Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • essexgal
    • By essexgal 17th Feb 14, 3:55 PM
    • 2,210Posts
    • 16,380Thanks
    essexgal
    The Sewing Room (part 2)
    • 17th Feb 14, 3:55 PM
    The Sewing Room (part 2) 17th Feb 14 at 3:55 PM
    The old thread was getting rather cumbersome so we have been asked to start a new thread.

This thread continues on from the original thread here

essexgal
    old enough to know better, young enough not to care
Page 23
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 30th Aug 16, 7:34 AM
    • 8,539 Posts
    • 42,219 Thanks
    Mooloo
    I am so busy with alterations but I plan to ear mark a set time at the end of the day to create. I have to put new things into the shop, as the makes I have are all from before the shop was opened.Time flies and the shop has been open now for two years ( well by next Monday). The last year of my current lease. So I have until April to decide if I want to stay and negotiate a new lease, or relocate.
    So everything counts now and any tweeking of procedures and looking for ways to be more profitable
    Making thermal cooking bags, too help others save fuel costs, and produce fabulous meals for pennies! I love my sewing, and it has helped me to make new friends and feel useful!
    • drinkupretty
    • By drinkupretty 9th Oct 16, 12:16 AM
    • 2,665 Posts
    • 6,400 Thanks
    drinkupretty
    First project completed, I made two cushion covers:

"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes"
    • givememoney
    • By givememoney 11th Oct 16, 11:55 AM
    • 932 Posts
    • 1,195 Thanks
    givememoney
    Your covers look lovely, but what I do know thanks to a friend of mine, I put two cushion innards inside to give a nice bulky solid feel to the cushions. Providing of course, you have put in zips.
    • Littlefrugalcottage
    • By Littlefrugalcottage 9th Nov 16, 10:23 PM
    • 64 Posts
    • 444 Thanks
    Littlefrugalcottage
    Hello all, does anyone here do EPP???
    • Justamum
    • By Justamum 10th Nov 16, 7:10 AM
    • 4,677 Posts
    • 35,887 Thanks
    Justamum
    Hello all, does anyone here do EPP???
    Originally posted by Littlefrugalcottage
    What is EPP?

• Littlefrugalcottage
    • By Littlefrugalcottage 10th Nov 16, 9:00 AM
    • 64 Posts
    • 444 Thanks
    Littlefrugalcottage
    What is EPP?
    Originally posted by Justamum
    Sorry it's English Paper Piercing basically hand sewing. I've made a couple of quilts now and just about to embark on Dear Jane in EPP and very excited.
    • Paddee
    • By Paddee 10th Nov 16, 9:42 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    Paddee
    c4 error on singer sewing machine
    Whilst using my machine it suddenly stopped, motor made a strange noise. I noticed the lever seemed to be jammed against the casing. I unscrewed the casing cleared some thread that was wrapped around near the lever. Everything else seemed to be clear but the machine is still not working just making a whirring sound and displaying a c4 fault. I checked to see if the bobbin winder worked but no luck. Has anyone else had problems like this? The nearest repairer is 30 miles away and if it is going to be a costly job I may be better putting the money towards a new machine. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem. If it means a new machine I would appreciate some recommendations for a reliable mid price machine, Thank you
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,335Posts Today

6,027Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Going to a very exciting premier right now... with Mrs and mini MSE, to the screening of "we're going on a bear hunt"

• No. Not a huge fan. Never claimed to be.Just a fan. And one who choose to prioritise family time with his little gi? https://t.co/lZ9uUylk2U

• I've just checked the score. You're right. What happened? https://t.co/5E7y52r47o

• Follow Martin