Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • essexgal
    • By essexgal 17th Feb 14, 3:55 PM
    • 2,211Posts
    • 16,386Thanks
    essexgal
    The Sewing Room (part 2)
    • 17th Feb 14, 3:55 PM
    The Sewing Room (part 2) 17th Feb 14 at 3:55 PM
    The old thread was getting rather cumbersome so we have been asked to start a new thread.

This thread continues on from the original thread here

essexgal
    old enough to know better, young enough not to care
Page 24
    • trix-a-belle
    • By trix-a-belle 21st Jan 17, 1:58 PM
    • 658 Posts
    • 2,889 Thanks
    trix-a-belle
    thanks Hester
    the quilt sounds a lovely project, perhaps you could do some dying of what you have to give some variety using naturally foraged or round the home things?
    - Mortgage: 53000 0! Mortgage Free!
    - Student Loan: 7100 0!
    Swagbucks, Neobux, GiffGaff, Roamler, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
    MFiT-T4
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 21st Jan 17, 4:39 PM
    • 8,878 Posts
    • 43,730 Thanks
    Mooloo
    thanks Hester
    the quilt sounds a lovely project, perhaps you could do some dying of what you have to give some variety using naturally foraged or round the home things?
    Originally posted by trix-a-belle
    That's a great idea!
    Or ask friends and family for any spare sheets past their best. Often the middle goes bobbly but all the edges are great resource
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
    • trix-a-belle
    • By trix-a-belle 17th Apr 17, 9:41 PM
    • 658 Posts
    • 2,889 Thanks
    trix-a-belle
    this weekend I have mostly been making curtains, & curtains, and more curtains for a camper, this followed the mountains of seat cushions that I was doing last week for it. pics when it gets finished which I hope it soon...
    Swagbucks, Neobux, GiffGaff, Roamler, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
    MFiT-T4
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 18th Apr 17, 8:01 AM
    • 8,878 Posts
    • 43,730 Thanks
    Mooloo
    this weekend I have mostly been making curtains, & curtains, and more curtains for a camper, this followed the mountains of seat cushions that I was doing last week for it. pics when it gets finished which I hope it soon...
    Originally posted by trix-a-belle
    I sympathise!
    I have been asked to do this several times in the past.
    The curtains are more tedious than anything but the cushions are usually all different sizes and so more awkward!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
    • trix-a-belle
    • By trix-a-belle 18th Apr 17, 9:30 AM
    • 658 Posts
    • 2,889 Thanks
    trix-a-belle
    I sympathise!
    I have been asked to do this several times in the past.
    The curtains are more tedious than anything but the cushions are usually all different sizes and so more awkward!
    Originally posted by Mooloo
    Definitely tedious but a necessary job in the semi partnership i'm in with a good friend for camper conversions, he brings the wood/metal working i'm bringing the soft furnishings.
    I'm getting somewhat nervous about whether the overhead track i've bought it actually going to be able to cope with the weight of the cab and door curtains :/
    MFiT-T4
    • givememoney
    • By givememoney 18th Apr 17, 3:13 PM
    • 956 Posts
    • 1,212 Thanks
    givememoney
    I bought some material to make DGD a dress. I bought too much so decided to try to get hold of a doll and make the doll a matching dress. Anyway the sort of doll I wanted e.g. one that stands up with hair no clothes is a thing of the past. All the dolls now seem to be theme types. I hunted ebay and charity shops with no luck. Then finally have got one off of ebay. Just what a want new, but vintage with shoes and pants only. The dress is made just need to do dolly's one once it arrives.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 18th Apr 17, 6:40 PM
    • 8,878 Posts
    • 43,730 Thanks
    Mooloo
    I bought some material to make DGD a dress. I bought too much so decided to try to get hold of a doll and make the doll a matching dress. Anyway the sort of doll I wanted e.g. one that stands up with hair no clothes is a thing of the past. All the dolls now seem to be theme types. I hunted ebay and charity shops with no luck. Then finally have got one off of ebay. Just what a want new, but vintage with shoes and pants only. The dress is made just need to do dolly's one once it arrives.
    Originally posted by givememoney
    Butterick sell matching patterns for little girls and their dolls!
    • givememoney
    • By givememoney 18th Apr 17, 6:58 PM
    • 956 Posts
    • 1,212 Thanks
    givememoney
    Butterick sell matching patterns for little girls and their dolls!
    Originally posted by Mooloo
    Thank you I'll bear that in mind.

I did make make my daughter a dress and one for her cabbage patch doll in the distant past from a pattern like that also made one for her friends cabbage patch to. This time I'll have to make my own pattern for dolly.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 19th Apr 17, 7:32 AM
    • 8,878 Posts
    • 43,730 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Trix-a-belle I have sent you a pm, would like to pick your brains a little please.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,549Posts Today

8,787Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin