Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Glad
    • By Glad 3rd Jan 14, 6:38 PM
    • 17,746Posts
    • 38,242Thanks
    Glad
    Money Savers Arms CXXVI - serving beer, wine, soft drinks, tea, coffee - all welcome
    • 3rd Jan 14, 6:38 PM
    Money Savers Arms CXXVI - serving beer, wine, soft drinks, tea, coffee - all welcome 3rd Jan 14 at 6:38 PM

Good evening all

and welcome to a brand new Arms

a place to chill and chat

for everyone

I'm a Board Guide on the Money Savers Arms, Discussion Time, Wales, Competitions, Marriage Relationships & Families, Health and Pet Care boards. However, please do remember, board guides don't read every post. if you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    Compers please read the Comping Guide
Page 886
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 15th Jun 17, 12:24 PM
    • 40,189 Posts
    • 80,274 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Or Mistress T, like a character from one of Terry Pratchett's books.

Good avo all and one.

My review was ... OK, but I'm retaining fluid so my water tablets have been doubled.

Please excuse me, I need to go somewhere ...NOW!

... Mafeking has been relieved.

I am now cooking Moroccan lamb bangers with slimming wold chips and apple frangipane to follow. The latter will be outdated on Saturday so alas I am just going to have to get stuck into it.

No word from daughter of LUN yet? Whatever happened to your prediction Tips? I think LUN might want his money back.
    Speaking of money, two banks in the village have closed. Luckily my main one is still here but I don't know for how long.

Moti, what do you do for a living if you don't mind me asking? (I'm just being nosey.) By the look of your avatar I thought you may be related to Rosie the Riveter.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 15th Jun 17, 1:02 PM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,675 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Sorry, Sleazy I keeps a missing yous. I wanted to ask if you if you ever drinks Cider with Rosie?
    I was thinking of starting a thread on preferences on alcohol, maybe like - Ale vs Wine. Mind you tis quiet at the Arms, due to the lovely weatherings - Sun is back now.

Fruity doubled!!!! Tis a difficult thing to deal with when out and about. But a necessary one, as water retention does put a strain on the ticker - same wiv me late Daddy. Although Dad had many more probs.
    Fruity your culinary skills exceed you. Have you not tried couscous as an accompaniment?

I suppose I better join in wiv the clown stuff.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 15th Jun 17, 2:05 PM
    • 40,189 Posts
    • 80,274 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Not only do I have culinary skills, I'm quite good at cooking as well.

Scaffolding is booked for tomoz. Solar panel mens booked for Woden'sday.

Here are some pics of Tom the ventriloquist doll on Rocky, MFTE's horse what I made for him.

Last edited by Fruitcake; 15-06-2017 at 2:26 PM.
    I don't have a sister.

• Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 15th Jun 17, 2:50 PM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,675 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Ah, Fruity you sure are a man of many talents.
    Do you do Ventriloquism or ventriloquy?
    Still waiting for hubby to take pics - he is faffing with holiday pics.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 15th Jun 17, 3:07 PM
    • 40,189 Posts
    • 80,274 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    I intend to join the local ventriloquist's clug. It's mengers only.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 15-06-2017 at 4:23 PM.
    I don't have a sister.

• motivated
    • By motivated 15th Jun 17, 3:48 PM
    • 2,183 Posts
    • 3,000 Thanks
    motivated
    I intend to join the local ventriloquist's clug. it's mengers only.
    Originally posted by Fruitcake
    Im still at work and actually laughed out loud at this, very good. cheered me up at the end of a very hot day.

I work in a secondary school with years 10 and 11 only joking I love it. I am a cross between a Learning Mentor a Councillor a lesson support a cover teacher an exam invigilator and a surrogate mum the list goes on. Thats why I love it no two days are the same EVER . A class can go from 0 to 60 in a micro second and then its all hell breaks loose.

Still have students come back to visit and they are now 23 Im so old.
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 15th Jun 17, 4:07 PM
    • 6,403 Posts
    • 6,190 Thanks
    Sleazy
    You are indeed a man of many talents my old fruit, but oim afeared that Rosie be eary-marked to be my maid. I likes a good molusculary cleaner around me house. Needs to be moluscary in order to fight through all me gubbins that has built up over the last hundred year or so (me, my dad, and his dad afore him to be naming just a few of we). Have you seen the armz of our Rosie's avatary? Scarier nor my clown I rekon! Thinkz that we best be polite to her loike if she be round 'ere laterer.

Misty - me drinking cidee with our Rosie? Oi be on the old wagon today 'cos it foinally remembered to stop by here, and oi thought that you werz going to encurig me to ride-a-whoile loike.

LUN it'll be alrighty on the nighty (not the nightie) .

Rosie - wasn't me, it were Fruity. Honest.
    Last edited by Sleazy; 15-06-2017 at 4:10 PM.
    • The Last Username
    • By The Last Username 15th Jun 17, 4:21 PM
    • 3,217 Posts
    • 7,222 Thanks
    The Last Username
    STILL no stork!
    (We need an emojii for pulling hair out )
    No signs either - though the better half is trying induction via telephony.
    'S not workin' though!

I is most impressed with both your hoss and your ventril er ventral Tom, Fruity. You is talented indeed; me I'm more a "builder" doer than a "maker" doer IYSWIM; I built our conservatory, made our kitchen (sans doors), replace bathrooms etc.
    They looks brill. (Yours, not mine.)

Moti, I gotta admit Fruity made me LOL too at that.
    I am full of admiration for you - IMHO only those teaching older mini-me's are more deserving of praise. Not for a triple pension could I, and I have "guest"ed in classes a few times so I do have some understanding.
    Not much, but some.

Tips, DD has seen Midwifey person today. But still nuffink definite till next week if it's still a no-show.

Gotcha A-OK Sleazy, you thortfull fella. I'm now pondering origami ..............
    You reckon it'll be a nighty?
    Mrs LUN also reckons we'll get a call in the middle of the night.

Laters all, I's orf to cook then in a while bathe son.
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 15th Jun 17, 4:26 PM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,675 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Oh, Fruity do be careful!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezkx07HYylo

Hi Moti - I used to teach, gave it up to study Psychology (Biological)
    I did like the fact when teaching, that we were paid still during the Summer break.

Sleazy waz yous under the hay with Rosie?
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 15th Jun 17, 4:30 PM
    • 40,189 Posts
    • 80,274 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Im still at work and actually laughed out loud at this, very good. cheered me up at the end of a very hot day.

I work in a secondary school with years 10 and 11 only joking I love it. I am a cross between a Learning Mentor a Councillor a lesson support a cover teacher an exam invigilator and a surrogate mum the list goes on. Thats why I love it no two days are the same EVER . A class can go from 0 to 60 in a micro second and then its all hell breaks loose.

Still have students come back to visit and they are now 23 Im so old.
    Originally posted by motivated
    Wow! I give to you a big bucket of respect. Working in a hooligan factory must be hard work, but also very rewarding at times.

Me, I am a gentlewurzel of leisure having retired just over a year ago.
    I don't have a sister.

• Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 15th Jun 17, 4:40 PM
    • 40,189 Posts
    • 80,274 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    You are indeed a man of many talents my old fruit, but oim afeared that Rosie be eary-marked to be my maid. I likes a good molusculary cleaner around me house. Needs to be moluscary in order to fight through all me gubbins that has built up over the last hundred year or so (me, my dad, and his dad afore him to be naming just a few of we). Have you seen the armz of our Rosie's avatary? Scarier nor my clown I rekon! Thinkz that we best be polite to her loike if she be round 'ere laterer.

Misty - me drinking cidee with our Rosie? Oi be on the old wagon today 'cos it foinally remembered to stop by here, and oi thought that you werz going to encurig me to ride-a-whoile loike.

LUN it'll be alrighty on the nighty (not the nightie) .

Rosie - wasn't me, it were Fruity. Honest.
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    The trickalist doll came wiv my Lovely Cousin. It belonged to one of her side of the family that isn't one of my side of the family even though we both come from the same side of the same family, sort of.
    Gawd, even I'm having trouble following that.

It wasn't me either. A big boy did it and ran away. (I reckon it was one of Moti's lot myself. )

STILL no stork!
    (We need an emojii for pulling hair out )
    No signs either - though the better half is trying induction via telephony.
    'S not workin' though!

I is most impressed with both your hoss and your ventril er ventral Tom, Fruity. You is talented indeed; me I'm more a "builder" doer than a "maker" doer IYSWIM; I built our conservatory, made our kitchen (sans doors), replace bathrooms etc.
    They looks brill. (Yours, not mine.)

Moti, I gotta admit Fruity made me LOL too at that.
    I am full of admiration for you - IMHO only those teaching older mini-me's are more deserving of praise. Not for a triple pension could I, and I have "guest"ed in classes a few times so I do have some understanding.
    Not much, but some.

Tips, DD has seen Midwifey person today. But still nuffink definite till next week if it's still a no-show.

Gotcha A-OK Sleazy, you thortfull fella. I'm now pondering origami ..............
    You reckon it'll be a nighty?
    Mrs LUN also reckons we'll get a call in the middle of the night.

Laters all, I's orf to cook then in a while bathe son.
    Originally posted by The Last Username
    We have a new addition to the fambly.

I was cleaning the pond just now and came acrawst a baby fishy no longer than my thumbnail. Never mind a visit from the stork, it's the ruddy herons I have trouble with.

Oh, Fruity do be careful!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezkx07HYylo

Hi Moti - I used to teach, gave it up to study Psychology (Biological)
    I did like the fact when teaching, that we were paid still during the Summer break.

Sleazy waz yous under the hay with Rosie?
    Originally posted by Tipsntreats
    Laurre Lee's original idea of cider with Rosie.

Last edited by Fruitcake; 15-06-2017 at 4:44 PM.
    I don't have a sister.

• Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 15th Jun 17, 4:49 PM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,675 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    I nearly missed your post LUN.
    I'm always here to help - http://www.sherv.net/pulling.hair-emoticon-1338.html
    http://www.sherv.net/angry-emoticons.html
    • The Last Username
    • By The Last Username 15th Jun 17, 7:19 PM
    • 3,217 Posts
    • 7,222 Thanks
    The Last Username
    We don't have a pond but friends here also curse herons.
    I didn't realise there were so many but we often see one.
    And storks.
    Just not when they're needed.

I has just been chattin' wiv a lickle robin - not our "usual" one but still friendly. Examining my herb garden, it was.
    Maybe too friendly - it only had one leg.
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 15th Jun 17, 7:27 PM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,675 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    LUN I always believed butter was better than Stork.
    A one legged robin??? How did it perch????

Why do most car park attendants of the underground car parks, all walk with a lisp and talk with a limp?
    Is it the lack of natural light, or are they all descendants of the Morlocks?
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 15th Jun 17, 8:24 PM
    • 6,403 Posts
    • 6,190 Thanks
    Sleazy
    LUN I always believed butter was better than Stork.
    A one legged robin??? How did it perch????

Why do most car park attendants of the underground car parks, all walk with a lisp and talk with a limp?
    Is it the lack of natural light, or are they all descendants of the Morlocks?
    Originally posted by Tipsntreats
    Suppose it perched on one leg ....

Car Park Attendants not only talk the talk, they also walk the walk - that's why ...

• Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 15th Jun 17, 8:48 PM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,675 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    I think Sleazy cat does a better job.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 16th Jun 17, 7:30 AM
    • 40,189 Posts
    • 80,274 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Good morning all and one. It's brighton sunny by here today, but with a cool breeze.

Another round of medical appointments today, this time for my Lovely, then it's back to loft clearing.

Hopefully some scaffolding will have grown by the time we return.

No comments about erections please. Stop sniggering at the back!
    I don't have a sister.

• Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 16th Jun 17, 8:35 AM
    • 6,403 Posts
    • 6,190 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Morning my old fruit. Appointment at opticalist Today, then I rekon that vittals at Wuthering Heights beckons. Need to confront DWP about something too - they never makes it easy do they? Hope all goes well ...

LUN - YES / NO?

Misty / Rosie - see youz laterers if you doesn't smell I coming.
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 16th Jun 17, 12:23 PM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,675 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Yawn - Afternoonings
    I have been lazing around so far, then I remembered - It's my favourite day!
    Fruity I hope that your ummm - planks and poles are put up on your return.
    I also hope Mrs Fruity is ok.

Sleazy I imagine your eyes are sorted by now, and you are sat with Heathcliff.
    I now have reading glasses, but they do seem a little strong. The expense
    DWP I have to deal with them for two of my relatives, they always seem to get something wrong.

I will pop back later when my brain is more awake.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 16th Jun 17, 3:54 PM
    • 40,189 Posts
    • 80,274 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Four men came and had an ... put up choobs and boards for me. Unfortunately the satellite signal is now blocked as a result.
    We will have to do everything on demand vs the internet now, which thankfully is not affected.

My Lovely was a bit pixalated at first because she had to be sedated, but she is stable again now.
    I don't have a sister.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

834Posts Today

7,263Users online

Martin's Twitter