Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Glad
    • By Glad 3rd Jan 14, 6:38 PM
    • 17,742Posts
    • 38,213Thanks
    Glad
    Money Savers Arms CXXVI - serving beer, wine, soft drinks, tea, coffee - all welcome
    • 3rd Jan 14, 6:38 PM
    Money Savers Arms CXXVI - serving beer, wine, soft drinks, tea, coffee - all welcome 3rd Jan 14 at 6:38 PM

Good evening all

and welcome to a brand new Arms

a place to chill and chat

for everyone

I'm a Board Guide on the Money Savers Arms, Discussion Time, Wales, Competitions, Marriage Relationships & Families, Health and Pet Care boards. However, please do remember, board guides don't read every post. if you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    Compers please read the Comping Guide
Page 883
    • The Last Username
    • By The Last Username 12th Jun 17, 6:49 PM
    • 2,932 Posts
    • 6,482 Thanks
    The Last Username
    I just wanted to point out that today should be footie day for son ...... but it has been cancelled.
    Shame, innit?

Worralottamarbulz!
    Sleazy, don't be tempted to try nasal insertion with them marbulz.
    I has seed the after-effects in A&E of this & it was not pretty.

(No it was not me either! )
    "I'm not afraid of dying. I just don't want to be there when it happens."
    Spike Milligan
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 12th Jun 17, 6:52 PM
    • 5,721 Posts
    • 4,814 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Thanks LUN, last time I see marbles loike that I was concentrating constipating at me orifice. That's why the quack wouldn't let I work no more - I can't constipate on anything for very long, and the paperwork just piled up in the orifice, if you can understand I loike.
    Last edited by Sleazy; 12-06-2017 at 6:54 PM.
    Signed Sleazy
    The Last Of The Lounge Lizards
    Right To Reply Retained
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 12th Jun 17, 6:57 PM
    • 6,928 Posts
    • 8,348 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Oooh I know nothing

I have learnt that my BIL living first in Mexico, and now in Nicaragua for the last eight years.
    Obviously, he can speak Spanish but with an English accent. The locals call it Spanglish - I like that word
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 12th Jun 17, 7:12 PM
    • 5,721 Posts
    • 4,814 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Miss Tipsy, Talking of langy-wig, oise got a question for yer. When youse went to Gibralty, what langy do they speaks? I'm assuming it must be called Giberish loike what we speaks here, or are they a bit more genteel?
    Signed Sleazy
    Right To Reply Retained
    • The Last Username
    • By The Last Username 12th Jun 17, 7:18 PM
    • 2,932 Posts
    • 6,482 Thanks
    The Last Username
    Understoods prefectly Sleazy, things piling up in yer orifices ain't good.

Have I told you before that I love Mexico Tips?
    For holidays though, even a month is OK but I isn't shoor I wanna live there .......... and I never got to Knicker agua yet.
    Did you know agua is Spanish for water?
    Portuguese too.

Me, I prefer cerveza (chela -> beer).

Eddy cayshunal this fred, innit?
    Spike Milligan
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 12th Jun 17, 7:20 PM
    • 6,928 Posts
    • 8,348 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Miss Tipsy, Talking of langy-wig, oise got a question for yer. When youse went to Gibralty, what langy do they speaks? I'm assuming it must be called Giberish loike what we speaks here, or are they a bit more genteel?
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    The Queens English Sleazy, however as many workers are Spanish, I suppose it is that Spanglish word.

Gosh just found this, thought you would like it Sleazy.
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 12th Jun 17, 7:22 PM
    • 5,721 Posts
    • 4,814 Thanks
    Sleazy
    LUN - since I been-a-comin' ere, I must say that my nolig and understankink of loife has improved, roight down to Miss Tipsy's Flip Floppers. Oi rekon that oi moight studi fer a pee-aitch-dee.
    Signed Sleazy
    Right To Reply Retained
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 12th Jun 17, 7:37 PM
    • 6,928 Posts
    • 8,348 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    LUN I do speak some Spanish - I lived there for a year many moons ago.
    I learnt that Catalanian Spanish is different. Beer - Cerveza pronounced Servesa in some parts, but Therbetha in other parts.

So Sleazy you thinking you want some letters on your name? Maybe a title?
    Sir Sleazy or Dr Sleazy perhaps.
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 12th Jun 17, 7:42 PM
    • 5,721 Posts
    • 4,814 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Miss Tipsy, peepol been callin' me Cur Sleazy fer many a year. Oi reckon that I'm not wantin' any more titel deeds, but fanks fer yer kindly offa. An offer of alky-hol however is very rarely refused.
    Signed Sleazy
    Right To Reply Retained
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 12th Jun 17, 7:46 PM
    • 6,928 Posts
    • 8,348 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    ¿Ser!a Shiraz para beber?
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • motivated
    • By motivated 12th Jun 17, 7:52 PM
    • 1,542 Posts
    • 1,674 Thanks
    motivated
    Good heaving every bobbles

Sleazy I wouldn't mind the figure on that poor shattered woman. Though I doubt that dress would look as nice and smooth on me. Evryfing on me is eddin sarf cos I was built for comfort not speed

Tips, Spanglish is a good word. What does I talk then cockish

As for the flippy floppy things I never where them. I ave orrible feet.

I used to play marbles,on the drain cover many moons ago. Right street raker I was. Maybe they were yours mr Sleazy.
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 12th Jun 17, 7:56 PM
    • 5,721 Posts
    • 4,814 Thanks
    Sleazy
    ¿Ser!a Shiraz para beber?
    Originally posted by Tipsntreats
    Signed Sleazy
    Right To Reply Retained
    • The Last Username
    • By The Last Username 12th Jun 17, 7:56 PM
    • 2,932 Posts
    • 6,482 Thanks
    The Last Username
    Sleazy, I has letters after my name but I (almost never) use 'em.
    Won't go into why ....... bl@@dy pretentious profession I'm in.

Shiraz?
    Ptoooieee - try some Moscatel de Valencia for a sweet burn-the-hairs-off-yer-chest type dessert wine with body!
    When you visit you can buy it red, pink or white.
    And it is invariably delish.

Tips - I love Catalonians by & large, I find their attitude so different to most of the rest of Spain.
    Hearing an "average" Brit say "Grassy-@rse" always amuses me.
    Spike Milligan
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 12th Jun 17, 8:05 PM
    • 5,721 Posts
    • 4,814 Thanks
    Sleazy
    One of my old bosses from Wiltshire used to say "Muchos Grassy @r5e Pen15". I finally realised (after he explained) that what he actually meant was "Thank you very much, c0ck".
    Signed Sleazy
    Right To Reply Retained
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 12th Jun 17, 8:14 PM
    • 5,721 Posts
    • 4,814 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Same boss would say that "he was going to shake hands with the unemployed" when he went to use the facilities.

Great times until PC came along and spoilt it all - made work a lot of fun. Ended up being colleagues under a different boss and maintained our rapport for over 20 years. He's the only one I keeps in contact with occasionally now that I've been left out to dry because of my loose marbles (probably not helped by my govt. employer ).

Still, best count me blessings - Oive still got Wifey, Cat and me Shiraz.
    Last edited by Sleazy; 12-06-2017 at 8:18 PM.
    Signed Sleazy
    Right To Reply Retained
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 12th Jun 17, 10:13 PM
    • 39,262 Posts
    • 78,443 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Good evenings peeps.

Moti, (we need a better nickname for you in my humble opinion) I used to play marbles across the street when I lived in Lincolnshire. There was so little traffic you could play for hours before getting disturbed by a passing car.

Tips, I love that gif of the hairy planes. Did you know that the wingtips on airliners really do move up and down in flight. Sometimes several metres, but not as fast as yours.

LUN, my Cousin and I like a sweet white wine. North American (Canada and USA) ice wine is our favourite, with Kiwi ice wine a close second. On a visit to Canadian Niagara Falls dufree shop we came across some stuff called simply, Vice. It's a mixture of vodka and ice wine. That will knock your socks off but is also sweet.

I use the title, Webs Wonder with my signature. I've got lettuce after my name.

I'll get my coat.

Sleazy, I like your comment abut the people of Gibraltar speaking Gibberish. Up until now I thought it was only politishuns wot spoke it.

I'm going to watch some argie-bargie now, er, I mean England play Argentina at rugby.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 12-06-2017 at 10:41 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • motivated
    • By motivated 13th Jun 17, 5:59 AM
    • 1,542 Posts
    • 1,674 Thanks
    motivated
    Morning peeps

I disappeared early last nite. Was so tired I went off up the wooden hill to Bedfordshire at 8:45 and slept all night. Woke up nice and refreshed, batteries charged for another day.

As for the letters after names I too have some moti - v a t e d. Which is an acronym for ( drum roll please)
    Moti
    • very
    • Articulate
    • Talented
    • Essex
    • Diva

LUN I do not drink any wine (or Champagne) can't stand the taste. Every one I've tried makes me go
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 13th Jun 17, 7:42 AM
    • 5,721 Posts
    • 4,814 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Morning All who are awake ...
    Fruity - I watched Argie Bargy on Santaday, so suppose it was the replaying last evening? I think there's more Argie Bargy this weekend too.
    Signed Sleazy
    Right To Reply Retained
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 13th Jun 17, 7:59 AM
    • 39,262 Posts
    • 78,443 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Good morning all and one.

I like the letters after your name moti.

Sleazy, my Lovely recorded the thugby for me. What a game! England were losing until 90 seconds from the end. My pacemaker was working overtime.

It's hot choccy morning at sainsbugs with friends and family this morn, then more cupboard and attic clearing this avo.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 13th Jun 17, 12:16 PM
    • 6,928 Posts
    • 8,348 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Afternoonings all
    I hope everyone is well today.

All this talk of letters, yes I also have some, but like LUN don't use them - it's just Uni stuff really.
    Easy to get, a paper chase and a nice debt to pay off - Enough of that already.

Summer is back, so I am happy - no sox today!

Enjoy your choccy Fruity.

I am wondering if Sleazy has gone to see Heathcliff?

I also think that Moti should be renamed Diva - what do we think?

Laterers
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

353Posts Today

2,668Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • You're right, of course. How silly of me. After all, all my work is solely focused on my own personal circumstance? https://t.co/m6DHzFUjzg

• RT @ARJMOR: @MartinSLewis It may well be kind of random, but the algorithm used has a bias to the unpopular seats.

• It seems what Ryanair is saying is "don't pay and we leave you the seats we don't think people want and they're in the middle."

• Follow Martin