Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • neneromanova
    • By neneromanova 31st Dec 13, 7:29 PM
    • 2,851Posts
    • 6,820Thanks
    neneromanova
    Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!!
    • 31st Dec 13, 7:29 PM
    Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!! 31st Dec 13 at 7:29 PM
    Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

Welcome to our Families' section under 12 weeks' pregnant club. It's a fantastic chat area started by forumite neneromanova several years ago and still going strong. Chat to other new mums-to-be about all things baby and parenting including, whether MoneySaving or not. Click "reply" below to join in the conversation and join the Forum.

Don't forget to read our Baby Checklist too for tons of tips on saving money when you have a littl'un on the way.

Back to the original thread...

-------

This is a continuation of This thread which will be closed due to it's length.

It's a thread that came from the very different needs of early pregnancy and is the springboard for the main MSE pregnancy thread here...

I've taken some of the thread 'starters' from the main thread including the be careful notice below... Please let me know if there's more that should be on this opening post. ps thanks to Courgette for starting the original thread.

Ladies also please remember the following rules

MEDICAL ADVICE

Sorry, giving or asking for medical advice is not permitted on this forum as it’s not what this site is about. While discussing medical insurance policies, cheaper ways to see consultants, cashback for alternative health treatments and how to get specific medication cheaper (legally) are all perfectly acceptable we ask you specifically not to discuss what to do in the event of certain medical problems (please see this rule on the Health Board). If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

PERSONAL DETAILS AND THE OFFERING OF ITEMS FOR SALE/TRADE/EXCHANGE/SWAP/GIFTS

Please refrain from requesting the exchange of personal details either on the forum, via PM or email; particularly for the purposes of selling/trading/exchanging/swapping or giving as gifts. This includes posting links to your ebay auctions, or other forms of advertising.

If someone appears to be selling items on the board it may be deleted by the board guides/forum team. The aim is to protect site users as however honourable the intention, your safety is paramount.

FREE TO JOIN BABY CLUBS:
    Its probably best to go to the main thread for these... all on the first page, thanks ticklepenny

Please don't forget that this is a public forum and anyone could be reading it. Don't let this put you off discussing anything personal, just please be aware that the people posting on the thread may not be the only ones reading (it may just be that these people, aka lurkers, are too shy to post). Now enjoy your pg natter

and lets hope all our little beans are sticky ones...

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 12-10-2017 at 2:31 PM.
    DD1 Born 31st March 2008
    DD2 Born 29th August 2010
    DS1 Born 28th October 2013
    Got Married 15th September 2012 Now Mrs Clark

Page 392
    • FreddieFrugal
    • By FreddieFrugal 2nd Dec 17, 6:06 PM
    • 1,558 Posts
    • 1,663 Thanks
    FreddieFrugal
    OH really not feeling well the last two days. She didn't manage to eat breakfast yesterday as she was feeling very nauseas. When she arrived home from work she went straight up to bed - apparently she'd been feeling really sick all day and had barely eaten anything.

She had a small amount of toast and shortly after was sick with what little she had eaten.

Today she's eaten a bit, had slice of toast, a few crackers and managed some chicken soup for lunch and dinner. But still getting bad nausea. Not actually been sick. Stayed in bed.

Mainly just really strong stomach pain which is probably mostly hunger. But she's also still getting waves of nausea and complaining of back pain.

She's not had a temperature though so I don't think it's a virus.

She's obviously just worrying about baby especially with the stomach pain.

Hopefully fact she's eaten more today + another nights sleep will see her feeling much better in the morning.
    Mortgage remaining: £43,140 of £77,000 (2.59% til 04/18)

Savings target July 17 - £17,960 / £28,000
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 4th Dec 17, 9:11 AM
    • 1,427 Posts
    • 6,708 Thanks
    mary hinge
    OH really not feeling well the last two days. She didn't manage to eat breakfast yesterday as she was feeling very nauseas. When she arrived home from work she went straight up to bed - apparently she'd been feeling really sick all day and had barely eaten anything.

She had a small amount of toast and shortly after was sick with what little she had eaten.

Today she's eaten a bit, had slice of toast, a few crackers and managed some chicken soup for lunch and dinner. But still getting bad nausea. Not actually been sick. Stayed in bed.

Mainly just really strong stomach pain which is probably mostly hunger. But she's also still getting waves of nausea and complaining of back pain.

She's not had a temperature though so I don't think it's a virus.

She's obviously just worrying about baby especially with the stomach pain.

Hopefully fact she's eaten more today + another nights sleep will see her feeling much better in the morning.
    Originally posted by FreddieFrugal

How is OH today Freddie?

My nausea has escalated to full blown vomit. Alot. not long home from the school run and I'm planning a sofa morning with a duvet (anyone else freezing cold like all of the time?!) just to to sink this piece of toast and cuppa first, a mouthful feels like a mountain today
    Living in a superhero induced haze
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • FreddieFrugal
    • By FreddieFrugal 4th Dec 17, 9:32 PM
    • 1,558 Posts
    • 1,663 Thanks
    FreddieFrugal
    She's a lot better now. Still a bit off her food but eating more normally and no more sickness. Feeling tired from it though.

She's lost 2kg from what she was at booking appt. nothing really to lose to start with! Need to feed her up once the nausea tails off.

Her bump is really noticeable today, but it s meant to show sooner after the first baby.

• LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 5th Dec 17, 12:33 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 166 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    I've now passed the 12 week mark (Sunday), and lo and behold yesterday I ate properly! Real food with nutritional benefits! So it does end! Still feeling a bit sickly when I get hungry but I can absolutely live with that. Last night I did some training (very difficult to hide a shockingly early attempt at an emerging bump in lycra...) rather than getting straight into bed with toast at the end of the day.

Scan day on Thursday
    • FreddieFrugal
    • By FreddieFrugal 5th Dec 17, 8:52 PM
    • 1,558 Posts
    • 1,663 Thanks
    FreddieFrugal
    She managed to eat quite a lot of the roasted veg lasagne - was a big portion left over from when I made it on Friday. Even more bumpy today.

10 weeks today.

We've got another two weeks and two days til the scan. The time is going quite quickly though

We bought a new table and chairs from IKEA as we still had the little one we bought from Pound Stretcher Extra when we first moved in together.

We're having both sets of parents round for Christmas so needed something bigger.

• FreddieFrugal
    • By FreddieFrugal 7th Dec 17, 9:07 PM
    • 1,558 Posts
    • 1,663 Thanks
    FreddieFrugal
    Hope your scan went well LavendarBee

• LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 11th Dec 17, 11:14 AM
    • 99 Posts
    • 166 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    Thanks Freddie

All good, and I was put forward a few days (as expected). I have been convinced I was expecting a boy, but going by the skull theory it looks like a girl, so now I've no idea!

I think I'm going to risk popping onto the next thread, 13+3 now, so biting the bullet. Second trimester here I come!

See you all there
    • FreddieFrugal
    • By FreddieFrugal 11th Dec 17, 11:18 AM
    • 1,558 Posts
    • 1,663 Thanks
    FreddieFrugal
    Oh good! I've been checking often to see if you'd posted about it.

We could tell from the 12 week scan that it was a boy because the scan photo they gave us showed him in exactly the right position and you could see the genital nub. Angle of dangle was definitely boy!

But also OH was convinced she was having a boy right from the beginning. This time she doesn't know.

She's in maternity trousers already!

10 days til scan...not like I'm counting or anything!

• mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 11th Dec 17, 11:45 AM
    • 1,427 Posts
    • 6,708 Thanks
    mary hinge
    I have a epau scan booked for tomorrow after my mc in the summer. I am hoping the fact I have horrendous nausea and morning sickness 24/7 and that my b00bs feel like bullets that they are all positive signs that the pregnancy is still developing well.
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • FreddieFrugal
    • By FreddieFrugal 11th Dec 17, 9:15 PM
    • 1,558 Posts
    • 1,663 Thanks
    FreddieFrugal
    Hope the scan shows everything is going well!

• mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 12th Dec 17, 2:05 PM
    • 1,427 Posts
    • 6,708 Thanks
    mary hinge
    Thanks Freddie, Scan went well, showed a heart beat and a pregnancy of around 7+ weeks. I feel abit better about it all now but equally know there is time for things to still go wrong.

I'm having to rest alot at the moment, I feel exhausted and weak alot of the time, I'm aiming for a few mouthfuls of food every hour or so to try and keep the vomiting at bay, fingers crossed it's working and makes the nausea some what easier to bare.
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 12th Dec 17, 6:38 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 166 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    Oh good! I've been checking often to see if you'd posted about it.

We could tell from the 12 week scan that it was a boy because the scan photo they gave us showed him in exactly the right position and you could see the genital nub. Angle of dangle was definitely boy!

But also OH was convinced she was having a boy right from the beginning. This time she doesn't know.

She's in maternity trousers already!

10 days til scan...not like I'm counting or anything!
    Originally posted by FreddieFrugal
    Oh bless her, I'm getting some after Christmas for the bloating alone! We didn't get to see the nub either at the time or on the pic. Now I've got conflicting evidence I feel like we're properly team yellow, before I was kinda sad that I had such a strong feeling that it had taken the surprise away.

Hang in there Mary, I was exactly the same, so incredibly exhausted and had to eat a mouthful every hour to stop me bringing everything up. I'm glad your scan went well though

Having told my parents now, interestingly I had the same early pregnancy symptoms, cravings and aversions as my mum (she'd never told me before) - even down to the timing of the day when the sickness was worst! Odd how these things work.
    • FreddieFrugal
    • By FreddieFrugal 12th Dec 17, 9:05 PM
    • 1,558 Posts
    • 1,663 Thanks
    FreddieFrugal
    Excellent news about the scan, hope you start feeling better soon Mary!

I wasn't expecting to know the sex that early LavendarBee - just opened the envelope, pulled out the scan picture and said "oh, well it's a boy!"

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,093Posts Today

7,382Users online

Martin's Twitter