Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 6
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 20th Feb 17, 9:24 PM
    • 984 Posts
    • 421 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Wheel change is not an extraordinary circumstance and compensation is due. Download and read Vaubans Guide and follow the advice.
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 20th Feb 17, 9:27 PM
    • 7,522 Posts
    • 7,558 Thanks
    pogofish
    I have tried to search up about it , so far I have saw nothing to help me .My flight was delayed due to wheel change .Thomson say this a extraordinary circumstances.Any help would be appreciated.
    Originally posted by Scotta316
    What did you make of the FAQ, Sticky and Vauban's Guide?

MSE don't do Thompson's flights for them, so this isn't the thread to be hijacking!
    • JPears
    • By JPears 15th May 17, 4:39 PM
    • 3,080 Posts
    • 867 Thanks
    JPears
    Way down on page 5
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • JPears
    • By JPears 30th May 17, 1:12 PM
    • 3,080 Posts
    • 867 Thanks
    JPears
    revived.....

• JPears
    • By JPears 4th Aug 17, 10:19 AM
    • 3,080 Posts
    • 867 Thanks
    JPears
    bumped as way down on page 6...

• JitkaBeds
    • By JitkaBeds 6th Aug 17, 10:20 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JitkaBeds
    14 hours delay
    Hello, I have read all info on your page about flight delay compensation. I used your Resolver tool and got offered a standard 250 euros!!! not pounds per passenger. However it makes me wonder if it isn't a bit on a small side bearing in mind the delay was over 14 hours over night and no hotel was provided or any other accommodation. No explanation for the delay was given. Sleeping on the floor at the airport with two small children aged 6 years and 2 years was an absolute nightmare. Do you think I deserve a bit more? The airline is Wizzair. Flight Prague to London Luton. Many thanks for your help. J.
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 6th Aug 17, 10:54 PM
    • 984 Posts
    • 421 Thanks
    Justice13075
    €250 per passenger is correct. The fact it was a 14 hour delay makes no difference to the amount. You should have been provided with food vouchers, if not and you have receipts you can claim the money back. All passengers are due compensation even your children as long as you paid something towards their flight.
    Last edited by Justice13075; 06-08-2017 at 10:58 PM.
    • JitkaBeds
    • By JitkaBeds 6th Aug 17, 11:00 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JitkaBeds
    Thank you for your message. No hotel was provided as the announcement came at 11 pm after hours of waiting simply stating that no accommodation will be provided as all surrounding hotels are fully booked. That was it. So if I didn't use hotel I get nothing. Do I understand correctly?
    • Vauban
    • By Vauban 6th Aug 17, 11:14 PM
    • 4,673 Posts
    • 2,071 Thanks
    Vauban
    Thank you for your message. No hotel was provided as the announcement came at 11 pm after hours of waiting simply stating that no accommodation will be provided as all surrounding hotels are fully booked. That was it. So if I didn't use hotel I get nothing. Do I understand correctly?
    Originally posted by JitkaBeds
    Yes you understand correctly. The amount of compensation for delay is fixed, but you get any subsistence expenses incurred too. As you slept on the floor, that's a cheap night for the airline!
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 6th Aug 17, 11:15 PM
    • 984 Posts
    • 421 Thanks
    Justice13075
    You get €250 per person nothing for sleeping on the floor and money back if you were not given food vouchers and have receipts for any food you paid for. Don't forget the €250 for each child is theirs as it is the individual who gets the compensation and not the payee who only gets their own €250 compensation.
    Last edited by Justice13075; 06-08-2017 at 11:18 PM.
    • stevemej
    • By stevemej 7th Aug 17, 7:58 AM
    • 134 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    stevemej
    Historical Flight Data
    Hi All, I used to frequent this forum many moons ago and this is the first time back in ages.

My brother-in-law has asked me to check to see if his flight was delayed ENOUGH to get compensation but I now find that flightstats are charging for historical data (used to be free for subscribed members). Could somebody please check the delay on a flight for me . It is flight TOM2468 from arecife to manchester on 20th october 2016 scheduled to fly at 11.05.

I've done quite a bit of googling but cannot find historical data.

thanks in advance.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 7th Aug 17, 8:38 AM
    • 10,781 Posts
    • 7,024 Thanks
    Caz3121
    Hi All, I used to frequent this forum many moons ago and this is the first time back in ages.

My brother-in-law has asked me to check to see if his flight was delayed ENOUGH to get compensation but I now find that flightstats are charging for historical data (used to be free for subscribed members). Could somebody please check the delay on a flight for me . It is flight TOM2468 from arecife to manchester on 20th october 2016 scheduled to fly at 11.05.

thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by stevemej
    You can check on the NWNF checkers
    e.g. on EUClaim the flight details show as Manchester to Lanzarote and says "Your flight had an arrival delay of less than three hours. To be entitled to compensation under EC Regulation 261/2004 your arrival delay must be three hours or more."
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 7th Aug 17, 9:28 AM
    • 987 Posts
    • 497 Thanks
    Tyzap

thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by stevemej
    A good source of info for MAN flights can be found here...

http://www.tasmanchester.co.uk/man-logs.html
    Please read Vaubans superb guide.
    • Simplesimon
    • By Simplesimon 6th Sep 17, 12:49 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Simplesimon
    Is there a place to check reasons for cancellations?
    I just do not believe what EasyJet have "officially" told me about the reasons for cancellation of flight LGW to PSA on 23/06/17.

Is there a place to get the real reason?
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 6th Sep 17, 1:30 PM
    • 984 Posts
    • 421 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Put your flight details into bottonline and EuClaim to see if they think you are due compensation. If they do google, download and read Vaubans Giuide
    • JPears
    • By JPears 18th Sep 17, 11:31 PM
    • 3,080 Posts
    • 867 Thanks
    JPears
    bumped to tidy board

• crazycat472
    • By crazycat472 19th Sep 17, 6:49 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    crazycat472
    Flight delay
    My delayed flight from Gatwick to Guernsey was paid for by my company , am I as the individual delayed entitled to claim the compensation even though I didn't pay for it ?
    My 14.00 flight was delayed then I was bumped off , given a later flight which was also delayed and left at 22.00 making a total delay of 8 hours.
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 19th Sep 17, 6:59 PM
    • 984 Posts
    • 421 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Yes you are. Compensation is paid to the person who was delayed NOT the person or company who paid for the ticket. As long as your delay as not down to an extraordinary circumstance you will be due €250
    • Quicklex
    • By Quicklex 21st Sep 17, 1:16 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Quicklex
    BA codeshare with American, 5 hour delay from JFK to Manchester
    Can I claim for compensation on a code share flight from JFK to Manchester, which was 5 hours late due to a puncture sustained by the plane on landing at JFK before departing to Manchester.
    American Airlines tell me they will not entertain a claim. My argument is that the flight was booked with British Airways with a BA flight number, BA code share with American. Is any one liable for a claim (BA or AA) or am I unable to claim?
    • richardw
    • By richardw 21st Sep 17, 1:19 PM
    • 18,106 Posts
    • 7,436 Thanks
    richardw
    JFK is not in Europe and AA is not a European 'operating air carrier', so unfortunately it looks like a no.

Ask for lots of frequent flyer miles and spend them on a BA weekend flight from MAN.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,289Posts Today

8,496Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin