Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • timberflake
    • By timberflake 15th Feb 14, 4:17 AM
    • 1,600Posts
    • 506Thanks
    timberflake
    Robot vacuum cleaners
    • 15th Feb 14, 4:17 AM
    Robot vacuum cleaners 15th Feb 14 at 4:17 AM
    Not exactly money saving, but does anyone have a robot vacuum cleaner? And if so, would you recommend them?

Basically, my girlfriend is going back to work and we have a dog which means we have to hoover the house every day so I'm wondering whether one of these would do a job for us?

I'm not expecting them to be as good as our Henry, I just want it to keep the place tidy and them we can give everywhere a good hoover at weekends.

irobot have a product called the braava which is effectively a mop, I'm wondering whether this would be good as the dog hairs would cling to it.

Would appreciate peoples thoughts/views.
Page 2
    • Hatrick24
    • By Hatrick24 23rd May 16, 10:10 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Hatrick24
    We have an IRobot Roomba, and it's fantastic! We've had it a couple of years now and as we have a German Shepherd, it is set to come on every day. It does what it says on the tin and then takes itself back and recharges. Occasionally it needs a bit of help, it may have too much dog hair caught in it's wheel, but it's not often and it's very easy to empty.

I would also say though, I thought it was so good, I ordered the Scooba, floor washing model. That was not good! I think it suffered from the fact that you need pressure to remove stubborn marks, so no, that I could not recommend.

Hope that helps!
    • BradPitt1
    • By BradPitt1 7th Dec 17, 10:35 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    BradPitt1
    I just picked up the Roomba 980 at Amazon, It's the best vacuum cleaner by iRobot with wi-fi connectivity. I want to buy one more for my cousin. Hope it on sale on Christmas days.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

347Posts Today

2,609Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin