Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Glad
    • By Glad 3rd Jan 14, 6:38 PM
    • 17,745Posts
    • 38,237Thanks
    Glad
    Money Savers Arms CXXVI - serving beer, wine, soft drinks, tea, coffee - all welcome
    • 3rd Jan 14, 6:38 PM
    Money Savers Arms CXXVI - serving beer, wine, soft drinks, tea, coffee - all welcome 3rd Jan 14 at 6:38 PM

Good evening all

and welcome to a brand new Arms

a place to chill and chat

for everyone

I'm a Board Guide on the Money Savers Arms, Discussion Time, Wales, Competitions, Marriage Relationships & Families, Health and Pet Care boards. However, please do remember, board guides don't read every post. if you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    Compers please read the Comping Guide
Page 891
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 20th Jun 17, 10:12 AM
    • 8,017 Posts
    • 9,973 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    A good Morning to you all
    I hope you boys don't get too hot around the Kajagoogoo's today.

Fruity me is glads yous having a luverly time I is.

Squeezy are you still only on the coffee? I just read there is going to be a shortage.

Well, I think I will have a mooch around then find something mildly interesting to do.

Laterers
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 20th Jun 17, 11:29 AM
    • 6,090 Posts
    • 5,484 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Hi Misty, glad that you're ok.
    Went out this morning on bus with wifey when she went to work. Visited my elderly mother, bought flavoured water (YES, still on the wagon), then off to Wuthering Heights for veggie sausage roll and coffee.
    Now home again, relaxing inside as too hot outside.
    Signed Sleazy
    The Last Of The Lounge Lizards
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 20th Jun 17, 11:53 AM
    • 8,017 Posts
    • 9,973 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Hi Misty, glad that you're ok.
    Went out this morning on bus with wifey when she went to work. Visited my elderly mother, bought flavoured water (YES, still on the wagon), then off to Wuthering Heights for veggie sausage roll and coffee.
    Now home again, relaxing inside as too hot outside.
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    I am so proud of you Squeazy.
    Surely we can find you a badge.
    Laterers
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 20th Jun 17, 4:42 PM
    • 39,765 Posts
    • 79,581 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Good afternoonings all and sticky ones.

Twas very hote going around the boat, but most interesting. Lovely lunch, piccy of it to follow, plus ice cream.

Afterwards we did a boat tour of the docks and 'arbour, then us picked up (got on, not lifted it literal like) the semi-roofed omnibus again and did the rest of the tour around the city before arriving back at the hotel.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • The Last Username
    • By The Last Username 20th Jun 17, 6:31 PM
    • 3,110 Posts
    • 6,978 Thanks
    The Last Username
    Still waiting!

Well it has not been hot here, it's pleasantly cool. Very grey, too.
    Which has allowed me to finish edging etc. in the garden without melting, at least.

Tips, yup re: Nanny but exacerbating existing long-term eyesight problem which has some very long-winded technical name. But her very poor eyesight is why we're constantly on edge (bless 'er) because she's determinedly as active as she knows how, using our admittedly poor bus service to travel to nearby towns etc.

Thing is, she can't even see the bus step or cars approaching (she has no peripheral vision at all) so we know from experience that she has for example the habit of stepping off pavements straight onto a road! The word "scary" does not go far enough.
    It can make shopping fun ........... so long as you can stand at a distance and observe. The times she knocks things over ..........

Still on that wagon Sleazy?
    Will you come off it at weekends like Tips & her wine or are you trying a prolonged spell on the wagon?

Ah, visits to boats for Fruity.
    Plus ice cream, lucky you.
    I see Tips didded a Fred on that, I must post. Who doesn't like a good scream, eh?

Moti, I do hope your little (?) un's are behaving in this heat?
    Again, you has my admiration & sympathies.

As you orl knows by now, DD is due for admission (no, not "it was me, guv!") tomorrow late afternoonb/early effernink.
    Whether or not I will be here or there is as yet therefore unknown.
    I must build my strength in preparation for the ladies of the family, covering what will then be four generations all in a tent dance.
    Literally.

Toodles all.
    "I'm not afraid of dying. I just don't want to be there when it happens."
    Spike Milligan
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 20th Jun 17, 6:43 PM
    • 6,090 Posts
    • 5,484 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Good eveninks LUN, glad that you sound cheerful. Hot enuf for you? Yes I am still wagoneering, hopefully for a few weeks ... now about that tent dance - Our Rosie could maybe give a few tips on dancin' around handbags loike.

Our cat has an injury - we noticed a couple of days ago. Not sure whether somebody has taken a pot shot with an air gun. It's on his head, but he doesn't seem to be in pain and is eating normally. When I first noticed it there was a smell of bad fish around the wound, so I'm really confused.

Laterers
    Signed Sleazy
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 20th Jun 17, 6:59 PM
    • 8,017 Posts
    • 9,973 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Good Evening to you all

Fruity I am so glad you got your break away as it really was well deserved. I must venture back to Christchurch for a trip on the boat again. I like Mudeford so quaint- it is the name that makes me laugh.

LUN that is very sad about Nanny - same with my MIL, the tales I could tell. But sadly she has the final stages of dementia now and is in a care home. She will be 94 this year, produced 9 children.
    Let us hope that all goes well for Mum and new baby tomorrow. We can then celebrate.
    I think the early hours - but that is just my inkling.

Poor Bobbie Sleazy I hope he is OK.

Where is Moti - I am missing her.
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 20th Jun 17, 7:40 PM
    • 6,090 Posts
    • 5,484 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Don't know where Moti Rosie is. I thought that she liked the senseless our sense of humour.
    Signed Sleazy
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 20th Jun 17, 8:01 PM
    • 8,017 Posts
    • 9,973 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Don't know where Moti Rosie is. I thought that she liked the senseless our sense of humour.
    She does and I am sure she has something better to be doing.
    Marking books or somefink.
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • motivated
    • By motivated 20th Jun 17, 9:39 PM
    • 1,943 Posts
    • 2,468 Thanks
    motivated

Hi honey I'm home
    When I finally got on here I had so much to catch up on. Haven't disappeared honest.

Been in exams today, the temperature in the room reached 34 degrees imagine this, 100 15-16 year old kids all in one room, 34 degrees, it was the afternoon so they had been playing football, basketball and whatever games you little boys play . All sweating. Well the nostrils took a bashing I can tell you. It should be made illegal lol

Sleazy your cat hope he's ok, maybe he's caught his head, does he go under cars or summink ? Keep them wheels on that wagon now

LUN I have everything crossed for you, this baby will be along very soon I'm sure. We will all fall off the wagon and have a little light refreshment to celebrate.

Fruity wanna swap your luvvly relaxing break for Hell on earth with a sprinkle of teenagers.

Tipster did you find anything interesting to do today, you could always come to work with me. You get a free clothes peg or should that be nose peg

Is this weather set to lighten up any time soon. I have sports day on Thursday outside all day with no shade. Someone up there is not very fond of me me thinks
    Last edited by motivated; 20-06-2017 at 9:43 PM.
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 21st Jun 17, 11:38 AM
    • 8,017 Posts
    • 9,973 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    No Morning posts? What!
    Oh, it is still Morning.

Poor Moti been there done that got the free shirt.
    Never mind honey it will soon be Summer break.

Sleazy how is Bobby today?
    More to the point where are you?

Fruity I hope you is havin a great day.

News from LUN later - It is SO exciting.
    Laterers
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 21st Jun 17, 2:36 PM
    • 6,090 Posts
    • 5,484 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Good afternoon folks.
    Misty - you were first here today!

I've been rushing around like a 'mad thing' today, but succeeded to take Bobby to the Vet, come home, go to my local Lidl and now finally back home again (hot and worn out)!
    Vet thought that said feline had hurt his head in a bush perhaps - trimmed the fur around the area, washed the wound, gave me some solution to wash it at home and took £40 or thereabouts. For a 15 minute visit, I make that £160 per hour ...

Fruity - hope you are having a good time in Brizle and weather holding out for you. I saw your piccy of that gert big bridge and you planning on goin' over it? I already told you to take care ....

Laterers
    Last edited by Sleazy; 21-06-2017 at 2:42 PM.
    Signed Sleazy
    • The Last Username
    • By The Last Username 21st Jun 17, 4:27 PM
    • 3,110 Posts
    • 6,978 Thanks
    The Last Username
    Still nowt, hospital due @ 1800 hours & after that ? ? ? ?

Thank you all for your support and patience.
    I will request of daughter that she and child keep us all in suspenders no longer, so I will post updates when I can in between the taxiing
    that is sure to follow.
    There is a special bottle or two which has been chilling for longer than it should in readiness for celebrations, so when the opportunity arises I will toast you all too.
    Or three or maybe four.

Take care all & I will update as soon as there is nooz and I am able.
    "I'm not afraid of dying. I just don't want to be there when it happens."
    Spike Milligan
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 21st Jun 17, 6:11 PM
    • 39,765 Posts
    • 79,581 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Good eve all.

'Twas a scorcher by here again. I went five and a half hours without a pee because I sweated so much, despite taking on board loads of fluids including an ice lolly and an ice cream.

How be everyblobby else? All melting nicely?

I will pop in later and tune in to LUN news.

We did that there bridge and the viewings were spectaclibule despite the footpath on one side being closed off.
    Another piccy thread to follow.
    I don't have a sister.

• Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 21st Jun 17, 6:13 PM
    • 8,017 Posts
    • 9,973 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Glad you took Bobby to be checked Sleazy. Tis true that vets have to train longer than our GPs. They also earn more obviously. I know even with pet insurance you have to fork out quite a bit. Give Bobby a stroke from me.

LUN your poor daughter in this heat. I reckon this is a very special little lady.
    Take care and all I am sure will be well. I bought you some cherries today.

Fruity I hope you put sunblock on today. Hope for an update later.

Thinking of you Moti.
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • motivated
    • By motivated 21st Jun 17, 6:19 PM
    • 1,943 Posts
    • 2,468 Thanks
    motivated
    I love waiting for baby news come on LUN junior. Let's hope it's not like the London buses. You wait ages for one and then two come along at once

Sounds like your cat has been investigating in the bushes Sleazy. Maybe you could get him a little deer stalker hat for when he ventures outside investigating again.

Tips it's horrendous being in a classroom as you well know. But tomorrow's sports day I have been given a very important job. I am officially a 'Hydration assistant' that's what it actually says. Basiacally handing out water all day.

Fruity I hope you are having a lovely time messing about on the water.

Have returned home from work to 6 topless men cooking burgers and sausages in my garden DS and DH and friends, it sounds like there are 20 of them out there but at least I don't have to cook. Just the washing up for me then LOL

Will be checking back for the patter of tiny feet soon
    • motivated
    • By motivated 21st Jun 17, 6:23 PM
    • 1,943 Posts
    • 2,468 Thanks
    motivated
    Sleazy I paid into pet insurance for 9 years. Had vet bills for £1100 last week and couldn't claim a penny back. My own fault for not reading the micro print but still takes the Michael. Lesson learned the hard way there.

Hope he recovers soon with some TLC.
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 21st Jun 17, 6:26 PM
    • 6,090 Posts
    • 5,484 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Signed Sleazy
    • motivated
    • By motivated 21st Jun 17, 6:30 PM
    • 1,943 Posts
    • 2,468 Thanks
    motivated
    I should've tried that one
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 21st Jun 17, 6:45 PM
    • 39,765 Posts
    • 79,581 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Oh don' ee wurry, us zlapped a bucketvul of sun-jollop on us afore us went without, complete with matching fetching African air cats.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 21-06-2017 at 8:23 PM.
    I don't have a sister.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,281Posts Today

8,564Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin