Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Indie Kid
    • By Indie Kid 6th Jan 14, 1:31 PM
    • 21,633Posts
    • 29,331Thanks
    Indie Kid
    Things that made you smile
    • 6th Jan 14, 1:31 PM
    Things that made you smile 6th Jan 14 at 1:31 PM
    We have a what's irritating you thread, and I think we need a thread for things that have made us smile, etc.

Me - well, we have a puppy who is now 8 months. I let her out this morning and was hoping to keep the door open for her to come in. But it was too windy. I was stood by the door waiting for her, expecting to see her come down the steps.

I then heard a tap at the door. She'd come down the steps, which I hadn't seen and tapped to be let in. She also taps to go out.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
Page 122
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 22nd Sep 17, 8:24 AM
    • 31,091 Posts
    • 114,626 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I normally mute them when in a shop but did not this time not a good idea
    Originally posted by colinw
    How do you mute tights?
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • colinw
    • By colinw 22nd Sep 17, 9:04 AM
    • 50,847 Posts
    • 138,943 Thanks
    colinw
    How do you mute tights?
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    Well you just turn the colour down a bit of course
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 22nd Sep 17, 12:13 PM
    • 23,110 Posts
    • 59,823 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Celebrating one year of hitting weight loss target! Been for a facial.

Happy bunny.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • Vickimichelle
    • By Vickimichelle 22nd Sep 17, 4:07 PM
    • 1,580 Posts
    • 5,932 Thanks
    Vickimichelle
    I got engaged today
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 22nd Sep 17, 6:52 PM
    • 7,188 Posts
    • 19,637 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    Huge congratulations Vickimichelle, and do, please, enjoy every minute whilst having a thoughtful read of this forum?!

What made me smile? Husband "dusting" a fleet of tiny model spaceships using an aircompressor about the size of our youngest (15). The size & noise is impressive, but the tiny figures have got dusty & are now dust free & restored to glorious colour.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 22nd Sep 17, 6:58 PM
    • 31,091 Posts
    • 114,626 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I got engaged today
    Originally posted by Vickimichelle

Are we all invited to the wedding?
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• Vickimichelle
    • By Vickimichelle 24th Sep 17, 12:12 AM
    • 1,580 Posts
    • 5,932 Thanks
    Vickimichelle
    Huge congratulations Vickimichelle, and do, please, enjoy every minute whilst having a thoughtful read of this forum?!

What made me smile? Husband "dusting" a fleet of tiny model spaceships using an aircompressor about the size of our youngest (15). The size & noise is impressive, but the tiny figures have got dusty & are now dust free & restored to glorious colour.
    Originally posted by DigForVictory

Are we all invited to the wedding?

Thank you guys
    • quoia
    • By quoia 29th Sep 17, 10:46 PM
    • 13,451 Posts
    • 141,301 Thanks
    quoia
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•Ώ•)›
    ‹(•Ώ•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S ω6.59 so far ..
    • quoia
    • By quoia 29th Sep 17, 11:07 PM
    • 13,451 Posts
    • 141,301 Thanks
    quoia
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•Ώ•)›
    ‹(•Ώ•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S ω6.59 so far ..
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 1st Oct 17, 12:10 PM
    • 2,442 Posts
    • 9,663 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    I saw a deer while out with my dog this morning, thankfully the dog never saw it and I was able to watch it grazing until it became aware of us then it took off over a fence a disappeared into the bushes.
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 3000 miles in 2017 - 3189.5
    This week 56.1
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 1st Oct 17, 1:46 PM
    • 12,997 Posts
    • 49,404 Thanks
    joansgirl
    I saw a deer while out with my dog this morning, thankfully the dog never saw it and I was able to watch it grazing until it became aware of us then it took off over a fence a disappeared into the bushes.
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    We get deer here, more Muntjacs these days since travellers decimated the Roe deer by allowing their damn dogs to hunt them . And although Bails knows full well she can't catch them she always has a blooming good try

She gives up after about 30 or 40 yards usually. Although one day she managed to split a baby one away from it's mother. Thank god she was muzzled because I'm not sure what she would have done if she'd have got hold of it. Poor little thing was squealing like a piggy
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...

Finito
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 10th Oct 17, 11:53 AM
    • 2,442 Posts
    • 9,663 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Looking up a the moon this morning, it looked like there was a vapor trail coming out of it

I know it was just a combination of the trail being there and the angle I was looking up from but it has kept me smiling all morning

This week 56.1
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 25th Oct 17, 1:34 PM
    • 2,442 Posts
    • 9,663 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    On our lunchtime walk my dog went diving into the bottom of a hedge in the park and no amount of coaxing would bring him out, expecting at least a rabbit in his mouth when I finally did drag him clear, I was surprised to find that he had hold of a 3/4 size football and what could only be described as a look of sheer joy on his face

He is now in the process of trying to peel the skin from the ball and keeps coming into the house with it in his mouth to show me that he has got another bit off

This week 56.1
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 25th Oct 17, 1:41 PM
    • 12,997 Posts
    • 49,404 Thanks
    joansgirl
    On our lunchtime walk my dog went diving into the bottom of a hedge in the park and no amount of coaxing would bring him out, expecting at least a rabbit in his mouth when I finally did drag him clear, I was surprised to find that he had hold of a 3/4 size football and what could only be described as a look of sheer joy on his face

He is now in the process of trying to peel the skin from the ball and keeps coming into the house with it in his mouth to show me that he has got another bit off
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    It's "Treasure" Wiz, anything they find outside or on their own is regarded as treasure.

I carry a ball in my pocket and sometimes Bailie will carry it for a while but eventually she'll just dump it down somewhere. But if she finds one under a bush or something you can't get it off her. She will carry it all the way round the walk and then bring it indoors to add to her collection

If it's a stick she picks up a similar thing occurs. But if I ever dare touch that stick for any reason (to help her through a narrow space with it or to break off a sticky up, dangerous looking bit) it's immediately rejected

Finito
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 25th Oct 17, 1:43 PM
    • 31,091 Posts
    • 114,626 Thanks
    Pyxis
    It's "Treasure" Wiz, anything they find outside or on their own is regarded as treasure.

I carry a ball in my pocket and sometimes Bailie will carry it for a while but eventually she'll just dump it down somewhere. But if she finds one under a bush or something you can't get it off her. She will carry it all the way round the walk and then bring it indoors to add to her collection

If it's a stick she picks up a similar thing occurs. But if I ever dare touch that stick for any reason (to help her through a narrow space with it or to break off a sticky up, dangerous looking bit) it's immediately rejected
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    Dunno about treasure, more likely to be PREY! Bruhahahahahaha!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 25th Oct 17, 1:48 PM
    • 12,997 Posts
    • 49,404 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Dunno about treasure, more likely to be PREY! Bruhahahahahaha!
    Not in Bailie's case, it's more likely to be carrion

Finito
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 25th Oct 17, 2:11 PM
    • 31,091 Posts
    • 114,626 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Not in Bailie's case, it's more likely to be carrion
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    Carrion, footballs, twigs, slippers, golf balls, newspapers, cyclists, it's all PREY!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• uberalles
    • By uberalles 27th Oct 17, 8:43 AM
    • 4,043 Posts
    • 8,338 Thanks
    uberalles
    Fulfilled a fairly simple, yet 35 years waiting, dream last night. Got to see Squeeze who are probably just about my favourite band just for pure number of songs you can never grow tired of.

They made their name in the music scene where I grew up in Deptford, South London at the same time as Dire Straits who were slumming it in the flats near to me.

Brilliant concert last night, a great mix of all their hits and their new stuff. Glenn Tilbrook has simply maintained that great voice but, as much as I love the deep tones of Chris Difford, he could not quite get the fast pace of Cool for Cats, quite understandable. Still great however.

Supported by Nine Below Zero who for me were great musically but most of their lyrics a little bland. Some good Blues'y sounds though.

A happy man.
    Last edited by uberalles; 28-10-2017 at 5:51 PM.
    Lost fears of love come flooding back, every time you cry gives me a little heart attack
    There's fewer more distressing sights than that of an British man in a baseball cap.
    Grab a little pickle & a little slap & tickle, you have to throw a stone to get the pool to ripple.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 27th Oct 17, 10:50 AM
    • 50,847 Posts
    • 138,943 Thanks
    colinw
    Fulfilled a fairly simple, yet 35 years waiting, dream last night. Got to see Squeeze who are probably just about my favourite band just for pure number of songs you can never grow tired of.

They made their name in the music scene where I grew up in Deptford, South London at the same time as Dire Straits who were slumming it in the flats near to me.

Brilliant concert last night, a great mix of all their hits and their new stuff. Glenn Tilbrook has simply maintained that great voice but, as much as I love the deep tones of Chris Difford, he could not quite get the fast pace of Cool for Cats, quite understandable. Still great however.

Supported by Nine Below Zero who for me were great muscally but most of their lyrics a little bland. Some good Blues'y sounds though.

A happy man.
    Originally posted by uberalles
    I love Squeeze, I have seen them at the Newcastle City Hall throughout the years. I still think "Up the Junction" is one of the most perfect 45's ever.
    • uberalles
    • By uberalles 27th Oct 17, 12:11 PM
    • 4,043 Posts
    • 8,338 Thanks
    uberalles
    I love Squeeze, I have seen them at the Newcastle City Hall throughout the years. I still think "Up the Junction" is one of the most perfect 45's ever.
    Originally posted by colinw
    I agree, love their storytellling and they quite often reference towns / places I know. I think Chris Difford is a fantastic lyricist.

My favourite constantly changes but I always enjoy hearing "Take me I'm yours" for all the different sections and stages. For example, take the lyrics out, which I think are great, yet you still have a change of and variety of musical types.
    Lost fears of love come flooding back, every time you cry gives me a little heart attack
    There's fewer more distressing sights than that of an British man in a baseball cap.
    Grab a little pickle & a little slap & tickle, you have to throw a stone to get the pool to ripple.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,566Posts Today

9,283Users online

Martin's Twitter