Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Glad
    • By Glad 3rd Jan 14, 6:38 PM
    • 17,831Posts
    • 38,602Thanks
    Glad
    Money Savers Arms CXXVI - serving beer, wine, soft drinks, tea, coffee - all welcome
    • 3rd Jan 14, 6:38 PM
    Money Savers Arms CXXVI - serving beer, wine, soft drinks, tea, coffee - all welcome 3rd Jan 14 at 6:38 PM

Good evening all

and welcome to a brand new Arms

a place to chill and chat

for everyone

I'm a Board Guide on the Money Savers Arms, Discussion Time, Wales, Competitions, Marriage Relationships & Families, Health and Pet Care boards. However, please do remember, board guides don't read every post. if you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    Compers please read the Comping Guide
Page 878
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 9th Jun 17, 10:04 AM
    • 6,403 Posts
    • 6,205 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Me, Fruitcake, having foody carnal knowledge of fruitcake. Perhaps using the espresso "cannabilisticals" might have made more sensicles.

It's a bit sunny and a bit calm by here today. Much political turmoils on the telly so I shall give it all a stiff ignoring. There are far more important things in my life at the mo.

I spent many a happy a time working on them there flying machine motors, "somewhere in Norfolk."
    UK MoD had this wonderful idea many eons ago. Let's find a place called Nowhere and build an airbase in the middle of it. I used to stay near Queen's Lynn then trek half an hour to and from the base a-cause there was nowhere nearer to stay with a decent variety of quaffing and face stuffing establishments.

I hopes all and one are wellish and enjoy your days.
    Originally posted by Fruitcake

Talk about being dim ... of course!
    Got up this mornin' and felt finely. Went with wifey on the bus and popped in to see my mum (she's made it to 90) .
    Had a coffee or three in town at WetherForks with a bite or so, then a rather large and dark personal cloud descended upon I. I assumes this is all part of the 'losing me marbles' conditioning. Anyways I shall try to motivate myself to do the washings up, then we'll see what happens.

Wifey enjoyed Norfolk - picked up a lot of purty shelly things from the beach and apparently the sky only cried a bit.

Probably see you laterers if you don't see me furst
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 9th Jun 17, 5:13 PM
    • 40,482 Posts
    • 80,866 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Well that has been a most successful day. We culled a cupboard then I increased the storage space within said cupboard by building in some shelves. Erz all much neater now and I have a few million Brownie points, and I didn't overdo it either.
    Then, I managed to finally get the photos off Mrs F's phone and backed them up on to her Tablet. She are most chuffed and I have even more Brownie points.

The only problem is, I don't know how to spend the aforementioned points. I don't even know what the exchange rate is.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 9th Jun 17, 5:33 PM
    • 6,403 Posts
    • 6,205 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Fruity, here's one ideary - In a day or three's time you starts-a-groaning to yourself. When Mrs F asks what be the trouble, you says "Oive been-a-sufferin' ever since I did those shelves". Immediately your points be doubled (loike in Tesco), plus she'll tell you to rest-a-whiles whilst she cooks you sumfin' nice. When she brings it, you says "bit parched loike", which'll prompt er to get you some zcrumpy sharpish like.

Make sure you gives your Ellie a lickl bit too, but mind she don't dribble or you'll get caught.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 9th Jun 17, 5:56 PM
    • 40,482 Posts
    • 80,866 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Nice idea, sneaky efun.

Howezza, now my back iz betterer she are letting me go out on Tuesdegg night with the SAGA Louts, so I think that is going to be my points redempshun.

I don' want to spoil that.

I've just been watching the daft young Magpies. We normally get three every year sticking their beaks into allsorts of silly stuff. Today they are playing with pond weed and fighting over a twig.
    I don't have a sister.

• The Last Username
    • By The Last Username 9th Jun 17, 6:06 PM
    • 3,218 Posts
    • 7,223 Thanks
    The Last Username
    Great plan there Sleazy.
    Somehow though were it I methinks I would find a way to budgie it up.

I could suggest how I redeem my brownie points Fruity but I might get banned ........... here or by Mrs LUN, or worse.

Well after recovery I has trimmed the lawn again.
    I begin to understand the current fascination for faux grass (not to be confoozed with foie gras) which carpet shops keep advertising hereabouts - but do you have to vacuum it or summat? And will we have to buy plastic worms and plastic snails etc.?

I has also arranged new tyres for OH's vehicular transport - bit of a that coz it needs four this time. Still, ordered & fitting booked.
    With the state of roads nowadays I does wonder why I bother buying decent-ish ones coz some of our potholes are bigerer than her car. My mechanic says he's doing a roaring trade in springs.

I might be about later on.
    I might not.
    I think I will surprise myself and wait & see.
    Toodles.

P.S. - Fruity, I has been larfing at antics of pigeons and also family of starlings.
    I'm amazed how many starlings fit on the rim of our bird bath.
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 9th Jun 17, 8:48 PM
    • 6,403 Posts
    • 6,205 Thanks
    Sleazy
    LUN - don't you forget there's faux moley hills and a faux lawn mower you'll also need to account for. As an ideary, if there be so many potty-holes in your neck of the woods, why not try an ovvy-crafty? That might just do the tricky nicely.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 10th Jun 17, 8:31 AM
    • 40,482 Posts
    • 80,866 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    You are also going to need fake grass clippers, and a fake strimmer, and fake lawn edger... and as for the fake lawn fertiliser, and fake weed killer to kill the fake weeds, I'm not so sure fake grass is such a good idea after all.

It's cool and windy but dry by here today. MFTY, his wife, and one of the instant grandkids will be descending upon us this morning. I shall need a restipoo afterwards.
    I don't have a sister.

• Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 10th Jun 17, 9:09 AM
    • 6,403 Posts
    • 6,205 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Weather same here so far - leastaways I haven't sniffed any rain. Having my fairly 'usual' brekkie in Wetherbeaters of veggie sausages in a bun with coffee. Had orders to stay out most of the morning to give wifey room to tidy up.

Not sure that I'll have any winks today - slept a lot yezerday.

Toodle Pip until laterers
    • The Last Username
    • By The Last Username 10th Jun 17, 3:42 PM
    • 3,218 Posts
    • 7,223 Thanks
    The Last Username
    Felicitations everypeeps!

I'm likin' the idea of a hovvy-craft Sleazy. Will insurance be much more than now for my ickle auto moe beel? Coz they keeps puttin' that up, though I did save a little bit thanks to a couple of Meerkats.

Which leads me to a thought for the day: can we have a comparison site for the comparison sites?
    Because I used .... five I think (plus a few independents) and the prices were different on all of them, sometimes by more than just a little bit! For the second time in about a mumf too, coz I did the house insewererants too.

I do hope you are suitably recovered following your invayshun Fruity?
    Well, you two convinced me - I will stick with real grass-like grass.
    Otherwise the beasties will be most upset and I would miss the smell after its haircuts.
    (Plus we don't have the room for all the fakery as there are concerns regarding frost-proof and colourfast properties etc... )

After a very damp start to the day it has beed rather nice, sunny, warm & windy enough to dry loads of laundry. But not quite nice enough for washing & cleaning the car, strangely ..............

Laterers all.
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 10th Jun 17, 6:03 PM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,693 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Hello my lovelies
    I need to read back to see what you have all been up to.
    I also need to read the news - what is going on with our politics?

I will pop back here later when I have read a week's worth on this thread.
    I will also tell you how much I enjoyed Gibraltar.
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 10th Jun 17, 7:19 PM
    • 6,403 Posts
    • 6,205 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Welcome back Miss Tipsy , happy to see that you arrived in one piece and hopefully with all your pieces - didn't want any falling out of that airy-flying thing.

LUN - Oive got a pal called Sergei who works at meercat.com. Give him a call, mention me and he'll give you 'mateys ratey's'. Thinking about your lawn - have you got real Gnomes? Faux Gnomes wouldn't be a bad ideary cos' then you wouldn't need to be-a-feedin' them and they wouldn't go a-stealing your zcrumpy .

I told you boyz that wifey was having a tidy up this mornin' loike. Well didn't quite happen as planned, cos' after me brekkie I gets a call on me talking device .. "Sleazy, gets you home sharpish. Feline has brought a pterodactyl into the lounge, and oive locked myself in the bedroom ...". So I gets home and can't find said birdy anywhere. Laterers, when getting ready for some shut eye, said pterodactyl appears and is fluttering around like Miss Tipsy's eyes lookin' fer to get out, so I had to help him out the front door loike. Brownie points from wifey for saving her.

See you all laterers if you be around these partz.

Miss Tipsy - did you remember me rock?
    • The Last Username
    • By The Last Username 10th Jun 17, 7:35 PM
    • 3,218 Posts
    • 7,223 Thanks
    The Last Username
    Greeting to the Tips-y one!

I hopes your time haz been enjoyabubbles and that you haven't been annoying any monkeez?
    Or any Spaniards come to that.

Are you all refreshed and tanned?
    And full of Spanish vino (though I know what type you prefer)?

Sadly I is now to late for Sergei's intervention Sleazy, the button is pressed and pennies have winged their way ............. much like your Terry duck tail from the soundz of it.
    Gnomes?
    Bit of a sore point here, such fings.
    Coz Mrs Lun has got into her head that the raised bed I didded is gonna be some kinda decorative "fairy garden"!
    I mean, really? That's right, really I have no choice.

*sigh*

I do hope that the nice Mr Fruity is re covered in suitable materials?
    Toodles.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 10th Jun 17, 7:46 PM
    • 40,482 Posts
    • 80,866 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    What a day! MFTY turned up with his fambly, and a car with very dangerous tyre. He should never have drived it.
    The anti-theft wheel bolt was seized and I couldn't get the wheel off. My neighbour who is a motor mechanic couldn't get it off, even after trying to persuade it with big hammers and a cold chisel.

In the end we took it to a local garage who eventually had to cut the wheel apart with an ankle grinder to get the locking bolt out. Apparently it was the wrong type from a completely different make of car and had actually seized into the wheel itself.
    Thankfully we were then able to get the spare wheel on so he and fambly could get safely home.

Our local RNLI heros have a hovvy craft cos wisitors have a habit of getting stuck in the mud when the tide is out.

Welcome home Tips.
    I don't have a sister.

• Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 10th Jun 17, 7:53 PM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,693 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Here you go Sleazy

I don't like cheap Spanish plonk LUN, so I bought some Duty free Vodka - £7.49 Smirnoff.
    200 B&H £21. We stayed in a hotel suite in La Linea, fantastic views from our balcony. Only a 10 min walk to the frontier. The Temp was upto 30 deg most days, so yes I have some colour.
    I did brave the cable car to the top of the rock, to see the Apes - They are so funny!

Now, where is Fruity? How is the back?
    • motivated
    • By motivated 10th Jun 17, 8:36 PM
    • 2,273 Posts
    • 3,392 Thanks
    motivated
    Evening all

Fancy seeing you here tips and sleazy. Don't mind if I tag along do you

Are there any rules in here I should know about? Wouldn't wanna get in trouble now would I
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 10th Jun 17, 8:53 PM
    • 6,403 Posts
    • 6,205 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Hi Motivated and welcome ... I hangs out here sometimes, away from any shenanigans ...

Fruity, I know oive had a sheltery upbringing loike, but what MFTY exactly mean?
    Miss Tipsy, thanks for the rock - real yummy apart from the doo doo.
    LUN , fairy garden? I thinks your wifey be needin' a stiff drink or three.

Laterers all
    • motivated
    • By motivated 10th Jun 17, 9:01 PM
    • 2,273 Posts
    • 3,392 Thanks
    motivated
    Hi Motivated and welcome ... I hangs out here sometimes, away from any shenanigans ...

Fruity, I know oive had a sheltery upbringing loike, but what MFTY exactly mean?
    Laterers all
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    Thanks for the welcome sleazy
    I must say I wondered this too
    M
    • motivated
    • By motivated 10th Jun 17, 9:19 PM
    • 2,273 Posts
    • 3,392 Thanks
    motivated
    Had a long, lazy day sitting in the garden reading. Now have sore, sunburned knees
    So I'm off up the wooden hill to Bedfordshire. Will catch up tomorrow peeps
    M
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 10th Jun 17, 11:20 PM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,693 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Just popped back after much-needed wine.
    Welcome M, another Gal was much needed.
    No rules on this thread - just confusion.

(Text removed by MSE Forum Team)
    Last edited by MSE ForumTeam5; 11-06-2017 at 8:18 AM.
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 11th Jun 17, 6:58 AM
    • 6,403 Posts
    • 6,205 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Morning Ladles and Jelly Spoons, hope we all slept nicely without any of they she-horses going running through your head in the night. Had a few myself, proper rattled me marbles.
    LUN - I been thinking about your fairy likwid garden, and would suggest that a few scary characters might help keeping the birds away like. What does you rekon?

Anywayz I beaned up longly enuf without a coffee, so I'se gonna shuffle into the kitchen as Sunday be the maid's day orf, and just so there's no misunderstanderings, I isn't talking about wifey.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

59Posts Today

3,878Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin