Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
    • grumbler
    • By grumbler 18th Feb 14, 6:56 PM
    • 50,949 Posts
    • 21,495 Thanks
    grumbler
    • 18th Feb 14, 6:56 PM
    • 18th Feb 14, 6:56 PM
    Such warnings fall on deaf years.
    Like you, many people usually don't do any research before sending their loved mobiles to these or other cowboys that they never heard of before.

>> Add your feedback on MobileCashMate
    >> mobile cash mate

The first thread is the 5th result of Google search for "mobile cash mate".
    Last edited by grumbler; 18-02-2014 at 8:40 PM.
    We are born naked, wet and hungry...Then things get worse.

.withdrawal, NOT withdrawel ..bear with me, NOT bare with me
    .definitely, NOT definately ......separate, NOT seperate
    should have, NOT should of
    .....guaranteed, NOT guarenteed
  • Earthworm
    • 18th Feb 14, 8:13 PM
    • 18th Feb 14, 8:13 PM
    Was thinking exactly the same as Grumbler. A web search takes a few minutes and would have saved you a lot of hassle.
  • Tyro123
    • 10th Jul 14, 12:22 PM
    • 10th Jul 14, 12:22 PM
    I was going to second the comments here about Mobile Cash Mate as well. Try not to use them.

I sent them my Samsung Galaxy S and they promised good money for it but then I received an email saying that the handset was not in a good condition and they could not offer the amount they had promised.

I didn't mind getting paid less but it is the way they approach the whole situation. Once they had offered the low price, I had the right to remove my offer but then the put a very aggressive time limit on my decision making and if I didn't respond within that they would process the phone and send out a cheque for the reduced amount.

What's with rushing me to get a decision out of me, may be because the deal being offered is in their financial interest and not mine!

I withdrew my phone and ensured I leave my feed back here so other's can choose a better company.

Unfortunately I used the comparison result from MSE and chose them as they had the best offer. As we all trust MSE, it would be natural for one to assume that any companies in their results are ethical too but unfortunately on this occasion Mobile Cash Mate disappointed a lot!
  • Jakz58
    • 20th Mar 15, 1:05 PM
    MCM - Great decision
    • 20th Mar 15, 1:05 PM
    I had 16 old company phones to recycle and did a lot of researching for the best prices. MCM came out tops for most. I packaged them all up and sent them special delivery.

I know the quoted price is an 'up to' price and being a realist I get that there will always be bumps and scrapes on a work phone so I was very happy when MCM only reduced the whole batch by around £5. Once I'd accepted the reviewed quote the money was in the bank the very next day.

As I had a good experience with the work phones, I then went home and packaged up my personal ones too. Same speed, same result. Great service, great communications; I'll recommend and use this company again, any day.
    • dealer wins
    • By dealer wins 20th Mar 15, 3:03 PM
    • 5,597 Posts
    • 10,508 Thanks
    dealer wins
    • 20th Mar 15, 3:03 PM
    • 20th Mar 15, 3:03 PM
    I had 16 old company phones to recycle and did a lot of researching for the best prices. MCM came out tops for most. I packaged them all up and sent them special delivery.

I know the quoted price is an 'up to' price and being a realist I get that there will always be bumps and scrapes on a work phone so I was very happy when MCM only reduced the whole batch by around £5. Once I'd accepted the reviewed quote the money was in the bank the very next day.

As I had a good experience with the work phones, I then went home and packaged up my personal ones too. Same speed, same result. Great service, great communications; I'll recommend and use this company again, any day.
    Originally posted by Jakz58
    Another reason to avoid this company, SCAM SPAM SCAM SPAM
    All replies are super fluffy and nice, and newbies are so lovely and welcome. PPR never again!
    • MikeWhite
    • By MikeWhite 20th Mar 15, 3:11 PM
    • 444 Posts
    • 200 Thanks
    MikeWhite
    • 20th Mar 15, 3:11 PM
    • 20th Mar 15, 3:11 PM
    I sent 21,123 phones to them last week and they paid the agreed price for every one, honest!
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 20th Mar 15, 5:18 PM
    • 7,052 Posts
    • 2,147 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    • 20th Mar 15, 5:18 PM
    • 20th Mar 15, 5:18 PM
    You poor thing. They paid me three times more than was promised. They are Gods.
    • grumbler
    • By grumbler 20th Mar 15, 6:36 PM
    • 50,949 Posts
    • 21,495 Thanks
    grumbler
    • 20th Mar 15, 6:36 PM
    • 20th Mar 15, 6:36 PM
    "Jakz58" seems to be a popular alias of review-writers in the web.
    Call me cynic, but I guess all these 'reviews' were paid for.
    We are born naked, wet and hungry...Then things get worse.

.withdrawal, NOT withdrawel ..bear with me, NOT bare with me
    .definitely, NOT definately ......separate, NOT seperate
    should have, NOT should of
    .....guaranteed, NOT guarenteed
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 21st Mar 15, 1:00 AM
    • 23,290 Posts
    • 9,181 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    i wonder if they are linked to imend also?
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
  • EC413
    Sorry to see negatives posts about Mobile Cashmate. I recently used them to sell a Samsung Galaxy phone and a mini iPad and found them excellent. They offered a higher price than other sites I researched, and they processed the order and paid up quickly. I'd happily use them again.
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 23rd Apr 15, 5:13 PM
    • 7,052 Posts
    • 2,147 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    Ah... another rodent with a long, thin tail... or, in this case, tale.
    • dealer wins
    • By dealer wins 29th Apr 15, 11:45 PM
    • 5,597 Posts
    • 10,508 Thanks
    dealer wins
    agreed with earthworm and grumbler, personal care should be the utmost importance.
    Originally posted by Chris_Mackenzy
    WT actual F??
    All replies are super fluffy and nice, and newbies are so lovely and welcome. PPR never again!
    • marleyboy
    • By marleyboy 29th Apr 15, 11:59 PM
    • 14,806 Posts
    • 28,736 Thanks
    marleyboy
    I wouldn't use any of them personally. Its a business, who's sole aim is to MAKE money. I would use Ebay, where I can dictate the condition, price and sale. I have a better opportunity of making the maximum amount possible for my nearly new phone.
    1+1+1=1
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
    • charltonlaw
    • By charltonlaw 11th Mar 16, 4:43 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    charltonlaw
    con - go elsewhere
    they go high and then when you send the phone offer low and threaten a redelivery charge if you arent in to sign. All the other companies I have used have been great - Mobilecashmate are unpleasant cowboys
    • John Fisher
    • By John Fisher 5th Oct 16, 11:05 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    John Fisher
    Scam - use another company
    They offered me £400 for my iphone like several other companies, the phone was mint condition, sent it off and they claimed there were scratches which there weren't, I asked for phone back which they did return promptly which I then sent to another company Envirofone that gave me an agreed £380 with no issues, the price had dropped by £20 due to the delay of mobilecashmate.
    • Simon nelmes
    • By Simon nelmes 17th Oct 16, 11:42 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Simon nelmes
    Please do not ignore the bad comments on this company. I did to my detriment. They will never offer you the amount quoted. And you will end up paying for postage. There are companies like music magpie offering same amounts with great customer service. I would like to see a governing body shut companies like this down because it borders on criminal behaviour.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,523Posts Today

3,965Users online

Martin's Twitter