Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • neneromanova
    • By neneromanova 31st Dec 13, 7:29 PM
    • 2,881Posts
    • 6,844Thanks
    neneromanova
    Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!!
    • 31st Dec 13, 7:29 PM
    Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!! 31st Dec 13 at 7:29 PM
    Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

Welcome to our Families' section under 12 weeks' pregnant club. It's a fantastic chat area started by forumite neneromanova several years ago and still going strong. Chat to other new mums-to-be about all things baby and parenting including, whether MoneySaving or not. Click "reply" below to join in the conversation and join the Forum.

Don't forget to read our Baby Checklist too for tons of tips on saving money when you have a littl'un on the way.

Back to the original thread...

-------

This is a continuation of This thread which will be closed due to it's length.

It's a thread that came from the very different needs of early pregnancy and is the springboard for the main MSE pregnancy thread here...

I've taken some of the thread 'starters' from the main thread including the be careful notice below... Please let me know if there's more that should be on this opening post. ps thanks to Courgette for starting the original thread.

Ladies also please remember the following rules

MEDICAL ADVICE

Sorry, giving or asking for medical advice is not permitted on this forum as it!!!8217;s not what this site is about. While discussing medical insurance policies, cheaper ways to see consultants, cashback for alternative health treatments and how to get specific medication cheaper (legally) are all perfectly acceptable we ask you specifically not to discuss what to do in the event of certain medical problems (please see this rule on the Health Board). If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

PERSONAL DETAILS AND THE OFFERING OF ITEMS FOR SALE/TRADE/EXCHANGE/SWAP/GIFTS

Please refrain from requesting the exchange of personal details either on the forum, via PM or email; particularly for the purposes of selling/trading/exchanging/swapping or giving as gifts. This includes posting links to your ebay auctions, or other forms of advertising.

If someone appears to be selling items on the board it may be deleted by the board guides/forum team. The aim is to protect site users as however honourable the intention, your safety is paramount.

FREE TO JOIN BABY CLUBS:
    Its probably best to go to the main thread for these... all on the first page, thanks ticklepenny

Please don't forget that this is a public forum and anyone could be reading it. Don't let this put you off discussing anything personal, just please be aware that the people posting on the thread may not be the only ones reading (it may just be that these people, aka lurkers, are too shy to post). Now enjoy your pg natter

and lets hope all our little beans are sticky ones...

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 12-10-2017 at 2:31 PM.
    DD1 Born 31st March 2008
    DD2 Born 29th August 2010
    DS1 Born 28th October 2013
    Got Married 15th September 2012 Now Mrs Clark

Page 395
    • afoolandhermoney
    • By afoolandhermoney 31st Jan 18, 8:51 AM
    • 166 Posts
    • 287 Thanks
    afoolandhermoney
    Thanks Freddie and jg, we already cook from scratch most nights (only occasional packaged sauces and very very rare takeaway - OH is coeliac and that restricts what we can get, plus we're 6 miles from the nearest takeaway living out in the sticks)
    re: baby activities, I don't expect there'll be much around here (the average age in our village is over 60 as so many retire here so there's not many new mums) and it will all involve a drive to the nearest town, but it should still mean less use of the car than my daily commute, I'm hoping that the reduced petrol costs will at least counterbalance the extra heating costs with me home more of the day through the winter.
    Putting baby on the front seat for shorter journeys might be a plan (don't have the option of using OH's vehicle as that's just a two seater van).
    My car doesn't have isofix at the moment which is another reason for thinking of replacing it - I have seen that you can get kits to retrofit it though so if nothing turns up in the next couple of months I think we'll try that. We had been planning on replacing the car and going back to an estate in a year anyway, we just might bring the plan forward a bit.
    • FreddieFrugal
    • By FreddieFrugal 31st Jan 18, 6:11 PM
    • 1,621 Posts
    • 1,726 Thanks
    FreddieFrugal
    What car is it?

You're probably right though if that's going to be your main transport it'll be worth getting something bigger.
    Last edited by FreddieFrugal; 31-01-2018 at 6:15 PM.
    Mortgage remaining: £42,260 of £77,000 (2.59% til 03/18 - 2.09% til 03/23)

Savings target June 18 - £18,106 / £25,000
    • afoolandhermoney
    • By afoolandhermoney 1st Feb 18, 8:41 AM
    • 166 Posts
    • 287 Thanks
    afoolandhermoney
    Hi Freddie - its a three door focus, I love it but the back seats are just so far back (if that makes sense) I'm not sure I'd reach to get a car seat in and out. I think what I'll do (once I'm telling people in real life) is see if I can borrow a car seat to have a practice with, several friends had babies last year so although they live quite a distance away I'm sure at least one would be happy to let me try it out if I called round.

Midwife appt this afternoon, hoping all goes well - anyone else getting crazy paranoid at this stage that its not real or that there's something wrong?
    • covcitygirl
    • By covcitygirl 5th Feb 18, 3:03 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    covcitygirl
    Sorry I haven't posted for a while. My little one and husband have had a terrible flu type thing so it has been a tough few days. I can't believe I am nearly 7 weeks already. The pregnancy is going so much quicker the second time.

Afoodandhermoney- yes I am starting to feel paranoid there might be something wrong or no pregnancy at all. Last time we were lucky that we had 2 early scans so knew everything was ok but we haven't had any this time around.
    • afoolandhermoney
    • By afoolandhermoney 5th Feb 18, 3:12 PM
    • 166 Posts
    • 287 Thanks
    afoolandhermoney
    Covcitygirl - I'm glad its not just me.
    The nausea is really hitting today, midwife appointment on Thursday went well - she has me at 5 weeks now (though with my short cycles I know I ovulated early so am expecting the due date to come forward at my scan), need another 1hr appointment next month (that will be my proper "booking in" appointment) as this first hour still wasn't enough to go through everything. She said I'd be sick of the sight of her by the end with all the appointments

Trying to decide whether to collar the boss at some point this week about it or whether to wait til after my holiday next week - will see what sort of mood he's in on Friday I think (he's in meetings all week til then)
    • afoolandhermoney
    • By afoolandhermoney 7th Feb 18, 10:43 AM
    • 166 Posts
    • 287 Thanks
    afoolandhermoney
    caught the boss in a good mood this morning and broke the news (also told my work BFF - she'd been wondering why I had suddenly developed a love of herbal teas). Its all getting a bit real now that people know. I think we'll tell my parents and his mum this weekend (both mum's have been a bit down lately - hopefully this will brighten them up).
    How's everyone else feeling today?
    • millysg1
    • By millysg1 7th Feb 18, 6:31 PM
    • 483 Posts
    • 1,654 Thanks
    millysg1
    caught the boss in a good mood this morning and broke the news (also told my work BFF - she'd been wondering why I had suddenly developed a love of herbal teas). Its all getting a bit real now that people know. I think we'll tell my parents and his mum this weekend (both mum's have been a bit down lately - hopefully this will brighten them up).
    How's everyone else feeling today?
    Originally posted by afoolandhermoney
    Oh good. Very exciting when people start knowing.

Iíve got my first midwife appointment on Monday when Iíll be 9 weeks. Having a lot of nausea which fluctuates with intensity throughout the day. Not fun at work.

Weíve not told anyone yet. Well have to tell my OHs brother and wife this weekend as staying with them for the weekend and it will be obvious when I refuse alcohol.

We will also have to tell me in laws the following week as go8ng on holiday with my FIL. Then weíll wait till after the scan to tell anyone else which wonít be till March.
    • afoolandhermoney
    • By afoolandhermoney 9th Feb 18, 11:20 AM
    • 166 Posts
    • 287 Thanks
    afoolandhermoney
    good luck for Monday millysg1 - my first appointment last week was quite intense (they took a full medical history including mental health - I've had issues with depression in the past, and talking about it is never easy) next one is in three weeks to do the rest of my booking in and take family medical history (she said to allow another hour for that one). I didn't see our "local" midwife last week but the regular one called "for a chat" while I was driving last night - will call her back at lunchtime as by the time I got home and picked up the message it was a bit late. I think she just wants to introduce herself and see how I'm doing.

Off work next week - I'm so looking forward to having a rest and not having to hide the nausea! I'm snacking like anything today to hold it off as much as possible (luckily having a desk full of snacks isn't unusual for me so the rest of the office aren't too suspicious)
    • Dot.1991
    • By Dot.1991 11th Feb 18, 6:22 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 77 Thanks
    Dot.1991
    HI all hope everyone is doing well
    Afool I am just like you with having snack drawer(s)!
    I!!!8217;ve found having the snack size portions of cheese help if I get hungry at work.
    I!!!8217;ve had a bit of a funny week. Friend at work is also pregnant but has had some bleeding this week and it!!!8217;s really took me back. She!!!8217;s had a scan and thought she was 7 but they think 6, they also think there could possibly be another one in there too! She!!!8217;s having another scan in 2 weeks. I!!!8217;m really hoping everything is ok with her I!!!8217;ve tried to not be excited this week infront of her
    My mums bestfriends daughter is also pregnant abit further on than me and went for her scan the other week and her Down!!!8217;s syndrome blood test has come back with same risk as a 45 year old, she!!!8217;s 29. She!!!8217;s having some more tests done privately but doesn!!!8217;t get the results until tomorrow.
    All these things are just putting me on edge that something won!!!8217;t be right with me too. I!!!8217;ve still had hardly any symptoms apart from toilet issues (sorry tmi!)

Sorry for the complaining I really want to enjoy the experience but I!!!8217;m just hearing too much bad stuff at the moment.

My scan is on Tuesday morning I should be 11+3 xx
    • millysg1
    • By millysg1 12th Feb 18, 7:34 PM
    • 483 Posts
    • 1,654 Thanks
    millysg1
    HI all hope everyone is doing well
    Afool I am just like you with having snack drawer(s)!
    I!!!8217;ve found having the snack size portions of cheese help if I get hungry at work.
    I!!!8217;ve had a bit of a funny week. Friend at work is also pregnant but has had some bleeding this week and it!!!8217;s really took me back. She!!!8217;s had a scan and thought she was 7 but they think 6, they also think there could possibly be another one in there too! She!!!8217;s having another scan in 2 weeks. I!!!8217;m really hoping everything is ok with her I!!!8217;ve tried to not be excited this week infront of her
    My mums bestfriends daughter is also pregnant abit further on than me and went for her scan the other week and her Down!!!8217;s syndrome blood test has come back with same risk as a 45 year old, she!!!8217;s 29. She!!!8217;s having some more tests done privately but doesn!!!8217;t get the results until tomorrow.
    All these things are just putting me on edge that something won!!!8217;t be right with me too. I!!!8217;ve still had hardly any symptoms apart from toilet issues (sorry tmi!)

Sorry for the complaining I really want to enjoy the experience but I!!!8217;m just hearing too much bad stuff at the moment.

My scan is on Tuesday morning I should be 11+3 xx
    Originally posted by Dot.1991
    Itís totally normal to be feeling all that, especially after your friends difficulties. Iíd be surprised if not everyone has some paranoia that something is going to go wrong or second guess whether they are pregnant.
    Your scan should hopefully give you some comfort. Also, take a second test if your worried about still being pregnant. I did the first time pregnant. Iím temoted to again now as I bought 2 and have 1 laying around. But then I try to think positively and concentrate on all the signs and that Iíve had no periods or bleeding or pain of any kind.

My SIL Had an eptopic pregnant a couple weeks ago, just as we found out we were pregnant so Iíve reading up all the signs, which is silly as it just adds to the worry rather than help.

My midwife visit went fine today. They had a lot of info from first pregnancy so didnít take as long as I thought it might. I will be under consultant lead care again, as Iíd expected. Now wait for scan in 3 weeks.
    • afoolandhermoney
    • By afoolandhermoney 19th Feb 18, 11:21 AM
    • 166 Posts
    • 287 Thanks
    afoolandhermoney
    oh Dot I hope your friend's are ok - good luck for the scan tomorrow

millysg - hope your SIL is ok too,

really struggling through work today - I had last week off (originally planning a bit of a break, but I've felt so ill we didn't go anywhere in the end) and its a bit of a jolt coming back to it, would much rather be at home right now. Much more vomiting the last two days, beginning to wonder why does anybody do this a second time? I'm either 7 or 8 weeks today, but hopefully I'll be out of the sick-y phase soon.

Told both the mums last week - they are both very excited.
    • afoolandhermoney
    • By afoolandhermoney 23rd Feb 18, 2:29 PM
    • 166 Posts
    • 287 Thanks
    afoolandhermoney
    hope everyone's ok and that scans have all gone well

AFM - My mum and my friend have both started knitting for baby already, and friend's sis-in-law has said I can have all the stuff she's kept since she had her little boy 4 years ago, so we may be sorted for a cot and pram (just need a new mattress). MIL still has the rocking moses basket that she had for DH - will go and see what state that's in as its been in the loft over 40 years, but that might be another freebie if it just needs a clean (again, it'll need a new mattress).
    That's a huge weight off my mind and a start towards a healthier looking budget for staying home with the baby

I also picked up a shimmery black maternity dress in the mothercare sale which will do me for an event I'm going to in early May; and got a couple of dresses and a top off facebook market place which will be good for when the weather finally heats up.

Nausea now coming in waves through the day rather than constantly, although I'm still being sick in the morning and sometimes in the afternoons too.

Still exhausted - I even had a lie down after breakfast this morning (before I was sick again), and a mini cat-nap at lunchtime. Only 90mins till I finish work today and then once I've picked up some cat food I can go home to bed. Booking appointment with the MW on Thursday so I don't need to get up too early then which might help the tiredness. Might see about working some shorter days next week if possible.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,319Posts Today

7,735Users online

Martin's Twitter