Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • neneromanova
    • By neneromanova 31st Dec 13, 7:29 PM
    • 2,851Posts
    • 6,820Thanks
    neneromanova
    Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!!
    • 31st Dec 13, 7:29 PM
    Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!! 31st Dec 13 at 7:29 PM
    Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

Welcome to our Families' section under 12 weeks' pregnant club. It's a fantastic chat area started by forumite neneromanova several years ago and still going strong. Chat to other new mums-to-be about all things baby and parenting including, whether MoneySaving or not. Click "reply" below to join in the conversation and join the Forum.

Don't forget to read our Baby Checklist too for tons of tips on saving money when you have a littl'un on the way.

Back to the original thread...

-------

This is a continuation of This thread which will be closed due to it's length.

It's a thread that came from the very different needs of early pregnancy and is the springboard for the main MSE pregnancy thread here...

I've taken some of the thread 'starters' from the main thread including the be careful notice below... Please let me know if there's more that should be on this opening post. ps thanks to Courgette for starting the original thread.

Ladies also please remember the following rules

MEDICAL ADVICE

Sorry, giving or asking for medical advice is not permitted on this forum as it’s not what this site is about. While discussing medical insurance policies, cheaper ways to see consultants, cashback for alternative health treatments and how to get specific medication cheaper (legally) are all perfectly acceptable we ask you specifically not to discuss what to do in the event of certain medical problems (please see this rule on the Health Board). If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

PERSONAL DETAILS AND THE OFFERING OF ITEMS FOR SALE/TRADE/EXCHANGE/SWAP/GIFTS

Please refrain from requesting the exchange of personal details either on the forum, via PM or email; particularly for the purposes of selling/trading/exchanging/swapping or giving as gifts. This includes posting links to your ebay auctions, or other forms of advertising.

If someone appears to be selling items on the board it may be deleted by the board guides/forum team. The aim is to protect site users as however honourable the intention, your safety is paramount.

FREE TO JOIN BABY CLUBS:
    Its probably best to go to the main thread for these... all on the first page, thanks ticklepenny

Please don't forget that this is a public forum and anyone could be reading it. Don't let this put you off discussing anything personal, just please be aware that the people posting on the thread may not be the only ones reading (it may just be that these people, aka lurkers, are too shy to post). Now enjoy your pg natter

and lets hope all our little beans are sticky ones...

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 12-10-2017 at 2:31 PM.
    DD1 Born 31st March 2008
    DD2 Born 29th August 2010
    DS1 Born 28th October 2013
    Got Married 15th September 2012 Now Mrs Clark

Page 389
    • HJ279
    • By HJ279 28th Sep 17, 6:19 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    HJ279
    Thanks for that Kirstypoos, I'm on cyclizine and omeprazole so that sounds ok. Cyclizine isn't working as well anymore though, somedays seems to be ok, others just doesnt work

Congratulations Emdoug, flying should be fine then. We're flying end of October and I think I'll be 13wks then which should be ok. Luckily my lo is 2 now, so has to have his own seat, didnt fancy having him on my lap this time lol.
    • Teeniepops
    • By Teeniepops 4th Oct 17, 3:40 PM
    • 169 Posts
    • 427 Thanks
    Teeniepops
    Hi. Is everyone doing ok? Been quiet on here the last week! Hope people are doing ok.

Morning sickness has well and truly started. Luckily it is only nausea and not any actual sickness yet, but literally every time I eat I feel nauseous. Lots of fun!

I managed to track down a 2 skin care ranges...Tropics confirmed their facial range is safe for all stages of pregnancy but said their 'bath to body' products should be avoided - whilst they believe they're ok also they said to wait until 3rd trimester for that to be on safe side. Also, all Aveeno products are ok and much better to the budget, though limits facial stuff. Hope that helps! X
    • Chelle22
    • By Chelle22 4th Oct 17, 6:05 PM
    • 334 Posts
    • 1,166 Thanks
    Chelle22
    Hi Teeniepops, I think most others have now graduated to the next thread, not sure there are many of us here currently.

I am 7+3 today and definitely in the nauseous/ exhaustion stage. I know I’m lucky I haven’t been sick at all but the nausea is quite full on. I have completely gone off all food, although I am still eating, even the thought of food just turns my stomach. I love to eat so this is a strange feeling.

I had my midwife appointment yesterday. It was exciting to speak to someone officially about the pregnancy. We have booked into a labour ward about 40 mins away as there are only midwifery units “close by”, and by close by I mean about 30 mins away. We just felt more comfortable knowing that should anything go wrong there will be a doctor on hand. Now we just need to wait for the scan letter to come through. Oh and I have my flu jab booked for next Saturday.
    • Teeniepops
    • By Teeniepops 5th Oct 17, 7:03 AM
    • 169 Posts
    • 427 Thanks
    Teeniepops
    Hi, Chelle. I hadn't realised we were so few in numbers haha!

Sorry you're feeling sick too. It sucks doesn't it? I'm 6+5 as of this morning. Got my first midwife appointment on Tuesday and first scan on 20th which is early but because we are under fertility treatment care, they seem to do extra scans. Not complaining as be good to get some evidence it is in there other than tests haha.

Glad your appointment went well. You sound like us re: distance to hospitals etc.! I agree; I would want a doctor about too.

Hope the sickness passes soon Hun. Take care x
    • MrsNubs
    • By MrsNubs 5th Oct 17, 4:08 PM
    • 97 Posts
    • 198 Thanks
    MrsNubs
    Hello ladies, just a quick one to say I'm moving up to the next thread. Had my second attempt at the 12 week scan today and she was able to get all the measurements she needed. NT measurement was 1.5 which according to some googling is a good sign, so just have to wait for the blood test results. Been re-dated to 12+3 so have moved back another 3 days, new EDD is now 16th April, but been told it probably won't change again. Baby was being very uncooperative when we first went in and was lying in the wrong position so she had me go and run up and down the stairs!

Good luck to all of you lovely ladies and looking forward to seeing you all on the next thread!
    • HJ279
    • By HJ279 7th Oct 17, 2:52 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    HJ279
    Hi ladies,
    Well I'm about 9 and a half weeks now, just waiting for this morning sickness to let up a bit. Saw the midwife last week for booking in and she said it often peaks around 9-10w then settles down, so fingers crossed. On third anti-sickness medication and still being sick twice a day at least, lost about 6lb so far (although not neccessarily a bad thing lol).
    Hope everyone else is doing ok x
    • Teeniepops
    • By Teeniepops 8th Oct 17, 1:35 PM
    • 169 Posts
    • 427 Thanks
    Teeniepops
    Hi HJ297. How did you sickness progress? I'm 7 weeks today and whilst I've not physically been sick I feel sick whenever I eat or drink anything. When did yours peak? I'm hoping mine won't worsen but even the thought of certain things makes me feel nauseous.

Also, anyone else getting insane tiredness? I slept 8-8 Friday night to Saturday morning and still managed to sleep 11.30-3pm that same day before going to bed at 9 again. It's like I can't get enough rest. I have an under active thyroid which may be why it's so bad but my levels seem ok ATM (but having another test on Tuesday).

Hope all ok x
    • LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 11th Oct 17, 9:20 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 166 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    Hello ladies - I'm not really here yet. Sorta. Ish.

I've had my BFP (hooray!) and reckon I am 4 and a half weeks. Went to the GP this afternoon to confirm etc. I've got one niggling thing hanging over me, which is pain around my right hand side which isn't going away. On one hand, this is the area I had lasered in a laparoscopy earlier in the summer, and it has been giving me some jip ever since, so it may just be settling down still. On the other hand there is the worry that it's ectopic. I've got 2 weeks for it to fizzle out and if not they'll scan to see if it's a goer or not. So, I'm not really here yet.

But I've got an admin question for you all My Dr has given me the number of the community midwife team to call ASAP; ASAP because they want to see me twice before I'm 10 weeks? In a clinic, in a community centre? I've not heard of this before thinking back to other women's pregnancies over the last couple of years, though admittedly none of them were in the same town as me. Has anyone else had this setup?

All I can think of is Call the Midwife, and I'm wondering if I ought to wear a floral dress and a beehive, and answer everything in an East End accent
    • NBDS
    • By NBDS 12th Oct 17, 7:38 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    NBDS
    Hi everyone,
    Welcome and congrats to you that have had your bfps!
    Just a quick one to say Iím happily moving up to the next thread. First scan yday and was 13+6. So looks like my first non-pill period was infact an implantation bleed! Healthy and wriggly baby in there. All feels real now
    Good luck x
    • LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 12th Oct 17, 1:02 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 166 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    Hi and Bye NBDS

I booked my two clinic appointments this morning. One will be around 6 and a half weeks, the other will be around 8 and a half. Was told to fill in an online form to generate the 12 week scan, except that having found said form it said don't fill in 'til you're 6 weeks (having told the lady on the phone that I think I'm 4-5). I wasn't expecting clinics, online forms, and 3 appointments in 2 months at all!

My main symptom has been ridiculously sore boobs, alongside my constant strong twinges/pain issue (feeling a bit better today ). But today I had my first proper "c*** I'm going to faint!" moment. I was standing up putting some bits in envelopes. Slowly felt for my chair and sat down, stuffed my envelopes incredibly slowly and hoped no-one saw!
    • rainbow_791
    • By rainbow_791 12th Oct 17, 2:38 PM
    • 1,483 Posts
    • 1,274 Thanks
    rainbow_791
    Hi, I hope I am Ok to Join.

We found out this week we are expecting our first baby,we are almost 5 weeks so early days.

I could not be happier but so nervous and just want the next few weeks out the way to give me a little more confidence.

So far I have had really sore boobs, so tired and slight cramps which all seem so normal.

I have read this thread for a while now and so pleased to be able to join
    • HJ279
    • By HJ279 15th Oct 17, 8:25 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    HJ279
    Hi, to Rainbow and Lavenderbee
    Lavenderbee does sound like they are very organised where you live, here midwife wont see you till you're at least 8weeks.
    Teenipops hope your tiredness and sickness are ok. I found the vomiting started about 7wks and before this it was nausea but my midwife has diagnosed mine as hyperemesis, so thats much less common than 'normal' morning sickness so to speak, so hopefully yours wont ever get that bad.
    Went to harvester for a family meal out. Vomited twice on the way there, ate my meal, then vomited it all up in a layby on the way home husband was not impressed.....
    • Teeniepops
    • By Teeniepops 17th Oct 17, 4:55 PM
    • 169 Posts
    • 427 Thanks
    Teeniepops
    Hi all. Sorry for not being about much the last week or so; it's been a rotter.

My tiredness and nausea are off chart and seem to be worsening by the day. I'm 8w2d and today is the worst I've felt but trying to be positive as I'm seeing it as a good sign. I do dance as a hobby and was away this weekend at an annual dance event. Went thinking I'd be ok but before we arrived my sickness picked up and I found it hard work. I told each teacher so as to tailor moves (it's belly dance so mostly core work) so no risk to baby. But I felt poo. Still not thrown up though which is good!

Sorry you're so much worse HJ! Hope it's ok sooner than later Hun.

Welcome, Rainbow! Congratulations!

Lavander - I hope the aches pass soon. They suck but eased for me each week.

Xx
    • Teeniepops
    • By Teeniepops 20th Oct 17, 6:21 AM
    • 169 Posts
    • 427 Thanks
    Teeniepops
    Hi all.

So I had an early scan yesterday due to being treated with fertility drugs.

I had a gut feel (no pun intended) this was the case...

WE ARE HAVING TWINS!!!

Over the moon and a pinch scared but mostly can't stop grinning! Hope you're all well xx
    • rainbow_791
    • By rainbow_791 20th Oct 17, 10:57 AM
    • 1,483 Posts
    • 1,274 Thanks
    rainbow_791
    Hi all.

So I had an early scan yesterday due to being treated with fertility drugs.

I had a gut feel (no pun intended) this was the case...

WE ARE HAVING TWINS!!!

Over the moon and a pinch scared but mostly can't stop grinning! Hope you're all well xx
    Originally posted by Teeniepops
    Amazing news, Congratulations!! xx
    • LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 23rd Oct 17, 5:53 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 166 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    Congrats Teenie (I am a teenie bit jealous ) x
    • JeaneeMummy
    • By JeaneeMummy 25th Oct 17, 9:10 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    JeaneeMummy
    Hi everyone, just joined the forum. I have my first scan booked for Monday and they're dating me at 12weeks at the moment but I don't think I'm that far along. The same thing happened when I had DD. So I think I'm probably okay in this thread for a couple of weeks. Will find out on Monday! Hope everyone is doing ok and the sickness is starting to pass for you all
    • Teeniepops
    • By Teeniepops 30th Oct 17, 5:42 PM
    • 169 Posts
    • 427 Thanks
    Teeniepops
    Thank you Rainbow and Lavender. Was over the moon to see your BFP news Lavender. Congratulations!

Hope youíre all doing ok!

How did the scan go JeaneeMummy?

Iím 10w1d now and already huge. I suppose it shouldnít be a shock given there are two in there! But itís getting hard to hide now and people keep glancing at my tummy. A few people have asked if Iím ok afterwards in that awkward manner that suggests Ďlay off the pies loveí which is amusing haha. Iím usually at the gym a lot and such but been so tired I canít face it but lost weight this week even though look bigger!

Hope everyone is getting along well xx
    • Rainbowsandxos
    • By Rainbowsandxos 31st Oct 17, 12:02 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Rainbowsandxos
    A little hello,
    I may be joining you guys (if that’s okay?) so thought I’d pop in and say hello, I’ve taken 4 Amazon cheep tests all with a very faint line but they I’m not sure I trust them so I’ve ordered a clear blue digital due to arrive on the 2nd so that’s when I will fully accept it as a positive.
    But today’s test was fainter than yesterday’s so I’m very skepticql at the moment and think I may have gotten a bad pack.
    But if it is real i’ll Be about 4 weeks.
    • LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 31st Oct 17, 1:49 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 166 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    Hello Rainbow

I used Amazon cheapie tests (not necessarily the same brand) and they were right we'll keep fingers crossed for your Clear Blue test though. If you want to check about other sensitivities of tests (brands/shops) on the first post of the Trying to Conceive thread there is a list. I did get good results with the Amazon ones but I guess I just must have good HcG levels (not due to twins, unlike Teenie ). I went up 5 cup sizes in a fortnight and have constant nausea and bizarre food aversions, so yes, that all ties in!

I'm 7+2 now, had an early scan due to a suspected ectopic last week (turned out to be some implications from endo and laparoscopy), but all is well and had a heartbeat even though it's only measuring 4.5mm.

Roll on the next 5 weeks, I'm awaiting the date for my 12 week scan.

Teenie I've been avoiding the gym too (waaaay too nauseous and tired) and having to nibble all day. Today I'm hiding anti-sickness bands under a long sleeve cardi. Feeling very conspicuous!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,942Posts Today

7,736Users online

Martin's Twitter