Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Glad
    • By Glad 3rd Jan 14, 6:38 PM
    • 17,740Posts
    • 38,211Thanks
    Glad
    Money Savers Arms CXXVI - serving beer, wine, soft drinks, tea, coffee - all welcome
    • 3rd Jan 14, 6:38 PM
    Money Savers Arms CXXVI - serving beer, wine, soft drinks, tea, coffee - all welcome 3rd Jan 14 at 6:38 PM

Good evening all

and welcome to a brand new Arms

a place to chill and chat

for everyone

I'm a Board Guide on the Money Savers Arms, Discussion Time, Wales, Competitions, Marriage Relationships & Families, Health and Pet Care boards. However, please do remember, board guides don't read every post. if you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    Compers please read the Comping Guide
Page 884
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 13th Jun 17, 12:57 PM
    • 39,224 Posts
    • 78,359 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    I don't know Moti well enough to suggest a new name, I just feel that moti is not such a nice abbreviation as say Tips or Fruity. Other opinions of course are available.

We took my Lovely's car for a steering and tyre check, and it is going to cost about £130 to fix. *sigh* Never mind, the coffee morning was a success with ten friends and family members present.

Sandalls for me today. I shall walk to the garage to pick up my Lovely's car after luncheon, then it's back to cupboard clearing before going out with the SAGA louts this eve for drinky poos.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 13th Jun 17, 1:56 PM
    • 6,846 Posts
    • 8,222 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Glad you had a lovely time Fruity - a great crowd to meet up with.
    £130 that sounds expensive.

A little female sparrow has got trapped in my greenhouse. I have opened the door and the window, but she is confused, and it is mighty hot in there. I do hope she finds her way out before the local cats come a mooching. Strange this year as I haven't seen the usual abundance of Squirrels in my garden. Talking about squirrels, I forgot to say how shocked I was to see black squirrels in Canada.

Moti will, of course, let us know her choice of name. As for me, I seem to have a new one created by Sleazy - Miss Tipsy - hey ho.
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 13th Jun 17, 4:25 PM
    • 39,224 Posts
    • 78,359 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Good afternoon all and one, and what a glory-@rse day it has turned out to be,

... apart vrum the two new tyres plus steering alignment needed on my Lovely's car. It's the turn of my car tomorrow to get a new zorst, then I need to get tracking chacked and a new tyre organised for the Money Pit soonly. *sigh*

Oh well, we made 20 quid today by taking old bedding and brac a bric to the local charity weighbridge, so at least I have money to buy my 95% water tonight.

I'm just chilling for a bit before tea, then I shall wander down to the station to get the train to the big city for my night out with the SAGA Louts.
    I don't have a sister.

• The Last Username
    • By The Last Username 13th Jun 17, 4:29 PM
    • 2,918 Posts
    • 6,446 Thanks
    The Last Username
    I fink I unnerstans wot you mean about "Moti". I mean loike oi is foine wiv LUN but Moti ..........

So ............. we saw a stork today.
    A real live feathered one, not the arrival we is hoping for yet although phone calls have been made in attempts to persuade.

A second mortgage is in process for garden goodies which have been purchased today, plants plus pots and saucer-type things plus soil, bark (no, not "woof") and assorted bags of stones needing multiple trips.
    Funny things gardeners, ain't they?
    I mean, next to bags of stone is big things full of ....... well, bigger stones, starting at apple-sized pebbles & working up in size.
    When I sorted the jungle out into the garden it has become, I got rid of LOADS of 'em - and now she wants 'em back and says we gotta PAY for 'em!
    So any ways, result = Mrs Lun dozing wiv a "head".
    Dunno why coz it was my wallet getting a good airing.

Tyres were done first thing, then various garden centres visited - some more than once! In between, as well as seeing the stork we also saw a deer peering at us above a roadside hedge. A little off-putting when you're driving, the wildlife around here.

Right, I might be about laters but now I gotta decide where to put all this bally gardening stuff.
    "I'm not afraid of dying. I just don't want to be there when it happens."
    Spike Milligan
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 13th Jun 17, 4:38 PM
    • 39,224 Posts
    • 78,359 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Gardening, the curse of the retired I say. My grass needs yet another haircut. I shall put that of until tomozz and hope it doesn't precipitate in the mean time.

I have a pile of rocks you can have LUN. You will just have to have a day out in Zumerzet to pick them up. Nine or ten hour round trip plus loading. Easy peasy.
    There's also a timber merchant that generates its own woodland bark as a by product so it's quite chirp.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 13-06-2017 at 4:42 PM.
    I don't have a sister.

• Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 13th Jun 17, 4:42 PM
    • 6,846 Posts
    • 8,222 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Well, Fruity Saga louts once more - sounds good to me.
    Now do I expect burnt toast here on the morrow? Or mischief with the lovely Laks?
    BTW how is Josephine? It is about time we had a night on here - I promise to wear my bestest frock.

LUN please understand that there are different kinds of stones - We ladies like posh ones.
    I have loads of little things in my jardin - ornaments of parrotts everwhere.
    PS Stork comes on the morrow - Mystic Tips is usually correct.

I was hoping hubby would take some pics of my paintings today - but he faffing around in the shed.

Laterers
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 13th Jun 17, 4:50 PM
    • 39,224 Posts
    • 78,359 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    No toast alas. It's up and back on the train tonight with no stopover which is when I normally do my very late night/early bird bantering with the Comping Queen.

Faffing? FAFFING? Men do not faff in the shed! They do very important things like mending broken stuff you will never use, and planning things. Lots of planning. Sometimes the planning takes years I'll have you know.

Josephine may be available on Friedegg or Saturdegg evening.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 13-06-2017 at 4:52 PM.
    I don't have a sister.

• motivated
    • By motivated 13th Jun 17, 5:41 PM
    • 1,527 Posts
    • 1,634 Thanks
    motivated
    Evening all

I thought my ears were burning whilst I was at work. I am easy..... I'm talking about the name of course . I have been called a few things in my time I can tell ya

Fruity my DH also faffs around in the shed. He goes down there to 'sort it out'. He drags everything out and the exact same amount goes back in. He comes away with a small bag of rubbish and that's from sweeping the floor.

Tips we have lots of sparrows around here and my DS insisted for many years that they were indeed Dicky birds and not sparrows lol

LUN you need to check if that stork has a satnav to steer him in the right direction. Mind you if his sense of direction is anything like mine he's had it
    Last edited by motivated; 13-06-2017 at 5:46 PM.
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 13th Jun 17, 5:54 PM
    • 6,846 Posts
    • 8,222 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Hi Moti
    I still finks Diva suits ya - innit

Dicky bird did eventually escape

Waiting for me spuds to cook.

Men also faff around at filling stations - they always have to make sure the last drip goes into the tank.
    Gals don't do that, we have to fix our lippy in the car mirror.

My thoughts are with you Mr Seazy if you are reading - Take care

Lazerers
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • Tigsteroonie
    • By Tigsteroonie 13th Jun 17, 6:00 PM
    • 22,422 Posts
    • 55,872 Thanks
    Tigsteroonie
    I've been here too long - I've been awarded my 10th anniversary badge today
    Going to become Mrs Marleyboy for real

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

Proud Parents to an Au-some son
    • motivated
    • By motivated 13th Jun 17, 6:05 PM
    • 1,527 Posts
    • 1,634 Thanks
    motivated
    I don't understand the faffing men and do at the petrol station either ( filling station sounds very posh Miss Tipsy). Getting back in their car then deciding they have to faff around with whatever's on their passenger seat ( hopefully not another hooman bean though) putting their wallet back in their back pocket and then deciding to put their seatbelt on. You can see little ole me sitting behind waiting patiently.

Is it another man thing with the newspaper too? My DH leaves the newspaper inside out and folded in half. I then have to faff around with it just to find page 1.

Sorry man Nag over lol

Although I tell my hubby that there is no such thing as nagging. I call it reminding. If he did what I asked the first time I wouldn't need to remind him
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 13th Jun 17, 6:06 PM
    • 6,846 Posts
    • 8,222 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Originally posted by Tigsteroonie
    Congratulations Tigs - This needs a special thread.
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 13th Jun 17, 6:16 PM
    • 39,224 Posts
    • 78,359 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Lightweight.

Nice to see you in here again Tigs. Alas I can't stay as I'm about to do some serious faffing, I mean, heading off to the train station.

Take care and chats soonly.
    I don't have a sister.

• The Last Username
    • By The Last Username 13th Jun 17, 6:21 PM
    • 2,918 Posts
    • 6,446 Thanks
    The Last Username
    Woo hoo, ten whole years Tigs!

Tips may be right - a special thread indeed.
    My regards to MB too plz.

I just want you to know, Tips & Moti, that I never ever "faff" either during nor after filling the car with motion lotion.
    NEVER.
    Coz it's well known that petrol stayshuns is dangerous places, innit?
    If you're not in danger of fumes igniting coz your mobile is ringin' you're at risk of a robbery, there's been loads this year.
    So coz I is a coward I am filled & paid quick then off like the proverbial bat ASAPs.
    Squeezing the last drip ................ safety innit?
    Don't want those drips igniting, see?
    "I'm not afraid of dying. I just don't want to be there when it happens."
    Spike Milligan
    • motivated
    • By motivated 13th Jun 17, 6:31 PM
    • 1,527 Posts
    • 1,634 Thanks
    motivated
    On a serious note re petrol stations. A woman went to pay for petrol late one evening the shop was closed so the lady went to the window. The female cashier said I will open the door so you can come inside to pay she was adamant that the female customer came inside. The confused lady did as requested and when she went inside the cashier told her that she had seen a man slide into her back seat from the forecourt obviously she hadn't locked the car. OMG imagine
    Last edited by motivated; 13-06-2017 at 6:37 PM.
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 13th Jun 17, 7:13 PM
    • 6,846 Posts
    • 8,222 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    I bet LUN faffs at something.

