Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Glad
    • By Glad 3rd Jan 14, 6:38 PM
    • 17,746Posts
    • 38,245Thanks
    Glad
    Money Savers Arms CXXVI - serving beer, wine, soft drinks, tea, coffee - all welcome
    • 3rd Jan 14, 6:38 PM
    Money Savers Arms CXXVI - serving beer, wine, soft drinks, tea, coffee - all welcome 3rd Jan 14 at 6:38 PM

Good evening all

and welcome to a brand new Arms

a place to chill and chat

for everyone

I'm a Board Guide on the Money Savers Arms, Discussion Time, Wales, Competitions, Marriage Relationships & Families, Health and Pet Care boards. However, please do remember, board guides don't read every post. if you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    Compers please read the Comping Guide
Page 889
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 17th Jun 17, 7:33 PM
    • 40,304 Posts
    • 80,504 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    That's really good. I can paint a wall or a ceiling. I can also draw ... money from a hole in the wall.

An artiste though, I aint. I am a craftsman though.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 17th Jun 17, 7:40 PM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,688 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Yes, you are Fruity and very clever at that.
    I will post another tomorrow. I don't want to overdo things. But you may prefer my other style.
    Dr Who for you tonight - I remembered.
    • The Last Username
    • By The Last Username 17th Jun 17, 7:44 PM
    • 3,218 Posts
    • 7,223 Thanks
    The Last Username
    I too doesn't mind your photo's here Tips - and espeshully if they's like that one.

I have tried art & painting but like Fruity, it ain't my forte.
    It ain't even my single.

Just one question.
    WHO emulsioned your artwork?
    Ah, okay two questions.

The next being - have you considered adding further emulsion splashes and going for a bit of a Jackson Pollock mash-up?

Fruity, I seem to remember sometime before your mention of a motorbike in your loft.

Not meaning to put doubt in your mind (coz ours is a damp house; always was though I have improved that to some degree) but I had our loft floored before the addition of more in Sue lay shun. Like you, old wardrobe panels utilised in less-used areas. But damp was such a problem we got condensation on the underside and mould growth in the loft, so the flooring was all removed (and subsequently much ventilation added). So now, no storing of bits in our loft.

Well, DD says she's getting "twinges".
    I'm thinking it's more to do with how warm it is than any desire to say "Hello world" - but like I said, I fully expect an early-hours phone call.
    Soon, I hope.
    "I'm not afraid of dying. I just don't want to be there when it happens."
    Spike Milligan
    • motivated
    • By motivated 17th Jun 17, 7:46 PM
    • 2,228 Posts
    • 3,139 Thanks
    motivated

Miss Tipsy I am impressed. That's very good indeedy. Will look forward to seeing more of your talents.

• Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 17th Jun 17, 7:57 PM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,688 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    LUN it was hubby doing the splashing - he didn't think to take it down.
    No, I will paint over some day - no more splashes.

Moti - loving the gif.
    • motivated
    • By motivated 17th Jun 17, 7:59 PM
    • 2,228 Posts
    • 3,139 Thanks
    motivated

Ok ok if we're sharing our masterpieces I didn't want to be left out. This is my moany leesa Not a patch on yours though. I couldn't have drawn even this if I tried

Sorry Tipsy couldn't resist.
    Last edited by motivated; 17-06-2017 at 8:56 PM.
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 17th Jun 17, 8:22 PM
    • 6,403 Posts
    • 6,205 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Ladies, I'm impressed with both your talents. I can only paint walls. Hope to see more examples from you both.

Fruity - Thugby Argy Bargy is on now, in case you didn't know.

Later Folks
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 17th Jun 17, 9:06 PM
    • 40,304 Posts
    • 80,504 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Yes, you are Fruity and very clever at that.
    I will post another tomorrow. I don't want to overdo things. But you may prefer my other style.
    Dr Who for you tonight - I remembered.
    Originally posted by Tipsntreats
    I think a Tips painting per day would be much better than all in one go. Keep the crowd wanting more.

LUN, there is plenty of ventilititation in our lofticles and never a damp moment as a result.

Sleazy, my pacemaker has been set to "England playing rugby" mode for a while.

Tips, I never thought I would say this but I am going off Dr Foreman. The plot lines are a bit weak and as for the lighting tonight, even with the blinds drawn we could hardly see what was going on. Twas disappointing.

Moti, that painting is ... still better than I could do.
    I don't have a sister.

• Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 17th Jun 17, 9:18 PM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,688 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Yes, Fruity that is exactly what I planned.
    The banter is far more important.

Moti - that really made me laugh. You are so suited to this thread.

Mr Sleazy I keeps a missing yous - now I will have to make up for it.

I will catch up with LUN on the morrow.
    Wine time now.
    Have a lovely evening all and I will be back tomoz.
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 17th Jun 17, 10:11 PM
    • 6,403 Posts
    • 6,205 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Here's my controbition (courtesy of Mr Bean) :

• Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 17th Jun 17, 10:53 PM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,688 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Here's my controbition (courtesy of Mr Bean) :

Originally posted by Sleazy
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 18th Jun 17, 7:39 AM
    • 6,403 Posts
    • 6,205 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Good mooning everybody.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 18th Jun 17, 8:36 AM
    • 40,304 Posts
    • 80,504 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Good morning all and one. Tis yet another sun-kissed day by here on the Riviera.

When I let Ellie out this morning we were greeted by the site of a murder of crows swooping acrawst the jardin. There were so many they could have been mistaken for rooks.

Well the fambly is going to descend on us today so I shall have to get dressed up for it. No slouching around in my undercrackers, even though I'm only into week three.

My heart has just about settled back after yesterdegg's rugby. Another well matched game, and what a brillig last try.
    Well done to the women's rugby team as well. It's a shame they don't get the TV coverage they do be a-deserving.
    I don't have a sister.

• Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 18th Jun 17, 1:04 PM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,688 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Afternoonings everyone
    What a cracker of a day!
    Sorry to read about your Hitchcock moment Fruity - there does seem to be an awful lot of them about this year.
    • The Last Username
    • By The Last Username 18th Jun 17, 2:11 PM
    • 3,218 Posts
    • 7,223 Thanks
    The Last Username
    Still nuffink; no signs at all. Dinner eaten without interruption - unless you count Nanny's various rumblings & the less said about those the better.

Hozzy arranged for Woden's Day arvo if the stork don't come afore then ..... so we'll wait and see.
    There's a carfull of stuff to take with us from clothes to (extra) crib and baby monitor, so the expecting SIL has been warned he will need his works van!

What an absolutely glorious day it is.
    The garden beckons for a post-lunch nap (Yeah, like I should be so lucky! ) which in reality = entertaining DS and keeping Nanny out of trouble.

Laterers all.
    "I'm not afraid of dying. I just don't want to be there when it happens."
    Spike Milligan
    • SamsReturn
    • By SamsReturn 18th Jun 17, 2:28 PM
    • 1,083 Posts
    • 1,921 Thanks
    SamsReturn
    I've been out in the garden. I've got a load of buckets with things growing in them, i wasn't sure if some where plants or weeds, so i've left them to get a bit bigger before sorting out what to keep and what to bin. Just about to dig stuff out of one and, there's a birds egg, a white one, there. It must be using the bucket as a nest.
    So carefully put it back where i picked it up from, will leave those weeds and watch out to see if the Mum comes back. I do feed the birds every day, so lots of them come for their breakfast and tea.
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 18th Jun 17, 2:37 PM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,688 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    LUN - You do make me laugh with your Nanny posts.

A very warm welcome Sam. Do stay a while - as you have always made me laugh.
    So many buckets with no holes. It was a good job you spotted the egg.

I will pop back later.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 18th Jun 17, 9:35 PM
    • 40,304 Posts
    • 80,504 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    A fandabidozy day was had by all and one. No argifying, good food, and weather dry enough to sit outside and drink chilled liquids.

I hopes everyall had a good day as well.
    I don't have a sister.

• Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 18th Jun 17, 10:09 PM
    • 6,403 Posts
    • 6,205 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Evening Fruity, glad you had a good day. Here was ok too, weather hot but nice now it be cooler. Tomorrow hotter still aparrently ...
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 19th Jun 17, 8:11 AM
    • 6,403 Posts
    • 6,205 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Good Moaning. Hope that all is well with all.
    Lovely day, here on the rivvy-airy. Had breakfast at home just for a change but may go out for a walk in a bit.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,695Posts Today

5,317Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• It's the subtle poetry and lyricism of tweets like this that I find so endearing https://t.co/XhSKBCGyXe

• Follow Martin