Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 7
    • Quicklex
    • By Quicklex 21st Sep 17, 1:22 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Quicklex
    Richard
    Thank you for the reply, do you suggest I ask BA or AA for frequent flyer miles?
    Thank you,
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 21st Sep 17, 1:26 PM
    • 10,865 Posts
    • 7,093 Thanks
    Caz3121
    Richard
    Thank you for the reply, do you suggest I ask BA or AA for frequent flyer miles?
    Thank you,
    Originally posted by Quicklex
    claims are from the operating carrier which was AA (the fact you booked through BA and it has a codeshare number does not make BA liable) You would need a AA Advantage account for AA miles...note that any offer they make would be a goodwill gesture, there is no rules to state they need to give you anything
    • davie doc
    • By davie doc 5th Oct 17, 5:35 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    davie doc
    chartered flight delay.
    Am i entitled to compensation for a N.Y.flight delay.the flight was American Airways but booked through B.A. who chartered the flight from Edinburgh.What rules apply?.
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 5th Oct 17, 6:03 PM
    • 1,014 Posts
    • 425 Thanks
    Justice13075
    If you flew out from the UK on AA as long as the reason for a delay or cancelled flight wasn't an extraordinary circumstance you would be due compensation and as long as the delay was over 3 hours.
    Last edited by Justice13075; 05-10-2017 at 6:06 PM.
    • SINCC
    • By SINCC 6th Oct 17, 4:38 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SINCC
    Hi All,

I am new in here.
    I would like to get some advise..
    BA reject my claim as below reason:
    the flight was delayed because adverse weather conditions delaying the in bound aircraft and resulted in the crew going out of hours.
    As I understand it should be 'knock on effect' and should be able to claim?
    And I correct?
    Thanks.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 6th Oct 17, 7:42 AM
    • 3,334 Posts
    • 924 Thanks
    JPears
    You are probably due compensation.
    Please repost on the BA thread. Downlaod Vauban's superb guide, and visit an online NWNF firm such as Bottsonline to check if you have a valid claim.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,057Posts Today

9,569Users online

Martin's Twitter