Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Glad
    • By Glad 3rd Jan 14, 6:38 PM
    • 17,746Posts
    • 38,245Thanks
    Glad
    Money Savers Arms CXXVI - serving beer, wine, soft drinks, tea, coffee - all welcome
    • 3rd Jan 14, 6:38 PM
    Money Savers Arms CXXVI - serving beer, wine, soft drinks, tea, coffee - all welcome 3rd Jan 14 at 6:38 PM

Good evening all

and welcome to a brand new Arms

a place to chill and chat

for everyone

I'm a Board Guide on the Money Savers Arms, Discussion Time, Wales, Competitions, Marriage Relationships & Families, Health and Pet Care boards. However, please do remember, board guides don't read every post. if you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    Compers please read the Comping Guide
Page 921
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 8th Jul 17, 12:24 AM
    • 40,304 Posts
    • 80,504 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Yes but you are a very supportive Dad. Life is really hard at times.
    It has been a very difficult week in real life and on here I can tell you!
    Both Sleazy and I have had - No I will keep it happy.
    This thread has become a really great thread now. Gosh, it has taken nearly a year to get it back to a good form of banter. Do you agree?
    Originally posted by Tipsntreats
    It has been hard work, and sometimes simply a chore to keep the thread going, but now it is a nice place to visit.
    It's a happy place and I enjoy coming here.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 8th Jul 17, 12:32 AM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,688 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    So we succeeded.
    I will bid you Goodnight now and we will carry on on the morrow.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 8th Jul 17, 12:36 AM
    • 40,304 Posts
    • 80,504 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    So we succeeded.
    I will bid you Goodnight now and we will carry on on the morrow.
    Originally posted by Tipsntreats
    G'night m'dear. Take care and chats again soonly.
    I don't have a sister.

• Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 8th Jul 17, 5:36 AM
    • 6,403 Posts
    • 6,205 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Looks like the transformation is complete ..............
    Originally posted by The Last Username
    Good Morning all.
    LUNi - that is SO funny! I can't stop laughing .... Will probably chuckle all the way to Stafford
    My pretty just heard me larfin' so much that she got up to see what I was up to. I think she liked my 'transformation' greatly. Now she's gone back to bed while I decide /prepare what to do.

Catch up with the rest of you pub crawlers later.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 8th Jul 17, 9:06 AM
    • 40,304 Posts
    • 80,504 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Good morning all spuds and pee-opolees.

It be another sultry day by here in the land of the summer settlers. Brekkers now then we will be orf to see R Mar with a little light shopping on the way back. We need to get some replacement mince pies, but this time they will be going in the safe.

Chats laterer.
    I don't have a sister.

• motivated
    • By motivated 8th Jul 17, 9:43 AM
    • 2,227 Posts
    • 3,139 Thanks
    motivated

Hi guys, been talking about me in my absence have ya. I have read back and still smell a hint of accusations with a sprinkle of sarcasm thrown in regarding a certain pastry treat that has been misplaced by a said Fruitiful Hooman bean.

Well I was persuaded to join my colleagues in the local for a couple of liquid treats after a hard week at Borstal school. A lady has a milestone birthday soon so lots of people attended not one of my best ideas. Rolled home at 1am You know when something is a good idea at the time
    There was a time when I could go all night, pardon the pun

I'm off to find a witness who can help prove my innocence regarding the pastry thief
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 8th Jul 17, 10:27 AM
    • 40,304 Posts
    • 80,504 Thanks
    Fruitcake

Hi guys, been talking about me in my absence have ya. I have read back and still smell a hint of accusations with a sprinkle of sarcasm thrown in regarding a certain pastry treat that has been misplaced by a said Fruitiful Hooman bean.

Well I was persuaded to join my colleagues in the local for a couple of liquid treats after a hard week at Borstal school. A lady has a milestone birthday soon so lots of people attended not one of my best ideas. Rolled home at 1am You know when something is a good idea at the time
    There was a time when I could go all night, pardon the pun

I'm off to find "persuade" a witness who can help prove my innocence regarding the pastry thief
    Originally posted by motivated
    Good morning Moti. How's the head?

I understand the problem you faced last night. Many a time people have dragged me out kicking and screaming in order to pour alcohol down my throat against my will.

Now whom has been accusing whom about the loss of the aforementioned pies?
    I don't have a sister.

• Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 8th Jul 17, 11:08 AM
    • 6,403 Posts
    • 6,205 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Hello from Stafford people.
    Rosie, when you say 'rolled' home, is that literally? I mean I nose you said about bein' built fer comfort, but oi wouldn't 'ave been so familiar as to call you rotund.

About the pies - reckon spud is tryin' to tell we summat
    • The Last Username
    • By The Last Username 8th Jul 17, 11:45 AM
    • 3,218 Posts
    • 7,223 Thanks
    The Last Username
    OoohH!
    *Looks over shoulder to check that Mrs LUN is not in the vicinity*
    Rosie, you is sounding more 'n' more like my kinda woman!
    Forget the mouldy pies, I will bring some fresh 'uns because "ready willing and able" followed by today's "I could go all night" seals it; wotcha doin' later, babe?

You really wanted that with a "head", didn't you?
    Don't worry, I is only teasing.

Me and Mrs Lun is very happy, delirious at times in fact.
    "I'm not afraid of dying. I just don't want to be there when it happens."
    Spike Milligan
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 8th Jul 17, 12:47 PM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,688 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Good Afternoonings
    What a happy lot you all are today.

Fruity I hope you have a lovely visit with your Mar. Light shopping I don't know that one - someone please explain.

LUN what happened with the pic??? I think you must be delirious, or distracted by your lovely.

Moti sounds like you had fun. Hair of the dog?

Sleazy you are now in Laurie Lee Country - I just knew that you had an urge to have Cider with Rosie.
    Enjoy yourselves and full report pleazy. I just love the folks in that part of the country. Many moons ago when I used to drink larger it was them folks that introduced me to Carling Black Label.

It is cooler today. I am going to make Chicken Fajitas for dinner tonight. Not that anyone needed to know that.
    Laterers
    • motivated
    • By motivated 8th Jul 17, 12:47 PM
    • 2,227 Posts
    • 3,139 Thanks
    motivated
    OoohH!
    *Looks over shoulder to check that Mrs LUN is not in the vicinity*
    Rosie, you is sounding more 'n' more like my kinda woman!
    Forget the mouldy pies, I will bring some fresh 'uns because "ready willing and able" followed by today's "I could go all night" seals it; wotcha doin' later, babe?

You really wanted that with a "head", didn't you?
    Don't worry, I is only teasing.

Me and Mrs Lun is very happy, delirious at times in fact.
    Originally posted by The Last Username
    actually made me LOL LUN. My head is now fine I am just needing sleep. I think someone has put little weights on my eyelids they keep drooping

Fruity I've just noticed you edited my post about seeking a witness. Have you ever done Jury Service The poor defendant may as well drive himself straight to her Majesty's establishment no questions asked
    • motivated
    • By motivated 8th Jul 17, 12:51 PM
    • 2,227 Posts
    • 3,139 Thanks
    motivated
    Good morning all spuds and pee-opolees.

It be another sultry day by here in the land of the summer settlers. Brekkers now then we will be orf to see R Mar with a little light shopping on the way back. We need to get some replacement mince pies, but this time they will be going in the safe.

Chats laterer.
    Originally posted by Fruitcake
    Fruity I hope you find some nice pretty little lights to match your decor and are inexpensive. Don't forget the bulbs
    • motivated
    • By motivated 8th Jul 17, 12:53 PM
    • 2,227 Posts
    • 3,139 Thanks
    motivated
    Hi Tips
    Chicken Fajitas all round please I can't be bovvered to cook. I'm too old for this burning the waxy thing at both ends
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 8th Jul 17, 1:19 PM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,688 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Hi Tips
    Chicken Fajitas all round please I can't be bovvered to cook. I'm too old for this burning the waxy thing at both ends
    Originally posted by motivated
    No problem Moti - I always cater for more as my house is renowned for unexpected visitors.
    • The Last Username
    • By The Last Username 8th Jul 17, 2:06 PM
    • 3,218 Posts
    • 7,223 Thanks
    The Last Username
    Rosie, Hurrah for your head feeling fine.
    Smiling is good for you, keeps you young-looking so research tells us ......................... I need to do much more smiling then.

