Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • becca0417
    • By becca0417 10th Feb 14, 7:07 PM
    • 3,107Posts
    • 14,372Thanks
    becca0417
    MSE Pregnancy Club 28
    • 10th Feb 14, 7:07 PM
    MSE Pregnancy Club 28 10th Feb 14 at 7:07 PM
    MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

What's it about?

Back in July 2006 Bailey started this thread to help all pregnant MoneySavers and their partners save on anything pregnancy-related plus give each other moral support. It's been hugely popular and now has a long list of pregnant mothers-to-be.

Now it's not just for those that are pregnant but also those trying to conceive and MoneySavers that have probably already given birth and yet are probably too tired to let everyone know.

What should you do?

As well as being a great source of tips, baby-related bargains spotted, mutual support and help MoneySavers here have also gradually built up a list, adding themselves to one of these categories (the last one, people are moved to for obvious reasons!):

EDD (Estimated due date if you're pregnant)
    TTC (trying to conceive if you're not) we now have 2 seperate threads for people TTC - 'Trying for a Baby' and 'Trying for a baby (12+ M/not straightforward)'
    Birth List
    Probably given birth but too worn out to log on list

If you want to add yourself to the list follow these steps:

Click on the link at the top of this page that says "Last" (it'll take you to the last page of the discussion)
    Scroll down until you find the message with the very latest copy of the list in (if you use one further up the discussion other peoples' changes after that will be lost)
    Copy that (highlight it and click control+c)
    Click reply at the bottom of the thread to open a screen where you can past it (click control+p)
    Add yourself to the list then click save
    And don't feel shy. Introduce yourself, say hello and ask a question if you need to.

Plus, if you're thinking of how to cut down on nappy costs remember to have a read of the Nappy MoneySaving article too and for later down the line if you need childcare first read the Childcare Vouchers article.

Also please don't forget that this is a public forum and anyone could be reading it. Don't let this put you off discussing anything personal, just please be aware that the people posting on the thread may not be the only ones reading (it may just be that these people, aka lurkers, are too shy to post).

If you're new to the Forum it can look scattergun but read down and remember it's a conversation, starting with first post, scrolling forward for the latest. To reply you'll need to join the Forum but it's free to do.

This is a continuation of this thread which will be closed due to it's length.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 08-09-2014 at 11:47 AM.
    First baby due 3/3/14 - Team Yellow! Our little girl born 25/2/14
Page 504
    • arbrighton
    • By arbrighton 11th Jun 17, 10:02 PM
    • 1,932 Posts
    • 1,783 Thanks
    arbrighton
    Despite my bean seeming to have moved down I've had HORRENDOUS heartburn all weekend

And in a foul mood that I can't shift too
    • sweetbabu
    • By sweetbabu 11th Jun 17, 10:09 PM
    • 151 Posts
    • 115 Thanks
    sweetbabu
    Fully sympathise, arbrighton.

Got a bit annoyed with my daughter earlier as well because I was so sore and she doesn't brush her hair properly and I couldn't get the comb through it
    • snowscreamer
    • By snowscreamer 11th Jun 17, 10:15 PM
    • 496 Posts
    • 273 Thanks
    snowscreamer
    Eurgh. Everything slowed down / got less uncomfortable and less frequent at PILs. Keep your fingers crossed that back in my own home something starts happening again. It's so mild that I have a horrible feeling it will go on for days and I'll still go overdue! Sex is on the agenda tonight on the hope that the pressure and cramps have started the effacement process and we can push this forward...!
    Cleared my credit card debt of £7123.58 in a year using YNAB! Debt free date 04/12/2015.
    Enjoying sending hundreds of pounds a month to savings rather than debt repayment!
    • arbrighton
    • By arbrighton 11th Jun 17, 10:21 PM
    • 1,932 Posts
    • 1,783 Thanks
    arbrighton
    oh dear Snow, sorry to hear that. Have to admit just now that even if anyone swore sex would guarantee labour, I'm not sure I would, feel so ggughuhuhh
    • snowscreamer
    • By snowscreamer 11th Jun 17, 10:32 PM
    • 496 Posts
    • 273 Thanks
    snowscreamer
    Luckily I'm still feeling pretty good; although I'm so impatient it would be total torture for me if I was also feeling rubbish! Sorry to hear that late pregnancy isn't treating you well. Last night I sort of wanted to DTD to move things forward but was actually quite uncomfy last night with the cramps etc. They haven't started up again (yet?) and we've been home 20 min; so hopefully once I've got to sleep in a couple of hours!!
    Cleared my credit card debt of £7123.58 in a year using YNAB! Debt free date 04/12/2015.
    Enjoying sending hundreds of pounds a month to savings rather than debt repayment!
    • april87
    • By april87 11th Jun 17, 10:48 PM
    • 330 Posts
    • 161 Thanks
    april87
    Hi guys

Just thought I'd drop in whilst baby was asleep. Baby Logan arrived earlier today by C-section at 12.35, weighing in at 7.5lbs, so not quite the small baby we were told.

Went up for reduced foetal movements on Friday, and after waiting around forever to see a dr we ended up coming home after being happy with our trace. Got a phone call late Friday asking us to come up on the Saturday instead for the induction. Arrived at 1030, and after anothe trace/examination we were told we were 2cm dilated and that I could just have my waters broken. Was quite relieved and we just had to wait till there was a bed free. Waters were broken about 5, and by 9pm yesterday we were 5cm dilated. Gas & air then morphine where making me throw up which left me to take the epidural (no liquid gas & air in stock annoyingly). The epidural was pretty good and I felt no contractions what so ever however it did slow my labour down. At my next check - 1am this morning I was only 7cm and they had expected me to be further. They had offered oxitocin but I asked to try bouncing on the ball for the next wee while, see if that could help push things along. Unfortunately at 430 I was only about 8cm so we agreed to try the drip. This ramped up the contractions and I found myself having to use the epidural pump a lot more. 9 am and checked out by a dr to be told baby had turned and that there was still some cervix covering his head, but that I was oh so close. Agreed to be checked in an hours time wth the full dose of oxytocin otherwise it would be a csectiom. Unfortunately by this time I was in a fair amount of pain, and had to have my epidural topped up with something else. I was told at my next examination that since it had been going on a while by that point, I hadn't sleep and baby wasn't really awake that a Csection was now what was best. A few hours later and baby Logan had arrived. Could not believe the overwhelming feeling of love I have for this little child. It's amazing.
    Been a bit sore since, but both baby and I are doing well. I just desperately need some sleep.

Hope your all doing well, and I shall read posts properly in the coming days
    • fluffysox
    • By fluffysox 11th Jun 17, 11:03 PM
    • 1,034 Posts
    • 8,799 Thanks
    fluffysox
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01A6QIN3S/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They don't go over bump these were (and still are ) super comfy!
    Originally posted by Beckyy
    Thanks Becky, they look good but since I had my first baby by c-section, I haven't liked bikini height briefs. I usually wear high-leg but I am finding them slipping down off my bump so they end up under the bump. So I headed into town to check out Primark and M&S. Found some 3-packs of full briefs in Primark for £5. Nice bold colours and modern, lycra, soft fabric. Super stretchy and lovely and comfy for now. They come just over my belly button, so just over my bump for now. Later on, I'll probably need to buy different ones, but these will do for now. By rights, I shouldn't even have a bump yet. I swear my bump is more obvious now than it was at 16 weeks with my first and second pregnancies. And its too early to tell everyone

Good luck to all of you, especially those waiting for babies to get moving xxx

Congrats April xx
    2016 MFW OPd £2000, 2015 MFW OPd 3000 then bought new bigger house with bigger mortgage.
    MFW OPd 2014 £2000 2013 £9700 2012 £2848.39 2011 £2509.58 2010 £11000 2009 £112002008 £4939
    Beautiful boys born May 2011 and October 2013
    • sweetbabu
    • By sweetbabu 11th Jun 17, 11:05 PM
    • 151 Posts
    • 115 Thanks
    sweetbabu
    Wow, congratulations April - you must be absolutely knackered!

Welcome to little Logan.

Luckily I'm still feeling pretty good; although I'm so impatient it would be total torture for me if I was also feeling rubbish! Sorry to hear that late pregnancy isn't treating you well. Last night I sort of wanted to DTD to move things forward but was actually quite uncomfy last night with the cramps etc. They haven't started up again (yet?) and we've been home 20 min; so hopefully once I've got to sleep in a couple of hours!!
    Originally posted by snowscreamer
    Even though I'm feeling the least sexy and the most sore that I have, we've been having plenty and its not done anything whatsoever.

I've also gone through pretty much an entire bottle of clary sage oil. Nada.

I hope it's different for you!
    Last edited by sweetbabu; 12-06-2017 at 9:53 AM.
    • sweetbabu
    • By sweetbabu 11th Jun 17, 11:07 PM
    • 151 Posts
    • 115 Thanks
    sweetbabu
    Fluffy, I just bought a few packs of five boy short-type pants from tesco in a bigger size than normal. They stay up now even though I'm the size of a whale.
    • cats2012
    • By cats2012 12th Jun 17, 2:39 AM
    • 1,168 Posts
    • 1,271 Thanks
    cats2012
    Congrats April!!! Sorry it didn't all go now you would have liked but he's here now :-) :-)

Take care of yourself xx
    Last edited by cats2012; 12-06-2017 at 2:44 AM.
    Officially Mrs B as of March 2013
    TTC since Apr 2015, baby B born March 2017
    • ellesbellesxxx
    • By ellesbellesxxx 12th Jun 17, 7:29 AM
    • 1,069 Posts
    • 2,217 Thanks
    ellesbellesxxx
    Hello everyone and congrats April!
    Just to let you know the twins are here and are two weeks old
    Managed to have a v birth but needed forceps to get them both out.
    Life has been a whirlwind but an amazing one xx
    • cats2012
    • By cats2012 12th Jun 17, 8:58 AM
    • 1,168 Posts
    • 1,271 Thanks
    cats2012
    Congrats to you too ellesbelles !
    Officially Mrs B as of March 2013
    TTC since Apr 2015, baby B born March 2017
    • snowscreamer
    • By snowscreamer 12th Jun 17, 9:00 AM
    • 496 Posts
    • 273 Thanks
    snowscreamer
    Lots of babies! Congrats elles and april!

Definitely getting prematurely excited yesterday. Slept really well (which is somehow annoying - almost wanted to wake in pain!) and nada this morning so far. I hope at least that during those hours where I was uncomfortable at least something was happening to bring me closer to meeting baby snow...

Just carrying on for now and still making plans etc. Otherwise I will just get way too frustrated.
    • sweetbabu
    • By sweetbabu 12th Jun 17, 9:54 AM
    • 151 Posts
    • 115 Thanks
    sweetbabu
    Wow, Elle - i don't think I could've had twins naturally

Massive congratulations, hope everything is well x
    • Lifestartsat40
    • By Lifestartsat40 12th Jun 17, 10:25 AM
    • 36 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Lifestartsat40
    Congrats Elles & April! xx
    • penguingirl
    • By penguingirl 12th Jun 17, 11:17 AM
    • 1,350 Posts
    • 1,143 Thanks
    penguingirl
    Congrats April and elle! I hope you have had some sleep April
    • vanilla8
    • By vanilla8 12th Jun 17, 12:13 PM
    • 607 Posts
    • 413 Thanks
    vanilla8
    Congrats April, sounds a bit like my experience, it's frustrating to get so close to a vaginal delivery. I'm amazed as how my scar has healed and how I'm feeling two weeks later though.

Congrats to you too ellesbelles!
    • firebird082
    • By firebird082 12th Jun 17, 4:58 PM
    • 545 Posts
    • 433 Thanks
    firebird082
    Congratulations Elles and April - good that the babies have started arriving!

Still nothing but occasional mild period type pains here - reckon there's some early stuff going on, but I'm not expecting an imminent arrival OH and I are both perennial latecomers, so don't see why we should expect baby to any different!
    • arbrighton
    • By arbrighton 12th Jun 17, 5:40 PM
    • 1,932 Posts
    • 1,783 Thanks
    arbrighton
    FIngers crossed for you Firebird, and that baby Snow has got moving too

I've just had last chiro appt and left with 'when bean is born, yes I'll book and I KNOW that I 'm not allowed in without bringing them to show off!'
    • sweetbabu
    • By sweetbabu 12th Jun 17, 5:52 PM
    • 151 Posts
    • 115 Thanks
    sweetbabu
    Due date today and not a peep from baby. Everyone keeps asking if there's any news. Like we'd not tell them if there was!

I feel sore and achy and had a good cry to myself while scrubbing the bathroom Got another client booked tomorrow.

Midwife said she'd phone to do a sweep on the way home from her shift at the hospital today if she had time, so I'm guessing not. She said if not, she'd fit me in tomorrow.

Firebird, good luck with the meeting tomorrow if you still need to go!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,086Posts Today

6,839Users online

Martin's Twitter