Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Glad
    • By Glad 3rd Jan 14, 6:38 PM
    • 17,746Posts
    • 38,242Thanks
    Glad
    Money Savers Arms CXXVI - serving beer, wine, soft drinks, tea, coffee - all welcome
    • 3rd Jan 14, 6:38 PM
    Money Savers Arms CXXVI - serving beer, wine, soft drinks, tea, coffee - all welcome 3rd Jan 14 at 6:38 PM

Good evening all

and welcome to a brand new Arms

a place to chill and chat

for everyone

I'm a Board Guide on the Money Savers Arms, Discussion Time, Wales, Competitions, Marriage Relationships & Families, Health and Pet Care boards. However, please do remember, board guides don't read every post. if you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    Compers please read the Comping Guide
Page 879
    • motivated
    • By motivated 10th Jun 17, 9:19 PM
    • 2,178 Posts
    • 2,985 Thanks
    motivated
    Had a long, lazy day sitting in the garden reading. Now have sore, sunburned knees
    So I'm off up the wooden hill to Bedfordshire. Will catch up tomorrow peeps
    M
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 10th Jun 17, 11:20 PM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,675 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Just popped back after much-needed wine.
    Welcome M, another Gal was much needed.
    No rules on this thread - just confusion.

(Text removed by MSE Forum Team)
    Last edited by MSE ForumTeam5; 11-06-2017 at 8:18 AM.
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 11th Jun 17, 6:58 AM
    • 6,403 Posts
    • 6,190 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Morning Ladles and Jelly Spoons, hope we all slept nicely without any of they she-horses going running through your head in the night. Had a few myself, proper rattled me marbles.
    LUN - I been thinking about your fairy likwid garden, and would suggest that a few scary characters might help keeping the birds away like. What does you rekon?

Anywayz I beaned up longly enuf without a coffee, so I'se gonna shuffle into the kitchen as Sunday be the maid's day orf, and just so there's no misunderstanderings, I isn't talking about wifey.
    • motivated
    • By motivated 11th Jun 17, 7:15 AM
    • 2,178 Posts
    • 2,985 Thanks
    motivated
    Oh so you employed a different maid I sees. I thought that job had my name written all over it. No worries Mr Sleaze you are forgiven

I too am having coffee and contemplating what I will do today. Not too much if I can help it.

Mr M decided to stay with family another night it's been heaven here. No rubbish TV on all day. Just little ole me until he returns later. I intend to make the most of it.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 11th Jun 17, 9:36 AM
    • 40,184 Posts
    • 80,268 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Hi Motivated and welcome ... I hangs out here sometimes, away from any shenanigans ...

Fruity, I know oive had a sheltery upbringing loike, but what MFTY exactly mean?
    Miss Tipsy, thanks for the rock - real yummy apart from the doo doo.
    LUN , fairy garden? I thinks your wifey be needin' a stiff drink or three.

Laterers all
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    Thanks for the welcome sleazy
    I must say I wondered this too
    M
    Originally posted by motivated
    Good morning all and one.

It is a middling day by here by here on the Riviera. Neither warm and sunny nor wet and cold. Erz a bit windig though.

Just for clarification. MFTY is Master Fruitcake The Younger. There is also a MFTE, Master Fruitcake The Elder.

I shall spend some of the day doing important emails, and the rest of the time clearing out the attic ready for a loft conversion to start sometime in the not to distant future.

Welcome motivated to the madhouse. Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 11-06-2017 at 9:55 AM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • motivated
    • By motivated 11th Jun 17, 10:01 AM
    • 2,178 Posts
    • 2,985 Thanks
    motivated
    Hi Fruitcake and thanks for the welcome. I get the impression that this thread is quite jolly. I like jolly

The weather here in posh Essex too is a bit middling as you put it. A little confused as to what it wants to do. A bit like me.

Roast Beef cooking nicely in the oven, even if I don't eat it, it smells nice.
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 11th Jun 17, 10:04 AM
    • 6,403 Posts
    • 6,190 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Fruity, I thank ee for the explanashuns. I was wonderin' if you be converting the lofty whether you'd be lookin' for a bit of rental? I knows an old codger or three that might be interested in a room - wouldn't mind sharing with Ellie oither if needs be. Best warn Ellie though that they got fleas.
    • motivated
    • By motivated 11th Jun 17, 10:17 AM
    • 2,178 Posts
    • 2,985 Thanks
    motivated
    I have one old codger that would benefit from a room. I will mention it when he gets back from his mums
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 11th Jun 17, 10:47 AM
    • 6,403 Posts
    • 6,190 Thanks
    Sleazy
    I have one old codger that would benefit from a room. I will mention it when he gets back from his mums
    Originally posted by motivated
    Does he have fleas, and is he house trained? Wouldn't want Fruity's house to be gettin' infestriated with any creepy crawlies or sumfin'

Fruity, what you rekon? Is Motivated's ideary a goer or not?
    • motivated
    • By motivated 11th Jun 17, 10:53 AM
    • 2,178 Posts
    • 2,985 Thanks
    motivated
    He is flea free but is not very well house trained. Doesn't know what a washing up bowl is, doesn't know what a rubbish bin is, doesn't know what a hoover or a mop is. I could go on lol apart from that he's an ideal house guest.

Shall I send him round Fruity?
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 11th Jun 17, 11:09 AM
    • 40,184 Posts
    • 80,268 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Oh yes, we encourage fun and daftness a plenty by here. More importantly we try to be a friendly bunch, and offer support if needed.

Posh Essex? That implies there is a non-posh part of the county. By here in the land of the Wurzel we have no such distinctshuns. We'm all country bumpkins, ev'n the townies really, zept the incomerz, like me. Oi've only been by yer vur thirty five yerz.
    My Couzin tho' she be a local lass.

Alas friends the rental inmates have already been chosen. The plan is for My Lovely Cousin and me to move up into the loft extension with bedroom and adjacent shower room, then move the Outlaws into the whole of the existing first floor.
    They will then have a bedroom, a sitting room, (our old bedroom) and a bathroom. We will have to lose the small single bedroom to get the stairs and stairlift in position, but will gain a master mistress bedroom with on-sweet up a level.

So, no room for any more lodgers.

I would like to point out that I am house trained. I leave the loo seat down, can recognise domestic appliances at ten paces, and actually use them. I also do light vacuuming with a light vacuum (one that is not heavy, not one that has illumination) and share the washing up.
    However, I do a lot less round the house than I used to since I was diagnosed with several medical conditions, one of which is lifestyle limiting.
    I am fairly sure that I am fairly flea free.

I am just about to make a nice cup of vanilla black tea made with real tea leaves.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 11-06-2017 at 11:18 AM.
    I don't have a sister.

• Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 11th Jun 17, 1:02 PM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,675 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Afternoonings all
    This thread is such fun and makes me laugh just reading through.
    Tis windy in Tips county and cloudy. I am missing the hot sun I have left behind.

Fruity glad the plans are getting on track. How is your back now?
    I must find some nice Ellie look alike gifs today.

Moti I used to live in Chelmsford many moons ago - is that posh or not?

Sleazy do you have shares in wutheringspoons?

LUN how is your wifey now?

Laterers
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 11th Jun 17, 1:07 PM
    • 6,403 Posts
    • 6,190 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Miss Tipsy, I confess to getting me spoons mixed up with me heights. There was me thinking I was going to Wuthering Heights every morning to get eddy-cated about them Brontly Sisters, and now I finds out it's just for the grub and coffee.
    • motivated
    • By motivated 11th Jun 17, 1:21 PM
    • 2,178 Posts
    • 2,985 Thanks
    motivated
    Tips I don't think any part of it is posh only my accent (not)

Hope it's not too chilly where you are. After being in the sun on hollibobs you will notice it more.

Ahh but mr sleaze can you play the spoons? I Would try but my sunburned knees won't let me bash them with spoons at the mo
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 11th Jun 17, 1:27 PM
    • 40,184 Posts
    • 80,268 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Sleazy, I assumed you were going to see Kate Bush, not the Bronte sisters.

Tips, my back is much betterer having had it crunched by the osteopath psychopath last week.

Moti, do ee zpeak the Queen'z English wiv yer posh aaaaaccent then? I do zpeak it anyway. Whull, I zpeakz ow er would zpeak if er comed vrum round yer.
    I don't have a sister.

• The Last Username
    • By The Last Username 11th Jun 17, 1:31 PM
    • 3,217 Posts
    • 7,222 Thanks
    The Last Username
    Oi has been readin' but it is looking like sadly I cannot stay for long.

Tips, Mrs Lun is ....... okay-ish; the X-ray eventually came back clear & doktor peeps said "more tests" but getting these is ->
    Still sore throat BUT at least she can speak now, after a few courses of different tablets.
    So it's a kinda waiting game to see what occurs next, though she is much better generally TVM for asking.
    (MIL had MRI & has a few tests booked over next few weeks. She too is generally improved but not 2right" IYSWIM.)

It's great to see new visitors here, a big WELCOME to motivated.

It sounds like you has bin havin' fun Fruity - ankle grinders to wheels sounds .... er .......... !

We don't wanna keep birdies away though Sleazy. We have lotsa "regulars", from a family of thrushes (thrush ???? thrushiii???) to our beloved wood pigeons and even robins (no, no Batpersons - though we do have bats too).
    "Fairy garden" I ask you ........... I suggested that a grenade may be appropriate response. The bruising is slowly fading .

Now as I said (managed longer than I thought already) I might ...... MIGHT not be about much.
    Because the stork is due to pay a visit to eldest daughter, who lives over an hour away - and is (we think) in early stages now.

Once the texts/phone calls get closer ............

So I bid you all a fond "adiue" until latererers, mebbees.
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 11th Jun 17, 1:35 PM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,675 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Wow this thread is getting very active.
    Mr Pleazy playing the spoons - hmmm I think he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth

Glad your back has been clicked back in place Fruity - I know that costs.

Moti put some sudocream on those beesknees

• motivated
    • By motivated 11th Jun 17, 1:48 PM
    • 2,178 Posts
    • 2,985 Thanks
    motivated
    Fruity I don't think mrs queen would be too impressed with my 'queens english'. I tawk as it sands like on Fursday I fort I wood go Dan the shop wiv me muvva me bruvva and me farva

Fanx for the welcome LUN hope the stork delivers very soon
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 11th Jun 17, 2:00 PM
    • 40,184 Posts
    • 80,268 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Hi and by LUN. I'm glad the ladies of your domain are improving. Does this mean your magic laundry bin will start working again soonly?
    Ow! Who hit me?

We have lots of dicky-tweats visiting us, but alas no frushes. Apart from a squadron of migrating Redwings of the frush fambly many years ago, we have only ever had a visit from one frush in the firty five yerz wot I have lived here.
    Did you know that there are firty fousand fevers on a frushes froat?

We do get three young magpies playing in the jardin every year, always with mum and dad watching from poles and trees nearby. We get a pair of clever crows that dip their food in the pond and then come back about ten minutes later when it is softer to eat.

Blackbirds a plenty, with a nesting pair in the hedge. Pairs of bobbin red chesticles, sparrows by the million, collared doves, feral pigeons, and a few woodpigeons that do a very good famous grouse impersonation when they walk.
    We have a dovecote in the apple tree but no dove has ventured within, although we did once witness a pair of the slily birds sheltering underneath it from the rain.
    Some of the pigeons have worked out how to hang by one foot from the bird feeders whilst tucking their tail under and flapping like bad to maintain position. The other pigeons hang about underneath to catch the seeds wot get dropped. I end up have to refill the feeders every two days as a result.

We have a pair of wrens that visit occasionally and serenade each other with their beautiful voices.

On odd occasions we get birds of prey visiting and sometimes swooping through, and once we had a couple of green woodpeckers.

At dusk we occasionally get bats overflying, but I now not from whence they come.

There are badgers in the garden behind ours, and I have been battling with them for several years to stop them tunnelling in to ours. Goddess of the White knows what would happen if our Boxer dog Ellie was to meet one.

We used to get newts, sloworms, and the odd eel in the pond, but haven't seen any for a few years now.
    We do still get breeding frogs and toads every year though. They offspring are now about the size of a thumbnail but Ellie hasn't found any yet. She always looks so surprised when they are bigger and hopping about as she patrols the jardin.

... and that is the end of our Countryfile report from Fruitcake Folly.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 11-06-2017 at 2:05 PM.
    I don't have a sister.

• motivated
    • By motivated 11th Jun 17, 2:22 PM
    • 2,178 Posts
    • 2,985 Thanks
    motivated
    We too get the magpies dipping the bread in the bird barf and then feeding the babies. Luvvly to watch.

Boxer dog My Boxer boy has just gone over the rainbow bridge
    It sound luvvly where you are. All we get are police sirens. Nee naw nee naw all day and night It's the Essex theme tune
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,739Posts Today

6,828Users online

Martin's Twitter