Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Indie Kid
    • By Indie Kid 6th Jan 14, 1:31 PM
    • 21,636Posts
    • 29,331Thanks
    Indie Kid
    Things that made you smile
    • 6th Jan 14, 1:31 PM
    Things that made you smile 6th Jan 14 at 1:31 PM
    We have a what's irritating you thread, and I think we need a thread for things that have made us smile, etc.

Me - well, we have a puppy who is now 8 months. I let her out this morning and was hoping to keep the door open for her to come in. But it was too windy. I was stood by the door waiting for her, expecting to see her come down the steps.

I then heard a tap at the door. She'd come down the steps, which I hadn't seen and tapped to be let in. She also taps to go out.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
Page 107
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 18th Apr 17, 7:10 PM
    • 6,910 Posts
    • 15,221 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker

Too much "The Last Kingdom"!
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    Au contraire . . not enough!!

It was funny especially when you see the size of some of our pan lids!!
    Should have joined Borrowmydoggy.com
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 21st Apr 17, 8:36 AM
    • 12,194 Posts
    • 46,695 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Despite rubbish interest rates I've managed to make a profit!
    • cbrown372
    • By cbrown372 21st Apr 17, 8:41 AM
    • 1,192 Posts
    • 3,691 Thanks
    cbrown372
    The fact that it's Friday today
    Its not that we have more patience as we grow older, its just that we're too tired to care about all the pointless drama
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 22nd Apr 17, 12:07 PM
    • 1,687 Posts
    • 7,371 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    I found a total of 7 pence in 3 different locations today while out walking the dog
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 miles in 2017 - 2027.6
    This week 70.3
    • quoia
    • By quoia 22nd Apr 17, 4:08 PM
    • 13,350 Posts
    • 141,116 Thanks
    quoia
    I found a total of 7 pence in 3 different locations today while out walking the dog
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    In a car dismantlers last week requiring a couple of small bits from a Citroen and there were coins everywhere

Glove box, door pockets, ash tray, spare wheel well and under the back seat.

Not quite hundreds of sovereigns inside an old piano but £1.62 nevertheless
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S ω6.59 so far ..
    • bushbaby1103
    • By bushbaby1103 22nd Apr 17, 8:00 PM
    • 4,800 Posts
    • 7,828 Thanks
    bushbaby1103
    A cute young boy(20's)flirted with me in KFC today. He was lovely looking with thick curly hair and well defined biceps , may have been a scaffolder working on the high st. It made my day because it's easy to feel invisible once you reach middle age.. it was sunny too, double bonus!
    Yes, it's true hell IS other people
    And remember the problem is them, not you.
    Devilsand demons walk among us in human form.wake up people, it's a man.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 22nd Apr 17, 8:36 PM
    • 28,080 Posts
    • 102,459 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    There is an awful lot of money lying around on the ground! I am always seeing small coins.

It would all add up if picked up diligently.

At one time in my life I did just that. At a time when I had to budget to see if I could afford a Mars bar as a treat, finding pennies and twopence pieces was a bonus.

One time, I was standing at a bus stop next to a grass verge, and suddenly spotted a pound coin in the grass! I was thrilled to bits, as this was 30 years ago when a pound was worth something! It was, to me, a windfall!

Nowadays I don't pick coins up, as I am ok now, so would rather leave them for someone in the situation I was in once.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, P.P..
    ¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • cbrown372
    • By cbrown372 22nd Apr 17, 8:49 PM
    • 1,192 Posts
    • 3,691 Thanks
    cbrown372
    Watching BGT tonight, its been really good!
    Its not that we have more patience as we grow older, its just that we're too tired to care about all the pointless drama
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 22nd Apr 17, 9:34 PM
    • 1,687 Posts
    • 7,371 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    There is an awful lot of money lying around on the ground! I am always seeing small coins.

At one time in my life I did just that. At a time when I had to budget to see if I could afford a Mars bar as a treat, finding pennies and twopence pieces was a bonus.

One time, I was standing at a bus stop next to a grass verge, and suddenly spotted a pound coin in the grass! I was thrilled to bits, as this was 30 years ago when a pound was worth something! It was, to me, a windfall!

Nowadays I don't pick coins up, as I am ok now, so would rather leave them for someone in the situation I was in once.
    I can't help myself
    The only time that I don't pick up money is if I am on someone's property, doing deliveries or visiting.
    Like you, I don't particularly need the money but it does give me a fair bit of pleasure finding loose change lying about and sometimes notes as well

This week 70.3
    • Ash Mc
    • By Ash Mc 23rd Apr 17, 12:33 AM
    • 153 Posts
    • 311 Thanks
    Ash Mc

Great post That last sentence especially is really nice
    • candygirl
    • By candygirl 23rd Apr 17, 4:51 AM
    • 25,526 Posts
    • 103,182 Thanks
    candygirl
    Watching my baby Bonnie trying to run in with a massive stick, n not realising the doorway was too narrow
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004)
    • mattytun
    • By mattytun 24th Apr 17, 7:11 PM
    • 13,061 Posts
    • 228,747 Thanks
    mattytun
    spring Lambs in the fields at this time of year.
    Can't sleep, quit counting sheep and talk directly to the shepherd
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 25th Apr 17, 7:25 AM
    • 1,687 Posts
    • 7,371 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Lying in bed listening to my nieghbours scraping the frozen snow/ice off their cars

This week 70.3
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 25th Apr 17, 1:24 PM
    • 1,687 Posts
    • 7,371 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    After brushing the dog I saved the hair and put it outside in a holder for the birds to possibly use for nesting, it was with great joy this morning that I saw both a blue tit and a sparrow collecting the hair

This week 70.3
    • colinw
    • By colinw 25th Apr 17, 1:32 PM
    • 49,602 Posts
    • 135,729 Thanks
    colinw
    The pandas doing the conga that I passed this morning on the way to the bus stop......
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 25th Apr 17, 1:43 PM
    • 28,080 Posts
    • 102,459 Thanks
    Pyxis
    The pandas doing the conga that I passed this morning on the way to the bus stop......
    Originally posted by colinw

I think you are jetlagged! You're having hallucinations!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, P.P..
    ¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 25th Apr 17, 6:20 PM
    • 12,194 Posts
    • 46,695 Thanks
    joansgirl
    A family of Starlings has discovered my bird feeder

They're giving that fat pigeon a run for his/her money. Gawd, they're greedy. I put a mealy worm stuffed half coconut out there yesterday and today it's nearly all gone
    • uberalles
    • By uberalles 30th Apr 17, 2:59 PM
    • 4,002 Posts
    • 8,214 Thanks
    uberalles
    Bottas, well done, held off the charge. Good to hear Deutschlandlied played, after the Finnish anthem, for Mercedes.

More to the point , well done Vettel , what a man !! (won't call him Sebastian or Seb, I don't know him) .
    A heart that's...full up like a landfill...a job that slowly kills you...bruises that won't heal.
    He knows there's fewer more distressing sights than that of an British man in a baseball cap.
    I got so tired of concluding that there's nothing for us to conclude.....
    • uberalles
    • By uberalles 30th Apr 17, 3:02 PM
    • 4,002 Posts
    • 8,214 Thanks
    uberalles
    Well done to The Lions. Gave my ticket for Bristol Rovers away, away, as I was, am, fed up with the manager Harris. But fair enough, we go again to the play-offs and as always we fear-no-foe.
    Last edited by uberalles; 30-04-2017 at 3:26 PM.
    A heart that's...full up like a landfill...a job that slowly kills you...bruises that won't heal.
    He knows there's fewer more distressing sights than that of an British man in a baseball cap.
    • uberalles
    • By uberalles 30th Apr 17, 3:27 PM
    • 4,002 Posts
    • 8,214 Thanks
    uberalles
    Channel 4 F1 just interviewed Hamilton.

Why, was he racing this weekend?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

53Posts Today

2,992Users online

Martin's Twitter