Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • becca0417
    • By becca0417 10th Feb 14, 7:07 PM
    • 3,107Posts
    • 14,372Thanks
    becca0417
    MSE Pregnancy Club 28
    • 10th Feb 14, 7:07 PM
    MSE Pregnancy Club 28 10th Feb 14 at 7:07 PM
    MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

What's it about?

Back in July 2006 Bailey started this thread to help all pregnant MoneySavers and their partners save on anything pregnancy-related plus give each other moral support. It's been hugely popular and now has a long list of pregnant mothers-to-be.

Now it's not just for those that are pregnant but also those trying to conceive and MoneySavers that have probably already given birth and yet are probably too tired to let everyone know.

What should you do?

As well as being a great source of tips, baby-related bargains spotted, mutual support and help MoneySavers here have also gradually built up a list, adding themselves to one of these categories (the last one, people are moved to for obvious reasons!):

EDD (Estimated due date if you're pregnant)
    TTC (trying to conceive if you're not) we now have 2 seperate threads for people TTC - 'Trying for a Baby' and 'Trying for a baby (12+ M/not straightforward)'
    Birth List
    Probably given birth but too worn out to log on list

If you want to add yourself to the list follow these steps:

Click on the link at the top of this page that says "Last" (it'll take you to the last page of the discussion)
    Scroll down until you find the message with the very latest copy of the list in (if you use one further up the discussion other peoples' changes after that will be lost)
    Copy that (highlight it and click control+c)
    Click reply at the bottom of the thread to open a screen where you can past it (click control+p)
    Add yourself to the list then click save
    And don't feel shy. Introduce yourself, say hello and ask a question if you need to.

Plus, if you're thinking of how to cut down on nappy costs remember to have a read of the Nappy MoneySaving article too and for later down the line if you need childcare first read the Childcare Vouchers article.

Also please don't forget that this is a public forum and anyone could be reading it. Don't let this put you off discussing anything personal, just please be aware that the people posting on the thread may not be the only ones reading (it may just be that these people, aka lurkers, are too shy to post).

If you're new to the Forum it can look scattergun but read down and remember it's a conversation, starting with first post, scrolling forward for the latest. To reply you'll need to join the Forum but it's free to do.

This is a continuation of this thread which will be closed due to it's length.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 08-09-2014 at 11:47 AM.
    First baby due 3/3/14 - Team Yellow! Our little girl born 25/2/14
Page 512
    • penguingirl
    • By penguingirl 3rd Jul 17, 10:54 PM
    • 1,368 Posts
    • 1,161 Thanks
    penguingirl
    If you are really concerned about position - push for a scan. I'd always been a bit unsure and a couple of midwives ummed about it, but it was only at nearly 39 weeks I had a scan and he was breech. I was very lucky and had a successful version to turn him but with hindsight I wish I'd pushed for it earlier
    • newthrift
    • By newthrift 10th Jul 17, 4:16 PM
    • 1,220 Posts
    • 8,260 Thanks
    newthrift
    Hope everyone is doing ok.
    We had a little boy on 5th July called Jacob weighing 7lb4.
    He is so lovely, we are still getting settled, but each day gets easier (even when we have a tough night)
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year
    Baby Newthrift due June 2017
    • firebird082
    • By firebird082 10th Jul 17, 4:23 PM
    • 530 Posts
    • 437 Thanks
    firebird082
    Congratulations Newthrift! It's a bit challenging in the early days isn't it! Glad to hear you are settling down with your new arrival
    • snowscreamer
    • By snowscreamer 10th Jul 17, 4:28 PM
    • 499 Posts
    • 273 Thanks
    snowscreamer
    Congrats newthrift! Jasmine is 3 weeks old now and has visibly grown and become more 'robust'. Scary how fast it goes even with the sleep deprivation!
    Cleared my credit card debt of £7123.58 in a year using YNAB! Debt free date 04/12/2015.
    Enjoying sending hundreds of pounds a month to savings rather than debt repayment!
    • Keekee
    • By Keekee 10th Jul 17, 5:05 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 156 Thanks
    Keekee
    Congratulations newthrift! Xx
    • penguingirl
    • By penguingirl 10th Jul 17, 10:26 PM
    • 1,368 Posts
    • 1,161 Thanks
    penguingirl
    Big congrats newthrift! Hope you're all doing well. The sleep is brutal isn't it? I barely left my bedroom the first week but it does get easier but still tough!

J is now 5.5 weeks and was seen by the health visitor today for his 6 week check. He now weighs 10lb 11oz and is starting to interact with us so much more, makes noises and smiles. Also his colic has been much better the last few nights with very little screaming, very refreshing!
    • sweetbabu
    • By sweetbabu 10th Jul 17, 11:08 PM
    • 160 Posts
    • 122 Thanks
    sweetbabu
    Congratulations Newthrift!

The first few days are quite a blur, but it definitely gets easier.

Saying that, OH is back to work tomorrow and I'm dreading it - its back to school runs for me. Itll be the first time on my own with the pair of them
    • penguingirl
    • By penguingirl 11th Jul 17, 12:36 AM
    • 1,368 Posts
    • 1,161 Thanks
    penguingirl
    Best of luck sweetbabu. I can't imagine doing this with 2 small people, but I do know that I managed much better than I expected when OH went back to work. Although it took me 5 weeks to be brave enough to do a big shop
    • april87
    • By april87 11th Jul 17, 2:24 AM
    • 343 Posts
    • 162 Thanks
    april87
    Congratulations New, I hope you guys are doing well. The sleeping does get slightly better but still.

Can't believe I have a month old baby now. Time has flown by. He seems to be getting so big, he no longer feels like a little baby 😂
    • cats2012
    • By cats2012 11th Jul 17, 9:39 AM
    • 1,173 Posts
    • 1,276 Thanks
    cats2012
    Congrats newthrift!! April, Clara is 16 weeks and I do home delivery...!!

Hope you're all doing well xx
    Officially Mrs B as of March 2013
    TTC since Apr 2015, baby B born March 2017
    • firebird082
    • By firebird082 13th Jul 17, 8:43 AM
    • 530 Posts
    • 437 Thanks
    firebird082
    Just to add, in case anyone gets round to updating the list (can't do it from my phone!) that our little girl finally has a name - Zoe Elizabeth Two weeks old today, and OH just gone back to work... Eeep!
    • saver-j
    • By saver-j 16th Jul 17, 8:46 PM
    • 149 Posts
    • 1,772 Thanks
    saver-j
    Hi all just adding myself to this list, and hopefully updating the recent births, sorry if I've missed any. We seem a bit thin on the ground, anyone else need adding?

1. Ratison - 14th July
    2. moreofthegoodstuff - 31st August
    3. saver-j - 22nd October

When you see this post do your pelvic floor exercises

Hospital Bag List here
    Supplement List and Dosage here

***BIRTH LIST*** - Within the last month or so

Sexymouse - Benjamin Logan - 11th February - 7lb 4oz
    Big5 - Harrison Michael - 16th February - 7lb 12oz
    Cuidadosa - - 18th March - 3lb 7oz; 4lb 5oz - awaiting names
    cats2012 - - Clara Grace - 21st March - 5lb 9oz
    Clarabell1984 - - Corran - 11th April - 7lb
    Vanilla - - Austin - 27th May - 8lb 5oz
    Penguingirl - - Baby J - 2nd June
    - 8lb 11.5oz
    Ellesbellesxxx - 29th May? (x2)
    April87 - - Logan - 11th June 7.5lbs
    Sweetbabu -
    - Jack - 14th June 9lbs 4oz
    Snowscreamer -
    - Jasmine Grace - 19th June
    Arbrighton - - Harry - 24th June
    fuzzipeg - Corinne Sharon - 28th June 7lb 15oz
    Firebird082 -
    Zoe Elizabeth - 29th June 8lb 14oz
    Newthrift -
    - Jacob - 5th July 7lb 4oz

PROBABLY GIVEN BIRTH BUT TOO WORN OUT TO LOG ON TO LIST
    [Allow 2 weeks after EDD before transferring to this list (Max 6 weeks)]

Lifestartsat40 - 17th June

CONTRACTION MASTER TIMER

Please post your birth stories here when you have time/energy
    • newthrift
    • By newthrift 22nd Jul 17, 7:07 PM
    • 1,220 Posts
    • 8,260 Thanks
    newthrift
    Thanks everyone. Jacob is bow 17 days and we have become much more settled. he bas already done a big wedding at 10 days old which went well and we have ventured out twice alone. He was 8lb4 on 12th day weigh in, which doesn't surprise me as he is a little milk monster.
    We will also be doing hone delivery for a bit as I don't feel brave enough to try a full big shop.
    Hope everyone else is still doing well
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year
    Baby Newthrift due June 2017
    • moreofthegoodstuff
    • By moreofthegoodstuff 28th Jul 17, 10:13 PM
    • 564 Posts
    • 10,027 Thanks
    moreofthegoodstuff
    Any advice for acid reflux? I'm getting really bad burning at the back of my throat- I've tried gaviscon and rennie but can't take them as often as required as can't take them within 2 hours of the iron tablets and aspirin I'm on.... does anyone have any tips to help ease it naturally?
    • vanilla8
    • By vanilla8 29th Jul 17, 3:31 PM
    • 614 Posts
    • 420 Thanks
    vanilla8
    Any advice for acid reflux? I'm getting really bad burning at the back of my throat- I've tried gaviscon and rennie but can't take them as often as required as can't take them within 2 hours of the iron tablets and aspirin I'm on.... does anyone have any tips to help ease it naturally?
    Originally posted by moreofthegoodstuff

Get yourself to the Dr, Omeprazole is only thing that solved it for me.
    Ranitidine helped but only provided a few hours relief.
    • moreofthegoodstuff
    • By moreofthegoodstuff 30th Jul 17, 9:52 AM
    • 564 Posts
    • 10,027 Thanks
    moreofthegoodstuff
    Thanks vanilla, I didn't know there was much else other than rennie and gaviscon... does it ease a bit when the baby drops down further? I've only had it at this stage (35 weeks)
    • saver-j
    • By saver-j 31st Jul 17, 9:35 AM
    • 149 Posts
    • 1,772 Thanks
    saver-j
    I'd second going to the Dr for a prescription of omeprazole if it's really bad.

If you're looking for natural remedies, peppermint tea is supposed to soothe things, but while I think it may have helped a bout of indigestion / heartburn not get as bad as it could have done as a preventative measure, it doesn't touch it if it's already bad.

Afraid I can't comment on whether it will ease as I'm several weeks behind you.

Hope all's well other than the acid reflux.

I think I'm starting with the third tri tiredness already and only just there - I'm not sleeping well at all, really struggling to get comfy despite a plethora of pillows.
    • Pink_Giraffe
    • By Pink_Giraffe 31st Jul 17, 2:47 PM
    • 183 Posts
    • 1,392 Thanks
    Pink_Giraffe
    Hi all, can I join you?
    I found out last week that I'm pregnant, had a scan on Friday and as of today am at 32wks +1! Long story short, I hadn't ovulated since 2014 and my Dr advised the chance of me conceiving was basically nil... and then I felt kicking!
    I'm freaking out a lot, since my diagnosis I avoided friends with babies as I found it very difficult, and now I have no idea what I'm doing and no time to learn...
    • vanilla8
    • By vanilla8 1st Aug 17, 9:06 AM
    • 614 Posts
    • 420 Thanks
    vanilla8
    Thanks vanilla, I didn't know there was much else other than rennie and gaviscon... does it ease a bit when the baby drops down further? I've only had it at this stage (35 weeks)
    Originally posted by moreofthegoodstuff
    I had mine all the way through and also a few weeks post partum, but as I say Omeprazole stopped it completely, take it once in the morning. I would soon know if I forgot to take it!
    • saver-j
    • By saver-j 5th Aug 17, 3:11 PM
    • 149 Posts
    • 1,772 Thanks
    saver-j
    Hi all, can I join you?
    I found out last week that I'm pregnant, had a scan on Friday and as of today am at 32wks +1! Long story short, I hadn't ovulated since 2014 and my Dr advised the chance of me conceiving was basically nil... and then I felt kicking!
    I'm freaking out a lot, since my diagnosis I avoided friends with babies as I found it very difficult, and now I have no idea what I'm doing and no time to learn...
    Originally posted by Pink_Giraffe
    Oh wow Pink Giraffe. Welcome and congratulations on your amazing news.

Of course you have time to learn, maybe not as much as you'd have liked but there's still time before your little one arrives.

Feel free to ask any questions here, we may not know all the answers, but will help you out if we can.

Feel free to add yourself to the list, or let me know your due date if you want me to do it.

Moreofthegoodstuff hope your reflux is better.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

155Posts Today

1,371Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin