Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • becca0417
    • By becca0417 10th Feb 14, 7:07 PM
    • 3,107Posts
    • 14,372Thanks
    becca0417
    MSE Pregnancy Club 28
    • 10th Feb 14, 7:07 PM
    MSE Pregnancy Club 28 10th Feb 14 at 7:07 PM
    MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

What's it about?

Back in July 2006 Bailey started this thread to help all pregnant MoneySavers and their partners save on anything pregnancy-related plus give each other moral support. It's been hugely popular and now has a long list of pregnant mothers-to-be.

Now it's not just for those that are pregnant but also those trying to conceive and MoneySavers that have probably already given birth and yet are probably too tired to let everyone know.

What should you do?

As well as being a great source of tips, baby-related bargains spotted, mutual support and help MoneySavers here have also gradually built up a list, adding themselves to one of these categories (the last one, people are moved to for obvious reasons!):

EDD (Estimated due date if you're pregnant)
    TTC (trying to conceive if you're not) we now have 2 seperate threads for people TTC - 'Trying for a Baby' and 'Trying for a baby (12+ M/not straightforward)'
    Birth List
    Probably given birth but too worn out to log on list

If you want to add yourself to the list follow these steps:

Click on the link at the top of this page that says "Last" (it'll take you to the last page of the discussion)
    Scroll down until you find the message with the very latest copy of the list in (if you use one further up the discussion other peoples' changes after that will be lost)
    Copy that (highlight it and click control+c)
    Click reply at the bottom of the thread to open a screen where you can past it (click control+p)
    Add yourself to the list then click save
    And don't feel shy. Introduce yourself, say hello and ask a question if you need to.

Plus, if you're thinking of how to cut down on nappy costs remember to have a read of the Nappy MoneySaving article too and for later down the line if you need childcare first read the Childcare Vouchers article.

Also please don't forget that this is a public forum and anyone could be reading it. Don't let this put you off discussing anything personal, just please be aware that the people posting on the thread may not be the only ones reading (it may just be that these people, aka lurkers, are too shy to post).

If you're new to the Forum it can look scattergun but read down and remember it's a conversation, starting with first post, scrolling forward for the latest. To reply you'll need to join the Forum but it's free to do.

This is a continuation of this thread which will be closed due to it's length.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 08-09-2014 at 11:47 AM.
    First baby due 3/3/14 - Team Yellow! Our little girl born 25/2/14
Page 495
    • april87
    • By april87 19th May 17, 8:25 AM
    • 335 Posts
    • 162 Thanks
    april87
    Poodle my trainer said the same. She tried Les Mills classes after about 3 weeks - Body Combat she was fine with but she tried Body Attack after 4 weeks and wee'd herself Think I'll be giving them a bash before going back into the gym, especially as you get a free trial for Les Mills at home.

I had such a rubbish night. Couldn't fall asleep due to what I think was Braxton Hicks, although they are starting to get a bit sore/uncomfortable and pressure, and a lot more often than they were previously. Woke up constantly throughout the night with them too. I'm hoping this is my body getting a shift on now. Definitely think an easy day is in store although I need to nip into town to pick up a dvd for my sisters birthday and post a card for another birthday. Weather is supposed to be awful this afternoon so hopefully I can just be at ease sitting in watching some tv/possibly napping.

Haha Penguin, one of the many bonuses of baby not being here yet. Although I am looking forward to all the side effects of pregnancy just disappearing once baby is here. Its amazing how quick they disappear.

Snow atleast your able to get a seat, and not long now.
    • Lifestartsat40
    • By Lifestartsat40 19th May 17, 9:16 AM
    • 36 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    Lifestartsat40
    Throwing it down with rain here too I moved into a new house in October and have done quite a bit of planting to the front - a new hedge has gone in and trees at the bottom of the back garden for privacy, so all this rain is saying the water meter at least

April - Yes I will definitely be having the sweeps, funny how I haven't been offered one in my previous pregnancies given that all three were late and two had to be induced - maybe you have to ask for them? The consultant told me that they are great and that it worked for her, but its no good if you have a kind midwife, you need a mean one she said

Off to have my hair done this morning which should mean its ok until baby is about a month old, so looking forward to that. Also met up with two work colleagues for tea last night and they bought me the most generous gift, a large pale pink type canvas storage tub absolutely full of baby things - nappies, sleeping bag, hooded robe, about 3 outfits, shoes, toiletries - I was really blown away by their generosity
    • arbrighton
    • By arbrighton 19th May 17, 9:32 AM
    • 1,934 Posts
    • 1,792 Thanks
    arbrighton
    I'm taking the non-shedding dog to be groomed today, pretty short so hopefully she'll now do until after bean arrival although I always leave her too long anyway. Sod the people (husband, MIL) who like her 'scruffy', they don't brush the matts out and I'm going to have other things to do with my time.

First time the other dog has been left alone since she arrived here though. So that may be 'interesting' and I had best put all shoes away or they'll be in her bed....

Not a bad night's sleep but, with dog timing collection a bit up in the air, have said I won't be going to the meeting as part of the volunteering at the school. So i'll do some reading/ question writing ready for antenatal class tomorrow and midwife on tues (since we're doing my birth preferences, hopefully)
    • penguingirl
    • By penguingirl 19th May 17, 11:02 AM
    • 1,353 Posts
    • 1,147 Thanks
    penguingirl
    The consultant told me that they are great and that it worked for her, but its no good if you have a kind midwife, you need a mean one she said
    Originally posted by Lifestartsat40
    Ha, yes one of the girls in my NCT group was a bit miffed that a student midwife did her sweep as didn't feel it did much at all, whereas another girl had an old-school midwife who got stuck in and said she got her hand right behind baby's head I'm booked in for one next Wednesday if needed.

Just been out for breakfast with an ex colleague who was on her way home from a night shift, was lovely to have a catch up and pancakes & bacon were so delicious I could eat them again. Have been eating so much the last week or so, I think it's tiredness.
    • snowscreamer
    • By snowscreamer 19th May 17, 12:53 PM
    • 499 Posts
    • 273 Thanks
    snowscreamer
    Can someone on a computer repost the lists? I'm losing track with due dates? Is yours this weekend penguingirl? And april87 yours is the end of the month...?

Last full week of work for me next week! Sitting in stool in Pret at the moment with horrid mid-backache on both sides though hoping it'll disappear when I'm back in my desk chair in 15 minutes...

Spending the weekend with DH's cousin who has a 4-month-old. Can't believe how much he appears to have changed in the last 3 months going from photos. Must remember when mine arrives to treasure the early days!
    Cleared my credit card debt of £7123.58 in a year using YNAB! Debt free date 04/12/2015.
    Enjoying sending hundreds of pounds a month to savings rather than debt repayment!
    • penguingirl
    • By penguingirl 19th May 17, 1:36 PM
    • 1,353 Posts
    • 1,147 Thanks
    penguingirl
    Fingers crossed this works (am on my phone)

penguingirl - 20th May
    vanilla - 24th May
    ellesbellesxxx - 31st May (x2)
    april87 - 3rd June
    sweetbabu - 12th June
    firebird082 - 14th June
    Lifestartsat40 - 17th June
    snowscreamer - 21st June
    newthrift - 30th June
    arbrighton - 4th July

When you see this post do your pelvic floor exercises

Hospital Bag List here
    Supplement List and Dosage here

***BIRTH LIST*** - Within the last month or so

Sexymouse - Benjamin Logan - 11th February - 7lb 4oz
    Big5 - Harrison Michael - 16th February - 7lb 12oz
    Cuidadosa - - 18th March - 3lb 7oz; 4lb 5oz - awaiting names
    cats2012 - - Clara Grace - 21st March - 5lb 9oz
    Clarabell1984 - - Corran - 11th April - 7lb

PROBABLY GIVEN BIRTH BUT TOO WORN OUT TO LOG ON TO LIST
    [Allow 2 weeks after EDD before transferring to this list (Max 6 weeks)]

CONTRACTION MASTER TIMER

Please post your birth stories here when you have time/energy
    By my reckoning, that means we are definitely due some babies!

Edit: the links haven't copied over, but that is beyond my addled brain on my phone so this is as close as I can get!
    • cats2012
    • By cats2012 19th May 17, 3:50 PM
    • 1,172 Posts
    • 1,275 Thanks
    cats2012
    Hey ladies I'm so excited for your baby boom!! If anyone has any last min questions I can help with feel free to PM me. Otherwise good luck to you all, I 100% assure you it is all worth it xx
    Officially Mrs B as of March 2013
    TTC since Apr 2015, baby B born March 2017
    • fuzzipeg
    • By fuzzipeg 19th May 17, 4:24 PM
    • 80 Posts
    • 116 Thanks
    fuzzipeg
    1. penguingirl - 20th May
    2. vanilla - 24th May
    3. ellesbellesxxx - 31st May (x2)
    4. april87 - 3rd June
    5. sweetbabu - 12th June
    6. firebird082 - 14th June
    7. Lifestartsat40 - 17th June
    8. snowscreamer - 21st June
    9. newthrift - 30th June
    10. arbrighton - 4th July
    11. fuzzipeg - 5th July

Hospital Bag List here

CONTRACTION MASTER TIMER

MFW 01/01/17 - £123,279.40
    13/02/17 - £119,994.37
    17/02/17 - £111,994.37
    06/04/17 - £110,825.97
    • fuzzipeg
    • By fuzzipeg 19th May 17, 4:26 PM
    • 80 Posts
    • 116 Thanks
    fuzzipeg
    There you go - with quotes and an addition at the bottom.

Seeing the consultant in early June though as expect to be dragged in for an earlier extraction - this one is coming out through the sunroof again - hopefully not under GA this time, but expecting the worst! Curse mutant genes...
    13/02/17 - £119,994.37
    17/02/17 - £111,994.37
    06/04/17 - £110,825.97
    • arbrighton
    • By arbrighton 19th May 17, 4:28 PM
    • 1,934 Posts
    • 1,792 Thanks
    arbrighton
    Oh Hey Fuzzipeg, I'm finally not last on the list any more. On EDD at least, sounds like you'll be holding your little one rather sooner in reality
    • april87
    • By april87 19th May 17, 4:34 PM
    • 335 Posts
    • 162 Thanks
    april87
    Ah baby boom indeed. Anything happening with you Penguin?

Oh def Snow they don't stay small for long.
    • fuzzipeg
    • By fuzzipeg 19th May 17, 5:58 PM
    • 80 Posts
    • 116 Thanks
    fuzzipeg
    Oh Hey Fuzzipeg, I'm finally not last on the list any more. On EDD at least, sounds like you'll be holding your little one rather sooner in reality
    Originally posted by arbrighton
    Yup, anywhere from 21st June as far as we know at the moment. Toddler is none too enthralled by the idea though. Think he's still hoping for a baby "dagin" so fear disappointment will follow...
    13/02/17 - £119,994.37
    17/02/17 - £111,994.37
    06/04/17 - £110,825.97
    • snowscreamer
    • By snowscreamer 19th May 17, 6:03 PM
    • 499 Posts
    • 273 Thanks
    snowscreamer
    Yay thanks for the list reposts ladies! I struggled to concentrate this afternoon; reckon it's been a long week!! Left a little early and planning a nap when I get home...

Various aches and pains today as well; feel like relaxin hormone is ramping up and I'm becoming very hypermobile!! Great news for birth but not so super for getting through the next month...
    Cleared my credit card debt of £7123.58 in a year using YNAB! Debt free date 04/12/2015.
    Enjoying sending hundreds of pounds a month to savings rather than debt repayment!
    • penguingirl
    • By penguingirl 19th May 17, 9:47 PM
    • 1,353 Posts
    • 1,147 Thanks
    penguingirl
    Ah baby boom indeed. Anything happening with you Penguin?.
    Originally posted by april87
    Nope! But scan this afternoon confirmed baby remains head down so that's good. We've been to the pub this evening with the other nct couples and their gorgeous babies, so hoping that kicks off the oxytocin. Did feel weird being the only baby free ones whilst they discussed how little sleep they are having- although mine still feels non existent so not too worried about it! And I had a few sips of prosecco and let OH have a pint as I don't think we'll be back at the hospital tonight. Still having odd bits of cramp, but it never comes to anything. He'll come when he's ready (or evicted)

Hope everyone has a nice weekend planned
    • Ratison
    • By Ratison 20th May 17, 8:26 AM
    • 262 Posts
    • 1,111 Thanks
    Ratison
    1. penguingirl - 20th May
    2. vanilla - 24th May
    3. ellesbellesxxx - 31st May (x2)
    4. april87 - 3rd June
    5. sweetbabu - 12th June
    6. firebird082 - 14th June
    7. Lifestartsat40 - 17th June
    8. snowscreamer - 21st June
    9. newthrift - 30th June
    10. arbrighton - 4th July
    11. fuzzipeg - 5th July
    12. Ratison - 14th July

Hospital Bag List here

CONTRACTION MASTER TIMER

Been meaning to add myself for a while, though I've done nothing but lurk for ages!

Did a hypnobirthing class last weekend so am feeling very relaxed - too laid back maybe as there's still a lot to sort.

Hope you're ok on your due date Penguin!
    Debt free date: 8th June 2015

Bathroom Fund: £4500
    • penguingirl
    • By penguingirl 20th May 17, 11:36 AM
    • 1,353 Posts
    • 1,147 Thanks
    penguingirl
    Welcome fuzzipeg and Ratison hope 3rd trimester treats you well
    • arbrighton
    • By arbrighton 20th May 17, 4:29 PM
    • 1,934 Posts
    • 1,792 Thanks
    arbrighton
    Antenatal class done. Slight issue with change of location and people waiting at the outside door so missing being collected from the inside door. It was PACKED and even more couples than anticipated it seems so they didn't have a big enough room and it was way too hot- I actually went a bit faint at one point. Feel more confident about labour/ birth now and have a list of shopping bits, including a small bag of things for OH at hospital, especially as dads are allowed to stay overnight at ours generally.
    Bit of a chat on the way back in the car about yes, maybe a cleaner is a good idea, if I can get us tidy in the first place, rather than continuing to beat myself up as I can't do what I think I should even before I got pregnant etcetc and yes, OH should really get the part time working request done etcetc
    • newthrift
    • By newthrift 21st May 17, 12:42 PM
    • 1,220 Posts
    • 8,258 Thanks
    newthrift
    Penguin I'm keeping my fingers crossed that baby realises its eviction time asap for you

Been a slightly tough weekend as DH abroad on a stag do, gets back tomorrow though. Been wondering round doing bits of cleaning and tidying (actually think nesting has set in) a bit at a time.
    Hope everyone else is doing ok. I've been reading but just seem to be lacking in energy at the mo.
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year
    Baby Newthrift due June 2017
    • penguingirl
    • By penguingirl 21st May 17, 3:47 PM
    • 1,353 Posts
    • 1,147 Thanks
    penguingirl
    No sign of baby yet. Just been on a walk to encourage some gravity!

Arbrighton- glad your antenatal class was useful

Newthrift- sounds like your body is telling you to rest up
    • april87
    • By april87 21st May 17, 4:01 PM
    • 335 Posts
    • 162 Thanks
    april87
    Hopefully the walk will help Penguin.

Newthrift sounds like you need a break, take it easy.

Ratison I've read a fair bit on Hypnobirthing so I'm hoping it comes in useful when the time comes.

Feeling a bit bleugh, a bit emotional. Had some really sore cramping last night and loads of pressure, between the front and the back. Woke up feeling a bit better and was glad for the sleep. Not quite sure if I've had my 'show' or not, I have read that sometimes it can come in small bits but over a few days. Another one of our NCT group had her baby today. On her due date none the less leaves one person over due before the next baby is due.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,708Posts Today

7,615Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin