Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Lulu58
    Tar in washing machine
    • 2nd Jan 14, 6:41 PM
    Tar in washing machine 2nd Jan 14 at 6:41 PM
    Hi, I've managed to get some tar in a washing machine which has then deposited itself on various items of clothing. I've picked off any bits of tar I can see in the drum, and have wiped down the drum with some solvent to remove the streaks of tar, but it has got into one or more of the plastic bars that run back to front of the drum. Again, I've got out as much as I can and have done several 'boil' washes but I'm still getting small deposits on clothes.

Does anyone know of some kind of 'safe' solvent/de-tarring product that I can run through the machine to clear out whatever is remaining, or can anyone suggest anything else?
    Last edited by Lulu58; 03-01-2014 at 5:18 PM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

6,250Posts Today

8,023Users online

Martin's Twitter