That story Moti, makes you think how dangerous these places can be.

I have eaten too much and I need a barf. Serves me right for stuffing myself with jam and cream dognuts.
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 14th Jun 17, 12:04 AM
    • 39,224 Posts
    • 78,359 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Tips, when you say barf, I hope you means baff, not cry huey.

I don't faff at petrol stations eiver. I nearly always pay at the pump. Card in, card out, fill tank, reward card in, reward card back in wallet, wallet back in trouserings before I open the drivering's door, keys in the ignition as I get in, car started before I am properly in the seat, car in gear with one hand and seat belt on with the other. Out the filling station within ten seconds of filling.
    No faffing from this country gent bumpkin.

I don't know the calibre of the men in you MSE ladies' lives, but they are most indefrably found wanting by LUN and my high standards.

Well I am well lubricated by mostly water after my night out, and now safely home in the house I share with my Lovely Cousin.

Medical appointments abound in the morning plus I need to get my zorsted car fixed. More expense. *sigh*

G'night all and one. Take care and chats soonly.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 14-06-2017 at 12:07 AM.
    I don't have a sister.

• Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 14th Jun 17, 7:01 AM
    • 5,624 Posts
    • 4,623 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Roise & Shine you lay-bys! Sun be shining, birds be chirping, and it's toime to get yerselves movin'

I don't know the calibre of the men in you MSE ladies' lives, but they are most indefrably found wanting by LUN and my high standards.
    ... .
    Originally posted by Fruitcake
    Well thank you Fruity for the acknolyj-ment that me own standards don't be quoite so high loike. I isn't offended by that at all, because I do in fact admit to being a bit of a faffer. In our house, wifey is ok if I goes out for a bit to faff around - doesn't matter where, just so long as it's nowhere within megaphone or scud missile range.

I'm due today (now don't you be getting worried LUN, cos' I ain't yer daughter). Due to be busy, in fact if oi am not upright on me own two pins, oi will most certainly be-a-seated upon a bus singing "the wheels on the bus ....". Appointy-ment in town for some argy-ings with those annoying people from a certain government department in the centre, need to find me some food to take with my pills, then we'll see. Wifey has already threatened to bring alky-hol home with her today, so oi guesses that as it's Wednesday, the time table durzn't allow the wagon for to stop by here today.

Anywayz, enuf of all this faffing - oise orf to sort me business out.
    Signed Sleazy
    The Last Of The Lounge Lizards
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 14th Jun 17, 8:10 AM
    • 39,224 Posts
    • 78,359 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Oh my poor aching feet. Normally I can walk long distances without problems if I wear sandals sans socks, but I made the mistake of wearing shoes and socks yesterdegg when I were a-walking to the zorst and tyre garage, walking to the station, walking from the station at t'other end to the public house, and all the way back again.
    The socks rubbed my feets and they are both now sorely sore.

Sleazy, no offence meant but the Master LUN made comment that he is not a faffer so I included him in my comments about the ladies comments about faffing men.

So, no walking for me today. My Lovely will use her velocipede to pick me up from the zorst garage when I take the Beast there today and take me back laterer.

An enforced gentler day it is then, so I may be here a bit laterer.
    I don't have a sister.

• Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 14th Jun 17, 9:03 AM
    • 5,624 Posts
    • 4,623 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Talking of walkin' - more I walks, fatter I gets, so I don't rightly know what's goin' on.
    No offence taken Fruity, it's me humorous Beijing over actively again.
    Lot happier now that oive had me vitalls at Wuthering Heights, and currently supping 1 or 3 coffees afore my appointy-ment. Stress levels ecspected to rise beyond the 10th floor, so may need a whirly-bird, I'm afraid LUN that your ovvy-crafty won't be up to the job.
    Miss Tipsy & Mega Maid - didn't want you to be feeling left out, so thought that I'd at least mention you in my morning faffings rumblings.

By the way - Take it easy Fruity cos we doesn't want you to get zorsted if you get me blowings

Moti - After careful considerings, I'm pleased to tell you that oive placed you on the reserve list for to be my next maid. Hence my suggestion of name Mega Maid, partiklerly considerings you avatary. Think it was them letters what decided me. Decided not to use any letters meself even thoughs I cud - sounds to me as though this thread be full of goodly edified peepol. However, when I gets me bus pass, think about adding OAP after me name.
    Last edited by Sleazy; 14-06-2017 at 9:15 AM.
    Signed Sleazy
    The Last Of The Lounge Lizards
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,187Posts Today

6,424Users online

Martin's Twitter