Tips, it looks like some certificate thingy is fubarred so them fancy emoticons I bin usin' no longer work! That's wot the piccy should have beed, 's' not my fault this time.

P.S. - I like chicken fajitas too.
    But I'm feeling energetic so here it will be battered chicken sweet & sour. Followed by (wanna guess?) yup, strawberries.
    Aldi's are still yummy.

I wonder if Stafford is enjoyin' Sleazy?

And I wonder if Fruity remembered the bulbs?
    Spike Milligan
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 8th Jul 17, 2:23 PM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,688 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Barred emoticons ????
    That does not make any sense.

These are working OK - http://www.animatedimages.org/cat-smileys-and-smilies-294.htm
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 8th Jul 17, 2:39 PM
    • 40,304 Posts
    • 80,504 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    We had problems medical wise here with my Uncle/FiL, so I ended up going to see R Mar on my oddy-knock and my Lovely stayed home to wait for the nurse. She then did the light shopping on her own. She remembered the blubs but alas got the wrong voltage so I need to go and exchange them.

No, I have never done jerry service. I wouldn't have minded a few weeks off to do it when I was working, but not now.
    I'm sure I would have analysed all the evidence given in a fair and impartial manner, just like I have done here.

LUN, is it the local mushstools that make you delirious?

I'm sure Stafford is being kind to our Mr Sleazy; I just hope they have a withering heights to keep him fed and watered.

I quite like fajitas, but I'm also quite partial to quesadillas if you can manage a few next time.
    I don't have a sister.

• Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 8th Jul 17, 3:15 PM
    • 6,403 Posts
    • 6,205 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Well 'flyin visit to Stafford over and trainy has succesfuwy brought me back to Toonville.
    Brexited in Wuthering whilst away, and treated meself to a full veggie including strangled eggs. My pretty has now forced some fizzy white stuff down me gullet, and I be ready to snore.

Fruity - them bulbs look more loike onions to me!

Jerry Servis? I were summonsed once, but on account of where I was workin' was ecsused. Probably thought I new all the crinimals personally whereas I only newed about 30 to be dishonest.

Misty - will say no to the hay-heaters if yer don't mind, cos I don't appreciate eating aminal cadaveries.

Well, gonna roll into bed now-a-bouts, so C U all laterer.
    • The Last Username
    • By The Last Username 8th Jul 17, 4:28 PM
    • 3,218 Posts
    • 7,223 Thanks
    The Last Username
    Fruity, oi bin puzzled; wossa "quesadilla"?
    Izzit a beastie like an armadillo?
    Like wot Tips posted a while ago?

No?
    Okay, I will try breakin' it down:
    In Spanish, "que" = "what", right?
    I remember Manuel in Fawlty Towers!
    And "sadilla" = "the deal".
    So a quesadilla is a "what's the deal"?
    Which is I suppose quite appropriate for what amounts to a Spanish vershun of pizza.

Nice to see you returned safely Sleazy.
    Sleep well & see you laterers, all being well.

Hah, I found anuvver bunch o' emoji fingy's wot works!
    Last edited by The Last Username; 08-07-2017 at 4:31 PM.
    Spike Milligan
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 8th Jul 17, 5:14 PM
    • 40,304 Posts
    • 80,504 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    A quesadilla is more of a filled pancake, or wrap, than a pizza. I took a liking to them when I was working in the colonies of norf americal.

They are most deffo blubs, not yun-yuns. They would make you ick if you eated thems.
    I don't have a sister.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,271Posts Today

8,283Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin