Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 2
    • scheissefuergehirn
    • By scheissefuergehirn 22nd May 15, 2:53 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    scheissefuergehirn
    Great report, but could you expand a little on why the 'explorer' package was not really optional? Presumably someone who had opted out could just pay for their own lunch (even at the same restaurant) and stay in the hotel while the optional trips were happening, or not?
    Originally posted by Voyager2002
    I can't speak for the other traveller but our plane load of tourists was split between 5 coaches, we got the hard sell for the "large package " but one coach was told that they had to take it. Two couples on our coach didn't take either package and paid entrance fees at some of the sites (some are free) and their evening meals. I took the small package (entrance fees to the sites and evening meals) I can't eat a three course meal every lunchtime and those that did eat them complained that they had the same lunch at every stop. Drinks are extra everywhere and are often expensive ,(even for water) the restaurants don't allow you to bring your own water from the coach.
    • JuneB
    • By JuneB 27th May 15, 2:43 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JuneB
    Many thanks for the information - really helpful! Do you have the option of missing the factory trips?
    • JuneB
    • By JuneB 30th Jun 15, 12:49 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JuneB
    CCancell
    Unfortunately, my friend and I have decided to cancel our forthcoming trip to Istanbul and Troy, etc. This decision has been taken reluctantly due to pressure from family members and concerns about the current situation in the Middle East. I'll be looking (probably with envy!) for reports from travellers following the trip in November.
    June
    • alanaplin
    • By alanaplin 8th Aug 15, 9:25 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    alanaplin
    RSD Factory Visits
    Many thanks for the information - really helpful! Do you have the option of missing the factory trips?
    Originally posted by JuneB
    No, you have to attend. After the tour/introduction the selling starts. We used to go outside or in the carpet factory found an empty room to sit in. Couldn't wander far from group as tour leader refused to tell us how long the visit would last!
    • oldangrybird
    • By oldangrybird 22nd Sep 15, 9:49 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    oldangrybird
    THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR COMMENTS. My husband & I have booked to go in January 2016. we have paid up front for the meals at 5* Hotel?? (£110 each) We are pensioners and we will be really careful not to be taken in, we certainly don't need a carpet, we are not expecting much, get what we paid for!!! We will certainly take our own teabags and a travel kettle, and make sure we are warm enough. We don't need 3 meals a day, we are grateful for all the tips. if we don't expect too much we won't be disappointed.....
    • poloc
    • By poloc 31st Oct 15, 3:01 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    poloc
    Anybody been on Istanbul/Troy cultural trip with RSD with "free" extra week in 5 star hotel in Turkler? I am going on 10th Nov and would appreciate any advice re extra packages. Thanks
    • SallyD
    • By SallyD 27th Apr 16, 9:34 AM
    • 1,009 Posts
    • 379 Thanks
    SallyD
    RSD Travel / Dubai and Malta ?

I cannot find any reviews on the above trips with RSD only heaps for the Turkey tours - has nobody been tempted?
    Last edited by SallyD; 28-04-2016 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Spelling
    SallyD
    • laurdan
    • By laurdan 21st Aug 16, 6:15 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    laurdan
    RSD Abu Dhabi & Dubai
    Hello Sally

I have just booked the above holiday with RSD Travel Ltd for February 2017. I too would appreciate any reports from anyone already taken this holiday
    • SallyD
    • By SallyD 21st Sep 16, 11:14 PM
    • 1,009 Posts
    • 379 Thanks
    SallyD
    Hi Lauren off to Dubai October 13th so will report back.
    SallyD
    • an1179
    • By an1179 18th Jan 17, 4:32 PM
    • 1,651 Posts
    • 16,156 Thanks
    an1179
    Got literature for Cyprus 8 day 5 star cultural tour any feed-back please?
    • jackymg
    • By jackymg 10th Feb 17, 11:49 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    jackymg
    Hi got the same question. Regarding the Cyprus one. Anyone?
    • bukko
    • By bukko 15th Jun 17, 10:29 AM
    • 126 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    bukko
    We're currently on the Abu-Dhabi/Dubai/Ajman trip.
    Same as most others, cheap initial trip and I guess they make their money from the excursions.
    None are compulsory; you could say the factory trips between locations kinda are, but these are free and you could always stay on the bus instead, and if not you don't have to buy anything (you WILL get ripped off), just leave most of your cash on the bus and ignore the hard sell.
    But, overall the entire trip is fantastic. We bought all the excursions and we're glad we did.
    • an1179
    • By an1179 17th Jun 17, 7:25 AM
    • 1,651 Posts
    • 16,156 Thanks
    an1179
    M sister and husband went on the Cyprus one - flight from Bham to Manchester then one wards through another airport took 12 hours plus to arrive. They purchased extra meal package. Food was basic, trips interesting - visit to carpet factory jewellery place etc with extortionate prices. Very full itinerary they enjoyed the holiday and said they would recommend it. The hotels were nice very good value for money she said
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,110Posts Today

7,669Users online

Martin's Twitter