitoring your dogs weight. I order a 15kg bag from Zooplus which lasts over a month for my two. When we first got our two they were both on a supposed premium kibble, our girl farted like a trooper and could quite easily clear a show ring never mind our house, once we switched them both over, no more stinky problems. Both have good firm poops twice a day, no upset tummys or loose stools, our breeder constantly compliments the condition of there coats.
    • dogfoo
    • By dogfoo 18th Mar 17, 2:19 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dogfoo
    Excellent food, well rated on allaboutdogfood and by far the cheapest of the highly rated foods.

The food is in soft crumbly cylinders so is suitable for most sizes of dog. Our two mini poodles love it and have been on it for over two years.

Buy the 2×15kg pack of Naturnah from zooplus and you get free dpd delivery.
    • Pop Up Pirate
    • By Pop Up Pirate 19th Mar 17, 7:50 AM
    • 683 Posts
    • 1,833 Thanks
    Pop Up Pirate
    Ingredients.
    28% dried poultry meal, thermally treated whole grain rice, thermally treated whole grain maize, 8% game tripe meal, rice germs, Jerusalem artichoke meal, 5% sea fish meal, dried beetroot meal, cold pressed linseed oil, cold pressed rapeseed oil, 2% egg yolk, dried peat, fruit powder (combination of carobs, pineapples, papayas, bananas, acerola cherries, apples, pears, blueberries, mangos, raspberries), dried herb mixture, salmon oil, algae meal, dried Mojave yucca

Most of these dried foods contain stuff that shouldn't be given to a dog. Humans are passing on their own bad diets to their animals now.
    Meat, bones, veggies are enough for a dog and they definitely don't need grains or fruit of any kind.
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 23rd Mar 17, 8:06 PM
    • 23,074 Posts
    • 89,167 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    Ingredients.
    28% dried poultry meal, thermally treated whole grain rice, thermally treated whole grain maize, 8% game tripe meal, rice germs, Jerusalem artichoke meal, 5% sea fish meal, dried beetroot meal, cold pressed linseed oil, cold pressed rapeseed oil, 2% egg yolk, dried peat, fruit powder (combination of carobs, pineapples, papayas, bananas, acerola cherries, apples, pears, blueberries, mangos, raspberries), dried herb mixture, salmon oil, algae meal, dried Mojave yucca

Most of these dried foods contain stuff that shouldn't be given to a dog. Humans are passing on their own bad diets to their animals now.
    Meat, bones, veggies are enough for a dog and they definitely don't need grains or fruit of any kind.
    Originally posted by Pop Up Pirate
    Dried peat? Not exactly ecologically minded, for all the 'healthy' hype, then.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

138Posts Today

1,607Users online

Martin's Twitter