5:2 Diet (part II)

Comments

• MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,597 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    same here too
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • madlyn
    madlyn Posts: 1,023 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Looking to start this diet in the next couple of weeks, but want to familiarise myself with the concept.
    I have looked on amazon for books to help with this but there are so many. So any advice on which one's to get (from the library first) one would ideally be a recipe book with ideas of what to eat on my fast days.
    Also, i work shifts are there any shift workers that have done or doing the 5:2 with results?
    SPC 037
  • I was comfortably doing the diet on night shift then transferred to days. Had a bit of a blip but have now adjusted and back on the wagon. I believe like most eating plans you need to meal plan for several days so your less likely up slip up.
    I have found this the easiest way of losing weight and feeling healthy at the same time.
    Good luck :)
    SCP # 034
    The £1000 emergency fund #59
  • emma-6584
    emma-6584 Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Post
    Hi All,

I would really like to join you all on the 5:2 kick. I have thought about it a few times over the past year but never stepped up to the plate to start it. This morning I started reading the threads and researching online and all of your success stories have motivated me to try it. I am going to aim for 1 stone weight loss and then see how I feel in myself after this point. Today is a researching day, I am trying to source recipes and healthy foods, looking up calories for different ingredients to ensure that when I do a weekly shop I get everything into the house that I will need. For me planing is key. If I do not pack food to bring with me for lunch I end up ordering in with the rest of the office, this can mean anything from burger delivery to burritos with cheese and sour cream. I have loaded on quite a bit of weight since taking up this job 11 months ago. It is def time to rethink my diet, health and lifestyle :)
    July 2015 - £997 in Debt.
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries challenge, started June 2015 UU x 18, TA x 6, IN x 26.
    July 2015 - No more paying full price!!
  • Alisha2008
    Alisha2008 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I suggest you take your lunch to work everyday, not only fasting days.. if that's the sort of food you normally eat you won't be able to keep the weight down.

I do bring my lunch everyday, it's much healthier and much cheaper!
  • emma-6584
    emma-6584 Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Post
    Alisha2008 wrote: »
    I suggest you take your lunch to work everyday, not only fasting days.. if that's the sort of food you normally eat you won't be able to keep the weight down.

I do bring my lunch everyday, it's much healthier and much cheaper!

I wholeheartedly agree :) I have started a jar that I put money into each time I bring my own lunch/breakfast with me to work. I am going to put it towards a treat for myself in a few weeks when I have a) saved a small fortune. b) hit my goal and gotten my lifestyle back to what it should be!
    July 2015 - £997 in Debt.
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries challenge, started June 2015 UU x 18, TA x 6, IN x 26.
    July 2015 - No more paying full price!!
  • MallyGirl
    it will also get you out of the habit of joining in on the takeout. This will help if you opt for no lunch on your low days - I don't like people to know when I am dieting as it seems to make some people determined to tempt you away from your plan.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
  • MallyGirl
    It is going to be a 6:1 week for me as DD is away so we are off out tonight, then we have a dinner invitation on Wednesday, and then I am away with work Thursday/Friday with our annual work summer do on the Thursday evening. Life is not worth living for my DH if there is no curry on a Friday night - not helpful!
    I managed to put on 6lbs since Friday at a family wedding this weekend but I am hoping that this is just a blip - I couldn't have eaten and drunk 'that much'!!!!
  • madlyn
    madlyn Posts: 1,023 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    SPC 037
  • MallyGirl
    I used the recipes in 'the fast beach diet' book I had bought as inspiration. Most of the cookbooks make heavy use of eggs (lots of frittata type things) and I don't eat eggs or cheese so they don't work for me.
    I like spicy food so have stir fries with less meat and more veg, or with beansprouts instead of noodles. I have done a few crunchy Asian salads with prawns or chicken breast or a small salmon fillet, I made a roasted butternut squash risotto which went down well with OH, fresh tuna is low in calories
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure