Everlasting boilers a shade greener review

Comments

• Dear Everlasting Boilers,

Please take notice you are in breech of your own terms and conditions, in our Boiler Install and Maintenance Agreement on, and whilst trying to resolve these issues with A Shade Greener & Everlasting Boilers, I have been fobbed off, and treated rudely and unfairly.

My issues are outlined below:

It was supposed to be FREE INSTALLATION. Instead I have paid £360 to have my install done. Upon asking for a refund I have been told to draw my attention to certain terms, which still make no mention of any upfront cost, in fact nearly every page of your website, and social media pages state Free installation and No Upfront Cost.

I have paid £360 to have a 28mm Gas run put in. Plus £70 for parts. I would like to draw your attention to your own terms and conditions.

Page 3 of form 9 describes the word "equipment" and it states:

"the goods detailed in paragraph 5 of the cca being a high efficiency grade a condensing boiler together with ALL other parts and components that are CRITICAL in the normal function of the equipment."

Page 5 Section 7.0 states:

"the company will install the Equipment at its own costs and expense"

Page 8 section 5 states:
    "the goods to be supplied under this agreement are a grade a condensing boiler with parts and components necessary for the functioning of the boiler"

I have yet to see a gas boiler, functioning without the use of the correct pipe!

I have signed an agreement for a Veissman Vitodens Grade A efficiency boiler with a "Siemans" wireless room thermostat. Instead I was given a cheaper model which does not reach a signal, and therefore not efficient as it wont turn off the heating when needed, Thus burning more gas than i need. I have had Siemans in the past and have never found these to be of such issue.

I signed an agreement knowing that my current system would benefit from a "power flush" as there was evidence of a build up of deposits. A power flush was not carried out, instead I was given a non powered chemical flush, which has resulted in sludge deposits in one radiator of my system, despite our agreement at "schedule 1 - The company's responsibilities", section 7.1 where it states:

"the company will undertake a gas safety and POWER flush".

One radiator is not working due to a defective Thermostatic Radiator Valve or 'T' Section of pipe, which is causing the pin to not operate correctly, reducing the flow of water. I notified you of this problem on Friday the 10th of January, 2014. At first I was told that I had to replace those parts, as I, the consumer, was responsible for the upkeep of the pipes and valves. Unfortunately, this is not the case as you have provided the Radiator Valves, and 'T' sections of pipe, and even though they were "Free", under my consumer rights, you obliged to replace these.

Since notifying you on Friday the 10th January, 2014, I still have not had an engineer to my property, to replicate my issues, despite our agreement at "schedule 1 - The company's responsibilities", section 9.2 where it states:

"if the company receives the repair call from the customer after 10am on any day, a technician will endeavour to arrive at the property to check the equipment before the end of the next working day"

It is therefore my conclusion that you are in breech of our agreement. And I would like to request the following remedies:

1. I would like a Refund for £360 for the installation of additional pipework carried out. The pipework will remain my property as I had purchased this using my own method of payment from a supplier.

2. I would like a Siemans Wireless Thermostat as Advertised.

3. I would like a technician to fix the issue with my Radiator on a day that's convenient for myself.

4. I would a power flush carried out on my system on a day that is convenient for myself.

Please note, should we not resolve this within 14 days, I will be forced to take legal action through the county court.

Yours Faithfully,

Kevin Kiernan
    Please note I no longer wish to deal with phone calls, and i want to stress that i will accept contact via letter, and email only.

Please also note permission to access my property has been removed, and will only be granted after first having made a prior appointment. Please do not trespass on my property.
  • jaybeetoo
    jaybeetoo Posts: 1,335
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I think you have a strong case for the Siemens controller and the broken TRV.

Playing devils advocate I think the extra gas pipe may be more of a problem. They would argue your house wasn't suitable in that the gas supply wasn't sufficient for your new boiler so a new gas supply pipe was required. I assume the old pipe was a smaller diameter. However, I would have expected them to raise this when they came to your house for the initial survey before contract.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    jaybeetoo wrote: »
    I think you have a strong case for the Siemens controller and the broken TRV.

Playing devils advocate I think the extra gas pipe may be more of a problem. They would argue your house wasn't suitable in that the gas supply wasn't sufficient for your new boiler so a new gas supply pipe was required. I assume the old pipe was a smaller diameter. However, I would have expected them to raise this when they came to your house for the initial survey before contract.
    Agree with this.Their terms as quoted by the OP clearly state the free installation would only be if the house was suitable. Clearly the gas pipe wasn't suitable and had to be upgraded and as such the OP would be charged.
  • Hi

Do you have a copy of their terms and conditions?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,175
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I have a solid fuel central heating system with 6 rads, hot water cylinder and header tank. I was talking to Everlasting Boilers about having it replaced with one of their boilers on a monthly plan. On the phone I got the feeling that the person I was speaking to didn't understand what solid fuel CH was and seemed to think they could replace it all with their combi boiler with no extra installation charges. I explained that I have a gas connection to the property but no gas appliances inside the property. She just said that as long as I get the gas meter fitted first then they can do my boiler install.

They are sending someone to do a survey next Monday and said that If I choose to go ahead they can have it done next week too (probably not as I won't be waiving the cooling off period).

I have a feeling they only do straight forward "boiler swap" jobs not full CH conversions but anyway we'll wait and see what the survey bloke says. :rotfl:
  • TheSaint_2
    TheSaint_2 Posts: 1,011
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    These deals are never deals. The company charges you full price for the boiler and fitting and them claims from the gov't too.

Your total paid is just under £2000 for a viesmann boiler fitted? I ordered a viesmann for about £900 (4 bed house 40kw boiler) it does not usually take £1000 just to fit a boiler, so even at £2000 you are still getting ripped off.

I paid £2500 inc. the boiler for my whole house to be done, all new pipes and radiators.

Always use a local gas fitter, the chains doing the green deal are just rip off merchants.
  • mattyprice4004
    mattyprice4004 Posts: 7,492
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    MrKIernan wrote: »
    22 views and no replies? Really?

It was an hour since you posted the thread for god's sake, if you want instant replies ring a solicitor.
  • Spank
    Spank Posts: 1,751
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    It was an hour since you posted the thread for god's sake, if you want instant replies ring a solicitor.

It was 6 months ago he posted that, one extreme to the other :rotfl:
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,175
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Do Everlasting Boilers use their own installers and branded vans or do they contract it out to other firms?
  • Kazaa218917
    Kazaa218917 Posts: 45 Forumite
    Hi guys. Not sure if anyone has used these folk recently.
    Ive just been to the a shade of green website and received a call from one of their sales reps.
    Same offer on the table.... £9.99 for the first 12 months then £38 thereafter.

Can anyone shine any light on the "land registry charge" mentioned earlier? What is this charge exactly? What does it mean? The property I live in belongs in the name of my wofe and I would rather have a credit check done against me than get my wife into the shitter because of a scam
    The rep also said to me that the inflation is capped at 3% so the most the price will go up by is £1 a year. The buyout cost of the boiler is £2700 for the first 4 years then decreases after that.
    After reading this thread im confused. Is it a one off incident? Or truely a con?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback