Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Indie Kid
    • By Indie Kid 6th Jan 14, 1:31 PM
    • 21,633Posts
    • 29,331Thanks
    Indie Kid
    Things that made you smile
    • 6th Jan 14, 1:31 PM
    Things that made you smile 6th Jan 14 at 1:31 PM
    We have a what's irritating you thread, and I think we need a thread for things that have made us smile, etc.

Me - well, we have a puppy who is now 8 months. I let her out this morning and was hoping to keep the door open for her to come in. But it was too windy. I was stood by the door waiting for her, expecting to see her come down the steps.

I then heard a tap at the door. She'd come down the steps, which I hadn't seen and tapped to be let in. She also taps to go out.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
Page 139
    • quoia
    • By quoia 5th Feb 18, 4:13 PM
    • 13,500 Posts
    • 141,421 Thanks
    quoia
    I can't bring myself to thank the one with the knives, it is just disgusting that someone would do that to themselves
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    That's why I had to post it - so grotesque I couldn't look at it, but I'd already seen it!
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    The thing is, I'm all for freedom of expression and choice; however, what worries me is how these people might view their 'alterations' in twenty years time.

At least with small piercings, the holes have a chance to close up, and/or be disguised.

And it's the same with facial tattoos.
    There was a time when no tattooist would do a face.
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    Guess that he didn't have room on the kitchen work surface for a knife block
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•Ώ•)›
    ‹(•Ώ•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 5th Feb 18, 4:56 PM
    • 33,158 Posts
    • 122,201 Thanks
    Pyxis
    The latest Lolcats posts.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 5th Feb 18, 7:52 PM
    • 3,022 Posts
    • 11,843 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Pray tell Knight of the highland highways, the mighty chariot you speak of that graces the drive your country estate is ..... ?
    Originally posted by quoia
    it is a Dacia Logan, 1.5 diesel
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 78.7
    Total so far - 530.8
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 6th Feb 18, 8:15 AM
    • 7,460 Posts
    • 9,718 Thanks
    Sleazy
    it is a Dacia Logan, 1.5 diesel
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    Don't have a car at the moment, but considering a Sandero Stepway. The Dacia range seems pretty good value to me.
    Sleazy
    Last Of The Lounge Lizards Couch Potatoes
    • Kered
    • By Kered 6th Feb 18, 8:37 AM
    • 2,991 Posts
    • 16,756 Thanks
    Kered
    Let sleeping bear lie

wherever they may be
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 6th Feb 18, 2:22 PM
    • 3,022 Posts
    • 11,843 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Don't have a car at the moment, but considering a Sandero Stepway. The Dacia range seems pretty good value to me.
    It was the VFM that I went for, a brand new estate car for £10K, had it almost a year now and getting 56 mpg average (more on a long run)

I had spoken to a couple of AA men and they had never had a call out to a Dacia other than for a burst tyre and I also did a deal on the finance where I made a profit rather than pay any interest

This week - 78.7
    Total so far - 530.8
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 7th Feb 18, 5:10 PM
    • 3,022 Posts
    • 11,843 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Dog found yet another football in the bushes and is now in the process of peeling it
    I tried to play with him but he is not interested, there now looks like a blizzard has hit my livingroom carpet with all the bits of the balls skin lying about

This week - 78.7
    Total so far - 530.8
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 8th Feb 18, 11:54 AM
    • 7,460 Posts
    • 9,718 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Sleazy
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 8th Feb 18, 12:07 PM
    • 13,792 Posts
    • 52,398 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Finally, after much prevarication and procrastination, fitted the 2 new kitchen cabinet doors
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...

Finito
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 9th Feb 18, 7:40 PM
    • 1,985 Posts
    • 6,015 Thanks
    Penitent
    I was bricking it over starting a thread asking for help with actually fixing some stuff in my life that I usually just whinge about. Previous attempts to get help with similar issues from the Housing subforum produced what I will tactfully call "mixed results". So far, response has been both lovely and incredibly helpful. I'm feeling a bit soppy about it. MSE can be a bear pit, but it can be a kitten pit too.

(I was going to say shark pit instead of bear pit, then then I couldn't decide if that was a thing and I decided a shark would probably just die if you stuck it a pit...maybe a water-filled pit. I think I need a new brain.)
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 9th Feb 18, 7:47 PM
    • 33,158 Posts
    • 122,201 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I was bricking it over starting a thread asking for help with actually fixing some stuff in my life that I usually just whinge about. Previous attempts to get help with similar issues from the Housing subforum produced what I will tactfully call "mixed results". So far, response has been both lovely and incredibly helpful. I'm feeling a bit soppy about it. MSE can be a bear pit, but it can be a kitten pit too.

(I was going to say shark pit instead of bear pit, then then I couldn't decide if that was a thing and I decided a shark would probably just die if you stuck it a pit...maybe a water-filled pit. I think I need a new brain.)
    Originally posted by Penitent
    Kitten pit!

So, you won't put sharks in a pit because it's cruel, but you'd put lots of lickle ickle fluffy-wuffy kitty-witties in one?
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 9th Feb 18, 7:49 PM
    • 1,985 Posts
    • 6,015 Thanks
    Penitent
    Kitten pit!

So, you won't put sharks in a pit because it's cruel, but you'd put lots of lickle ickle fluffy-wuffy kitty-witties in one?
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    I bet the kittens would love a good pit. It's like a giant box!
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 9th Feb 18, 7:50 PM
    • 7,460 Posts
    • 9,718 Thanks
    Sleazy
    These look happy enough ...

Sleazy
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 9th Feb 18, 7:53 PM
    • 1,985 Posts
    • 6,015 Thanks
    Penitent
    These look happy enough ...

Oh, good god, I just want to stick my face in it. *melts*
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 11th Feb 18, 11:30 AM
    • 3,022 Posts
    • 11,843 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    This is a truth that I have beleived in for many years.

Men don't care what women wear.

This week - 78.7
    Total so far - 530.8
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 11th Feb 18, 11:48 AM
    • 1,985 Posts
    • 6,015 Thanks
    Penitent
    Yeah, I've got to say that one's an overreach. Back in my dress-wearing days, I'd wear the same one as much as I wanted and felt no pressure to buy a new one each time. I think that particular lack of privilege issue is self-imposed and could easily be avoided by people saying "there's !!!! all wrong with this dress, why would I waste money on a new one?"

It seems to be more of a rich women vs poor women than a men vs women issue.
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 11th Feb 18, 11:56 AM
    • 1,985 Posts
    • 6,015 Thanks
    Penitent
    Unless by "event" they're talking about the Oscars or something. In that case, wearing a new dress each time is because the Oscars is as much a fashion showcase as an awards show, so that'd be like complaining that models walking down the catwalk at a fashion show wear different clothes each time.

If the "events" are Jimmy's wedding and Bob's birthday party, it's entirely self-inflicted.
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 11th Feb 18, 12:24 PM
    • 13,792 Posts
    • 52,398 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Unless by "event" they're talking about the Oscars or something. In that case, wearing a new dress each time is because the Oscars is as much a fashion showcase as an awards show, so that'd be like complaining that models walking down the catwalk at a fashion show wear different clothes each time.

If the "events" are Jimmy's wedding and Bob's birthday party, it's entirely self-inflicted.
    Originally posted by Penitent
    But at a big event like that the dresses are all on loan and some slebs are actually paid to wear them by the designer for the publicity.

Personally I don't care what anyone wears she says sitting there resembling a bag lady
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...

Finito
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 11th Feb 18, 1:17 PM
    • 7,460 Posts
    • 9,718 Thanks
    Sleazy
    But at a big event like that the dresses are all on loan and some slebs are actually paid to wear them by the designer for the publicity.

Personally I don't care what anyone wears she says sitting there resembling a bag lady
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    Oh the temptation to post an image
    I'm a coward - I daren't!
    Sleazy
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 11th Feb 18, 8:55 PM
    • 7,364 Posts
    • 20,355 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    Er, there are bag ladies better turned out than I, but they Care. I don't.

Besides which, the women who titter at my clothing choices do not have to teeter even 10 yards in my boots. I've tried wearing their shoes & endured the treatment for plantar (let alone the twisted ankles etc) in consequence - they can keep their pretty shoes & their pretty getups & their hideous priorities.

I'm just so happy to visit the podiatrist & be told I stand beautifully!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,607Posts Today

8,265Users online

Martin's Twitter