Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Glad
    • By Glad 3rd Jan 14, 6:38 PM
    • 17,746Posts
    • 38,245Thanks
    Glad
    Money Savers Arms CXXVI - serving beer, wine, soft drinks, tea, coffee - all welcome
    • 3rd Jan 14, 6:38 PM
    Money Savers Arms CXXVI - serving beer, wine, soft drinks, tea, coffee - all welcome 3rd Jan 14 at 6:38 PM

Good evening all

and welcome to a brand new Arms

a place to chill and chat

for everyone

I'm a Board Guide on the Money Savers Arms, Discussion Time, Wales, Competitions, Marriage Relationships & Families, Health and Pet Care boards. However, please do remember, board guides don't read every post. if you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    Compers please read the Comping Guide
Page 883
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 12th Jun 17, 7:56 PM
    • 6,403 Posts
    • 6,205 Thanks
    Sleazy
    ¿Ser!a Shiraz para beber?
    Originally posted by Tipsntreats
    • The Last Username
    • By The Last Username 12th Jun 17, 7:56 PM
    • 3,218 Posts
    • 7,223 Thanks
    The Last Username
    Sleazy, I has letters after my name but I (almost never) use 'em.
    Won't go into why ....... bl@@dy pretentious profession I'm in.

Shiraz?
    Ptoooieee - try some Moscatel de Valencia for a sweet burn-the-hairs-off-yer-chest type dessert wine with body!
    When you visit you can buy it red, pink or white.
    And it is invariably delish.

Tips - I love Catalonians by & large, I find their attitude so different to most of the rest of Spain.
    Hearing an "average" Brit say "Grassy-@rse" always amuses me.
    "I'm not afraid of dying. I just don't want to be there when it happens."
    Spike Milligan
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 12th Jun 17, 8:05 PM
    • 6,403 Posts
    • 6,205 Thanks
    Sleazy
    One of my old bosses from Wiltshire used to say "Muchos Grassy @r5e Pen15". I finally realised (after he explained) that what he actually meant was "Thank you very much, c0ck".
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 12th Jun 17, 8:14 PM
    • 6,403 Posts
    • 6,205 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Same boss would say that "he was going to shake hands with the unemployed" when he went to use the facilities.

Great times until PC came along and spoilt it all - made work a lot of fun. Ended up being colleagues under a different boss and maintained our rapport for over 20 years. He's the only one I keeps in contact with occasionally now that I've been left out to dry because of my loose marbles (probably not helped by my govt. employer ).

Still, best count me blessings - Oive still got Wifey, Cat and me Shiraz.
    Last edited by Sleazy; 12-06-2017 at 8:18 PM.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 12th Jun 17, 10:13 PM
    • 40,303 Posts
    • 80,496 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Good evenings peeps.

Moti, (we need a better nickname for you in my humble opinion) I used to play marbles across the street when I lived in Lincolnshire. There was so little traffic you could play for hours before getting disturbed by a passing car.

Tips, I love that gif of the hairy planes. Did you know that the wingtips on airliners really do move up and down in flight. Sometimes several metres, but not as fast as yours.

LUN, my Cousin and I like a sweet white wine. North American (Canada and USA) ice wine is our favourite, with Kiwi ice wine a close second. On a visit to Canadian Niagara Falls dufree shop we came across some stuff called simply, Vice. It's a mixture of vodka and ice wine. That will knock your socks off but is also sweet.

I use the title, Webs Wonder with my signature. I've got lettuce after my name.

I'll get my coat.

Sleazy, I like your comment abut the people of Gibraltar speaking Gibberish. Up until now I thought it was only politishuns wot spoke it.

I'm going to watch some argie-bargie now, er, I mean England play Argentina at rugby.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 12-06-2017 at 10:41 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • motivated
    • By motivated 13th Jun 17, 5:59 AM
    • 2,223 Posts
    • 3,128 Thanks
    motivated
    Morning peeps

I disappeared early last nite. Was so tired I went off up the wooden hill to Bedfordshire at 8:45 and slept all night. Woke up nice and refreshed, batteries charged for another day.

As for the letters after names I too have some moti - v a t e d. Which is an acronym for ( drum roll please)
    Moti
    • very
    • Articulate
    • Talented
    • Essex
    • Diva

LUN I do not drink any wine (or Champagne) can't stand the taste. Every one I've tried makes me go
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 13th Jun 17, 7:42 AM
    • 6,403 Posts
    • 6,205 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Morning All who are awake ...
    Fruity - I watched Argie Bargy on Santaday, so suppose it was the replaying last evening? I think there's more Argie Bargy this weekend too.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 13th Jun 17, 7:59 AM
    • 40,303 Posts
    • 80,496 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Good morning all and one.

I like the letters after your name moti.

Sleazy, my Lovely recorded the thugby for me. What a game! England were losing until 90 seconds from the end. My pacemaker was working overtime.

It's hot choccy morning at sainsbugs with friends and family this morn, then more cupboard and attic clearing this avo.
    I don't have a sister.

• Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 13th Jun 17, 12:16 PM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,688 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Afternoonings all
    I hope everyone is well today.

All this talk of letters, yes I also have some, but like LUN don't use them - it's just Uni stuff really.
    Easy to get, a paper chase and a nice debt to pay off - Enough of that already.

Summer is back, so I am happy - no sox today!

Enjoy your choccy Fruity.

I am wondering if Sleazy has gone to see Heathcliff?

I also think that Moti should be renamed Diva - what do we think?

Laterers
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 13th Jun 17, 12:57 PM
    • 40,303 Posts
    • 80,496 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    I don't know Moti well enough to suggest a new name, I just feel that moti is not such a nice abbreviation as say Tips or Fruity. Other opinions of course are available.

We took my Lovely's car for a steering and tyre check, and it is going to cost about £130 to fix. *sigh* Never mind, the coffee morning was a success with ten friends and family members present.

Sandalls for me today. I shall walk to the garage to pick up my Lovely's car after luncheon, then it's back to cupboard clearing before going out with the SAGA louts this eve for drinky poos.
    I don't have a sister.

• Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 13th Jun 17, 1:56 PM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,688 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Glad you had a lovely time Fruity - a great crowd to meet up with.
    £130 that sounds expensive.

A little female sparrow has got trapped in my greenhouse. I have opened the door and the window, but she is confused, and it is mighty hot in there. I do hope she finds her way out before the local cats come a mooching. Strange this year as I haven't seen the usual abundance of Squirrels in my garden. Talking about squirrels, I forgot to say how shocked I was to see black squirrels in Canada.

Moti will, of course, let us know her choice of name. As for me, I seem to have a new one created by Sleazy - Miss Tipsy - hey ho.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 13th Jun 17, 4:25 PM
    • 40,303 Posts
    • 80,496 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Good afternoon all and one, and what a glory-@rse day it has turned out to be,

... apart vrum the two new tyres plus steering alignment needed on my Lovely's car. It's the turn of my car tomorrow to get a new zorst, then I need to get tracking chacked and a new tyre organised for the Money Pit soonly. *sigh*

Oh well, we made 20 quid today by taking old bedding and brac a bric to the local charity weighbridge, so at least I have money to buy my 95% water tonight.

I'm just chilling for a bit before tea, then I shall wander down to the station to get the train to the big city for my night out with the SAGA Louts.
    I don't have a sister.

• The Last Username
    • By The Last Username 13th Jun 17, 4:29 PM
    • 3,218 Posts
    • 7,223 Thanks
    The Last Username
    I fink I unnerstans wot you mean about "Moti". I mean loike oi is foine wiv LUN but Moti ..........

So ............. we saw a stork today.
    A real live feathered one, not the arrival we is hoping for yet although phone calls have been made in attempts to persuade.

A second mortgage is in process for garden goodies which have been purchased today, plants plus pots and saucer-type things plus soil, bark (no, not "woof") and assorted bags of stones needing multiple trips.
    Funny things gardeners, ain't they?
    I mean, next to bags of stone is big things full of ....... well, bigger stones, starting at apple-sized pebbles & working up in size.
    When I sorted the jungle out into the garden it has become, I got rid of LOADS of 'em - and now she wants 'em back and says we gotta PAY for 'em!
    So any ways, result = Mrs Lun dozing wiv a "head".
    Dunno why coz it was my wallet getting a good airing.

Tyres were done first thing, then various garden centres visited - some more than once! In between, as well as seeing the stork we also saw a deer peering at us above a roadside hedge. A little off-putting when you're driving, the wildlife around here.

Right, I might be about laters but now I gotta decide where to put all this bally gardening stuff.
    "I'm not afraid of dying. I just don't want to be there when it happens."
    Spike Milligan
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 13th Jun 17, 4:38 PM
    • 40,303 Posts
    • 80,496 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Gardening, the curse of the retired I say. My grass needs yet another haircut. I shall put that of until tomozz and hope it doesn't precipitate in the mean time.

I have a pile of rocks you can have LUN. You will just have to have a day out in Zumerzet to pick them up. Nine or ten hour round trip plus loading. Easy peasy.
    There's also a timber merchant that generates its own woodland bark as a by product so it's quite chirp.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 13-06-2017 at 4:42 PM.
    I don't have a sister.

• Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 13th Jun 17, 4:42 PM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,688 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Well, Fruity Saga louts once more - sounds good to me.
    Now do I expect burnt toast here on the morrow? Or mischief with the lovely Laks?
    BTW how is Josephine? It is about time we had a night on here - I promise to wear my bestest frock.

LUN please understand that there are different kinds of stones - We ladies like posh ones.
    I have loads of little things in my jardin - ornaments of parrotts everwhere.
    PS Stork comes on the morrow - Mystic Tips is usually correct.

I was hoping hubby would take some pics of my paintings today - but he faffing around in the shed.

Laterers
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 13th Jun 17, 4:50 PM
    • 40,303 Posts
    • 80,496 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    No toast alas. It's up and back on the train tonight with no stopover which is when I normally do my very late night/early bird bantering with the Comping Queen.

Faffing? FAFFING? Men do not faff in the shed! They do very important things like mending broken stuff you will never use, and planning things. Lots of planning. Sometimes the planning takes years I'll have you know.

Josephine may be available on Friedegg or Saturdegg evening.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 13-06-2017 at 4:52 PM.
    I don't have a sister.

• motivated
    • By motivated 13th Jun 17, 5:41 PM
    • 2,223 Posts
    • 3,128 Thanks
    motivated
    Evening all

I thought my ears were burning whilst I was at work. I am easy..... I'm talking about the name of course . I have been called a few things in my time I can tell ya

Fruity my DH also faffs around in the shed. He goes down there to 'sort it out'. He drags everything out and the exact same amount goes back in. He comes away with a small bag of rubbish and that's from sweeping the floor.

Tips we have lots of sparrows around here and my DS insisted for many years that they were indeed Dicky birds and not sparrows lol

LUN you need to check if that stork has a satnav to steer him in the right direction. Mind you if his sense of direction is anything like mine he's had it
    Last edited by motivated; 13-06-2017 at 5:46 PM.
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 13th Jun 17, 5:54 PM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,688 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Hi Moti
    I still finks Diva suits ya - innit

Dicky bird did eventually escape

Waiting for me spuds to cook.

Men also faff around at filling stations - they always have to make sure the last drip goes into the tank.
    Gals don't do that, we have to fix our lippy in the car mirror.

My thoughts are with you Mr Seazy if you are reading - Take care

Lazerers
    • Tigsteroonie
    • By Tigsteroonie 13th Jun 17, 6:00 PM
    • 22,493 Posts
    • 56,049 Thanks
    Tigsteroonie
    I've been here too long - I've been awarded my 10th anniversary badge today
    Going to become Mrs Marleyboy for real

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

Proud Parents to an Au-some son
    • motivated
    • By motivated 13th Jun 17, 6:05 PM
    • 2,223 Posts
    • 3,128 Thanks
    motivated
    I don't understand the faffing men and do at the petrol station either ( filling station sounds very posh Miss Tipsy). Getting back in their car then deciding they have to faff around with whatever's on their passenger seat ( hopefully not another hooman bean though) putting their wallet back in their back pocket and then deciding to put their seatbelt on. You can see little ole me sitting behind waiting patiently.

Is it another man thing with the newspaper too? My DH leaves the newspaper inside out and folded in half. I then have to faff around with it just to find page 1.

Sorry man Nag over lol

Although I tell my hubby that there is no such thing as nagging. I call it reminding. If he did what I asked the first time I wouldn't need to remind him
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,714Posts Today

8,336Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin