Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Truepat
    Hewlett Packard Instant Ink
    • 6th Jan 14, 1:05 PM
    Hewlett Packard Instant Ink 6th Jan 14 at 1:05 PM
    Has anybody ever used HP's instant ink service.
    My nephew got an HP Envy 5530 printer for Christmas and JL mentions "Instant Ink" on their site. I have never heard of it and I know nobody who has used it.

My nephew will be using very occasional printing (<50 pages per month) so the basic package at £1.99 per month would be appropriate but I have no idea if that is a good deal or not. The hype seems to imply it is a reasonable saving over original refills (but no mention about "compatible" cartridges).

The standard cartridge only lasts for about 200 pages.
    35, semi retired, sun, sand, sea, life is good
    When you are done moaning remember that there are people who would love to have your standard of living!
Page 2
    • dipsomaniac
    • By dipsomaniac 10th Mar 17, 2:08 PM
    • 5,453 Posts
    • 2,050 Thanks
    dipsomaniac
    the best printer decision i ever made as it takes all the grief out of buying replacement cartridges. my old printer took 4 x cartridges that averaged £15 each. they all used to empty at different times and i resented paying for them. also, you never knew if you were getting genuine cartridges or if they would arrive half full. now i don't even think about ink. the piece of mind is worth ever penny of the 1.99 i pay each month.
    "The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
    • Hugocat83
    • By Hugocat83 19th Mar 17, 12:40 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Hugocat83
    If anyone needs a referral code for 2 x months free ink please use

FREEINK

And then

h6czB
    Cheers
    Rach
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,696Posts Today

7,362Users online

Martin's Twitter